And they are nerfing the T29...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
248 replies to this topic

Neogenex #241 Posted May 07 2011 - 01:19

Captain

• Players
  • 10853 battles
For the love of God, leave the T29 alone already! Its the first good tank USA has! After the miserable grind it took to get to it, we deserve SOMETHING! Stop trying to nerf every little thing anytime its not a Russian tank dominating. Make the game fair and B A L A N C E D. If Russia owns Tier 6, USA owns Tier 7, then make Germany own Tier 8. Its only fair, either that or make the tanks balanced. If it has high firepower, then it has low armor. If it has high speed, then it has decent firepower... its not THAT hard to figure out a balance. Just stop nerfing anything that can compete with Russia. This is how you lose players.

zcv45 #242 Posted May 11 2011 - 01:35

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4389 battles

View PostUnsavory, on Apr 21 2011 - 04:15, said:

The problem with the T-29 is not that it dominates its tier.. it dominates the next tier as well.  Not saying it has to be nerfed all to hell but clearly its just crazy good for its tier.
no i disagree because my tiger can penetrate its armor for sure.and the t29 never 1 shot me either.i also is able to penetrate anywhere.on the turret,hull,frontal,side and rears.my vk3601 can also damage it aslong it isnt frontal armor

zcv45 #243 Posted May 11 2011 - 01:46

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4389 battles

View Posta1fox3, on Apr 29 2011 - 19:33, said:

It is slower and stuff now but only because my crew is only at 178% where before release it was 348% as soon as I get back to 348% it will fell the same.
Just like all of us every tank I had high crew % which I had 4 over 300% and 8 at over 250% they fell sluggish now but I will wait till I get some crews over 200% before I will start complaning.

:Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena:
im not sure if july was like this but now my crew only can go up to 100% and get new skills unless you are counting the skills

aedn #244 Posted May 11 2011 - 07:48

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10053 battles
dont worry t29 and t32 are getting nerfed, and possible t34. TE1 changes on the 105 make the t32/t34 possibly horrible tanks again. will have to see what shells the 34 gets on its stock 105.

Neogenex #245 Posted May 11 2011 - 10:29

Captain

• Players
  • 10853 battles
Oh, I am sure my T29 and my new T32 are going toget nerfed. Too many fools complaining that its "unstoppable". If they would learn how to use their tanks properly they would see that the T29 isnt as badass as everyone thinks... people just dont have a clue how to stop a T29 properly and dont know that driving straight at the enemy or just sitting there with your sides/rear showing to a decent player is B A D. Players need to learn how to just play their tanks to the tanks full advantages and minimize their disadvantages.

In my T29 I hull down or camp in a building as often as I can. Its not noob or stupid, thats SMART. I am using my turrets massive armor to deflects your rounds while I annihilate you.  When I am against a T29, I simply track it and race around its backside, game over, I win. If thats doesnt work, brute numbers  to swarm the T29 works even better. Get as many tanks behind it and on the sides as possible and AIM AT THE HULL!

And to the guy that said "i also is able to penetrate anywhere.on the turret,hull,frontal,side and rears.my vk3601 can also damage it aslong it isnt frontal armor" I would love to see your tiget penetrate my turret armor from the front. HA! That would be the day. The odds of that are about as good as you winning the lottery. Also, I have one shotted a Tiger, not once, not twice, but about 4 different times now. At first I thought it was a fluke. Then I did it 3 more times (not in a row, but out of the 226 games I have played with it, it has happened 4 times). Tigers are not a bad tank, and neither is the IS... if you play them properly. You cant stand out in the open  trading shots with a T29. The odds are you are going to lose... the bad part is... this is how most IS players tend to play because they are so used to demolishing everyone with ease... then you got into the tier with T29 and you no longer can do that. Learn your tank and play it right.

Neogenex #246 Posted May 11 2011 - 10:29

Captain

• Players
  • 10853 battles
Sorry, this was a double post. Mistakenly clicked twice.

Josh_from_Canada #247 Posted May 11 2011 - 11:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 14584 battles
  • [BE] BE
Not so sure that the T29 needs a nerf as much as a few other tanks (notably the Tiger) are in need of a boost. I played nearly 500 battles in an IS in beta and never once found myself going "omg it's a T29, game over, man". Upon release I decided to try different tanks even though I loved my Soviet heavies in beta, and went US heavies this time around. I finally just got the 105mm and the upgraded turret, and while it is a very nice tank I've never felt myself feeling "unstoppable" and I certainly don't laugh at IS's. The T29 and IS are quite nicely balanced when compared to each other, it's just the Tiger that's a heap of trash and needs a boost.

Deleted_User_1000413491 #248 Posted May 11 2011 - 11:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2115 battles
They will do only what THEY want to do and,apparently,NOT what all beta testers commented on.Sad,to say the least.I am waiting(as all my friends are)to see if any improvements are made in the 6.4 patch(IF it gets put out).Plenty of talk so far,but ,talk is cheap.

Aetius23 #249 Posted May 15 2011 - 23:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3400 battles
I stopped reading a few pages ago so I don't know if it has been mentioned so I'm just gonna say it here. The strongest attribute of almost all American tanks is their depression and therefore their ability to hull down. Hull down in this game is a ludicrous concept as most areas where you can go hull down are vulnerable to artillery and it's ludicrous angles of fire, helped by the fact to be effective at being hull down you need to be relatively immobile in order to take full advantage of what is a rare piece of terrain. Ergo the only real advantage American tanks have not only leaves them largely immobile and therefore useless in an attack, and vulnerable to artillery but also is hugely situational and only useful in those areas where the hill is gentle enough to allow your depression to be effective.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users