Jump to content


Historical Sch-lol-arship: T-34


  • Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

EnsignExpendable #181 Posted Jul 14 2015 - 14:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 23762 battles
  • 17,792
  • [SGLE] SGLE
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
They discover this article every other week over there, no need to necro a two year old thread over it.

Shanzival #182 Posted Jul 14 2015 - 15:03

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9311 battles
  • 557
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011
Oh man, I love how they keep bringing up the cost in Reichmarks to 'prove' that the Panther wasn't that much more expensive than the Pz IV to produce. They must have gotten a really good bulk deal on all that extra stuff that went into the Panthers. They were what, 50% heavier at least? And with more complicated and thicker armor plates?


Donward #183 Posted Jul 14 2015 - 18:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 46957 battles
  • 7,083
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO
  • Member since:
    08-29-2011
Cost savings from relying extensively on slave labor. Starving, poorly housing, withholding medical care, raping and executing your  foreign workforce goes a long way towards balancing the bottom line.

Just don't tell that to today's modern venture capitalists aiming to downsize a business...

Tied #184 Posted Jul 14 2015 - 23:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 5041 battles
  • 4,190
  • Member since:
    07-03-2013

View PostEnsignExpendable, on Jul 14 2015 - 16:13, said:

They discover this article every other week over there, no need to necro a two year old thread over it.

 

it rarely gets 12 pages and having the vast majority of forum-goers accept it as fact 

EnsignExpendable #185 Posted Jul 15 2015 - 01:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 23762 battles
  • 17,792
  • [SGLE] SGLE
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
You must not read the forums that much, it does that every time. 

acosnil #186 Posted Jul 21 2015 - 01:39

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 3332 battles
  • 697
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View PostDonward, on Jul 14 2015 - 17:53, said:

Cost savings from relying extensively on slave labor. Starving, poorly housing, withholding medical care, raping and executing your foreign workforce goes a long way towards balancing the bottom line.

Just don't tell that to today's modern venture capitalists aiming to downsize a business...

 

Is there any reliable way to gauge what the real cost of production was during WW2? Everyone engaged in funny money shenanigans to some extent and man hours aren't always a reliable figure.

Tied #187 Posted Jul 21 2015 - 15:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 5041 battles
  • 4,190
  • Member since:
    07-03-2013
Maybe the amount of metals it takes? 

Shanzival #188 Posted Jul 21 2015 - 15:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9311 battles
  • 557
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011
That can help, especially if there is a resource crunch, but complexity can be a big multiplier to the amount of effort needed.

Dominatus #189 Posted Jul 21 2015 - 16:10

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 10311 battles
  • 13,790
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    12-21-2010
There's also the issue that resources can be relatively more expensive for one nation than for another.

xthetenth #190 Posted Jul 21 2015 - 19:15

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 14701 battles
  • 3,528
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN
  • Member since:
    09-02-2010

View PostDonward, on Jul 14 2015 - 12:53, said:

Cost savings from relying extensively on slave labor. Starving, poorly housing, withholding medical care, raping and executing your foreign workforce goes a long way towards balancing the bottom line.

Just don't tell that to today's modern venture capitalists aiming to downsize a business...

 

You think they don't already know?

 

View Postacosnil, on Jul 20 2015 - 19:39, said:

 

Is there any reliable way to gauge what the real cost of production was during WW2? Everyone engaged in funny money shenanigans to some extent and man hours aren't always a reliable figure.

 

It's really hard because even such things as industrial processes aren't equivalent between countries, let alone resources with different scarcities.




3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users