Jump to content


The Chinese 112 Premium Heavy-

chinese 112 premium heavy

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

Dymitri #1 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 18:15

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22903 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    08-28-2012
SO.. I heard that the 112 was a great tank in the test server so of course being the eager beaver i am, grabbed one right when 8.8 was released. To my current dismay this tank is so far below acceptable performance that i want my money back. The gun has the accuracy of a sawed off shotgun trying to hit a penny and the aiming time of who the hell knows what. The frontal armor slope maybe bounces a few shots. Nearly every battle so far (if i live long enough) either my gun or my gas tanks get hit. Youtubers like "Quickybaby" were saying this is better than the is-6 but after getting destroyed by an is-6 in a 1v1 fight i'd like to say that's a load of horse manure. Unless i'm using this tank wrong, i'd give it maybe a 3/10 only cause it's cheap to repair.

MajorRawne #2 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 18:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 41560 battles
  • 756
  • [E-50M] E-50M
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011
You could have tried it for yourself on the test server. It may not be good for everyone but some people may love it.

Mettie7 #3 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 18:21

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20632 battles
  • 664
  • [WAIFU] WAIFU
  • Member since:
    08-06-2012
This is why you play them on the test server, or watch Jingles or whomever try them out on YouTube. It's gun is very similar to the IS-6 so it's accuracy is definitely not that of a sniping tank. It's got decent hull armor + slope, just angle a little bit more to bounce a couple, your turret should be strong enough to bounce almost anything.

crewmeist3r #4 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 18:21

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13352 battles
  • 828
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011
sorry to say but you will NEVER get a refund.

Dymitri #5 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 18:27

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22903 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    08-28-2012
Never really asked for one Crew. But thank you for stating the obvious.

crewmeist3r #6 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 19:12

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13352 battles
  • 828
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011

View PostDymitri, on Sep 19 2013 - 18:15, said:

To my current dismay this tank is so far below acceptable performance that i want my money back.

You didn't? Sorry for misreading the above section of your original post.

Dymitri #7 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 19:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22903 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    08-28-2012
It's an emphasis on a point. Carry on.

DirtyPicklez #8 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 21:03

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 45496 battles
  • 528
  • [DILL] DILL
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012
You have played 10 games in the 112. Hardly enough to make any decision whether good or bad.

On the flip side I also have 10 games in it and have the Ace badge and 8-2 record. Yes the bloom is something to work into your play style but the speed of the tank, trolltastic front armor, cheap side of repairs & good credit earning is making this thing a pleasure to play. I like it better than my 113 already so that crew is going to be spending some long times in this new machine.

Besides you gotta love a bunch of angry Chinamen yelling in the cockpit of the tank. Sounds like my local dry cleaners. :)

Xumos #9 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 22:08

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36343 battles
  • 242
  • Member since:
    11-19-2011
I have also watched the video review of this tank on Quickybabytv, and his review was kind of misleading. I have played 40 or so matches in it and found this tank to be a underwhelming experience so far. It isn't the experience I got in the IS-6 when it was introduced. If I didn't need a crew trainer for the Chinese heavy line I would have regretted my purchase.

This aim time on the gun is just far too horrible, I tend to have to spend far too long in a vulnerable positions waiting for the gun bloom to depress and that tends to get me shot up. Even with GLD and Vertical Stabilizer, I am usually waiting 3 or 4 seconds just to take a shot at short to medium range with a 100 percent crew. Whenever I move in to take a shot any advantage I get from use of terrain and hiding my weak spots is wasted since the gun is usually at maximum bloom and then my shots go wild.

Definitely has the worst gun of any of the premiums of any tier in the game.

Fuel tanks get hit from pretty much anywhere on this tank. Sidescraping is okay and works sometimes, but then we have the gun issue again.

LP is made of paper and this tank doesn't do well on flat surfaces like city maps.

I have never had such a hard time in a premium before, I have a pretty decent track record with most tanks, and the best I can do with this tank is have a 33% winrate in it @ 40 games. LOL.

I would exercise caution about buying this tank in it's current state, but then that's just my humble opinion.

Revanant #10 Posted Sep 19 2013 - 23:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12359 battles
  • 1,172
  • [REL-V] REL-V
  • Member since:
    10-10-2011

View PostShades998, on Sep 19 2013 - 22:08, said:

I have also watched the video review of this tank on Quickybabytv, and his review was kind of misleading. I have played 40 or so matches in it and found this tank to be a underwhelming experience so far. It isn't the experience I got in the IS-6 when it was introduced. If I didn't need a crew trainer for the Chinese heavy line I would have regretted my purchase.

This aim time on the gun is just far too horrible, I tend to have to spend far too long in a vulnerable positions waiting for the gun bloom to depress and that tends to get me shot up. Even with GLD and Vertical Stabilizer, I am usually waiting 3 or 4 seconds just to take a shot at short to medium range with a 100 percent crew. Whenever I move in to take a shot any advantage I get from use of terrain and hiding my weak spots is wasted since the gun is usually at maximum bloom and then my shots go wild.

Definitely has the worst gun of any of the premiums of any tier in the game.

Fuel tanks get hit from pretty much anywhere on this tank. Sidescraping is okay and works sometimes, but then we have the gun issue again.

LP is made of paper and this tank doesn't do well on flat surfaces like city maps.

I have never had such a hard time in a premium before, I have a pretty decent track record with most tanks, and the best I can do with this tank is have a 33% winrate in it @ 40 games. LOL.

I would exercise caution about buying this tank in it's current state, but then that's just my humble opinion.

It has literately the exact same gun as the IS-6, except with superior gold rounds...  

You guys need to chill out your just getting focus fired/gold rounded cause its the new tank and everyone wants a piece of it.

alex08060 #11 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 00:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 6350 battles
  • 9,980
  • [_UP_] _UP_
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012
Played in the test server and shooting gold all the time does not work with this tank like the IS 6.

polarticus #12 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 03:04

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5404 battles
  • 735
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View PostRevanant, on Sep 19 2013 - 23:27, said:

It has literately the exact same gun as the IS-6, except with superior gold rounds...  

You guys need to chill out your just getting focus fired/gold rounded cause its the new tank and everyone wants a piece of it.

people ARE definitely focus firing but I still think it's a pretty lack luster premium, if it wasn't hordes would come out to spam "pay-to win? I quit" threads.

HanoverFiste #13 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 07:47

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17578 battles
  • 45
  • [HHQ] HHQ
  • Member since:
    09-19-2011

View PostRevanant, on Sep 19 2013 - 23:27, said:

It has literately the exact same gun as the IS-6, except with superior gold rounds...  



Superior? Maybe on paper, but you can't directly compare APCR vs HEAT.  The gold HEAT rounds on the -3 and 112 bounce all the time compared to "lesser" rated APCR rounds.

wallut_warrior #14 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 08:58

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2092 battles
  • 171
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013
L2P..........like every other tank in the game it has good vs bad points about it.

GenNotKlaft #15 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 15:39

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 17783 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    08-11-2010
dono what they did to it between test and launch but from the test, armor was reliable when angled and now everything pens it even angled, also it seams to bounce, alot. Never thought a 1s could bounce alot with that 75mm front armor

IronSoldier #16 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 17:52

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10846 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010
My only real issue is the fuel tanks are well... impossible to miss. Nearly every single penetrating shot will destroy the fuel tank. The amount of engine fires I've had in this tank in my few short 10~ or so battles is crazy (I think I had 3 matches in a row already with a fire, my friend using the same tank had 2 fires in one match).

I realize this is a small sample size, but my god, I  can remember going 100 matches with other tanks that had a 12% fire chance and not catching on fire once!

Other than that I'm fairly happy with the armor/speed/gun, the longer reload sucks a bit, but it's workable.

3BAC #17 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 18:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 65831 battles
  • 8,559
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-31-2011

View PostDymitri, on Sep 19 2013 - 18:15, said:

/snip/
Unless i'm using this tank wrong, i'd give it maybe a 3/10 only cause it's cheap to repair.
I'd venture to say this is the issue right here.  You have more games in this tank than in any other Chinese tank.  The Chinese tanks have different quirks than the other countries, and can be very frustrating to play.  If you don't know how to play Chinese tanks, and you don't, then you don't know how to play that tank right.
I'll assume that if you paid for the tank, you paid for 100% crew training, so the crew is at least decent.  If my assumption is wrong, then without doubt you are  playing it wrong.

View PostDirtyPicklez, on Sep 19 2013 - 21:03, said:

/snip/
On the flip side I also have 10 games in it and have the Ace badge and 8-2 record. Yes the bloom is something to work into your play style but the speed of the tank, trolltastic front armor, cheap side of repairs & good credit earning is making this thing a pleasure to play. I like it better than my 113 already so that crew is going to be spending some long times in this new machine.
/snip/
Personal skill/ability aside, the difference between you two is the level of crew training.  With several hundred Chinese heavy tank battles behind you, your crew has a good collection of skills/perks.  The OP has none.

Given your complete avoidance of Chinese tanks to this point, I do have to ask.  Given premium tanks serve as credit earners and crew trainers, and premiums of the same tier earn pretty much the same, what convinced you the 112 was the right way to go for you?

xStalker1 #18 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 22:32

    Private

  • Players
  • 20629 battles
  • 3
  • [3A82B] 3A82B
  • Member since:
    03-29-2012
I to made the mistake of bying this 112 and the medium and there not worth JACK thay dont play the same as thay did on the test sever so somthing gone rong BIG time, there load time is crap, there shells would not get throw a wet paper bag hate to say it but we got fleaced with this round of tanks, will not be bying any more tank till thay fix it, O and as for the crew no thay start at the 50% mark

polarticus #19 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 03:36

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5404 battles
  • 735
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011
catching fire and getting ammo racked every other game.

HB_Landric #20 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 20:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 42229 battles
  • 2,309
  • [DCLUB] DCLUB
  • Member since:
    12-20-2011

View Postpolarticus, on Sep 21 2013 - 03:36, said:

catching fire and getting ammo racked every other game.

That is pretty much par for the course in all the higher tier Chinese tanks I have played.  Crew skills, equipment, and consumables help a lot with those issues.





Also tagged with chinese, 112, premium, heavy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users