update8.8 criticalerror patchissues clientdoesntwork

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Vash7h3Stampede #21 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 17:14

Private

• Players
  • 14806 battles
  • [TAC-D] TAC-D
I'm using mac and since the 8.8 update its given me the same error message as windows users.

misscleo #22 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 19:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19857 battles

View Postshoes, on Sep 20 2013 - 16:26, said:

Listen, your just telling us what WG has already told us in their canned Support responses. I have seen you post the same suggestions on a couple of other threads, if no one has said anything, they don't work. I am a software engineer, and I am telling you, this IS WG's problem, not ours, their files/update server are screwed but they don't want to hear it. I've tried different browsers, tried while disabling my firewall/antivirus. YOU READING THIS MODS???? YOUR GAME IS BROKEN. Might wanna light a fire under Support's butt.
OP, at this point, I'd say move on to other games, clearly WG doesn't want to hear, or care about our problems, not the mods, not Support, no one. You'd have a better chance of pissing up a rope than getting this game to run or a response from Support.
Listen champ, I debated and withdrew the response I was going post in the other thread where you said it wasn't a problem on your end because I didn't want to do this, but I can't ignore it any longer if you're going to try and mislead other players away from getting their problem fixed. It's not possible for the source files to be corrupt, or every single person would be experiencing this problem. It's not the CDN either, Highwinds is one of the top hosts right behind Akamai, Google, and Amazon. The downloads are done over TCP protocol, which virtually eliminates all errors. Every piece of network hardware between your computer and the local CDN nearest your location are checking every single packet's CRC. If a bad packet is found it's discarded and a message is sent to the source to resend it.

So if it's not the source or network, that only leaves one possibility. Your computer.

Finally, WG stopped full-time official support via the forums years ago when they opened the customer support center. So of course you're not going to see many staff posting here, but they do respond to tickets quite fast for the volume they receive. Generally get a response within 24-48 hours for technical issues, upto a week for account or payment problems.

zed_mcglunk #23 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 20:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17469 battles

View Postmisscleo, on Sep 20 2013 - 19:27, said:

Listen champ, I debated and withdrew the response I was going post in the other thread where you said it wasn't a problem on your end because I didn't want to do this, but I can't ignore it any longer if you're going to try and mislead other players away from getting their problem fixed. It's not possible for the source files to be corrupt, or every single person would be experiencing this problem. It's not the CDN either, Highwinds is one of the top hosts right behind Akamai, Google, and Amazon. The downloads are done over TCP protocol, which virtually eliminates all errors. Every piece of network hardware between your computer and the local CDN nearest your location are checking every single packet's CRC. If a bad packet is found it's discarded and a message is sent to the source to resend it.So if it's not the source or network, that only leaves one possibility. Your computer.Finally, WG stopped full-time official support via the forums years ago when they opened the customer support center. So of course you're not going to see many staff posting here, but they do respond to tickets quite fast for the volume they receive. Generally get a response within 24-48 hours for technical issues, upto a week for account or payment problems.
Ok then tell me how after I took the extreme measure of wiping my Hard Drive of everything on it, and reinstalling Windows. I am still getting the same Error Message? I tested WoT on all 4 of my home computers, same error msg, I even tried it at work on 2 different computers, same error msg. Are you gonna sit there and tell that all 6 of those computers are bad? Are you gonna tell me that after reformatting my HD and installing a brand new copy of Windows 7 and nothing else, no anti virus, firewall, or any other program, that my personal computer is still the problem? Its a brand new computer, built 6 months ago, and had no problems with 8.5, 8.6, or 8.7, no problems until this patch...I can't believe that after wiping and reinstalling Windows and WoT, and then receiving the same error message, that my computer would be at fault. And for the record, I am not trying to mislead anyone, I am relating ONLY MY EXPERENICES with this POS patch.

Edited by shoes, Sep 20 2013 - 20:34.

Warmasterhorus420 #24 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 21:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Then what are we suppose to do when we can't access the tech support page? Go down on our knees and pray for a miracle? I'm quitting this game before they get a single red cent of mine. The EU version gave me no problem with the downloads, but I can't access a single server. And the state side version won't let me do a single fricking thing.

Edited by Warmasterhorus420, Sep 20 2013 - 21:33.

misscleo #25 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 21:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19857 battles

View Postshoes, on Sep 20 2013 - 20:26, said:

Ok then tell me how after I took the extreme measure of wiping my Hard Drive of everything on it, and reinstalling Windows. I am still getting the same Error Message? I tested WoT on all 4 of my home computers, same error msg, I even tried it at work on 2 different computers, same error msg. Are you gonna sit there and tell that all 6 of those computers are bad? Are you gonna tell me that after reformatting my HD and installing a brand new copy of Windows 7 and nothing else, no anti virus, firewall, or any other program, that my personal computer is still the problem? Its a brand new computer, built 6 months ago, and had no problems with 8.5, 8.6, or 8.7, no problems until this patch...I can't believe that after wiping and reinstalling Windows and WoT, and then receiving the same error message, that my computer would be at fault. And for the record, I am not trying to mislead anyone, I am relating ONLY MY EXPERENICES with this POS patch.
Well I'd have to say you're either extremely unlucky or a pathological liar, though I'm not sure why. Perhaps you're too lazy to do some troubleshooting and would rather wait for an easy fix? Most of the people who post in this subforum who do not have problems, are only interested in helping you guys out, but we can't do that if you're not completely straight with us on exactly what you did, or did not do, to troubleshoot this issue. Anyway I don't like to argue about this stuff, so good luck with it Mr. Software Engineer.

View PostWarmasterhorus420, on Sep 20 2013 - 21:31, said:

Then what are we suppose to do when we can't access the tech support page?
What exactly is the problem? Are you seeing a white page with a few links on it or a image with two russian chicks? Try clearing your browsers cache or press ctrl+r while on the support website.

Warmasterhorus420 #26 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 21:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Are you kidding, I've done the same thing, and it's still doing it. And while I can access the god forsaken troubleshooting page now, it won't let me send up a ticket.

Warmasterhorus420 #27 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 21:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
There are some serious problems with the server or the internet we are using. Are you guys on Comcast/Xfinity? Every ping test I run on their servers, it loses the first packet.

Edited by Warmasterhorus420, Sep 20 2013 - 21:46.

misscleo #28 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 21:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19857 battles

View PostWarmasterhorus420, on Sep 20 2013 - 21:44, said:

Are you kidding
No.

I've done the same thing
What thing?

and it's still doing it.
Doing what?

it won't let me send up a ticket.
What won't let you? What happens after you login and click the +NEW TICKET button? What browser are you using?

zed_mcglunk #29 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 22:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17469 battles

View Postmisscleo, on Sep 20 2013 - 21:41, said:

Well I'd have to say you're either extremely unlucky or a pathological liar, though I'm not sure why. Perhaps you're too lazy to do some troubleshooting and would rather wait for an easy fix? Most of the people who post in this subforum who do not have problems, are only interested in helping you guys out, but we can't do that if you're not completely straight with us on exactly what you did, or did not do, to troubleshoot this issue. Anyway I don't like to argue about this stuff, so good luck with it Mr. Software Engineer.

1. uninstall WoT/downloaded new copy, no luck
2. cleared %appdata% folder of anything to do with wargaming.net
3. cleared %temp% folder of anything to do with wargaming.net
4. reinstalled after clearing above folders, no luck
5. Cleared registry of wargaming.net folders, and repeated steps 3, 4, and 5, no luck
6. tried brand new installs on wife and kids computers, same error msg, so no luck there.
7. Tried brand new installs on 2 computers at work. Same error msg, so again, no luck there.
8. tried all of the above with no active anti virus or firewall....you guessed it, no luck.
9. Wiped my Hard Drive, installed and clean copy of Windows7, then tried WoT. No luck. (Yes I was that desperate)
10. Tried manual installs of patch, but I can't do that because WinRaR WinZip, 7Zip and Free Arc can't decompress the patch files, why? Because those programs say the file is corrupted.

So if that isn't enough trouble shooting for you, then I don't know what to tell you. From what I am reading, your basically saying that I am crazy Oh, and since I never called you any names, I resent being called a lair, you want me to pay for your airfare to Florida and you can come see for yourself? Then let's get it done. Because before you start calling people lairs, you might want some facts to back up your statement. You want all my install logs? You want video of me trying to install this game? Fine, no problem, lets Skype, or whatever and you can see with your own two frigging eyes.

MistressS #30 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 23:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 37018 battles
  • [KON] KON
Has anyone been able to solve this problem yet.  I too am having the same problem and getting really frustrated.  This is absolutely ridiculous and for a gaming company this big they should be hanging their heads in shame.  Obviously their downloads are getting to big and they need to divide them up into small packets.  Come up WOT get in the program and get this fixed, I want to play.   :angry:  :sad:

misscleo #31 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 23:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19857 battles

View Postshoes, on Sep 20 2013 - 22:53, said:

[/size]

1. uninstall WoT/downloaded new copy, no luck
2. cleared %appdata% folder of anything to do with wargaming.net
3. cleared %temp% folder of anything to do with wargaming.net
4. reinstalled after clearing above folders, no luck
5. Cleared registry of wargaming.net folders, and repeated steps 3, 4, and 5, no luck
6. tried brand new installs on wife and kids computers, same error msg, so no luck there.
7. Tried brand new installs on 2 computers at work. Same error msg, so again, no luck there.
8. tried all of the above with no active anti virus or firewall....you guessed it, no luck.
9. Wiped my Hard Drive, installed and clean copy of Windows7, then tried WoT. No luck. (Yes I was that desperate)
10. Tried manual installs of patch, but I can't do that because WinRaR WinZip, 7Zip and Free Arc can't decompress the patch files, why? Because those programs say the file is corrupted.

So if that isn't enough trouble shooting for you, then I don't know what to tell you. From what I am reading, your basically saying that I am crazy Oh, and since I never called you any names, I resent being called a lair, you want me to pay for your airfare to Florida and you can come see for yourself? Then let's get it done. Because before you start calling people lairs, you might want some facts to back up your statement. You want all my install logs? You want video of me trying to install this game? Fine, no problem, lets Skype, or whatever and you can see with your own two frigging eyes.

Just curious, how far away is your workplace from your residence? Is the ISP for work the same as yours at home? What about the network hardware? Similar routers with similar configurations? The probability of this happening to six of your computers, two of which are at another location, because of a network problem, is so remote that I hope you can understand my skepticism. But that is the only possibility if we eliminate your computers, however small the chances are. If you search on google for "download large files corrupt" or similar strings, just about every solution has been something to do with either the hard-drive (faulty, needed defrag/chkdsk, etc.), RAM, or security software.

Instead of paying for a flight, what about a seedbox? You can rent them for $5-20/month, then you can download the client archive to that and download it via bittorrent to your house. Pretty sure that would solve everyone's problems if they could download via bt. Someone was uploading all the patches to TPB (with WG supports approval lol), but nothing so far for 8.8. I'd do it myself to help you guys out but I'm at work out west.

zed_mcglunk #32 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 23:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17469 battles

View PostMistressS, on Sep 20 2013 - 23:23, said:

Has anyone been able to solve this problem yet.  I too am having the same problem and getting really frustrated.  This is absolutely ridiculous and for a gaming company this big they should be hanging their heads in shame.  Obviously their downloads are getting to big and they need to divide them up into small packets.  Come up WOT get in the program and get this fixed, I want to play.   :angry:  :sad:

Not so far...still waiting on Support to get back to me.

zed_mcglunk #33 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 23:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17469 battles

View Postmisscleo, on Sep 20 2013 - 23:24, said:

Just curious, how far away is your workplace from your residence? Is the ISP for work the same as yours at home? What about the network hardware? Similar routers with similar configurations? The probability of this happening to six of your computers, two of which are at another location, because of a network problem, is so remote that I hope you can understand my skepticism. But that is the only possibility if we eliminate your computers, however small the chances are. If you search on google for "download large files corrupt" or similar strings, just about every solution has been something to do with either the hard-drive (faulty, needed defrag/chkdsk, etc.), RAM, or security software.
Instead of paying for a flight, what about a seedbox? You can rent them for $5-20/month, then you can download the client archive to that and download it via bittorrent to your house. Pretty sure that would solve everyone's problems if they could download via bt. Someone was uploading all the patches to TPB (with WG supports approval lol), but nothing so far for 8.8. I'd do it myself to help you guys out but I'm at work out west.
Yes I can understand your skepticism, and if it were anyone else other than me, I'd be skeptical too. But the fact remains, after trying every possible solution that I can think of, I am no where closer to solving the problem, let alone tracking down where the problem is. Computers at my home, and the ones at work are 2 different isp companines. All computers are hard wired directly into a modem at my home, ones at work are on a network but are hard wired, no wireless anywhere. My house at home is wired throughout for internet, so everything is run on 1 modem/router, so there shouldn't be a reason for any kind of miscommunication between modem and different routers since there is only 1.
Listen, I am sorry if I got heated with you, I know your just trying to help, but you have to understand my frustration with this problem, on top of that fact that I have gold and prem time just wasting away. All of this is just crazy, and if it were any other company, their doors would be closed in the extreme, or at least heads would roll because of a snafu like this. And the lack of any CSR from WG only makes me madder when all I get from them is canned spam auto respones to my ticket. Not to mention the fact that I haven't even gotten one of those in over 24 hours. Hope you can at least understand my frustration and where I am coming from on this issue.

Edited by shoes, Sep 20 2013 - 23:37.

TennesseeErnie #34 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 02:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 23769 battles
I feel you Shoe.... I have gone so far just to forget about WOT, call it a loss and learning experience, and gone back to the playstation. smile I hate it too, I have put some hard earned cash in this game since 8.6,,, Now it seems WOT wants complete and totally access inside my computer with this 8.8 update... NOT going to happen. WOT can kiss my $$$.
I thinking it is a Directx 9 issue, and no matter what I do, my windows 7 Directx11 will not install Directx 9..... and apparently so many games including WOT. still need to use Directx 9... hmmm. I know their tanks are very old, but does Wot know it is almost the year 2014? Long past time to get with the program WOT.

Edited by YESHUAS_ARMY, Sep 21 2013 - 02:48.

zed_mcglunk #35 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 17:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17469 battles
I got mine to finally install and run, I had a friend who I know his game was working properly. I had him take just the C:\WorldofTanks\Update folder (or wherever their tanks game is located on their HD) and put on a USB flash drive for me, he came over to my place, we copied the files to my update folder, and it worked. Game is up and running.

So for all of you with this issue, find a fellow tanker friend, one that you know their game is working correctly, have them send/email/fileshare/smoke signal you just the contents of their World of Tanks\Update folder (where patch files are stored) and install those patch files, you should be up and running in no time.

As to why the files are corrupted when we try to install the files from WG, I have no idea, and quite frankly, neither does WG. All I know is the above method worked for me.

nvrsaydie #36 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 19:27

Private

• Players
  • 13342 battles
  • [RABID] RABID
I had to manually cut and past these file into the Updates folder in my games folder example (C:)Games/World_of_Tanks/Updates
after down loading the entire client update zip file. pain in the but it worked. Something About the client was stopping at 35%
When you copy over do them one at a time and run the client from the file. Hope this makes sense.

wot_81.152_launcher
wot_88.3117_client
wot_88.3118_88.3117_client
wot_88.308163_contenet_en

TennesseeErnie #37 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 20:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 23769 battles
Hey SHOE,,, SEND me your USB flash drive! NAME YOUR PRICE!

ignafiltro #38 Posted Sep 22 2013 - 06:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 13489 battles
  • [HOOL] HOOL
Still downloading but this should work http://ftr.wot-news....patch-download/

TennesseeErnie #39 Posted Sep 22 2013 - 14:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 23769 battles
ignafiltro, tell us if that patch works,,, smile

ignafiltro #40 Posted Sep 22 2013 - 23:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 13489 battles
  • [HOOL] HOOL
Looks like my pc has trouble... again... for the 7th time on this patch, now im trying to unzip the file in on other PC. The old error is gone btw.

Also tagged with update8.8, criticalerror, patchissues, clientdoesntwork

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users