XVM Configuration Editor

Editor XVM

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Pointby #1 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 01:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11944 battles
So, like many people, I'd like to tweak my XVM to be how I like it.  I've read a ton of posts but still have questions.

First, how do you use the XVM Editor?

http://www.modxvm.co...uration-editor/

I assume you start by opening up a file.  Which one? No matter what file I try to open I get "error loading config"  Exactly what file from what directory?

I've done some mods by transferring files from one XVM into another.  Like dropping the battleloading.xc from Metallist95 into the XVM file I'm currently using.

I'd like to get stats to appear in the players panel that appears in game when you hit TAB.  Right now the panel come up, but there are no stats.  What file in XVM controls that panel?

Thanks!

calibre357 #2 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 03:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 12395 battles
Search and find an archive file.XC (xxxx.XC), edit him.
Cheers.

H8M3 #3 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 03:15

Major

• Players
  • 9081 battles
  • [H8] H8
get basic xvm ... make your config just by goin thru the makers tabsn setting everything.. click save youull get a xvm.xc file.. put it in res_mods/xvm folder.. poof customized

Pointby #4 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 03:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11944 battles

View Postcalibre357, on Oct 10 2013 - 03:11, said:

Search and find an archive file.XC (xxxx.XC), edit him.
Cheers.

I have a ton of .xc files, which one?  Which file folder would this file be in?

Pointby #5 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 03:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11944 battles

View PostH8M3, on Oct 10 2013 - 03:15, said:

get basic xvm ... make your config just by goin thru the makers tabsn setting everything.. click save youull get a xvm.xc file.. put it in res_mods/xvm folder.. poof customized

That sounds promising.  I've never seen where you could download "basic xvm" that comes with a built in editor.  Where can that be found?

Supertroopertanker #6 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 04:02

Major

• Players
  • 3995 battles
xvm.xc , by default it's saved as xvm.sample.xc, rename it and remove sample from the extension. make sure to save the modified file in the same folder it originally was.

Pointby #7 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 04:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11944 battles

View PostSupertroopertanker, on Oct 10 2013 - 04:02, said:

xvm.xc , by default it's saved as xvm.sample.xc, rename it and remove sample from the extension. make sure to save the modified file in the same folder it originally was.
So I redownloaded xvm.  Found that xvm.sample.xc file, removed sample from the extension. The file is now in res_mods/xvm.... Now what?  There's nothing special in that file.  That file just directs xvm to go to the ${"configs/@Default/@xvm.xc":"."} for the xvm information.

Supertroopertanker #8 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 04:33

Major

• Players
  • 3995 battles

View PostPointby, on Oct 10 2013 - 04:21, said:

So I redownloaded xvm.  Found that xvm.sample.xc file, removed sample from the extension. The file is now is res_mods/xvm.... Now what?  There's nothing special in that file.  That file just directs xvm to go to the ${"configs/@Default/@xvm.xc":"."} for the xvm information.
you open the xvm.xc with the editor and overwrite it when you save it. that will change the config

Pointby #9 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 06:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11944 battles

View PostSupertroopertanker, on Oct 10 2013 - 04:33, said:

you open the xvm.xc with the editor and overwrite it when you save it. that will change the config

Sounds good, but when I try and open it I get this message :CollectConfig()
Cannot find root config element ("configVersion" must present)

Whatever that means.

H8M3 #10 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 06:49

Major

• Players
  • 9081 battles
  • [H8] H8
sometimes i wonder why i bother to type when people don't follow my instructions.

basic xvm updates 5-10 times a day you can find it here

you only need this for the updated scrypts and such..
you wanted to build your own config so do exactly what i said. im not going to bother to type it again.

nothing COMES with a built in editor

. i assumed by the name of your post you already knew. where the editor is. google it i bet its the first one. :|
....my bad for assuming. :popcorn:

H8M3 #11 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 06:51

Major

• Players
  • 9081 battles
  • [H8] H8
oh yeah, and you dont have to OPEN anything.. just set the editor however you want and put it where i told you too, its not rocket science

Pointby #12 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 18:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11944 battles
I initially posted two questions, which no one seems to be able to answer.

One - how do you use the xvm configuration tool, found here: http://www.modxvm.co...uration-editor/ (H8M3 - sorry we are not communicating, but using the on-line XVM editor looks like it wants to open a file to begin editing)

Two - how do you edit the players panel info.
(H8M3 - "make your config just by goin thru the makers tabsn setting everything.. click save youull get a xvm.xc file.. put it in res_mods/xvm folder.. poof customized". What config file?  @xvm.xc? what do you mean by tabsn? and how would you set everything?)

I do appreciate the help, but I'm no closer to figuring out how to edit an xvm file now than when I asked the question.

H8M3 #13 Posted Oct 10 2013 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 9081 battles
  • [H8] H8

View PostPointby, on Oct 10 2013 - 18:08, said:

I initially posted two questions, which no one seems to be able to answer.
One - how do you use the xvm configuration tool, found here: http://www.modxvm.co...uration-editor/ (H8M3 - sorry we are not communicating, but using the on-line XVM editor looks like it wants to open a file to begin editing)
Two - how do you edit the players panel info.
(H8M3 - "make your config just by goin thru the makers tabsn setting everything.. click save youull get a xvm.xc file.. put it in res_mods/xvm folder.. poof customized". What config file?  @xvm.xc? what do you mean by tabsn? and how would you set everything?)
I do appreciate the help, but I'm no closer to figuring out how to edit an xvm file now than when I asked the question.
one.. ot does not require you to open anything, just because it has an open file button , does not mean you need to open a file to make a file.
you are trying to do two things at once.
two..the swf tool you are using already has the basic xvm config info on it, you just have to go from tab to tab.. look at everything it says , and change it as needed. if you want to change the macros (commands) of players panel, click the players panel tab. there are tiny arows at the end of the comand lines. thats a tab list of allowed macros you can use for that area.
once you have got everything how you want, click SAVE.. it'll ask were to save.. you can save it into the res_mods/xvm folder (assuming you already added basic xvm to res_mods)
that will over write whatever type of config you have there.
i don't understand how this is confusing. it seems quite plain to me. i personally learned how to edit manually months b4 i even knew this tool existed. (which took a bit of coding skill) once i saw this tool i was all OMG!!!! (but its outdated for what i use now) that being said.. this tools so easy.. just LOOK at it. like a person, @ a computer tool, not a dog @ a squirrel, and you should be able to figure it out.
ill make my explanations longer next time i encounter this question i guess.
As it seems i repeat myself 10 times b4 people understand. :facepalm:

Pointby #14 Posted Oct 11 2013 - 03:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11944 battles

View PostH8M3, on Oct 10 2013 - 19:46, said:

one.. ot does not require you to open anything, just because it has an open file button , does not mean you need to open a file to make a file.
you are trying to do two things at once.
two..the swf tool you are using already has the basic xvm config info on it, you just have to go from tab to tab.. look at everything it says , and change it as needed. if you want to change the macros (commands) of players panel, click the players panel tab. there are tiny arows at the end of the comand lines. thats a tab list of allowed macros you can use for that area.
once you have got everything how you want, click SAVE.. it'll ask were to save.. you can save it into the res_mods/xvm folder (assuming you already added basic xvm to res_mods)
that will over write whatever type of config you have there.
i don't understand how this is confusing. it seems quite plain to me. i personally learned how to edit manually months b4 i even knew this tool existed. (which took a bit of coding skill) once i saw this tool i was all OMG!!!! (but its outdated for what i use now) that being said.. this tools so easy.. just LOOK at it. like a person, @ a computer tool, not a dog @ a squirrel, and you should be able to figure it out.
ill make my explanations longer next time i encounter this question i guess.
As it seems i repeat myself 10 times b4 people understand. :facepalm:

How the editor works makes sense now. Here's why it's confusing. Since it has an "Open" button, and it says its for "editing" xvm files, that infers that you can open existing xvm files and edit them, right?  It's also got that "Merge configs" button, which doesn't seem to work either.  What I wanted to do was modify an existing xvm file.  What's also confusing is that xvm is dozens of files, not just the xvm.xc.

Maybe I'll figure it out after a few trial and error runs, but this editor looks pretty damn complicated.  I suppose there are things in there you should change and others you shouldn't.

It would be simpler to know how to modify the individual files. I've gone on the xvm forum to try and figure that out, but I haven't been able to wade through all the Russian there yet to really figure that out.

So, anyway, thanks for your help.

minifrizzle #15 Posted Oct 11 2013 - 06:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles
Pointby,
I haven't used the XVM editor for ages but based on the error you quoted (can't find root file or some such) I'm going to guess it's looking for this file:
C:\Games\World_of_TanksSEA\res_mods\xvm\configs\@Default\@xvm.xc
That should get you your current XVM config.
Now, in order to get the info you're looking for into players panel just edit this file (again, everything lives in the @Default directory): playersPanel.xc. All of the settings you're looking for are in there. If you like the look of mine you can simply download my mod pack and pluck the file out (however mine's in a separate directory called bounceplink).
Good luck.

leeuniverse #16 Posted Jan 08 2014 - 23:49

Captain

• Players
  • 10627 battles

Can someone please actually answer this question.....?

I figured out how to do it once, but now can't seem to duplicate the process.

1. What I'm trying to do is "edit" a currently existing XVM that is all in separate files.  This is what the original question was above but people weren't getting it for some reason.

2. I figured out how to do this once, you simply select all the separate files and then when you save it saves them all into one xvm file.

I thought I simply had to remove the @ symbol from the xvm.xc file, but it's not working for some reason now???

Really I'm just forgetting, because maybe I did something that I can't remember or figure out at the moment.

Can someone remind me how this is done?

leeuniverse #17 Posted Jan 08 2014 - 23:54

Captain

• Players
  • 10627 battles

Okay, now I remember the problem.....  I couldn't open this "particular" xvm for some reason....

But I used an older version of it, and now I can...  Crap....  Sorry, going to have to look into this more.  Nevermind.

snoopy_pooh #18 Posted Mar 24 2014 - 22:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 1767 battles

SymbiosisBC answers the op's basic question rather well in this thread:

http://forum.worldof...ig#entry6743344

Basics of getting started.

a. download/install the XVM mod pack

(test to see if its working is easy, garage/carousel changes are obvious)

b. current mod editor here as of this posting,  

** Secure measure  check sight w/ Mcafee Sight adviser (because its safe today doesnt mean it will be tomorrow)

http://www.modxvm.co...uration-editor/

c. use editor per SymbiosisBC's instruction

Good Luck!

Edited by snoopy_pooh, Mar 24 2014 - 22:48.

Also tagged with Editor, XVM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users