Constant Server Errors, non-connections, this Forum even slow - Resolved SORRY...

Cantconnect keepgettingdisconnected forum takes lit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

_LegionofBoom_ #21 Posted Oct 27 2013 - 17:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 4803 battles
I have a "work around" :) You can launch WOT directly and bypass the launcher, then just pick NA East. Go into C:/Games/World_of_Tanks/ and look for "WorldOfTanks.exe". Just double click that and you are good to go. Normally you are running "WOTLauncher.exe". Make sure that you go back to "WOTLauncher.exe" when they get it fixed, you wont get software updates when bypassing it.
Hope that works for everyone!

Edited by brad1138, Oct 27 2013 - 17:44.

xCaige #22 Posted Oct 27 2013 - 19:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14387 battles
ya it works as a work around.. the issue is tho how can you patch if this isnt fixed by the release of 8.9? would have to dl the full client otherwise..

leeuniverse #23 Posted Oct 28 2013 - 03:43

Major

• Players
  • 14920 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
That may work as a "work-around" for the Launcher issues, but the game also is having issues. NA WEST & NA EAST both say ERROR.....!!!!
Issue is STILL OCCURRING, FOURTH DAY!!!! Sometimes you can go on..... Most of the time in a 24hr period you can't.

Edited by leeuniverse, Oct 28 2013 - 03:51.

leeuniverse #24 Posted Oct 29 2013 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 14920 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
SIXTH DAY NOW.....  PLEASE FIX THE SERVER PROBLEMS!!!!

p.s. To be fair they were actually up "most" of the day yesterday, but not all.
All other day's constant server errors!!!

Rafather #25 Posted Oct 30 2013 - 00:01

Private

• Players
  • 28791 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
I haven't been able to connect to the NA West server for several days now. Left my modem and router unplugged overnight to force a new ip and all that fun stuff, flushed my dns, neither fixed it.

narcberry #26 Posted Oct 30 2013 - 01:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 10993 battles
I have...
  • Cleared my %temp% folder
  • Used CCleaner to fix my registry
  • Used CCleaner to clean our my browsers' temp files, caches, cookies and sessions
  • Run various antivirus software (combofix, malwarebytes)
  • Cleared my OS DNS cache
  • Reset my router to default settings
  • Switched my router to new DNS
  • Uninstalled the client
  • Redownloaded the client
  • And tried several of the steps above multiple times in different orders.
I've wasted several hours in what is clearly a WGA issue. WGA, respect your customers and acknowledge problems so they don't run around fucking with things they shouldn't have to fuck with. I've tried all this from varying suggestions from many different support threads. I would've LOVED to have known WGA was dealing with a general issue since yesterday. So much time wasted...
Here's how I know it's a WGA issue. From  World_of_Tanks\WOTLauncher.txt

send http request. url: "http://update.worldoftanks.com/?target=launcher&client_ver=unknown&launcher_ver=88.189&protocol_ver=3&lang=en"
ERROR: http request failed. what: http request error, msg: Inner libCurl error(7): "Couldn't connect to server".
As you can see I'm patching my client from scratch... again.
If you make the same request in your browser you get a simple response, "Bad request". This isn't a network issue at all, it's a service issue.
WGA is dealing with an integ problem with the new release most likely and would rather dick over their customer than acknowlege their problem. Thanks for wasting my time, looks like it's time to play TF2.

Phryme #27 Posted Oct 30 2013 - 02:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 4574 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Oct 25 2013 - 07:31, said:

But, there seemed to be issues earlier, like it was a "net" issue in certain areas???
So, what's happening? Anyone else having this problem???

The USA has been under some pretty hard DDoS attacks for the last few days but it seemed to taper off quite a bit. Check out digitalattackmap.com and click on USA on the map for a USA-centric view.But if that was all there was to it, I would think we'd have seen better response by now. But that map is only showing data from where the sensors are too. It could be that servers in the path to the WoT servers are in the sights of whoever is doing this stuff.Also, it isn't unusual these days for companies to be held ransom and attacks conducted until money is paid.Or, it could be some idiot at a hosting site set the MTU to 10 or something silly like that.All the attack stuff is strictly conjecture and I have no evidence, but it is stuff that could cause the slowdown/connectivity issues.

leeuniverse #28 Posted Oct 30 2013 - 05:11

Major

• Players
  • 14920 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
Maybe, but since the initial day the ONLY problems on the net I've had (and I spend hours doing various things) is with the WOT Servers, including this forum.
The game will be up for a bit, then it will be down for a long time, and then up and down.

I've paid maybe some $500 to Wargaming in the last 2 months, spending about 10 hours a day average playing, and this is unacceptable.  Never had these problems until the last 6 days.  I've only been able to play about 1/4 if even that of the time I would normally spend.

Osium #29 Posted Oct 30 2013 - 05:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 6896 battles
I'm having the same issues. I made another post about it.

I am located in the North West, it wouldn't shock me if the issue is localized in the North West since most of us seem to be posting that our primary server choice is the West server and friends I know in Cali are not having this problem. Unlike other posters however, I have issues with both West and East.

Can't patch, and I can almost never actually login to the game. When I can login, it's usually either right before I need to go to bed, or before I head out in the morning. Both are times when I cannot actually play.

leeuniverse #30 Posted Oct 30 2013 - 08:18

Major

• Players
  • 14920 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
I'm also more or less in the North/West, Northern Utah.......  Cannot connect to either server, and the WOT websites open really slow, or get page cannot be displayed.
For example, just to make this post it took a couple of hours over and over to login again.
I have the same issue you have, just random....  Also, called my ISP and they said it's an issue with whatever "Backbone" WOT is using for our area, it's likely "bottlenecking".
Thus, it IS a WOT issue they need to fix.
BTW, just a comment to those in the other thread who "questioned" you....  I'm a IT expert, 41 years old, and know for a fact it's not "my" internet.

Edited by leeuniverse, Oct 30 2013 - 08:23.

EarWaxian #31 Posted Oct 30 2013 - 19:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 9894 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
I was on NA West server for hours yesterday..  no issue at all. Ping still in the low 40-50s up here in WA. I have not seen any connection issue on WoWP, WoT ..  or WoT Test Server this whole week (morning and evening Pacific time)

Sezmu #32 Posted Oct 30 2013 - 19:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6752 battles
  • [NARWL] NARWL
Haven't had a single issue with either server or connecting from launcher

leeuniverse #33 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 04:19

Major

• Players
  • 14920 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
Tech support is trying to blame my computer, my internet, mods, etc.
Problem is, I've troubleshooted all aspects.

Mods, Internet, or Computer isn't the problem if all other websites, and online games work fine and ONLY WOT websites open slow when the Game and Launcher also can't connect.  I done full fresh installs, no mods, etc. etc.
I have no special firewall, on and on.  My ISP states this is a known issue on the WOT side with whatever internet backbone they are using, it's likely bottlenecking at the ports for my specific connections and some others.

Not only that, but while today so far since 3pm I've connected fine to the servers and sites, but at some point after that, one of my tanks GOLD purchased CAMO "disapeared", and they again, trying to blame mods etc., even though a fresh install the issue is the same.  Further, Gold purchased camo is associated with my account.....  It's an error on their side.

I think I've spent $600-700 the last 2 months.....  I expect proper support and all I'm getting is "talked down" to and ignored, being told the problems on my end, when I've already done all necessary troubleshooting!!!!

Nothing on my side can cause their websites ONLY to open slow or time out and the game to totally not connect, but then DOES WORK 5-10% of the rest of the time over the last 6 days.
Hello.....  common sense!!!  Basic Internet understanding!!!!

leeuniverse #34 Posted Oct 31 2013 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 14920 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
We are now into the EIGHTH DAY with this problem....

1. Servers nor the launcher display "error" won't connect.

2. WOT websites only pages open really slow, like 2 minutes to open this page to post right now.

Game only works 5-10% of a day, does not work about 90-95% of the day, every single day, different times also, because I sleep different times, and I try to play the entire time I'm awake, though some days it can work a little more.
I downloaded and played 8.9 for two hours so far today, but now having the connection problem again.  All other computers, all other websites work just fine.

NO sort of connection problem in "my end" would cause WOT to only be allowed to work "sometimes" through a day, different times etc.  This is a WOT issue, and they need to fix it.  This is getting unacceptable.
Again, my ISP states that this sort of problem is usually due to a bottlenecking issue with whatever ports through whatever backbone or their servers being used for my area, or something.

So, is WOT going to do anything, or are they going to just ignore the issue and keep blaming my internet or mods, since it's not occurring to everyone???  Even though clearly with the facts, it has nothing to do with my internet or mods.

army82abn #35 Posted Nov 01 2013 - 02:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 14690 battles
I'm having the same issues with my desktop computer, but I've been able to connect and update to 8.9 on my laptop. Desktop worked fine last night.

TankV8 #36 Posted Nov 01 2013 - 03:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 4919 battles
  • [867TH] 867TH
I'm having issues so bad that when ever I start the client I don't even get the play button, I get a retry button and I have clicked over and over again, I'm just glad that I havn't spend as much money as other customers and might not after this, EIGHT DAYS and not even a messege or notice about it.. Bet they won't get the Golden Joystick again...

leeuniverse #37 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 05:36

Major

• Players
  • 14920 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
I need to apologize......  To WOT.

Turns out, it IS a mod or mods that is causing the problem.  Specifically with "mod packs".
What is strange about this, is full fresh re-install, mod removal, and EVEN restarting the computer won't fix the problem.

It turns out, that somehow mod packs are bottlenecking the router port or something, but only does so with Wargaming IP's (all other websites etc. work fine), and ONLY a complete shut down of the computer so the router can drop the connection fixes the issue temporarily anyway.
Possibly a router shutdown also might do the same, but not sure.

Anyway, so it's something with modpacks, because I've tried several and my particular configuration.  I'm currently trying to create my own pack individually.
Also, I don't think it's the XVM, because I've tested some of those, and no problems.  It's only with packs it looks like.

So, I'm sorry to all involved.....  Never could have imagined, everything pointed on their end, but, this also was one possibility.

Problem solved.....