[0.9.0] bounce's mod pack

mod pack mods 9.0 0.9.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
183 replies to this topic

minifrizzle #1 Posted Oct 05 2013 - 02:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles

It's a mod pack.  What's a mod pack?  Someone takes the time to ensure numerous mods collected from all around the web work well and work well together and packages it all up for others to enjoy.

What's different about this one?  First, all of the mods are included in separate directories so you can enable/disable them individually by editing a simple XML text file.  Second, great care is taken to ensure the very latest versions of the constituent mods are always included.  Third and finally, this is a way for me to share the way I experience the game with others including not just the mods I use but also pre-packaged sound and skins packs as well as my current hangar.

mod pack

• .XVM: The biggest daddy of them all or: all your mods are belong to us.  Customized the way I like it:

• Hand-picked elements from the following XVM config authors: Aslain, demon2597, night_dragon_on, and goodman

• Full stats in the battle loading, players panel, and in-battle statistics screen including per-tank stats in the largest players panel ("ears") size which shows the following: Overall total battles, WN8, and WR, and tank-specific total battles and WR

• Clan icons in battle loading and in-battle statistics [note: must download separately for your region from the XVM website]

• Icons in the over target markers to display WN8 per player (star icon for allies, cross icon for enemies)

• Detailed overall and tank-specific stats in the alternate (TAB) over target markers

• Platoon info shown in over target markers

• Low health warning icons for allies ("SOS") and enemies (crosshair) in over target markers

• Ping time to server displayed in hangar colored by latency

• Tank names and last-spotted markers in minimap

• Mininap lines feature showing max view range of your particular tank with/without binocs, max view range allowed in game, 50m proximity spotting circle, 500m draw box, artillery gun range, and gun range for small caliber machine-guns

• Tank HP (hit-points, health) represented in players panel (blue line) and minimap (colored stars for allies, colored crosses for enemies)

• Auto-login enabled

• Much, much more!

• .Tank contour icons: Pogs' super detailed icons for the TAB screen (including view range, reload time, armor values, and pen/dmg values for each tank) and bounce's interpretation of Witblitz's icons for the battle loading and players panels.
  • .YasenKrasen's session stats, colored/graphical messages, and in-game skulls V2: Complete session stats in the lower right corner pop-up messages section including win/loss ratio, credit income/loss, etc.  Also has nice icons for the in-game messages.
  • .MultilinedTankCarousel by 4lCapwn and CS2001: Shows tank carousel as two lines in your hangar.  Also has additional tank filters (tier, premium, daily).
  • .MAS629's Visible Rail Cars: Re-skins all of the railroad cars for better visibility.
  • .Locastan's Radial menu: Allows you to completely customize your in-game chat menus and messages.  If you're looking for the mod that shows your location and time to reload in seconds this is it.
  • .MeltyMapsMathMod sight: My favorite gun sight, period.  Includes effective armor indicator, turret traverse indicator for TDs and SPGs, your shell's estimated pen at the spot you're highlighting on the enemy tank, accurate damage indicator with countdown timer, etc.  It includes a few other mods built-in powered by koshnarek's scripts, so I'm going to list them separately:
    • .NoScroll mod (disabled by default): disallows entering/exiting sniper mode via the mouse wheel.  Useful if you prefer to use a key instead (ie SHIFT).
    • .ZoomX mod for sniper mode: Full zoom in sniper mode from 2x - 30x in the following increments: (2 4 6 8 10 14 18 22 26 30).
    • .Full-time server side crosshair: For far more accurate aiming. (You still have your local crosshair as well).  I have left a number of crosshair style choices in the mod for those who enjoy tinkering.
    • .Zoom in/out mod for arcade/arty: While in arcade/arty modes zoom in to 1 or out to 400 game units.
    • .Scope Shadow Removal: Scope shadow dark areas are completely removed in sniper mode.
  • .Kiskami's Paintball mod: Shows penetrations in red and bounces in green so they are easy to see on the tank models.
  • .Xft's Damage Panel and integrated hitlog: Countown until module repaired, damage received log & pop-up messages including attacking tank, etc.
  • .Chat Scroll mod by STL1te: Allows you to scroll back and review the chat log with the keyboard and mouse
  • .Automatic Loader shell icons: in addition to the gun sight which displays the drum contents for auto-loaders, this mod makes it visible on your shell icons at the bottom of the screen.
  • .Locastan & St0rmshadow's botdetect: Downloads central list of known botters and marks them in-game.  Also adds additional reporting to vbaddict when you report a bot so the report can be correlated easier.
  • .Hangar clock mod by Maxim___77​: Hangar clock using up no additional screen real-estate with an original WoT styled font.
  • .SafeShot by Skino88: Disallows you from shooting while you have an enemy or dead tank highlighted.  Helps to not waste shells by shooting at a dead tank that multiple players were just shooting at. (F9 to enable/disable)
  • .Minimap and chat macros for platoons by Pleiadi: Limit macros and map pings to platoon mates only. (F10 to enable/disable)
  • .ATAC! by Makct: Proximity warning mod displaying varying warning levels when tanks are within 100m or 50m.  (Note: tanks must be spotted.  Does not replace sixth sense. Ctrl-F10 to enable/disable)
  • .SpotMessanger by Pleiadi: Notify platoon mates and/or team when you are spotted. (Note: set to only notify platoon mates in random battles by default.)  Fully configurable for other battle modes. (F11 to enable/disable)
  • .Team HP Pool Bar by locastan: Keeps track of current HP pools for both teams in real-time.  Also shows damage required for the High Caliber medal.
  • .Improved artillery sight on minimap by Dakasik: When you are playing artillery the rectangle on the minimap is modified for better aiming.
  • .clanMod by BONNe1704: Displays the following information in the Notifications area: # of clan members online and any upcoming Clan Wars battles.  Also allows you to export the list of clan members currently online to a file.

hangar pack

• .None currently

ASIA save login pack

• .Enables saving your username/password for the ASIA server client.

skins pack

• .Gray dead tank skins for all tanks at 100% quality (IMO the white death skins are too bright and ugly being monotone-white.  These are gray in color and shaded so that they still retain much of the texture quality.)
    • .Gray Inside Tank skins for dead tanks: retains visible details in holes of dead tanks
    • .Gray dead environmental tanks: This makes all "map dead tanks" or the dead tanks that are part of the background on the map gray as well.
  • .Purple track skins shown only when tanks are tracked: When tanks are tracked they really stand out
  • .Gray damaged rail cars: Once railroad cars are damaged they show up as gray so they are easier to spot

sound pack (please note special installation instructions below)

• .Locastan's UT Announcer sound pack: Adds first blood, per-kill, battle time countdown, nd many other sounds with on-screen notifications.
  • .Silent Battle Match Timer by locastan: Gets rid of the annoying "tick-tock" sound at the beginning of battles forever.
  • .Inception sixth sense sound by NewYears1978.
  • .Engine on fire and ammo rack damaged warning sounds for the Damage Panel mod.

Downloads

bounce's mod pack [0.9.0 build 131, ~50MB]

bounce's hangar pack [0.8.11 build 97, ~26MB]

bounce's ASIA save login pack [0.9.0 build 108, ~1KB]

bounce's skins pack [0.9.0 build 120, ~476MB]

bounce's sound pack [0.9.0 build 131, ~778KB]

Changelog

Spoiler

Installation instructions

Spoiler

Un-installation instructions

Spoiler

Edited by minifrizzle, May 20 2014 - 16:12.

minifrizzle #2 Posted Oct 06 2013 - 15:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles
Build 39
  • Added Received Damage Accouncer

minifrizzle #3 Posted Oct 09 2013 - 20:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles
Build 45
  • Updated xvm to 5.0.0-test4 (service record stats in garage now working)
  • XVM: updated players panel and over-target markers to have overall and per-vehicle stats more readable
  • XVM: resized enemy spotted status icons
  • Added XVM tank carousel mod to filter tanks listing in-garage
  • Worked with mod developers to resolve nearly all issues with mods needing to be in res_mods directory.  Everything now lives in its own directory.

lordchaos91 #4 Posted Oct 11 2013 - 11:54

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 3500 battles
how do i reduce the amount of info when in game for team and enemy side?
the panel is obstructing my view

minifrizzle #5 Posted Oct 11 2013 - 12:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles

View Postlordchaos91, on Oct 11 2013 - 11:54, said:

how do i reduce the amount of info when in game for team and enemy side?the panel is obstructing my view
Ctrl-Tab will cycle through the players panel sizes to show more/less information there.  See this note from the OP:

I have XVM configured to my liking with an expanded hitlog under the left players panel window and full stats (overall # of battles, WN7, and win rate and per-vehicle # of battles and win rate) shown in the players panel at all times among other things. You can use Ctrl-Tab to switch players panel sizes if you find the default size too large.

Edited by minifrizzle, Oct 11 2013 - 12:04.

Jervis #6 Posted Oct 12 2013 - 19:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 13058 battles
seriously need fix your install process, if you use a mod enabler this does not work without moving a lot of files or independantly loading each mod.

minifrizzle #7 Posted Oct 12 2013 - 20:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles

View PostJervis, on Oct 12 2013 - 19:14, said:

seriously need fix your install process, if you use a mod enabler this does not work without moving a lot of files or independantly loading each mod.
Hiya Jervis, can you please share more details about what challenges you're running into?
My suspicion is any conflicts might have to do with the paths.xml setup that I use. Think of it like another mod enabler but instead of installing software all you have to do is edit an XML text file. All of the mods are kept completely separate this way in their own directories so you can easily see which files belong to which mod. Dumping everything into res_mods/ seems to be the standard but that drove me nuts because it left things all lumped into one giant directory and you never knew which files belong to which mod and when you're about to overwrite an old mod by installing a new one.

Edited by minifrizzle, Oct 12 2013 - 20:28.

lordchaos91 #8 Posted Oct 14 2013 - 17:15

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 3500 battles
i've lost my original path.xml  D:
how do i uninstall the mod?  help plz  T.T

minifrizzle #9 Posted Oct 14 2013 - 17:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles
See attached.

You can also open up the paths.xml file in a text editor (such as Notepad++) and comment out the lines of the mods by adding <!-- and --> around them.

Example before:

<Path>./mods/0.8.8/YasenKrasen_0.8.8.4_V2/res_mods/0.8.8</Path>

Example after:

<!-- <Path>./mods/0.8.8/YasenKrasen_0.8.8.4_V2/res_mods/0.8.8</Path> -->

Attached Files

• Attached File   paths.xml   2.65K

minifrizzle #10 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 11:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles

View Postminifrizzle, on Oct 05 2013 - 02:48, said:

Updated for 0.8.9!  Go to the download links below.  I will list the full changes soon.

Updated for 8.9!  Added some new content, will detail it shortly.

Prime_Sentinel #11 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 15:30

Private

• Players
  • 19572 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS
I don't get session statistics after each battle for some reason. Any idea what might be wrong?
Great pack btw.

Thanks.

minifrizzle #12 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 16:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles

View PostPrime_Sentinel, on Oct 31 2013 - 15:30, said:

I don't get session statistics after each battle for some reason. Any idea what might be wrong?Great pack btw.Thanks.

Ayep, I just saw that too. Somehow that made it past my testing. :-/  I will fix it by tomorrow and provide an update here.

OldManBill #13 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 16:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12733 battles
Right Click to change crew no longer works
****works now*****

Edited by OldManBill, Oct 31 2013 - 18:19.

GreyFang #14 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 16:40

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12412 battles
  • [MWV] MWV
could you please tell me which fonts are used for the chat window, i only get solid squares

other then that mod looks great

sempah #15 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 17:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16770 battles
  • [POTT] POTT
how to get rid of the no scroll?

OldManBill #16 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 18:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12733 battles
One of the first questions I get asked is how to disable the no-scroll feature which disallows you from entering/exiting sniper mode with the mouse wheel (you must press shift). In order to disable this feature simply edit the mods\0.8.8\MeltyMapsMathMod088.02\res_mods\0.8.8\gui\NoScroll.xml file and change the first "True" to "False"

sempah #17 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 18:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16770 battles
  • [POTT] POTT

View PostOldManBill, on Oct 31 2013 - 18:18, said:

One of the first questions I get asked is how to disable the no-scroll feature which disallows you from entering/exiting sniper mode with the mouse wheel (you must press shift). In order to disable this feature simply edit the mods\0.8.8\MeltyMapsMathMod088.02\res_mods\0.8.8\gui\NoScroll.xml file and change the first "True" to "False"

tahnk you, I was looking in the wrong folder.  kept looking at res_mods only and couldnt find it.

btw the game crashes after every battle.  not sure why.

minifrizzle #18 Posted Nov 01 2013 - 04:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles

View Postminifrizzle, on Oct 05 2013 - 02:48, said:

Updated to build 65.

Fixed session statistics and chat icons.Tweaked the damage panel settings a bit to add more info.  Updated to XVM 5.0.1-test2 nightly build #2910.

Enjoy!

minifrizzle #19 Posted Nov 01 2013 - 05:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles

View PostGreyFang, on Oct 31 2013 - 16:40, said:

could you please tell me which fonts are used for the chat window, i only get solid squares
other then that mod looks great
Here's the link to the fonts, thanks for bringing that up!

View Postsempah, on Oct 31 2013 - 18:51, said:

tahnk you, I was looking in the wrong folder.  kept looking at res_mods only and couldnt find it.
btw the game crashes after every battle.  not sure why.
This happens for some folks but not others and is most likely a bug with XVM for 8.9 and the XVM team is working hard on fixing it.  I'm tracking the issue and will update the mod pack as soon as XVM is 100% fixed.
Cheers

Edited by minifrizzle, Nov 01 2013 - 05:03.

sempah #20 Posted Nov 01 2013 - 08:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16770 battles
  • [POTT] POTT

View PostOldManBill, on Oct 31 2013 - 18:18, said:

I did that and it still wont zoom in.  any ideas why?
also I would like to use the game markers since I llike to see the player's name next to their tank.  any help on where I can change it?

Edited by sempah, Nov 01 2013 - 08:55.