Pz Sfl V

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

KyourakuShunsui #1 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 19:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23479 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY
I have to say that so far this Tier 7 TD has got to be among the worst tanks in the tier 7 range. It has been awful to grind away on this. I guess wargaming is trying to get peple to spend money on converting free experience to get over this piece of junk TD. The stock gun is worse than the guns available on the Nashorn (which I don't understand) and it is slow incredibly slow that you can't relocate or position. You have to hope that you have a good team, but not too good of a team otherwise you'll never see the battle.
At least some of the other slow TDs have some armor. But once you are spotted you are dead. This thing is horrendous.

Edited by lanejc, Nov 02 2013 - 19:58.

Daigensui #2 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 20:00

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 18473 battles
  • [MUP] MUP
Optics and camouflage is your friend.

HaikuFoxy #3 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 20:01

Major

• Players
  • 5105 battles
  • [NERP] NERP
The Sturer Emil is not a bad tank.
The 128mm PaK 40 can rip apart Heavy Tanks.
Although you only have 15 rounds so it's not an easy tank to master.
It's made for sniping.

Zel #4 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 20:15

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8440 battles
It does have an awkwardly large amount of XP to get past it, that's for sure. I'm not a fan of that tank at any rate. It's to slow for my tastes.

KyourakuShunsui #5 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 20:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23479 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY

View PostDaigensui, on Nov 02 2013 - 20:00, said:

Of course it is, but it relies on having a team (and a map) that works for long range sniping. Every time I get Himmelsdorf Encounter I just cringe. Even in the train yards you can get spotted way too easy.

Also, the base view range on this tank is not very good (for being open topped and having a high profile which you expect would give it better view range), so you have to spend a lot on equipment and skills just to get a decent view range.

Oheson #6 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 21:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12691 battles

View Postlanejc, on Nov 02 2013 - 19:58, said:

I have to say that so far this Tier 7 TD has got to be among the worst tanks in the tier 7 range. It has been awful to grind away on this. I guess wargaming is trying to get peple to spend money on converting free experience to get over this piece of junk TD. The stock gun is worse than the guns available on the Nashorn (which I don't understand) and it is slow incredibly slow that you can't relocate or position. You have to hope that you have a good team, but not too good of a team otherwise you'll never see the battle.
At least some of the other slow TDs have some armor. But once you are spotted you are dead. This thing is horrendous.

It may very well be the worse tank in the game.

schaghticokekid #7 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 21:43

Captain

• Players
  • 6277 battles
  • [NET] NET

View Postlanejc, on Nov 02 2013 - 19:58, said:

So basically it does exactly what they told us it'd do... what's the problem again?

Tibaerius #8 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 22:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6604 battles
I have to agree on this point, Its an open top with no armor, bad camo, super slow, but a good gun...only 15 rounds?! I mean yeah it packs a punch but since its so slow and has 0 armor its horrible for getting spotted and takes forever to position or re-position. Nothing about this tank is better than its Russian counterpart. It also turns like molasses making it easy to flank. Its completely team dependent since you cant trade shots and like already stated I have had games where the map moves to fast and I just can't keep up. Now I know what its like to be a T95 ><

Rosh87 #9 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 23:15

Major

• Players
  • 24222 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostDaigensui, on Nov 02 2013 - 20:00, said:

I think his main complaint is the bad cannon, Kankou.   It's a bit silly (IMHO) that WG does not allow the Long-88 (from Nashorn) as the Stock Gun for the Sturer.  It's a bit cruel to make some drop Massively from having 203-pen on the long-88, to ....169 pen on the 105 ? lol  - at Tier-7...facing up to Tier-9's...with that...oof...not good.

At Tier-7 (only), that pen is workable...but keep in mind, it's the gun on the Dicker Max...and that's a Tier-6 TD....here we have a Tier-7...that can be getting into Tier-9 matches...and you are rollin' with a 169-pen gun ?  As a TD ?  lol !!!!

And, as General Tiberius pointed out in several threads on this, in the 8.9 Test Server sub-forum, WG was particularly cruel since they made you have get 4000+ exp for the tracks...FIRST...and THEN grind out a further 60,000+ EXP to get the 12.8 gun, at which point Sturer can finally be "judged in its elite / final form".

It is a ridiculously long / cruel  path to make people suffer on.  At the end, you are finally rewarded with 15-shells only, terrible speed and maneuver, and exceptional gun depression.  But that's about the package deal.   That's all you really get.

indigowhale #10 Posted Nov 02 2013 - 23:49

Captain

• Players
  • 18043 battles
Its a bad tank all around.  I won't be surprised to see its win rate 47% or lower.

Tibaerius #11 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 02:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6604 battles
Been playing some games in it, its freaking stupid. So slow, really bad camo HORRIBLE gun traverse, it literally goes like 3 degrees on each side before moving the tracks. Its like an unarmored uncamoed T95...its so freaking bad its pissing me off just playing it. If your team flank sucks or does not spot gg.

WarStore #12 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 02:30

Major

• Players
  • 37074 battles
  • [FORGE] FORGE

View PostRosh87, on Nov 02 2013 - 23:15, said:

I think his main complaint is the bad cannon, Kankou.   It's a bit silly (IMHO) that WG does not allow the Long-88 (from Nashorn) as the Stock Gun for the Sturer.  It's a bit cruel to make some drop Massively from having 203-pen on the long-88, to ....169 pen on the 105 ? lol  - at Tier-7...facing up to Tier-9's...with that...oof...not good.

At Tier-7 (only), that pen is workable...but keep in mind, it's the gun on the Dicker Max...and that's a Tier-6 TD....here we have a Tier-7...that can be getting into Tier-9 matches...and you are rollin' with a 169-pen gun ?  As a TD ?  lol !!!!

And, as General Tiberius pointed out in several threads on this, in the 8.9 Test Server sub-forum, WG was particularly cruel since they made you have get 4000+ exp for the tracks...FIRST...and THEN grind out a further 60,000+ EXP to get the 12.8 gun, at which point Sturer can finally be "judged in its elite / final form".

It is a ridiculously long / cruel  path to make people suffer on.  At the end, you are finally rewarded with 15-shells only, terrible speed and maneuver, and exceptional gun depression.  But that's about the package deal.   That's all you really get.
Geez,,, you just said everything I needed to just quit this fucking line for good.

The 38t was bad, and Flak Bus is just terrible.... a tank that is better if the stock or mid gun (we are talking about the L56, which I hate more than anything).

Draculthemad #13 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 04:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16135 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Its got one good trick, and that is using any kind of hill to abuse its exceptional gun depression.
As long as the map and circumstances allow abusing that, it can be fairly decent.
Its not /quite/ accurate enough to be a reliable sniper at long range, but that is its only fallback plan.
That said, there are tanks that dont have even the option of "one good trick", so I don't think it can fairly be called "worst tank in the game".

Edited by Draculthemad, Nov 03 2013 - 04:05.

Tibaerius #14 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 06:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6604 battles
Yeah I was using the hill thing, the only problem is, any hill you peep over and are able to fire they can see the freaking massive top of your tank anyways so you can still get shot at if your lite. That being said its harder to been seen and at least its a smaller part of your tank, but still possible. I just free XPed to T8 and OMG its sooo much better its not even funny. Im not using the upgraded gun either, the 128 is the way to go on that tank imo anyways. But wow, so much faster, low profile, better gun and turret!

Webtroll #15 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 06:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12503 battles
I don't have the 128 yet but I may give up on the whole line. I can't remember being this dissatisfied with a tank line. With the upgraded engine it's crazy slow and turns poorly, has no armor (expected), does not hide well even with a camo trained crew. Throw the gun it starts with on there and it's really bad. I've done good damage with it, but it's not a game changer for a team.

Rosh87 #16 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 07:34

Major

• Players
  • 24222 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostWebtroll, on Nov 03 2013 - 06:28, said:

I don't have the 128 yet but I may give up on the whole line. I can't remember being this dissatisfied with a tank line. With the upgraded engine it's crazy slow and turns poorly, has no armor (expected), does not hide well even with a camo trained crew. Throw the gun it starts with on there and it's really bad. I've done good damage with it, but it's not a game changer for a team.

Do you have the option of Free XP for the Tracks + Gun ?   This is arguably the only time in the entire line where you "need" to use Free XP to escape a horrific grind with the pathetic stock cannon.   If you can make it past this, you can (generally) be good for the Tier-8 and 9.

teamoldmill #17 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 07:45

Major

• Players
  • 10198 battles

View PostTibaerius, on Nov 03 2013 - 06:09, said:

Yeah I was using the hill thing, the only problem is, any hill you peep over and are able to fire they can see the freaking massive top of your tank anyways so you can still get shot at if your lite. That being said its harder to been seen and at least its a smaller part of your tank, but still possible. I just free XPed to T8 and OMG its sooo much better its not even funny. Im not using the upgraded gun either, the 128 is the way to go on that tank imo anyways. But wow, so much faster, low profile, better gun and turret!

This. Morons think because of depression you are somehow safe like a T29.

slayer6 #18 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 12:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9880 battles
  • [OFWG] OFWG
I like this new TD - even stock - it's all about keeping your movement to a minimum.  Pick a point and direction, then defend it until the end of the game.  Also ensure you have camo paint, netting, skills and a rammer/GLD...  Still 41k from the 128mm and I'm not complaining...

TheDapperChocobo #19 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 14:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12743 battles
  • [BURDY] BURDY
I believe it's user error.  Use Optics and Camo and sit in a bush and farm damage. None of the new TDs are front line tanks and as such should not be getting shot at.

indigowhale #20 Posted Nov 03 2013 - 14:23

Captain

• Players
  • 18043 battles
I really wouldn't blame anyone for fairing bad in this tank.  It is a terrible, terrible tank.  There is no situation I would want to be in a Sturer Emil instead of my Jagdpanther.  It doesn't offer anything of value over the JP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users