8.8 XVM fixes, player stats, and other options.

XVMhelp 8.8XVM PlayerStatsnotshowing newXVMfile

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

FatalSwoop #1 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 04:04

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Okay guys, not sure if anyone is having any problems or questions, but I'll post what I've learned about the new 5.0 XVM. If you're having problems, post here, and hopefully others and I can try and help the best way I can. I can make this a long post, but I'll stick to the important parts. If you have any questions at all, post here or PM me in-game and I'll be more than happy to help.
XVM 5.0 does not use Docan Library or XVM-Stat. So you can uninstall the library and delete the XVM-stat program. The game now launches normally from the WoT executable shortcut.
Once you install the new XVM 5.0, it's installed into your res_mods folder (separate XVM folder next to all your 8.x folders). The main XVM file will me directly in your res_mods/xvm folder. That's THE main loading XVM file. The extension has now changed, it's xvm.xc. Old XVM files were, I believe, xvm.xvmconfig,
If you liked your old XVM file, and you were used to it, the quickest way to fix XVM player stats in-game is:
1. Find your main XVM.xvmconfig file (usually in the gui/flash directory of your previous patch).
2. Save a backup of the file somewhere safe.
3. Rename xvm.xvmconfig into xvm.xc. This is crucial.
4. Now move / copy / paste the new xvm.xc file into your res_mods/xvm folder.
5. Restart the game.
That should very well run your XVM file the same way it used to in previous patches. I use a fairly clean and basic XVM file, and I use the server / game default markers / reticle / loadout. So other than Player Statistics, my XVM file has the StandardMarkers enabled. Depending on the version / type of your XVM file, the above step may or may
NOT work.
If it doesnt.
Use Notepad to open your xvm.xc file and check the fist 1-30 lines for a version. It should say who created the file. Then just Google and see if that person's new version is available for 8.8 patch.
As last and simple resort, there are a few new XVM.xc configurations available to download on the Web, so you may have to find a new one to use. Just please make SURE you put the xvm.xc file into your res_mods/xvm folder.
Finally, there's a xvm.xc editor available online. It has a lot of options and it's pretty self explanatory. Just "open" your xvm.xc file into the editor, and you will be able to change whatever you'd like. Make sure you save a backup copy, and again, make sure to put the xvm.xc file into your res_mods/xvm directory.
Editor: http://www.aiomod.co...e.php?page_id=2
If you're looking for some new XVM loadout files, I use this website. It IS in Russian, but Google Translate should do the trick for the most part. They have some pretty damn sick XVM files to download.
http://www.koreanran...configurations/
Hopefully this will help at least some of you.
Edit: second link fixed

Edited by FatalSwoop, Sep 20 2013 - 04:35.

Nooben #2 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 04:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Second URL in your message is broken. Looks like it should be http://www.koreanran...configurations/

CBARoughneck #3 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 06:01

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
only problem you run into doing it your way is the new tanks will throw an error when loading that tank in game for win chance, you have to update the vehicles list in the cfg and minimap circles so it shows the right view range or it will be blank.
the cfg folder option is the best way to go cause all you would have to do is copy over the vehicles and minimapcircles.xc files from the @default cfg folder into your folder simple and fixed and editing each section is easy to find no more searching through a mile long cfg

Edited by CBARoughneck, Sep 20 2013 - 06:01.

FatalSwoop #4 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 06:51

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCBARoughneck, on Sep 20 2013 - 06:01, said:

only problem you run into doing it your way is the new tanks will throw an error when loading that tank in game for win chance, you have to update the vehicles list in the cfg and minimap circles so it shows the right view range or it will be blank.
the cfg folder option is the best way to go cause all you would have to do is copy over the vehicles and minimapcircles.xc files from the @default cfg folder into your folder simple and fixed and editing each section is easy to find no more searching through a mile long cfg

Yeah, didn't think about the new Prem tanks, but didn't want to go into details of configuring the xvm file and copy / pasting which parameters.  Good call on that.

patreal2000 #5 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 08:12

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Has anyone had any troubles with xvm loading their own stats? When I run the game I see everyone's stats except mine and sometimes a couple other guys. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I have totally loaded a new copy of WOT and reloaded XVM 5.0. It still does not work.

FatalSwoop #6 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 08:27

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Not at the moment, no.  My stat's / WR%s show up with every battle.  Even with the new Prem tanks, Global W/L %'s show up just fine too.  If you want to, I can upload my XVM file somewhere and you can download it and use it, if it'll help.

Maggz #7 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 09:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
dunno bout ya all, but im currently HATING this new service record.

Gnug725 #8 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 10:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thanks for the post.

Scooby_snack #9 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 15:36

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postpatreal2000, on Sep 20 2013 - 08:12, said:

Has anyone had any troubles with xvm loading their own stats? When I run the game I see everyone's stats except mine and sometimes a couple other guys. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I have totally loaded a new copy of WOT and reloaded XVM 5.0. It still does not work.

I am having the same problems with my own stats not showing up.  Its strange because my own stats were listed just fine until the 8.8 patch came out.  Everyone else's stats are listed correctly, but mine are listed as % -- -- .  I have also tried a fresh install of the game and re-installing the XVM, both from mod packs like AIO and from the XVM updater, but I get the same result.  Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

H8M3 #10 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostScooby_snack, on Sep 20 2013 - 15:36, said:

I am having the same problems with my own stats not showing up.  Its strange because my own stats were listed just fine until the 8.8 patch came out.  Everyone else's stats are listed correctly, but mine are listed as % -- -- .  I have also tried a fresh install of the game and re-installing the XVM, both from mod packs like AIO and from the XVM updater, but I get the same result.  Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
your starts are so good xvm doenst want to embaras anyone so they make em blank :P.. (i dunno sounds good right?)

H8M3 #11 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 16:55

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMaggz, on Sep 20 2013 - 09:25, said:

dunno bout ya all, but im currently HATING this new service record.
i dont care for it myself.. change is hard for some folks, im one of them  :angry:

john577 #12 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 18:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
changing the xvmconfig and moving it  fixed my problem,all is working great, thanks so much, plus one from me

JumpinJoe #13 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 19:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I loaded Aslain's XVM for 8.8 and now I am getting "loading 35%" over all tanks. The color is right for friendly or enemy but there is no other data. No tank ID, no state of the tank. I can't even tell if a tank is dead unless I actually see the wreck.

Orolo #14 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 19:15

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostJumpinJoe, on Sep 20 2013 - 19:09, said:

I loaded Aslain's XVM for 8.8 and now I am getting "loading 35%" over all tanks. The color is right for friendly or enemy but there is no other data. No tank ID, no state of the tank. I can't even tell if a tank is dead unless I actually see the wreck.

That happened to me when I tried to open WoT from my old XVM stat shortcut. You no longer need XVM stat. Delete it from the main folder and start from the stock WoT Launcher

Staberinde #15 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 19:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I'm making changes to XVM using the config editor, but for some reason the changes I save in the xvm.xc file aren't occuring.
Is this because XVM 5.0 is still a test program?

BlasFemy #16 Posted Sep 20 2013 - 20:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yes, the XVM forum says there are known bugs, and that they will be corrected by test 3.

LOWRATE__RU36 #17 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 07:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I just renamed, and moved xvm.xc to res_mods/xvm folder and it worked!!! :) :bajan: +1 to you

Woland #18 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 09:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostLOWRATE__RU36, on Sep 21 2013 - 07:13, said:

I just renamed, and moved xvm.xc to res_mods/xvm folder and it worked!!! :) :bajan: +1 to you

Thanks for repeating.
I missed step 4 above and have been trying for hours to get this sucker to work.
saw what you wrote (which is #4 above) and it worked immediately. Naturally the first game I load into we have a 22% chance of winning. LOL
but it was close... 15-9

Galya2107 #19 Posted Sep 21 2013 - 13:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I run with high ping so need a server reticle mod, to get the client and server reticle at once. Since the patch I can either get xvm to work or the reticle mod, but not both (client will not load). Anyone having the same issue or has a solution? Cheers