Wondering how much money have u spent on WOT ?

WOT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

MFKMA #81 Posted Nov 25 2013 - 00:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 10582 battles
Why is that any of your business, if you have not spent any money, get a job,  RELIC is a joke like all clan clowns,  Mind your own business whiners

Tank3rDude #82 Posted Nov 25 2013 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 9612 battles
  • [_TNK_] _TNK_
Well considering at one point I had all the premiums except for the Slowe, I do not even want to think about how much I have spent. I am sure its at least above 800. What can I say, tanks is all I do for fun. I have a bad history of addictions, and playing tanks keeps me at home and away from the bad influences. There is much worse ways to spend money. I just wish that WG had some sort of reward program or something you know?

Edited by Tank3rDude, Nov 25 2013 - 17:51.

JHor #83 Posted Nov 25 2013 - 18:34

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16161 battles
  • [BEEER] BEEER
Probably around 800USD, but we won't talk about that.

A lot of premium tanks, some not sold anymore.

BigNaturals #84 Posted Nov 26 2013 - 20:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55131 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postleeuniverse, on Nov 11 2013 - 15:15, said:

Wow,...  6 grand on one game....  Wild.

Hey, I'm poor and unemployed right now....  Would you be willing to give a charitable donation?  You can even verify my sad situation with my Bishop (which includes more sad story).
I could use the help.....  But, only if you wish.  I'm serious too.... not joking.  Check out my kids http://www.leeuniverse.com

i do contests for WOT on my forums enter and you may win s0me gold or a tank. http://roughnecksxvm.forumotion.com/

CyberKnife #85 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 23:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14375 battles
I just counted....13 Premium tanks (prolly 3 were freebies). A Jagtig 8.8, Lowe, IS-6 and T-34 were the most expensive....whats that close to 200 with just those 4?. I love to use gold and premium consumables. I don't use them wastefully. If I have no chance of changing position (flanking) and my normal ammo is showing orange on your front armor after 2 bounces....screw it bro. I'm switching to gold. Show me some side turret and I will happily switch back. If my APCR or HEAT wont give me penn I will switch to HE in a heartbeat (love to carry about 6 or 10).

As for large repair kits...I keep them in slot 3 for the passive repair value and use only in extreme emergency (like it may be the diff between winning or not emergency). Other wise I carry a small repair kit for normal use...final slot for Large Med kit (also for passive bonus). I will only "heal" a driver in a heavy or Matilda...or again if it's gonna be a game changer. Use...once in every 20 to 30 games?

The biggest use of gold they get me on is Crew stuff. I'm a moron when it comes to switching crews and skills. I once changed the pictures of my entire favorite crew to African American so I could be the "Soul Patrol" and listen to Jimmy Hendrix while playing. More frequently I pay to switch skills to perks as they come on line or switch a buffed crew to a newly purchased, but much awaited awesome tank I just bought.

I know a lot of people go off on me for using gold consumables and gold ammo when needed. I realized quickly when I started playing this game that I liked it and wanted to really get into it. I decided the best way to do it was to buy some Premium tanks to generate silver in order to keep myself in gold consumables and pay to have "stuff". I never payed one cent till they changed it so you could by gold ammo and consumables with silver. When they did that I bought 2 Premium tanks. The money from playing them one game per night means I never have to pay again to use the consumables and ammo I need. I do get stuck for the Crew stuff...that is all Visa card. Yea ...I know its not smart use of cash but I enjoy trying out new skill combos in different tanks/crews with different equipment modules. Im a 44 year old retired guy with a good pension. I was poor as hell in college and could never afford to pay for anything cool or new (luckily I was in College in the early 1990's and the selection of PC games was nil and the internet was still just a novelty.

The way I see it, guys like me make it possible for all the other people who posted above me claiming to have never spent a dime to even have a game. Wargaming is not gonna be in business if everyone just goes hardcore no cash. That said I will not sit here and pretend like there is no advantage to having money and using it in game to buy gear etc. Gold ammo and all the money in the world wont make you win. It will up your win rate a bit. My win rate immediately jumped about 3% when I had gold ammo on hand to use when needed and the passive buffs from Large Repair etc. Also you now have the bucks to give that commander 6th sense the second he hits 100%. Lots of little things add up to give you a boost....but you still have to drive the tank man. Gold ammo wont do crap if you don't know where to aim. Gold in my T 69 will get me through the cupola of an E 75...but has no difference over standard on any of the frontal armor (even low glaces straight on). So yea having gold helps me take on a E 75...but I have to penn his cupola head on and wait for that reticle to tighten up ...and I'm made of tin foil.

So to sum it up...if you're a purist and never use gold due to choice or fundage...good on ya. I respect the added difficulty and that's all good. All I'm saying is some people need to ease up on us gold using old farts. There is a difference between responsible, useful gold ammo usage and a noob wallet warrior gold spammer. I guess I qualify as a wallet warrior, but check my stats guys...I'm walking proof that gold isnt pay to win. I'm not bad but I'm not setting any records here. I get about one watchable video for you tube from every 50 games.

Sorry for the semi rant...some guy just went off on me last game for switching to gold and setting him on fire.....like I cheated for keeping gold rounds for that exact situation. :-)

http://www.noobmeter...ife/1003064223/

Swisscheesy #86 Posted Dec 14 2013 - 04:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5451 battles
  • [_C_E_] _C_E_
$76. $50 on an IS-6, $20 on a TOG 2, and $6 on some gold.

Reienne #87 Posted Dec 14 2013 - 20:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 13239 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Lol $50; KV-5 I bought a few months ago

PRESTIGE_WORLDWIDE_ #88 Posted Dec 15 2013 - 11:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47911 battles

How much?  lets see... well

If I told my wife, she would dismiss me of all finacial responsiblitys and relieve me of having a bank card or account.. goddamn online interac.. that much.

F_Society #89 Posted Dec 15 2013 - 11:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 42581 battles
Over $1K I think since the game released.  I started out buying the big pre-order package so I can have the M6A2E1 and from there it was mostly premium time and gold to convert xp and buy camo, demount equipment and retrain crews.  I only bought 2 premium tanks...JT 8.8 and T-127 (which I love and is the best money ever spent)

pwspuds #90 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 00:38

Captain

• Players
  • 68849 battles
  • [WARRP] WARRP
too much, over $200

Zacatecas #91 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 00:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10206 battles

I think this topic is in the wrong sub-forum.  Perhaps a mod could move it.

BUT I think it's pretty cool that whether players have "never spent a dime and are proud of it" or have spent a small fortune buying goodies, both types of people are getting a lot of enjoyment from the game.

It really shows that, whatever our occasional frustrations with WoT, WG and its players, that the freemium/FTP model really works and, at its best, offers very different types of players a great experience.

WAR_HOG_63 #92 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 18:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 6951 battles
  • [CORE1] CORE1
I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I started out not spending on premium Tanks or gold found it to be painfully slow improving but that's my choice, I don't keep track I figure I could be spending my money on other things. I like WOT and that all that matters 

Houndogforever #93 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 19:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 40006 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

I used to spend more on premium ammo, but I have switched that over to just using silver instead.  Gives me a better feedback loop of if I am making or losing money in battles.  I do like the premium, so I will probably splurge on that for a 6 month lump one of these days.  Now with that big 50% off sale on premium consumables, I just loaded up a 50 pack of Cola, 105 octane gas, large repair, large first aid, chocolate, ussr rations and maybe another one or two.  Beats paying full price in game when you need them, and this month I'm doing well financially so what the heck.

I have purchased two cheap premium tanks, T14 and T25, probably won't do that again, doesnt seem worth it to me.   

And Crew training, over the last month, I have learned what crew training can do to help, so I always buy a 100% crew for anything I get.  Or I will move a crew with skills or close to 100% skills into the next tier tank as I get there and load a fresh crew in the old tank if I plan on keeping it.  I currently have a US T1 heavy, M6 and T29 and only the T29 has reached full skills/perks and is working on 2nd now, but I enjoy the T1 and M6, plus they make good silver so I keep playing them.

All said, I have probably spent $350 on this game and I will more than likely spend $500 next year if I keep playing.  That may seem like a lot for some people, but like the guy above me said, it is what I do for entertainment, keeps me home to help my handicapped wife, and financially it isn't that big a deal.  I used to spend over $2500 a year on wine but have cut back my drinking the last 3 years, so what the heck.

There is nothing inherently wrong with spending money on something, so do what you can afford and have fun, that is the point of these games.

Good luck and happy tanking.

pwspuds #94 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 22:36

Captain

• Players
  • 68849 battles
  • [WARRP] WARRP

View PostZacatecas, on Dec 15 2013 - 23:48, said:

I think this topic is in the wrong sub-forum.  Perhaps a mod could move it.

BUT I think it's pretty cool that whether players have "never spent a dime and are proud of it" or have spent a small fortune buying goodies, both types of people are getting a lot of enjoyment from the game.

It really shows that, whatever our occasional frustrations with WoT, WG and its players, that the freemium/FTP model really works and, at its best, offers very different types of players a great experience.

I think it should be in the suggestions that we spend to much money on this game

NuclearGuardian #95 Posted Dec 17 2013 - 03:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39631 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

At The start of wot i bought a year membership and a lowe. what a waste a money. i think.

The lowe is pretty much useless now. it still is a good tank to kill scouts and tier 6.

everything else it bounces.

I know one thing. The more you spend on this game.. the better you do.

you need to pay off the MM. to win.  

Ever wonder why most games are 1 sided..

according to xvm most games are not even.

how hard is it for mm to do what xvm does.. (if you can figure that out)

But wot is like every game.. the more ya pay. the better ya do.

anyways i paid 150 i think.

FireShorts #96 Posted Dec 17 2013 - 03:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 11322 battles
$40. Two $20 transactions for a month of premium each and a bit of gold cause it made the grind a little more tolerable. Don't think I'd ever pay money for any of the premium tanks though.

Also tagged with WOT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users