Jimbo's Crosshairs - Not working

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

Midnitewolf #1 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 16:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hey everyone.  I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I downloaded the lastest Jimbo's Crosshairs that says it works with 8.8.  I follow the instructions which largely just says to copy the 0.8.8 to 0.8.8 which I did and all the files are there.

However the crosshairs don't load.

No clue what I am doing wrong so any help is appreciated.

Caveat_Hostis777 #2 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 17:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I just got mine installed, and it was easy enough. I'll try to help you.

First, did you download it from Curse? If you did, make sure you got J1mBO_s_Crosshair_Mod_v1.32. It should not have _Curse at the end of the name, as this version only uses the Curse installer.

Then, extract the files from the crosshair mod.

Delete res_mods in your WoT folder. Copy the newly extracted res_mods folder into WoT.

Let me know if that works. That is only for the crosshair, not the arty/zoomout/nogunshake mods.

Midnitewolf #3 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 17:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Yep did all that and can't for the life of me figure out what could be the issue.  Had the crosshairs working last night in 8.7 but can't get them to work in 8.8 with a new download.  All the files are there and seem in the proper place so I was just trying to figure out if something changed in the way you had to install them, but according to you look just like it used to be.  Weird thing is I couldn't get them to work on test a couple days ago either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Caveat_Hostis777 #4 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 17:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I just did it again, to make sure it works as I outlined. It did. My first mistake was downloading the version that was specifically for the Curse installer.
Once I had the proper file downloaded, my second mistake was not completely deleting the old res_mods folder. It had both an 0.8.7 and an 0.8.8 folder within, and they conflicted somehow. So I just deleted the entire res_mods folder and replaced it with the extracted J1mBO's res_mods folder. It's working fine now.
EDIT: just to be sure, did you already use the WoT client to automatically update to 8.8?
EDIT2: I'm following this thread too

Edited by Caveat_Hostis777, Sep 18 2013 - 17:12.

valkyrie451 #5 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 17:08

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
i'm going to book mark you guys on this thread. I will be installing that after the 8.8. is done on my computer etc.   I will be installing Jimbo's as well.

If I need help very soon, I will tag you guys back on this thread or send a message.

I have put it off, because i'm still working with support trying to get my replays to work, and support found a bug in the download I had.  So, I'm still trying to get my replays running first.  Then I will come to back to this..

thanks.

Midnitewolf #6 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 17:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostCaveat_Hostis777, on Sep 18 2013 - 17:08, said:

I just did it again, to make sure it works as I outlined. It did. My first mistake was downloading the version that was specifically for the Curse installer.
Once I had the proper file downloaded, my second mistake was not completely deleting the old res_mods folder. It had both an 0.8.7 and an 0.8.8 folder within, and they conflicted somehow. So I just deleted the entire res_mods folder and replaced it with the extracted J1mBO's res_mods folder. It's working fine now.
EDIT: just to be sure, did you already use the WoT client to automatically update to 8.8?
EDIT2: I'm following this thread too

Yes I used the client though I am in the process of a clean install to see if that helps.  Hopefully that fixes everything.  Luckly I have a 30mb connection :)

Shardmind #7 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 17:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
This worked for me:

Go into res_mods/8.8, then find the folder called "Data". Open it, then select the folder "gui": Cut it, then put it in res_mods/8.8

Caveat_Hostis777 #8 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 17:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMidnitewolf, on Sep 18 2013 - 17:15, said:

Yes I used the client though I am in the process of a clean install to see if that helps.  Hopefully that fixes everything.  Luckly I have a 30mb connection :)

Yeah, that connection speed certainly helps! To be honest, I've had a hard time installing this mod and all of its components over the last few patches, but this time it went smoothly. Hopefully you can get it to work after a clean re-install. As a beta tester, I'm sure you have more experience with this than I do. If it still doesn't work, I'll check back in a short while, and we can go through it together and make sure we do identical steps. One problem I've had in the past is making sure I downloaded the proper item.

Here is the link to the one I downloaded on Curse. I ran a MBAM scan and it showed it as a clean file: http://www.curse.com...reticles/734960

cupAsoup #9 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 17:54

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
I did get the mod to load as well. However, it seems as if the gun marker options have changed? I use a simple white dot for both arcade and sniper mode, now it is only giving me the option of using a "A" shaped marker or a "+" for the gun marker.

The center marker can be changed to the single dot, not the gun marker? Anyone else?

Lundqvist #10 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 18:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostcupAsoup, on Sep 18 2013 - 17:54, said:

I did get the mod to load as well. However, it seems as if the gun marker options have changed? I use a simple white dot for both arcade and sniper mode, now it is only giving me the option of using a "A" shaped marker or a "+" for the gun marker.

The center marker can be changed to the single dot, not the gun marker? Anyone else?

Same, I want my fooking dot!

Midnitewolf #11 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 18:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Well did a clean install.  Used the link you provided, replaced the entire res_mods in the new clean install with the one from Jimbo's Zip file and still nothing.   This doesn't make any sense.

Anyone got any ideas?  I mean I have been adding this mod and others for months and never had this type of issue.

Nekony #12 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 18:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Make sure the files from the zip archive are extracting properly. It is common for zip's to be packaged with folder structure already in place.
Depending how you extract those types of archives, you might end up "creating" the zip's default folder tree within the exsiting folder tree.
For example,
If a ZIP is packed like:
FolderA/FolderB/FolderC/FileName
And your current folder tree on your hard drive is the same, if you extract directly into the FolderC to overwrite the FileName file you may end up with this on your hard drive:
FolderA/FolderB/FolderC/FolderA/FolderB/FolderC/FileName
Best way to make sure this doesn't happen is to extract the archive into a folder on your desktop, open Windows Explore and navigate to the correct game folder on your hard drive, and then copy the folders and files over to the game from your desktop.

Grendel61 #13 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 19:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yeah, I'm struggling with this one too for some reason.  When I open the jimbo's file in winrar, there is no "res-mods" folder, only curse mod, gui, options, scripts and read me.  I've tried extracting the gui and scripts to several different areas of the game file, none seem to work.

Caveat_Hostis777 #14 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 19:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I'm sorry that still didn't work. I am out of ideas, but perhaps Nekony's advice may help. I can talk to you using Raidcall, if you want to try to walk through it together. I am not a computer whiz, but I have installed many mods in time. Hopefully, someone else can give you alternative advice, or you can get it working somehow. I'll check back. Good luck!

BTW, have you tried seeing if it works in an actual game? I read on the EU forum that, for some players, while the modified reticle doesn't show up in the "settings" - "reticle" folder, it does appear once you start a game. This is not the case for me; I can see J1mBO's reticle in the settings and it is also working in game.

ProBandit #15 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 19:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I got it working, after repeating same steps several times,... dont know what was the trick
Only thing i am missing are left/right marks (aim) in arty/td mode

Caveat_Hostis777 #16 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 19:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGrendel61, on Sep 18 2013 - 19:02, said:

Yeah, I'm struggling with this one too for some reason.  When I open the jimbo's file in winrar, there is no "res-mods" folder, only curse mod, gui, options, scripts and read me.  I've tried extracting the gui and scripts to several different areas of the game file, none seem to work.

I think in your case, you've downloaded the wrong mod folder that I referred to in an earlier post. The Curse mod is an installer for mods, and I couldn't get that version to work either. Try downloading the version I linked to above, and install it using the directions I posted. Also, extract it to your desktop like Nekony said, just to be safe, then manually delete the original res_mods, and copy the new one in its place.

Midnitewolf #17 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 19:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Ok well I guess I am screwed.  I have did two clean installs, re-downloaded Jimbo's like 3 times and have tried virtually every combination files in my res_mods folder.  I have even try adding each file in seperately one at a time and restarting the game each time just to see what happens.  Hell I even reinstalled Flash on my computer like that would make a difference hehe.

Midnitewolf #18 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 19:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostCaveat_Hostis777, on Sep 18 2013 - 19:05, said:

I think in your case, you've downloaded the wrong mod folder that I referred to in an earlier post. The Curse mod is an installer for mods, and I couldn't get that version to work either. Try downloading the version I linked to above, and install it using the directions I posted. Also, extract it to your desktop like Nekony said, just to be safe, then manually delete the original res_mods, and copy the new one in its place.

Nope.  Read the readme which directed me to the proper file.  Downloaded the non-curse mod version 3 times now.  Honestly it is like WoTs isn't recognizing the files are there.

MBT808 #19 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 19:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Jimbos doesnt work for me either, I dont think the mod was adapted like the descriptions claims.
I think jimbos may be out of commission for a little while.

Edited by MBT808, Sep 18 2013 - 19:15.

Caveat_Hostis777 #20 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 19:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMidnitewolf, on Sep 18 2013 - 19:09, said:

Nope.  Read the readme which directed me to the proper file.  Downloaded the non-curse mod version 3 times now.  Honestly it is like WoTs isn't recognizing the files are there.

Sorry for the misunderstanding; I was directing that to Grendel61 :smile: