Jump to content


Is It me or is "Team Battle" a smoking steaming pile of crap?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
242 replies to this topic

Skpstr #161 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 05:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 13152 battles
  • 10,942
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011

View PostZickefoose, on Nov 02 2013 - 22:31, said:

Yeah, instead of killing yourself then, youll go shoot up a school instead...

Well there is that, but it does help the suicidal tendencies...

....hmmm, fixing one problem by causing another, where have we encountered that before? :D

Skpstr #162 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 05:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 13152 battles
  • 10,942
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011

View PostTankthief, on Nov 02 2013 - 22:34, said:

OP havent used all 42 points and its complainning. Learn to play the game OP.

OP hit auto, he's complaining about other idiots forming short teams that he got put into. Please try to read the OP before totally condemning him.

crewmeist3r #163 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 07:08

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12379 battles
  • 770
  • [TRDNT] TRDNT
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 03 2013 - 04:58, said:

So, you simply clicked auto search and got assigned to 5x tier8 and 2x tier1 teams every time?  Lucky for you.  Please, tell me exactly how it progressed step by step when you clicked auto search, so I can emulate your "no problem" solo experience too.
.
How many different times did you use auto search?  What did the teams look like that you were assigned to?  How long did it take to make the teams optimum?   Did you have to take over building the teams, or was somebody else already running the show? Did you bring any friends/clanmates?  Were they already partial teams of friends/clanmates and you just finished their set?  I want to know in detail what steps a completely solo player needs to take in order to make it "no problem".
.
I'm not having any problems forming and running teams with clan mates, nor should any other clan member/group of friends.

Ahhh I realize your problem. You are using auto search. That's just stupid.

To make it "no problem" start a team, freeze all the slots, and only let people in who don't suck and have coms. I do it all the time, it's eeaasssyyyy.

DracoArgentum #164 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 07:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 12690 battles
  • 2,907
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011
Eventually all the people playing proper team setups will have high enough rank that the people bringing T6 tanks in won't see them often.

Aquavolt #165 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 09:39

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 12514 battles
  • 2,149
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    08-04-2011

View PostDracoArgentum, on Nov 03 2013 - 07:46, said:

Eventually all the people playing proper team setups will have high enough rank that the people bringing T6 tanks in won't see them often.

Huge emphasis on "eventually". Who knows how long it's going to take for WG's new system to work.

DracoArgentum #166 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 11:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 12690 battles
  • 2,907
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011

View PostAquavolt, on Nov 03 2013 - 09:39, said:

Huge emphasis on "eventually". Who knows how long it's going to take for WG's new system to work.

Depends on the value they chose for how fast rank changes. Hopefully they set it high at first and reduce it as needed when the initial rankings are more reasonable.

Kuroth_ #167 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 14:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 4866 battles
  • 1,673
  • Member since:
    10-22-2012

Quote

Depends on the value they chose for how fast rank changes. Hopefully they set it high at first and reduce it as needed when the initial rankings are more reasonable.

That would be ideal, though I'm not holding my breath. :/

NeatoMan #168 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 14:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 18005 battles
  • 8,026
  • [5PANZ] 5PANZ
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011

View Postcrewmeist3r, on Nov 03 2013 - 07:08, said:

Ahhh I realize your problem. You are using auto search. That's just stupid.
.
To make it "no problem" start a team, freeze all the slots, and only let people in who don't suck and have coms. I do it all the time, it's eeaasssyyyy.
well DUH,  of course that works.  You are selecting and micromanaging your own team.   That's not exactly solo queing, now is it?   That's not what I was complaining about.  
.
Auto search sucks.  It gives people the impression that the function will set you up with a proper team.  IT NEVER DOES.  It does not belong in this game mode and will only turn off anyone who tries it.
.
So back to my main complaints.
  • Auto search is a joke.  It screws solo players.  even you agree it's stupid.
  • This mode is VERY limited in scope and participation potential.
.
Nothing you just said changes that.

Yanozha #169 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 14:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21303 battles
  • 208
  • [GBEAR] GBEAR
  • Member since:
    06-02-2012
team battle mode is a waste of time , like being in a training room , none of what you do in it counts towards anything ,, no stats , no awards , no nothing , its just a waste of time

Psykmoe #170 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 15:08

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15365 battles
  • 801
  • [STUG] STUG
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012
People of intermediate skill who can do well against equal tiers but get stepped on by constant tier9/10 games, will appreciate the ability to play their tier8s peacefully against other tier8s. People who consistently lose even against even tiers will probably not care.

crewmeist3r #171 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 21:38

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12379 battles
  • 770
  • [TRDNT] TRDNT
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011

View PostAquavolt, on Nov 03 2013 - 09:39, said:

Huge emphasis on "eventually". Who knows how long it's going to take for WG's new system to work.

After about 50 team battles, the system seems like it kicked in. Instead of rolling scrubs over and over my clan suddenly started going up against good teams. Good thing is that it has severely reduced queue time, we are typically getting battles in less than 45 seconds now.

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 03 2013 - 14:49, said:

Auto search sucks.  It gives people the impression that the function will set you up with a proper team.  IT NEVER DOES.  It does not belong in this game mode and will only turn off anyone who tries it.

Everything you said was true. From day one I assumed auto search sucked and never once used it. Getting a good team together is not this gigantic pain you make it out to be. Dry your eyes and stop weeping about a problem that is easily avoidable.

lbgsloan #172 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 22:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12427 battles
  • 1,431
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012
Yeah, I gave the mode a quick try using the autosearch.  There's so much wrong with the autosearch my only explanation for it existing is that WG wants most of the community to never play the mode again.  Not only does it put garbage teams together (in terms of tiering, I won't even touch on the skill levels), but you can't even see what you're getting into.  It asked me to ready without seeing my team, then threw me into a match as the only tier 8 with a tier 7 and three tier 4s.  Against four tier 8s and a tier 3.  Will definitely never touch the mode again without a full premade team.

FlorbFnarb #173 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 22:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 12194 battles
  • 28,251
  • [M--M] M--M
  • Member since:
    08-02-2012

View PostEJVH3, on Nov 02 2013 - 20:21, said:

I am already bored with this format and I only played it one night.Make it 5/40 and do away with the 2 stupid t1 tans that no one wants to play. Who at WG gets the credit for inventing this garbage?

We had fun the other night with it.  Being the scout wasn't awful either, since it really is a critical role.

FlorbFnarb #174 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 23:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 12194 battles
  • 28,251
  • [M--M] M--M
  • Member since:
    08-02-2012

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 03 2013 - 14:49, said:

well DUH,  of course that works.  You are selecting and micromanaging your own team.   That's not exactly solo queing, now is it?   That's not what I was complaining about.  .Auto search sucks.  It gives people the impression that the function will set you up with a proper team.  IT NEVER DOES.  It does not belong in this game mode and will only turn off anyone who tries it..So back to my main complaints.
  • Auto search is a joke.  It screws solo players.  even you agree it's stupid.
  • This mode is VERY limited in scope and participation potential.
.Nothing you just said changes that.

There is a middle ground: start your own team, leave the slots open for randoms to be inserted, and set it so they have to have T8s.  Anybody says they can only bring a 5, say "sorry bye" and boot them.

Husarski #175 Posted Nov 04 2013 - 01:29

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21521 battles
  • 1,957
  • [4FREE] 4FREE
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011
Give it some time. Team battles might work out ok.. its only a few days old.

NeatoMan #176 Posted Nov 04 2013 - 02:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 18005 battles
  • 8,026
  • [5PANZ] 5PANZ
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011

View PostFlorbFnarb, on Nov 03 2013 - 23:09, said:

There is a middle ground: start your own team, leave the slots open for randoms to be inserted, and set it so they have to have T8s.  Anybody says they can only bring a 5, say "sorry bye" and boot them.
Sure, I know what it takes to MAKE it work, but that does nothing to address the total suckiness in dealing with auto search.  You are not using the auto search function yourself.  You are only offering work arounds that do nothing to address why auto search mode sucks.   Until people get a clue and start avoiding this mode, and leaving it to the tier8s, auto search will continue to suck.  
.
So what will make this mode work? remove a whole lot of players who don't know how it works (i.e. severely limit participation).  Or remove auto search mode for everything but tier 8 tanks (i.e. severely limit variety).
.
I am not complaining that I can't get good teams together.  I just go with my clan mates if that's all I wanted.  I wanted to see what the entire game mode experience was like from ALL PERSPECTIVES. All you have demonstrated with your solutions is confirmed just how limited this new game mode is in scope and variety.

crewmeist3r #177 Posted Nov 04 2013 - 03:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12379 battles
  • 770
  • [TRDNT] TRDNT
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011
They should just completely remove the auto search function. Generally people who just throw random teams together and let people play whatever tanks they want are going to struggle getting a well balanced team. This game mode requires a well balanced and organized team, and you're just never going to get that letting the server put your team together for you.

I have no issue with how limited the new game mode is, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it's not a viable option for everyone who plays the game. Neither is clan wars, and it is much easier to get tier 8s useful in team battles than it is to get enough t10s to be useful in an active clan wars clan. I hope that it is successful and they use the same format with different tier limits, similar to the different company battles.

caeman #178 Posted Nov 04 2013 - 03:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 11028 battles
  • 2,871
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012
I am loving the new team battles!  I entered with a group today in my T32 and we just annihilated 3 enemy forces in a row.  It is fun, even, when in an MS-1.

CodeXIX #179 Posted Nov 04 2013 - 04:51

    Private

  • Players
  • 12593 battles
  • 4
  • [KIMBO] KIMBO
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Ok these are just my results, I have played 31 team battles for now, and a 84% team win rate. Talk about "balanced". Now I guess I am somewhat on the opposite end of the pole, considering I only team up with my friends that are just as good as me and we win all our games, getting many shutouts too, like 5-0 or 6-1 games. The point is, as much as I like winning, I kinda wanta challenge and of the 31 teams we played, only about 10% of the time we were challenged. The "skill based" mm...well more like random battles, but you choose your teams. Even is games where we had a 35% win ratio we won. And in one game we had a 95% win ratio, and kinda obvious how that turned out. I would hate it if I kept getting creamed 0-5 by some Unicom players with 60% percent win rates(not that I am).

crewmeist3r #180 Posted Nov 04 2013 - 07:56

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12379 battles
  • 770
  • [TRDNT] TRDNT
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011

View PostCodeXIX, on Nov 04 2013 - 04:51, said:

Ok these are just my results, I have played 31 team battles for now, and a 84% team win rate. Talk about "balanced". Now I guess I am somewhat on the opposite end of the pole, considering I only team up with my friends that are just as good as me and we win all our games, getting many shutouts too, like 5-0 or 6-1 games. The point is, as much as I like winning, I kinda wanta challenge and of the 31 teams we played, only about 10% of the time we were challenged. The "skill based" mm...well more like random battles, but you choose your teams. Even is games where we had a 35% win ratio we won. And in one game we had a 95% win ratio, and kinda obvious how that turned out. I would hate it if I kept getting creamed 0-5 by some Unicom players with 60% percent win rates(not that I am).

Keep playing, the MM will kick in soon. Being challenged is fun, but I kind of miss all the free credits and experience stomping nubs.