Jump to content


"Horizontal Stabilization in Sniper Mode" Setting

does this do

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

PaneerTikkaMasala #1 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:12

    Captain

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 17039 battles
  • 1,280
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011
Went through my settings this morning and noticed this:

Posted Image

Any idea on what it does? I did a cursory google search but came up with nothing.

Scrublet #2 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16977 battles
  • 1,336
  • [BADGR] BADGR
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013
nvm

Zepherex #3 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:14

    Major

  • Wiki Staff
  • 9831 battles
  • 6,335
  • [ESPRT] ESPRT
  • Member since:
    10-28-2012

View Postprecambrian, on Nov 06 2013 - 22:12, said:

Went through my settings this morning and noticed this:

Posted Image

Any idea on what it does? I did a cursory google search but came up with nothing.
I dont know about that.. however i'm glad to see that someone else besides me also hates encounter and assault mode so they disabled it as well

FPSGHoST808 #4 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 7187 battles
  • 4,030
  • [_D_] _D_
  • Member since:
    11-26-2012
probably gets rid of all the flying around that the camera does when you stop the tank in sniper mode

Edited by FPSGHoST808, Nov 06 2013 - 22:17.


Wedge12475 #5 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11624 battles
  • 573
  • Member since:
    01-19-2012
The camera will drag sideways when you turn, like when dynamic camera is off.
Edit: if you turn it off, that is.

Edited by Wedge12475, Nov 06 2013 - 22:19.


comandoriv #6 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:24

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12521 battles
  • 849
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
  • Member since:
    09-18-2011
When you turn your tank, the gun will remain in the direction that you are facing - given that your track traverse isn't greater then your turret traverse.
EX:
             ____-_____
            |                   |=================D                       Turret traverse is 30 degrees a second. Horizontal stabs will allow the gun to remain in
            |                   |                                                            place while your hull turns.
   -------------------------------------                                  
  |              Box Tank                  \
  |________________________\
  \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\                             Hull turns 45 degrees at 20 degrees a second.
\/\~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~/\/\                                        
  /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\\/\/\/\/\
- I don't know why i did this, maybe it's because i'm bored.

Edited by comandoriv, Nov 06 2013 - 22:30.


PaneerTikkaMasala #7 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:27

    Captain

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 17039 battles
  • 1,280
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View Postcomandoriv, on Nov 06 2013 - 22:24, said:

When you turn your tank, the gun will remain in the direction that you are facing - given that your track traverse isn't greater then your turret traverse.

so to be clear, if i'm scoped in and i turn my tank, this will keep my gun on target, unlike now, when i turn my tank in sniper mode, my gun splays wildly to the side I'm turning?

I'm asking because I don't really ever turn my tank in sniper mode, but seems like it could be useful once in a blue moon

_xXx_bro_o7o7_xXx_ #8 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 17667 battles
  • 3,342
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    07-06-2011
man if they only added stabilization for tanks that had a vert stab or a gyro in IRL life, that would be cool

but it would also take 3ffort, so with wargaming's track record, I doubt it

comandoriv #9 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:35

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12521 battles
  • 849
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
  • Member since:
    09-18-2011

View Postprecambrian, on Nov 06 2013 - 22:27, said:

so to be clear, if i'm scoped in and i turn my tank, this will keep my gun on target, unlike now, when i turn my tank in sniper mode, my gun splays wildly to the side I'm turning?
I'm asking because I don't really ever turn my tank in sniper mode, but seems like it could be useful once in a blue moon
Yeah if you move your hull with it activated, your camera position in sniper mode will remain the same. **It is extremely useful for when you have to peek a boom at some distance.
If it is not enabled, then your camera position alters with your hull change.
IMO it is much much more smoother to have it activated then not.

Edited by comandoriv, Nov 06 2013 - 22:36.


Riceygringo #10 Posted Nov 06 2013 - 22:52

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18288 battles
  • 7,147
  • Member since:
    07-14-2010
It was implemented a couple of patches ago, basically it turns on the old "sniper mode vibration" where your reticule jumps every time you fire. But in exchange when you are in sniper mode and drive over a bump (i.e. train tracks) the reticule no longer moves.

DoubleBlack #11 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 03:12

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18181 battles
  • 32
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostRiceygringo, on Nov 06 2013 - 22:52, said:

It was implemented a couple of patches ago, basically it turns on the old "sniper mode vibration" where your reticule jumps every time you fire. But in exchange when you are in sniper mode and drive over a bump (i.e. train tracks) the reticule no longer moves.


Now that makes sense.  However, there is only one way to know for sure...



Babui #12 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 17:22

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11986 battles
  • 147
  • [RDDT9] RDDT9
  • Member since:
    01-03-2012

WTF this is awesome I never noticed it until now!!!!

 

Man this makes a huge difference.



BarnsBroadside #13 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 17:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 14733 battles
  • 4,445
  • [PANIC] PANIC
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013
I must check this out. 

Luissen #14 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 17:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19972 battles
  • 1,370
  • [REBEL] REBEL
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011
I hate how it keeps turning itself off....

ManCannon #15 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 17:37

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 37004 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
My best guest is it reduces sideways wiggle.

BronxBorn #16 Posted Feb 19 2014 - 07:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013
How do u not understad this concept? do u evengoogle?





Also tagged with does, this, do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users