[0.9.14.1]... [LAMP] Lee's ALL MOD Pack.... XVM & Installer w/ IMAGE & SOUND Preview....

best mod pack mod pack

• Please log in to reply
1954 replies to this topic

SteelReign #21 Posted Dec 01 2013 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12845 battles
Nice pack! Love every single option. Haven't had to change a thing, dare I say a perfect modpack?  :glasses: (except I use Gnomefathers engines/gun sounds)

Edited by SteelReign, Dec 01 2013 - 01:30.

leeuniverse #22 Posted Dec 01 2013 - 02:27

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostSteelReign, on Dec 01 2013 - 01:22, said:

Nice pack! Love every single option. Haven't had to change a thing, dare I say a perfect modpack?  :glasses: (except I use Gnomefathers engines/gun sounds)
That is EXACTLY what I'm aiming for.....  Every aspect to be the best working and looking....  Thanks much.
It always bugged me that every mod pack had things not right or missing.  For example, some of the good ones, they use crazy text on the text or icons you can't read, and so many other things.
I don't get it.....
Oh, and you don't need to use GnomeFathers pack either....  use this one which includes Gnomefathers, but much nicer.  :)
http://www.aiomod.co...3&download_id=5
It's like I mentioned in my OP, use my pack and this sound pack, and perfect!  :)

leeuniverse #23 Posted Dec 01 2013 - 02:36

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
2.1 BugFix.....  No need to re-download if you have 2.0 already, just go into the Sight49 folder in Alt_Sights of my download and copy the "strategic" files and replace those files in the game directory.
I accidentally didn't replace the right files......

BIGBRUMMIE #24 Posted Dec 01 2013 - 23:58

Private

• Players
  • 20069 battles
I haven't tried your mod yet so its a bit premature to say thanks :) But I am gonna try it. Just a quick question for clarification (I'm a noob when it comes to mods); in your install instructions you say to clean out he res_mods folder. Does this include the 0.8.9 folder:?
Edit: No problem figured it out but your instructions arn't that clear for noobies. Oh and thanks its kinda fun, though in all honesty I'm kinda siding with those that think of it as cheat. As arty I now see who has 6th sense and it changes my game play because of it. But if you cant beat them join them I suppose.

Edited by BIGBRUMMIE, Dec 02 2013 - 01:37.

leeuniverse #25 Posted Dec 02 2013 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
Well, if I said to clear out the res_mods, then that's what it means.  My folder structure already has the 0.8.9 in it, so, not sure what is so confusing about that?  But, I'm glad you got it.  Sometimes our brains do things, I know mine does.
I will certainly try to improve the instructions if needed.
As arty you now see who has sixth sense?  I'm not sure I'm getting you?
Are you talking about the light bulbs?  That simply helps you know if that person has been seen or not, nothing to do with sixth sense.  Or were you saying something else?
Of course, it might be just me, I don't even know some of the things I have configured, what they do, haa haa...  :)
It's further funny because I'm an arty master, and I haven't noticed anything like that.  Of course, I've been mostly focused on testing stuff, not as much on play.

Jimmy_2_Ts #26 Posted Dec 02 2013 - 07:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 22564 battles
  • [25TH] 25TH
Lee,

Please excuse my noobishness, this is the first time I have ever installed a mod.  I can't zoom in much in sniper mode now.  I did your above suggestion and changed the text in the mod file to 4.0, seems to have gotten worse.  Any thoughts?  Is there something I should be doing other than scrolling the mouse wheel to enter sniper mode?

Thank you!

leeuniverse #27 Posted Dec 02 2013 - 10:54

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
1. I have the "noscroll" file there, that means to enter and out of zoom you hit your Shift key.  Experienced players find this faster, and then you can still mouse scroll from there.

2. Did you use Notepad, and did Save not Save As when you saved the file?

3. You did go into NoScroll.xml to change the 2.0 to what you want, which is apparently 4.0 right?  NoScroll by the way means just that, you don't scroll to go in and out of zoom.
If you don't like noscroll, simply set the value to False in the file, or delete the file.

Jimmy_2_Ts #28 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 03:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 22564 battles
  • [25TH] 25TH
Thank you Lee, that's what I needed to know.  All good!!!

Much appreciated!

leeuniverse #29 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 09:52

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
You're welcome....

Codfather2007 #30 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 14:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 18978 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
nice pack :medal: - I have really liked the Taipan sight for a while but none of the other packs have it.  I really like the packaging and how you provide options (like the sights) and more importantly instructions on how to switch things out.

Any chance of getting POGs Contours included? :popcorn:   I know this pack as the infobox pop-up about the target but when i ran POGs I really enjoyed the quick reference on armor values for all tanks.

Thanks again - keep up the great work.

leeuniverse #31 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 21:54

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
Ya, I have briefly looked at POG's and I'm going to look into it and test it more to see if I can use it.....
At first look it seemed too "busy", not very well readable, but I still have to actually install it to try it out and see.
But, I do have an interest in putting most of the info pogs has onto my icons, one of my possible "too do's", so yes, I will be looking into it further.
The one thing I don't want to do is make the icon unreadable.... either the wrong text used, it being too busy, not good contrast, etc.  That has been one of the things that has irritated me about current icons.
And such may cause me to not use or make something like pogs....
Also, if my icons aren't your preferred style, you can always replace them with another icon pack like pogs, it's just a simple copy his res_mods to yours and let it over-write.
Anyway, we will see....
Oh BTW....  Which version of his do you think is the best?
I think I would like the version with the reload time, but he doesn't include a version with the turrent side & rear armor values?
Reload time and armor values are way more important than knowing the average AP damage value I believe....  I don't get why he's done that.
Also, I don't know if I do use his if I would use the bar "above" the tank, might be too busy?  What do you think?
And, what about Ashbane's icon's?

leeuniverse #32 Posted Dec 06 2013 - 10:38

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
Okay, so I've tried out both Pog's and Ashbane's, and it was just as I fear'ed, the text values are simply not readable....  They are too small.

So, I will likely do some testing myself to see if I can create a version eventually with the text large enough, but at the moment, I won't be using Pog's or otherwise.
Also, I saw that if you use pog's to over-write my icons, ONLY use the files that are in the "/gui/map" directory/file path, don't use the others in his pack, because you will loose the stats and colors of my pack, and I'm not sure what else might be happening.  Although, you might loose some features of his, so, your choice really to test and see what works and what doesn't and what you are willing to go with.

Frankly though, how in the world do you read that text?

bane_of_yoott #33 Posted Dec 06 2013 - 10:52

Captain

• Players
  • 28811 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
can you make the large minimap accessible through control? that way when you go to click the map, it enlarges. thats what a lot of mods do, and i find that very useful.

leeuniverse #34 Posted Dec 06 2013 - 12:08

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
To access the large MiniMap in my mod simply hit the "Caps Lock" key, it's easier.....
But, if you see my install instructions in the first post, you can go into the xvm file and change it to CTRL or otherwise.

Namod83 #35 Posted Dec 06 2013 - 19:09

Private

• Players
  • 8186 battles
With your latest "cool" build slapped into a clean install of tanks, I get an occasional loading screen freeze.  It makes it to the map screen, but only shows like half the tanks on each side, loading bar maxes and I can hear spots and the timers...but I have no control.  After match ends I go back to the garage like nothing was wrong.  It has happened on my KV3, T25/2, T29, T71, and BP on Port, Northwest, Arctic, and Steppes.  So, I don't think it's a tank/map issue as I've ran these tanks on these maps at other times.  I've submitted a ticket and support said "Oh, you got mods, Help you I shall not." or some other words to that effect.  Any advice?

leeuniverse #36 Posted Dec 07 2013 - 09:53

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
Loading screen freeze usually means something was changed, added, removed, not added or otherwise "wrong", and so there is an error occuring.
For example, if I over-wrote a file with another mod that shouldn't have been over-written, then that would cause often specifically that error.  Did you change the scope sights?
So, are you saying your res_mods folder was "empty" other than the readme and 0.8.9 folder, before you copied it over?
hmmmm....  and you did copy over the res folder also?
Few days ago I re-installed my entire OS (8.1 is so quick, it's nice) and my last mod pack version is the one I've been using, about 50 games a day, no problems.  I've also been testing other mods and such, still no problems, and these would be mods used with my pack or alone that would cause me problems before.
Now, I did "bug fix" a few things....  You do for sure have the very last version?
Either something didn't copy over, or the folder wasn't actually empty, or maybe there are some driver errors on your system.  I found that was a problem I was having.....  The game would freeze in game or in the hanger sometimes, and I spent forever trying to figure it out, thinking it was certain mods, and only a full system shudown would fix the problem, even Wargaming servers were inaccessable or super slow loading, but I could do anything else.  But I finally broke down and clean install of my OS and updated drivers, and no problems at all.  Though, my last version of my pack I had no problems, it's just when I tried to use other mods etc.....  I had to have a specific mod usage and config, or my problem would occur.
I don't have your specific tanks, but that shouldn't be an issue.....  I've had over 400 downloads now, only one other reported problem.  He states his FPS goes from 120 to 40 with my pack.  Again, not sure what is happening there.
But, given the "percentages" so far of the reported problems, they are either user error or something wrong with the systems themselves.  Because, I've found that mods, and I believe it's actually the XVM and/or the Server Side Rectile doesn't react well when there are errors in the OS.  As I mentioned for my problem for example.
Did you edit any files at all?
I will check my archive and see if maybe there was some archive creation or otherwise error..... just to make sure.
UPDATE....
So, checked my archive, and played it's files, and seems to work fine.
My only other thought at the moment is something else is wrong maybe with your system.  Again, these packs and certain mods seems to react if there is any problem with the OS itself.
I think my problem for example was caused by an updated version of Sound Blaster Cinema, seemed to cause problems, so installed the old one and my system with WOT and mod packs was buggy since.
I didn't install Sound Blaster Cinema this time, and no problems, but not sure what really caused things.

Edited by leeuniverse, Dec 07 2013 - 10:34.

Namod83 #37 Posted Dec 07 2013 - 16:35

Private

• Players
  • 8186 battles
It's a clean install with no other mods.  Installed your pack and using the Jimbo's included.  I've checked all my devices and can see no issues w/ drivers and I really don't want  to start rollin em back randomly :P  Win 7 is completely updated however, as much as I didn't want to.  I have noticed that this issue is widespread and there is quite a bit of discussion pointing to GnomeFather's gun sounds (which didn't work when installed w/ your pack btw)  
Forum tread linky: http://forum.worldof...age__st__20#top

Thanks,
Namo

leeuniverse #38 Posted Dec 07 2013 - 23:48

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
Okay, let's troubleshoot this.....
Instead of installing "GnomeFathers" sound pack, install this one instead http://www.aiomod.co...3&download_id=5
It includes Gnome's but is better, and better bug fixed.....  I use it.  And yes, I've heard there are problems with Gnomes.
Let's try that first, and if that doesn't fix the problem, I will look into the Jimbo's I've included.  I may have messed up which files I included and didn't include.
I will look into that while you are testing the other.
Also, don't know if this thread is similar to your problem?
http://forum.worldof...-sometimes/#top
Looks like that's the one you're talking about?

sherwitt #39 Posted Dec 08 2013 - 00:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13004 battles
Leeuniverse.  Outstanding job on the AIO.  I work with mods daily and have been for a year or more.  Let me tell you this.  I have seen and used just about every mod  out there, including AIO's and XVM mods.  It never fails. Every time I go to check out someone's new AIO there is something always missing, or I don't really care to have something present, or it's in another language.  You my friend have hit the nail on the head. Great AIO.  No funny cartoony stuff. No unusable mods that are just for esthetics.  Great mod.  BRAVO ZULU ( job well done in military jargon).  I do have one question though.  Where do I go to put my "SCOPE SHADOW" Back in. Every time I put a new "crosshair" mod in it removes my scope shadow, Or if I install a "ZOOM" mod of some type it removes my scope shadow.

leeuniverse #40 Posted Dec 08 2013 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP
Okay....  So, just tested Jimbo's with different tanks about 10 games, and see no problems.....

But, I was right about one thing, I did "omit" a couple of files that are useful in Jimbo's.
I omitted the "gun constraint" files in the sights for TD's.  I think at the time I was messing with things I thought it messed up my minimap, but it was likely something else.
Will put them back in the next update.  But I've tested with and without, and no seen problems, so not a priority fix.

---

Thank you very much Sherwitt, and you are very much so correct.  Things missing, cartoony stuff, useless stuff, etc. were problems with other packs, though respects to people for their efforts, cause I learn from them also.

As to your questions....  Well first you don't want to be installing any "zoom mods", because I have them already in the pack.  You can simply adjust them if you need them to do something else.
Like, you want more levels, you want a different default level, you want to scroll with your mouse, through the zooms without having to hit shift, whatever.  You just need to edit the NoScroll.xml and/or the ZoomX.xml files.

As to the scope shadow.....  You're going to have to be more specific.  Do you have the latest version?  Cause, I adjusted and cleaned up a bunch of things with the last version.
The scope shadow is now active by default, and I've only removed the code that removes the shadow.  But, I've included the information in the About how to put it back in.
Sounds like you have a previous version in which I didn't have things quite right?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users