Jump to content


Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

Anime Containment Thread

  • Please log in to reply
16835 replies to this topic

Marie_Korbel #16761 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 09:02

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 5577 battles
  • 21,938
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostHellscytheDelusion, on Mar 28 2017 - 16:31, said:

Oh, something else to check out :3. Too bad the manga hasn't been updated for sometime. That's usually how I find light/webnovel series.

 

The webnovel is really... really, long.

It's kind of weird how the chapters work though. Any standard numbered chapter (chapter 1, 2, 3, 4..., 300, etc.) is the main story following Kumo-chan, the others are side-stories following other people that are multiple years in the future from the Kumo-point-of-view chapters. They're all intermixed though, so be vigilant.

 

It's... pretty crazy, but it's fun to read stories from the point of view of the "monster" who basically can't bother to care with human life whatsoever.



Triela50 #16762 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 17:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9207 battles
  • 6,561
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

one of my favorite mangas is getting an anime



_Kiyo #16763 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 23:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 42101 battles
  • 4,705
  • [HIME] HIME
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View PostMarie_Korbel, on Mar 28 2017 - 02:02, said:

 

The webnovel is really... really, long.

It's kind of weird how the chapters work though. Any standard numbered chapter (chapter 1, 2, 3, 4..., 300, etc.) is the main story following Kumo-chan, the others are side-stories following other people that are multiple years in the future from the Kumo-point-of-view chapters. They're all intermixed though, so be vigilant.

 

It's... pretty crazy, but it's fun to read stories from the point of view of the "monster" who basically can't bother to care with human life whatsoever.

 

Gonna have a taste of the manga first. Turns out baka-updates hasn't been keeping up with the series, so 15 chaps of manga to go through~

 

This brought a tear to my eye :' )


Edited by HellscytheDelusion, Mar 28 2017 - 23:33.


Marie_Korbel #16764 Posted Mar 28 2017 - 23:50

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 5577 battles
  • 21,938
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostHellscytheDelusion, on Mar 29 2017 - 07:33, said:

 

Gonna have a taste of the manga first. Turns out baka-updates hasn't been keeping up with the series, so 15 chaps of manga to go through~

 

This brought a tear to my eye :' )

 

Kumo-chan... is pretty great.

Following her ascension is fantastic. Gets kinda weird later on though.



_Rajacenna #16765 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 05:23

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 229 battles
  • 759
  • [L0LI] L0LI
  • Member since:
    06-08-2015

Although for last few days pepecash has been consuming all my time I took a look on amiami and they have a bunch of urara merch.

 

I think I'll go at least for my favourite pair and get Kon and Chiya, I may go for Koume and Kon Nono though aswell since they're both also pretty good characters.

 

http://www.amiami.co...cnt=0$pagecnt=1

 

They also have a Chiya fig, but it's 1/8th and not really too good. Maybe they'll have a good Kimono Chiya figure later or Koume witch fig?


Edited by _Rajacenna, Mar 29 2017 - 22:00.


Marie_Korbel #16766 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 05:45

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 5577 battles
  • 21,938
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View Post_Rajacenna, on Mar 29 2017 - 13:23, said:

Although for last few days pepecash has been consuming all my time I took a look on amiami and they have a bunch of urara merch.

 

I think I'll go at least for my favourite pair and get Kon and Chiya, I may go for Koume and Kon though aswell since they're both also pretty good characters.

 

http://www.amiami.co...cnt=0$pagecnt=1

 

They also have a Chiya fig, but it's 1/8th and not really too good. Maybe they'll have a good Kimono Chiya figure later or Koume witch fig?

 

It's gotta be Chiya x Kon, but I'm a terrible yuri-shipper with goggles too tight, so I'm biased!

_Kiyo #16767 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 05:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 42101 battles
  • 4,705
  • [HIME] HIME
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View PostMarie_Korbel, on Mar 28 2017 - 16:50, said:

 

Kumo-chan... is pretty great.

Following her ascension is fantastic. Gets kinda weird later on though.

 

Judging by how reincarnation stories usually go, I am guessing that she evolves into a human form.

I guess the weird part is going to be related to those side-stories that are pointing towards some large scale war and the role Kumo is going to play.

 

It's kind of nice having a character who doesn't have an "absorption" skill though. Progression becomes a lot more interesting.



Marie_Korbel #16768 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 06:00

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 5577 battles
  • 21,938
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostHellscytheDelusion, on Mar 29 2017 - 13:48, said:

Judging by how reincarnation stories usually go, I am guessing that she evolves into a human form.

 

Spoiler

 

View PostHellscytheDelusion, on Mar 29 2017 - 13:48, said:

I guess the weird part is going to be related to those side-stories that are pointing towards some large scale war and the role Kumo is going to play.

 

Spoiler

 

View PostHellscytheDelusion, on Mar 29 2017 - 13:48, said:

It's kind of nice having a character who doesn't have an "absorption" skill though. Progression becomes a lot more interesting.

 

Uhhhhhhh.... she becomes pretty overpowered in her own way, but she's not the only one blessed with extraordinary benefits.



SpectreHD #16769 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 09:00

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16977 battles
  • 17,364
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostVooDooKobra, on Mar 26 2017 - 08:09, said:

got a new book today called re:monster has anyone else read this manga?  an interesting plot where the hero is murdered early then is reborn as a goblin.

 

Started reading this at your mention. At Chapter 20 now. Dang is the main character quite OP...

 

Also it seems he was reincarnated to a different world.



VooDooKobra #16770 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 09:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 10056 battles
  • 6,003
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostSpectreHD, on Mar 29 2017 - 01:00, said:

 

Started reading this at your mention. At Chapter 20 now. Dang is the main character quite OP...

 

Also it seems he was reincarnated to a different world.

 

that is very true lol

 



SpectreHD #16771 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 09:35

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16977 battles
  • 17,364
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostVooDooKobra, on Mar 29 2017 - 16:04, said:

that is very true lo.

 

I can appreciate that he does level up but he got so much good skills at the beginning he literally power leveled to where he is at chapter 20 in two months, lol.



_Kiyo #16772 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 22:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 42101 battles
  • 4,705
  • [HIME] HIME
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View PostMarie_Korbel, on Mar 28 2017 - 23:00, said:

 

 

Uhhhhhhh.... she becomes pretty overpowered in her own way, but she's not the only one blessed with extraordinary benefits.

Yeah, got to chap 90-something. I guess I meant that in a way at her core she's still a spider and not an amalgamation of abilities and pros from a bunch of different monsters.



Marie_Korbel #16773 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 23:27

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 5577 battles
  • 21,938
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostHellscytheDelusion, on Mar 30 2017 - 06:48, said:

Yeah, got to chap 90-something. I guess I meant that in a way at her core she's still a spider and not an amalgamation of abilities and pros from a bunch of different monsters.

 

It's explained later on how and why she got/gets those particular skills.

You also see explanation for some of these things in the side stories, but from the perspective of their respective characters.

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by Marie_Korbel, Mar 29 2017 - 23:29.


_Rajacenna #16774 Posted Mar 30 2017 - 03:53

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 229 battles
  • 759
  • [L0LI] L0LI
  • Member since:
    06-08-2015

Not all hope is lost, an anon on the buyFig thread said that they usually do reprints or have extra mugs for sale even after release.

 

 

It's not yet released, but I missed pre-order.


Edited by _Rajacenna, Mar 30 2017 - 03:54.


_Rajacenna #16775 Posted Mar 30 2017 - 05:15

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 229 battles
  • 759
  • [L0LI] L0LI
  • Member since:
    06-08-2015


VooDooKobra #16776 Posted Mar 31 2017 - 01:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 10056 battles
  • 6,003
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011
hitting season end for more than a few of the shows I have been watching,
 
Interviews with monster girls, season 1 done glad to hear there is already plans for season 2
Nanbaka, one I wasn't too sure about to start but started to really pick up and now looking forward to see where the plot goes next season
Konosuba season is done, they need next season out fast lol
Gabriel Dropout.  this one is very cute and I like the characters, 2 angels and 2 demons where the angels are worse than the demons 
EldLive was one I almost quit early because the main character is such a whiner in most of the episodes
 
oh and did I see that right?  final episode coming for Kobayashi's dragon maid?  I am hoping they just mean season and not series because this show is too good.
 
 
oh and for those of us wierdos who liked Keijo, season 2 is coming


_Kiyo #16777 Posted Mar 31 2017 - 07:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 42101 battles
  • 4,705
  • [HIME] HIME
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View PostMarie_Korbel, on Mar 29 2017 - 16:27, said:

 

It's explained later on how and why she got/gets those particular skills.

You also see explanation for some of these things in the side stories, but from the perspective of their respective characters.

 

Spoiler

 

 

So was the taratect at the fort her then? Only at 123, so still a lot more to read.

 

Spoiler

 



Marie_Korbel #16778 Posted Mar 31 2017 - 09:40

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 5577 battles
  • 21,938
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostHellscytheDelusion, on Mar 31 2017 - 15:30, said:

 

So was the taratect at the fort her then? Only at 123, so still a lot more to read.

 

Spoiler

 

 

Spoiler

 



_Kiyo #16779 Posted Mar 31 2017 - 22:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 42101 battles
  • 4,705
  • [HIME] HIME
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View PostMarie_Korbel, on Mar 31 2017 - 02:40, said:

 

Spoiler

 

 

No problem.

_Rajacenna #16780 Posted Apr 02 2017 - 00:06

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 229 battles
  • 759
  • [L0LI] L0LI
  • Member since:
    06-08-2015

I WANT TO TOUCH KOUME'S TUMMY.

 

 

Also, Kodomo no Jikan is pretty good, can't believe I never watched it before.


Edited by _Rajacenna, Apr 02 2017 - 00:06.





4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users