WOT 8.8 Full Client NA Torrent? (Manual update doesnt work)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

BlitzKriegThV #1 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 18:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hello All,

Just downloaded the 8.7 to 8.8 NA manual update. Extracted it to my WOT folder, and yet WOT still wants to update. There is no patch file in the update, so when the launcher tries to find the update, its not there and then tries to update again. Why isn't the update a patch file? Download it, drop it on update, launch WOT, done.

Anyway, I want to now update the whole 8.8 client on my remote connection using uTorrent Remote so its ready when I get to the office in morning.

Does anyone know where I can get the Full Game Client 8.8 NA Torrent?

Thanks.

quicklysaw6 #2 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 20:27

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
i was having the same problem but after watching some youtube....so all you do is download the update, drag and drop into your upates folder. Then restart your computer. after the restart launch WoT and it will start patching.

Patton5150 #3 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 22:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postquicklysaw6, on Sep 18 2013 - 20:27, said:

i was having the same problem but after watching some youtube....so all you do is download the update, drag and drop into your upates folder. Then restart your computer. after the restart launch WoT and it will start patching.

The above is the truth.  You don't have to extract the update file.  Just copy it to the Updates folder in your WoT folder.  Then launch WoT.

razac #4 Posted Sep 18 2013 - 23:56

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
didn't work for me, no matter what I do it just says critical error.
failed to download updates via http
   the applications can not continue
   for details see log file
can anyone help with this problem

Harkonen_siegetank #5 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 00:07

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postrazac, on Sep 18 2013 - 23:56, said:

for details see log file
Remove your addons folder.
Also OT:

View PostHarkonen_siegetank, on Sep 19 2013 - 00:05, said:

UPDATE: Looks like the manual patch, someone forgot to rename its extension. For those manual patch users, just change .7z to .patch and you're set.

Big_Benn_Klingon #6 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 05:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
nm.. lol (I wish you could delete posts)

Edited by Big_Benn_Klingon, Sep 19 2013 - 05:06.

BlitzKriegThV #7 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 08:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBlitzKriegThV, on Sep 18 2013 - 18:54, said:

Hello All,

Just downloaded the 8.7 to 8.8 NA manual update. Extracted it to my WOT folder, and yet WOT still wants to update. There is no patch file in the update, so when the launcher tries to find the update, its not there and then tries to update again. Why isn't the update a patch file? Download it, drop it on update, launch WOT, done.

Anyway, I want to now update the whole 8.8 client on my remote connection using uTorrent Remote so its ready when I get to the office in morning.

Does anyone know where I can get the Full Game Client 8.8 NA Torrent?

Thanks.

View Postquicklysaw6, on Sep 18 2013 - 20:27, said:

View PostPatton5150, on Sep 18 2013 - 22:18, said:

The above is the truth.  You don't have to extract the update file.  Just copy it to the Updates folder in your WoT folder.  Then launch WoT.

View Postrazac, on Sep 18 2013 - 23:56, said:

for details see log file

View PostHarkonen_siegetank, on Sep 19 2013 - 00:07, said:

Remove your addons folder.
Also OT:

View PostBig_Benn_Klingon, on Sep 19 2013 - 05:05, said:

nm.. lol (I wish you could delete posts)

Hi Guys,
After some serious time spent trying to figure this out, I think I have the answer.

So, you download the 8.7 to 8.8 update, and then copy the update into your WOT update folder: Does not work
You then extract the update and copy and the contents into your WOT folder, overwrite everything: Does not work
You then get desperate and extract the update in your WOT update folder as well: Does not work
You then start using four letter words: Does not work
You then try re-naming the 8.7 to 8.8 update to .patch, as to change it to a patch file like the other patch files in your updates folder, but it clearly doesn't work as you can still see by the icon that its still a zipped file.
So at the moment you still have WOT version 8.7 and every time you launch it, it wants to start downloading the 1 gig update, even though you've just downloaded it manually.

Try this:
You currently have WOT version 8.7, and have downloaded the 8.8 manual update.

Go to Start - Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization - Show hidden files and folders, and then make sure there is NO check mark next to "hide extensions for known file types" Click apply and OK

Now rename the 8.7 to 8.8 update you downloaded from, wot_88.3118_87.2912_client.7z or wot_88.3118_87.2912_client.patch.7z to...
wot_88.3118_87.2912_client.patch

A window will pop up asking you if you are sure that you want to rename and change the file extension name as it might become unusable, click yes.

Now put the 8.7 to 8.8 update you have just renamed into your wot update folder. You will now see that the icon now looks the same as the other past updates in the folder, and indeed says .PATCH like the other updates as well.

You may have to overwrite the file as there may be an update there already with the same name.

Run the launcher, WOT will now see that the update it wants to download in now in correct folder and is indeed the correct file, it should now extract it and let you play.

I really hope this help guys.

BlitzKriegThV #8 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 11:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
http://forum.worldof...sible-solution/

MoonShiner4Life #9 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 22:37

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
have not been able to play the game since the 8.8 update...have played over a year with no problems,until this update,now it won't load..i download it..says there are files that are corupt..really starting to piss me off..lol

Texas222 #10 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 00:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Im having problem too, this is what I got from support. Hasn't work yet for me.

Dear Player,
Thank you for contacting World of Tanks support.
We recommend using this alternative method of installing the update to bypass the launcher.

Please follow these steps:
1. Download the file directly from the following link http://dl.wargaming...._na_install.zip
2. Please use a file compression program such as 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html or Winrar http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and extract the contents of this archive to a folder in your documents or desktop.
You should now have the following 4 files in this folder:
wot_81.152_launcher.patch
wot_88.3117_client.patch
wot_88.3118_88.3117_client.patch
wot_88.308163_content_en.patch
3. With the same file compression program, please extract the contents of file file named wot_88.3117_client.patch to the root directory of the game and replace files if asked. (Default is: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks).
4. Next, extract the contents of the file named wot_88.3118_88.3117_client.patch to the root directory of the game and replace files if asked.
5. Lastly, the file named wot_88.308163_content_en.patch contains English localization files and other GUI text changes that also must be extracted to your World of Tanks root directoryin order for menu items to appear correctly.
6. Launch/Run the World of Tanks client from WorldofTanks.exe located in your World of Tanks directory.
(NOTE: this will only work if you are able to successfully extract the full contents of these archives, if you receive a CRC error, your download may be corrupt and you will need to download again)
If the game is now running we are in good shape, lets see if we can repair your launcher.
1. Please use your file compression program to extract the contents to the file named wot_81.152_launcher.patch to a folder in your documents or desktop.
2. You should have the following files in this folder:
7z.dll.update
DeltaMAX.dll
WOTLauncher.exe.update
WOTLauncher.cfg.update
3. Please remove the .update extension from the two files named 7z.dll.update & WOTLauncher.exe.update so that they are named 7z.dll & WOTLauncher.exe
4. Copy and replace the three files named 7z.dll, DeltaMAX.dll, and WOTLauncher.exe into your World of Tanks directory and try running the launcher. (not WOTLauncher.cfg.update)
! Please note: to work correctly, the launcher and game requires a constant connection to the Internet.
Please let us know if you require any further assistance or if these steps do not resolve your issue.
Good luck and see you on the battlefield!

Best Regards,
Irvin Hale

Texas222 #11 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 16:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I got it going now, What I did was turn off my fire wall, did the update reboot my pc, Game works fine with fire wall on