Constant Server Errors, non-connections, this Forum even slow - Resolved SORRY...

Cantconnect keepgettingdisconnected forum takes lit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

leeuniverse #1 Posted Oct 25 2013 - 07:31

Major

• Players
  • 29109 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
I keep not being able to login, and the updater has connection problems, I get disconnected from the server when I do the couple times I was able, the last time a message said something about "spam" when I got disconnected, even though I saw no spam during the game and I'm certainly not spamming.
But not only that, this Forum takes literally about 4 min's to open a webpage, as well as Wargaming.net, etc.
I mean, you put "Ad's" in our Launcher, why can't you put "messages" telling us if there are server problems and to come back later????
This normally wouldn't be a big deal, but I've spent the last two months trying to fix a wireless dropping issue, and I think I finally fixed it today by making a second router an access point and connecting to it wirelessly instead of my main router, so I'm just wanting to make sure it's not me. But, I don't think it is because all other websites work fine. But, there seemed to be issues earlier, like it was a "net" issue in certain areas???
So, what's happening? Anyone else having this problem???
----
UPDATE:
I need to apologize......  To WOT.
Turns out, it IS a mod or mods that is causing the problem.  Specifically with "mod packs".
What is strange about this, is full fresh re-install, mod removal, and EVEN restarting the computer won't fix the problem.
It turns out, that somehow mod packs are bottlenecking the router port or something, but only does so with Wargaming IP's (all other websites etc. work fine), and ONLY a complete shut down of the computer so the router can drop the connection fixes the issue temporarily anyway.
Possibly a router shutdown also might do the same, but not sure.
Anyway, so it's something with modpacks, because I've tried several and my particular configuration.  I'm currently trying to create my own pack individually.
Also, I don't think it's the XVM, because I've tested some of those, and no problems.  It's only with packs it looks like.
So, I'm sorry to all involved.....  Never could have imagined, everything pointed on their end, but, this also was one possibility.
Problem solved.....

ArrogantWorms #2 Posted Oct 25 2013 - 07:33

Major

• Players
  • 35342 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
Yes, I have been having issues just today. Keep getting kicked out of a game, screen will freeze up, game wont load for a couple minutes, etc.

Up until now, things have been good. Just this afternoon it started

Shadowcat20 #3 Posted Oct 25 2013 - 07:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34117 battles
Had the service crash a few times in the last 2 hours. Not sure if it is the servers or AT and T.

kebab6597 #4 Posted Oct 25 2013 - 07:53

Major

• Players
  • 52678 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Had a problem about 7 hours ago on the east server the lag was bloody awfull which is unusual for me however i,am testing some new router firmware for my ISP so i put it down to that and a few reboots later its fine again

NewBoz #5 Posted Oct 25 2013 - 08:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 53193 battles
Also had this problem at about 1:00 p.m. PST, 10/24/13.  Mid game, play froze up.  Kicked from server.  Now I get an error message saying that I cannot connect to the update server.  I can just hit the play button and bypass warning, but I also have a hard time connecting to the wargaming web site.  If I hit refresh, its a go.
Whats the deal?

leeuniverse #6 Posted Oct 25 2013 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 29109 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
Things look like they are working fine now.....  Thank goodness

Old_Man_From_Scene_24 #7 Posted Oct 25 2013 - 19:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 5106 battles
I haven't been able to get to the play button, says it cant reach server. Occasionally it does get to that, but then wont connect with game server...

Messorem01 #8 Posted Oct 25 2013 - 19:34

Private

• Players
  • 56200 battles
  • [JHF] JHF
This issue started last night for me. Unable to connect to the updater, unable to connect to NA West, both continued today. Also having issues just getting to WWW.Worldoftanks.com or www.na.wargaming.net, and issues in trying to sign in (that tooke over and hour of trying.

I am using pingplotter and see issues with the Level3 servers and with the NA.Wargaming.net servers.

So, are they having issues, YES !!!!

I agree with another post, TELL US THAT YOU HAVE ISSUES AND LET US GO FROM THERE,.

Old_Man_From_Scene_24 #9 Posted Oct 25 2013 - 20:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 5106 battles

View PostMessorem01, on Oct 25 2013 - 19:34, said:

This issue started last night for me. Unable to connect to the updater, unable to connect to NA West, both continued today. Also having issues just getting to WWW.Worldoftanks.com or www.na.wargaming.net, and issues in trying to sign in (that tooke over and hour of trying.
I am using pingplotter and see issues with the Level3 servers and with the NA.Wargaming.net servers.
So, are they having issues, YES !!!!
I agree with another post, TELL US THAT YOU HAVE ISSUES AND LET US GO FROM THERE,.
Well at least I am glad it isn't just me, hope it doesn't last through the weekend. I was actually able to get through and am playing. It seems if you just keep trying eventually you get through, at least I did. Last night is when it started happening for me also, on all 3 of my comps that have it installed.

Edited by brad1138, Oct 25 2013 - 20:35.

Pkrhead #10 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 02:32

Private

• Players
  • 11419 battles
  • [W0RLD] W0RLD
The log in problem seems to be affecting NA West server only. I was able to successfully switch to NA East, although the launcher still fails to update.

More importantly, why hasn't Wargaming said anything? A notification would have been nice since I haven't been able to update for the past two days and now I have to deal with crappy ping.

xCaige #11 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 02:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29711 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-
i have no issue joining east or west server, the issue i am having is with the launcher itself only the patching error then going to retry etc....

The_Fist_of_Goodness #12 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 04:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 16001 battles
This is still a problem. Anyone going to address this? This is a problem which starts with the L3 hub in NY. I freeze randomly for about 30 secs and the lag is unbelievable. I had to stop playing due to the lag.

I would be nice if someone from WG would acknowledge this so we at least know that you are looking into it.

Old_Man_From_Scene_24 #13 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 05:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 5106 battles
I am still seeing problem, although 3 or 4 attempts, usually gets me through. I have had no problem once getting into the game though. I agree, a statement from WG would be nice....

VictorinoxForschner #14 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 05:05

Captain

• Players
  • 27420 battles
I have the same issues, & so I blame interns, sunspots & neocons.

But mostly neocons coz they suck.

Odins_Eye #15 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 05:22

Captain

• Players
  • 2956 battles
Been a while since I played and the new patch (I assume it's a new patch) wouldn't torrent over about 200mb about 15 hours ago. Working fine now.

Kestanen #16 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 06:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 28725 battles
  • [AMPED] AMPED
Has anyone been able to figure out what to do,  Iv tried everything Brad has stated and Im still having all kinds of issues... and the tech support is worthless.  Iv uninstalled the game and now I cant anything to work, get the same errors over and over...  The game worked fine 2 days ago and now nothing....  Anyone have a fix????

Kest

Centermass #17 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 16:07

Private

• Players
  • 12450 battles
Same problem here. Sent a ticket but I have not seen a response yet...

Phryme #18 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 17:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 10426 battles
I'm also seeing problems with the initial screen/updates but if I exit and reopen a few times (this morning it was more like 10) I can get in to the server login screen.

And there I have so far not been able to log into the NA West server though the NA East seems to be fine for me and I can get in every time I try.

I do know there have been some huge denial of service attacks on the USA in the last few days and this may be a symptom. Maybe totally unrelated too. But with folks above spotting issues with the level three hub in New York, it just might be a net storm.

Who knows? Maybe it's retaliation for all the recent revelations on what a certain agency has been up to and we are just collateral damage?

leeuniverse #19 Posted Oct 26 2013 - 22:55

Major

• Players
  • 29109 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
The problems are still occurring periodically.....  and this is the THIRD DAY now....  It's to where I don't even want to bother with playing, because it's occurring most of the time.
Even with the forum, though it's slightly faster today, but still super slow opening pages.

Please, WOT, hope you are fixing this serious issue.....!

Old_Man_From_Scene_24 #20 Posted Oct 27 2013 - 17:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 5106 battles

View PostKestanen, on Oct 26 2013 - 06:38, said:

Has anyone been able to figure out what to do,  Iv tried everything Brad has stated and Im still having all kinds of issues... and the tech support is worthless.  Iv uninstalled the game and now I cant anything to work, get the same errors over and over...  The game worked fine 2 days ago and now nothing....  Anyone have a fix????

Kest

There is no "fix" from our side, it is all on WGs side. No amount of uninstalling/reinstalling the game or messing with you modem/router is going to do any good. Sunday morning and I am still seeing the problem, but as before I am able to get through with persistence. As others said, if you get the play button, and then to the server log in screen, NA East works fine(although adds about 100 milliseconds to my ping).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users