Controversy on American tanks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Ajatcho #1 Posted Feb 16 2011 - 11:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Well first off all I realize mostly complained on armor, gun and its design (the M3) but mostly on gun where they want a 90mm M3 and the 105mm on the Easy 8 and the T20 weather its usefulness in the battlefield is good or not and the T34 where its very lame on its tier 7-8 counter part and most battle I realize mostly German & Russian tank I rearly see a Pershing tank in battle only a huge number of T-54 many of them and I come to realize that most players often choose the Russian because of the T-54. Well for me it dosent matter if I stay in US tanks cause I appriciate US tanks well Im PRO US cause my first love tank will always be the M4 Sherman

well hope this controversy will help players to be more enthusiastic on the US tank MAY GOD BLESS ALL THE PLAYERS  :Smile_honoring:
P.S. SHOW IT SOME LOVE

JDA #2 Posted Feb 16 2011 - 12:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Umm... What?

Tolos #3 Posted Feb 16 2011 - 14:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostJDA, on Feb 16 2011 - 12:25, said:

Umm... What?

gotta agree with you here.....what !

but on a side note to the OP the T34 is Tier 9

lozarus #4 Posted Feb 16 2011 - 14:26

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 0 battles
Translated into almost English.

View PostAjatcho, on Feb 16 2011 - 11:57, said:

First of all, i realise most people complain about the armour of US tanks. For example... *random, uninterpretable nonsense*, but i realise most people use German or Russian tanks, i rarely see the Pershing, mostly the T54, i think most poeple come to realize that it is the best tank.

For me it doesn't matter, because i appreciate US tanks, well i'm pro US because my first love will always be the M4 Sherman.

Well i hope this contorversy will help players become more enthusiastic for the US tanks, MAY GOD BLESS ALL THE PLAYERS WITH THE ABILITY TO DECYPHER MY POSTS!.

P.S. SHOW IT SOME LOVE? wtf...

I dont know how u manage to spell so well yet fail at grammar.

HoneyBadger #5 Posted Feb 16 2011 - 14:35

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The only part I understood is the last part.

P.S. SHOW IT SOME LOVE

He was saying about the request for guns on some US tanks I guess. That's what I've understood. And he says that, he only see pershing tanks 'rarely'.

I honestly don't know what controversy he is talking about.  <_<

jcqc96 #6 Posted Feb 16 2011 - 14:57

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
i guess they say it's controversial cause the US tree has the least user-friendly tanks in the game (mostly) The designs in the tree seem to be weird like the T1 being so tall but not that well armored or gunned but has high speed or the T29 and the following tanks are all on the same chassis with the exception of the T32.
They even have a T8/9 TD that was a historical joke with an engine that was underpowered and a gun that is a slightly better peashooter if compared to it's counterparts. To make a long story short, the US had tanks that don't sync well with the current game mechanics.

To OP: You should look into MrVic's US tree suggestion on the suggestions forum. I doubt you wouldn't want to see it's contents.

P.S. It's strange to see well-spelled words with bad grammar...well, everyone has their own flaws  :Smile_honoring:

EDIT: I got it...he's telling us to love US tanks! He's promoting the tree (Hopefully you'll want the edges smoothened first). I guess he found a liking in American Tanks...like how I once had...back to my IS-3 (Seriously, it would've been the best tank of WW2 had it reached the front lines in time)

Ajatcho #7 Posted Feb 16 2011 - 15:03

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postjcqc96, on Feb 16 2011 - 14:57, said:

i guess they say it's controversial cause the US tree has the least user-friendly tanks in the game (mostly) The designs in the tree seem to be weird like the T1 being so tall but not that well armored or gunned but has high speed or the T29 and the following tanks are all on the same chassis with the exception of the T32.
They even have a T8/9 TD that was a historical joke with an engine that was underpowered and a gun that is a slightly better peashooter if compared to it's counterparts. To make a long story short, the US had tanks that don't sync well with the current game mechanics.

To OP: You should look into MrVic's US tree suggestion on the suggestions forum. I doubt you wouldn't want to see it's contents.

P.S. It's strange to see well-spelled words with bad grammar...well, everyone has their own flaws  :Smile_honoring:

EDIT: I got it...he's telling us to love US tanks! He's promoting the tree (Hopefully you'll want the edges smoothened first). I guess he found a liking in American Tanks...like how I once had...back to my IS-3 (Seriously, it would've been the best tank of WW2 had it reached the front lines in time)

WELL THAT YOU GOT IT RIGHT MOSTLY NO ONE IS USING AMERCAN TANK TREE ANYMORE :(

Kozak115 #8 Posted Feb 16 2011 - 19:27

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Well the developers have said that they are thinking of reworking the US tree in the future. So hopefully we'll see those changes....someday...hopefully... :Smile_harp:

ARGO #9 Posted Feb 16 2011 - 19:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I like all the trees, they all have thier winners and groaner tanks. I have a lot of American mediums and they hold up quite well against thier German and Soviet counterparts but some like the Sherman E8 could use a 105mm moral boost.

__gabriel__ #10 Posted Feb 17 2011 - 00:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Once you learn how to play without armor, the US meds are fun,

Asyranok #11 Posted Feb 17 2011 - 00:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

Well first off all I realize mostly complained on armor, gun and its design (the M3) but mostly on gun where they want a 90mm M3 and the 105mm on the Easy 8 and the T20 weather its usefulness in the battlefield is good or not and the T34 where its very lame on its tier 7-8 counter part and most battle I realize mostly German & Russian tank I rearly see a Pershing tank in battle only a huge number of T-54 many of them and I come to realize that most players often choose the Russian because of the T-54. Well for me it dosent matter if I stay in US tanks cause I appriciate US tanks well Im PRO US cause my first love tank will always be the M4 Sherman

well hope this controversy will help players to be more enthusiastic on the US tank MAY GOD BLESS ALL THE PLAYERS  :Smile_honoring:
P.S. SHOW IT SOME LOVE

This is gibberish. This makes no sense - is English your first language? Not insulting you, just curious.

Pahech #12 Posted Feb 18 2011 - 23:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Punctuations are your friend.

I also don't see how this is a controversy.  People that think US tanks suck are missing out.

NTRabbit #13 Posted Feb 20 2011 - 08:10

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostArgo66, on Feb 16 2011 - 19:36, said:

I like all the trees, they all have thier winners and groaner tanks. I have a lot of American mediums and they hold up quite well against thier German and Soviet counterparts but some like the Sherman E8 could use a 105mm moral boost.

The Easy Eight could use a T23 turret with 90mm M3 gun ala the Panzer IV Shmallturm or T-34-100, and the T23 really ought to have the 90mm T15E2M2 of the Pershing as the optional but expensive gun upgrade behind the turret instead of the 105mm howitzer.

M7, T20 and Pershing have been quite good, though I've just unlocked but yet to play the top 105mm for my Pershing. Actually had the odd novelty of playing as one Pershing of five on a single team yesterday, it's almost always the T-54 I see in a massive bloc.

JoeyJoeJoe #14 Posted Feb 20 2011 - 09:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I dont think the pershing is the problem it seems to handle its self pretty well. The problem is all the tanks that lead to it are pretty dam weak.

The American heavies are good though except for the T34 T1 and T6. And even those arn't too bad with their top guns.

I think they are pretty well balanced but then I only play russian heavies...

Quinn #15 Posted Feb 20 2011 - 10:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

my first love tank will always be the M4 Sherman

Love, exciting and new,
Come Aboard. We're expecting you!
The Love Tank
Soon will be making another run...

KillingMeSoftly #16 Posted Feb 22 2011 - 01:30

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I posted a comparison of the M4A3E8 Sherman's gun (76mm M1A2) vs its counterparts, including comparing the 90mm M3.  You can find the comparisons and my conclusion here.

Ajatcho #17 Posted Mar 30 2011 - 12:58

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
well Im starting the controversy right now starting with with American heavy tank the tier 9-10 tank the T34 its no good at all but if you get the last gun I think it would make it at the ok mark but the armor is so out of the question 102mm hull armor you got to be kidding me it wont protect you from anything at all only the turret and the T30. all guns have the "WOW" factor but its armor is in the "OMG Im dead" factor

Sputter #18 Posted Mar 30 2011 - 13:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
the t34s gun has no wow factor as its the weakest t9 hvy gun, i find it odd that all the other t9 hvys get thier t10 tanks gun except the t34 gets a special 120mm, but then again if the t34 had the 155mm it would be a t30 with less HP

Ajatcho #19 Posted Apr 14 2011 - 19:11

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
well another subject for this topic first off all most players will go for the best tanks like T-54, IS-7 Russian tank tree or German tank tree, well I never heard about any appreciation on the high tier tanks off the American tank tree always criticism like the M26 Pershing like weak armor, the worst tier 9 tank than the T-54 the T30 they say it has the best gun a 155mm the biggest gun on a tier 10 tank and the T30's fame of having the biggest gun would just past down to the E-100 a 152mm with no paper thin armor than the T30 see and I rearly see high tier American tanks on top than a swarm of T-54 tank on the waiting list well I think the Amrican tank tree is worst cause mostly thry went Russian and thats just sad :( I hope of any news on the Patton's tank and the Amrican TD well I look forward that dev would do their best to improve American tank tree :)