• This topic is locked This topic is locked
298 replies to this topic

Spanisharmada #281 Posted Nov 09 2012 - 04:26

Major

• Players
  • 13441 battles
  • [MEX] MEX
Hello,

Can anyone give me some TS info to run our HBs on?

We wanted to use some TS from a topic a few months ago but we are not sure if we can actually use it

Fuchsy #282 Posted Nov 24 2012 - 04:01

Major

• Players
  • 5803 battles
  • [ANZIO] ANZIO
My battle is still waiting for some more applicants. Also someone to film for the Russian side.

father_ted #283 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 22:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10549 battles
  • [4CVR] 4CVR
please battle of normandy and make a normandy map!

JunioorxD #284 Posted Dec 16 2012 - 22:46

Private

• Players
  • 2347 battles
  • [MCEBR] MCEBR
Please create a kind of game for recruits
players vs computer "NPC" for the move from tier faster and get new tanks
please
By: JunioorxD

Herr_Apotheker #285 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 22:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4142 battles
The Battle of Chawinda was a part of the Sialkot Campaign in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965. It was one of the largest tank battles in history since the Battle of Kursk in World War II.

MKnip13 #286 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 19:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 19548 battles
I like the idea, and have a comment to make. Since WG can mod the game to take the 2 battle formats: Encounter and Assault out of the game, why cant they add a game mode for Historical battle. Picture this: Click the battle mode for Historical battle and it limits the tanks in the game to tanks developed before a certain time period. For example. The game mode could be set for tanks developed and used before 1945. This would be a real life scenario for tanks used specifically in WWII so I don't have to worry about a AMX50B blowing me away with 2 shots from an imaginary tank.
It would be realistic and that is the way this game started out and why it attracted so many people. Look at the description of the game on the WG Home page to get people to play. It says " Fight in Legendary vehicles from WWII". I myself would like a function to play with tanks from certain time periods to make some of the games more realistic. I would always play the regular format since I own so many of those tanks, but what originally brought me to this game was the attraction of fighting ONLY WWII tanks and vehicles in a period piece map with only things from that Era. They could call it Era Wars......I bet it would be a hit.
Another idea would be to add some non-assault pieces to the game such as German mechanic vehicles to restart tanks, or a plethora of other types of vehicle that are non combat vehicles that would act as assistants. Just a idea, but it would give more options for more types of people in the game and attract others who do not like to fight tanks all the time.

View PostZorinWarfield, on Feb 08 2011 - 16:41, said:

I take it he is suggesting this scenario for us to implement in a future installement.

@Ajatcho: Thanks for the summary.As soon as we have access to the US TD line we will start working on a mission like this or even try to recreate exactly this battle.  :Smile_honoring:

Rommisfd #287 Posted Jan 05 2013 - 22:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 2215 battles
new battle site ideas: Cambrai, Ardennes(winter and summer forms), Normandy, Kursk, Stalingrad, Prokarovka, Karkov, El Alimein, Golan Heights, Sinai peninsula, Arracourt, Metz, Pusan, Market garden area, Iraq and Kuwait, and Torbruk

Cahodst #288 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 12:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 12194 battles

View PostMKnip13, on Dec 28 2012 - 19:22, said:

I like the idea, and have a comment to make. Since WG can mod the game to take the 2 battle formats: Encounter and Assault out of the game, why cant they add a game mode for Historical battle. Picture this: Click the battle mode for Historical battle and it limits the tanks in the game to tanks developed before a certain time period. For example. The game mode could be set for tanks developed and used before 1945. This would be a real life scenario for tanks used specifically in WWII so I don't have to worry about a AMX50B blowing me away with 2 shots from an imaginary tank.
It would be realistic and that is the way this game started out and why it attracted so many people. Look at the description of the game on the WG Home page to get people to play. It says " Fight in Legendary vehicles from WWII". I myself would like a function to play with tanks from certain time periods to make some of the games more realistic. I would always play the regular format since I own so many of those tanks, but what originally brought me to this game was the attraction of fighting ONLY WWII tanks and vehicles in a period piece map with only things from that Era. They could call it Era Wars......I bet it would be a hit.
Another idea would be to add some non-assault pieces to the game such as German mechanic vehicles to restart tanks, or a plethora of other types of vehicle that are non combat vehicles that would act as assistants. Just a idea, but it would give more options for more types of people in the game and attract others who do not like to fight tanks all the time.

Cahodst #289 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 12:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 12194 battles
I fully agree with MKnip13 - I often find myself fighting with my Jdpanther against a tank made in the 50`s or 60`s with automatic loaders. They are faster and I do not have a chance. Historical battles will level the odds. You can also explore a more "historical" version where tanks are also separated by nations (ie Germans vs Russians, Russians vs Americans, etc).

Although I own a Level 8 Tank Destroyer, I do not play with it because of this reason (blown away for an imaginary tank or out of era tank). This is why I always stick with tier 6 or tier 7 tanks where the chance of fighting against vehicles of the same era is much higher.

This modification will improve the excellent game you have already developed.

DreamerXX #290 Posted Feb 22 2013 - 06:39

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7471 battles
ummm, interesting

Scinfaxi #291 Posted Feb 27 2013 - 23:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 3617 battles
  • [STAHP] STAHP
I agree and think we should re-create episodes of the Military Channel's "Greatest Tank Battles". I think we could do a great or even better job

_Alan_ #292 Posted Feb 28 2013 - 20:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29154 battles
The valley of tears
Israel vs sirya
100 centurions vs  1260 T62As
http://en.m.wikipedi...Tears#section_3

pvtsoap262 #293 Posted Mar 07 2013 - 03:05

Private

• Players
  • 1790 battles
I was thinking as a map for WOT, my idea was to use Villers-Bocage which was a battle that took place in Villers-Bocage, France in 1944, 7 days after the Normandy Landings. http://www.battleofn...ers-bocage.html

zapper_wolfman #294 Posted Mar 10 2013 - 12:41

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4377 battles
  • [NLBZ] NLBZ
the battle of the hochwald gap  could be interesting

noobertuber385 #295 Posted Mar 16 2013 - 23:03

Private

• Players
  • 2221 battles
Id love to join i do these battles in training rooms i have down desert warfare and an theoretical attack on a factory developing a Maus and E100 but failed and the americans come out on top

DoniL73 #296 Posted Apr 15 2013 - 17:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33685 battles

View PostGroundTrooper, on Feb 08 2011 - 16:02, said:

Shouldnt such a post be placed in the historic discussion section.

Unless ofc u intend to try arrange a battle like ZorinWarfield has done with great success.

really, WHY, there is no historical battles, NONE OF THE MAPS ARE HISTORICAL, AND i find/think its really funny the worst tanks on dragon ridge were chinese( because they have no gun depression), also the fact the chinese took great tanks from the russians, and made them Worse...LMMFAO  (please don't make tanks that can run on their own turf...lol wonder why china is winning in the economy department(IRL)) seems they really are slinty eyed idiiots in this game tho( t-34-1) has to aim at 0-70M to hit a damn thing(with the 100mm, switched back to 85mm, 100mm is just a joke to WG) man can't wait till WT comes with the ships.

sure i won't stop playing tanks, as in the 1st series of ASAP #1, tanks are cool. (or were, seems if you know what tanks to run with what guns, you do quite well.*cough* KV-2-152mm, m4, 105mm, etc, anything else is just a joke.) t43=t34-1, or about....but the chinese seems to say "8923" gun depression, russia is mostly flat, china is mostly hills, we need not shoot down...

is this a kind of "premonition?" russia thinks china will invade them

my money's on wt

Edit: as an after thought, population vs population, China would win, as in the past, USSR would just team kill any retreaters, China would savor their resources, even if it went all the way to 1 vs 0...hmmm. yeah. China would win, russian Nukes would kill a ton of Russian(live to fight another day, oops im dead)

USSR ftw(cept the is7= FAIL) and fyi, im farming a ton of red little numbers

Edited by DoniL73, Apr 15 2013 - 18:06.

Joisey #297 Posted Apr 17 2013 - 17:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 6364 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD
Suggested Order of Battle for Battle of Arracourt:

German 5th Panzer Army:

6 Panthers
4 Panzer IV
3 Stug III
2 Hummel

American 4th Armored Div:

6 M4 Shermans
4 M5A1 Stuarts (note this means the base turret, which will limit gun selection)
3 M-18 Hellcat
2 M-41

Details on what sort of upgrades that were available historically are lacking, except regarding the Stuart.  I'm open for suggestions on that, and would consider gun and upgrades for each side as a means to play balance the scenario.  Specific limits on gun selection for the Panthers and Pzr IV's might be considered as to not give the Germans an overwhelming advantage.  Americans can be made stronger by letting the Shermans have 105mm guns with gold rounds.

Map Selection:  Historical notes say this was hilly and foggy, so best candidates for map would be the Artic map and maybe the Mountain Pass map.

Edited by Joisey, Apr 17 2013 - 17:25.

Systemrename098 #298 Posted May 11 2013 - 15:05

Private

• Players
  • 305 battles
I have not played on a desert map before, so I do not know if El Alamein (if I pronounced and spelled that right), Tobruk, Hafid Ridge, Kasserine Pass, and Operation Battle-axe are present. If not, those would be very good ideas because in El Alamein, a lot of men and tanks were lost in that battle on both sides. Tobruk and Hafid Ridge would bring defensive doctrines to a whole new level. Kasserine Pass would be very different, because there is an idea I have been thinking of adding hazards such as mines and blizzards. What would you think about these ideas.

Strv74 #299 Posted Mar 31 2014 - 03:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6727 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

http://forum.worldof...63#entry6886463

I think that modern battles will be great. That's my suggestion for a more modern war (Yom Kipper)

I also can't wait for the Indo-Pakistani war. Ohh boy. The battle of Chiwanda was almost as big as Kursk.

M46 Pattons and Shermans VS Centurion 7/1s and Shermans

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users