Clan Spotlight Special: NASA Edition

ClanSpotlight 8333 StandDownCivilian LongMeetings BehindTheDiplo alltehgoaldz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

DassemUltor #141 Posted Nov 15 2013 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 3686 battles
I notice I came off a bit too hostile, good job on the spotlight regardless Hyp, creating a history for the end-game and cataloguing it will only improve the vanilla/sandbox CW experience

unlawfulsoup #142 Posted Nov 15 2013 - 23:08

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17984 battles

View PostDassemUltor, on Nov 15 2013 - 22:23, said:

You guys did a spotlight on NASA and there was no Goon representative despite the fact that they had NDP and MS-W as part of NASA? Surely you gotta be joking........, seriously, considering that those two clans alone had far more influence on NASA than some of the spotlighted clans, how can this even be considered to be an accurate depiction of what went on?

I agree, it is a pretty ridiculous. As an NDP and MSW member (and SGLE) I cannot say that I am surprised.

Hypnotik #143 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 01:57

Web Developer

• -Players-
  • 16686 battles

View Posted_anger, on Nov 15 2013 - 22:01, said:

Xpedience: "Due to our attitudes, greed, elitism, and unwillingness to bend, we turned from the heroes into the school yard bullies."

you mean due to your posting on the forums perhaps? lol

Hyp, it's too bad that you couldnt get Chris/dT to say something. he seems to poke his head in on the forums now and then and randomly post in topics that mention MLP.

View PostXpedience, on Nov 15 2013 - 22:16, said:

Really wish DT or Pat has replied. I know they were invited to give their input. oh well.

It was a fun series, glad you did it Hyp. Also was interesting to see some of the anger is still there too! lol.
I actually did get in contact with dT, but he never actually provided any answers to the questions. I do hope he'll jump in this topic at least and say his piece. No response from Pat unfortunately, but I'm sure he's had a lot on his plate from WGLNA recently, so I can't be too surprised

View PostDassemUltor, on Nov 15 2013 - 22:23, said:

You guys did a spotlight on NASA and there was no Goon representative despite the fact that they had NDP and MS-W as part of NASA? Surely you gotta be joking........, seriously, considering that those two clans alone had far more influence on NASA than some of the spotlighted clans, how can this even be considered to be an accurate depiction of what went on?
This doesn't mean that there won't be another run of NASA spotlights. There are a enough Clans who still have enough presence in this community to do this again.

lozarus #144 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 09:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 45851 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostXpedience, on Nov 15 2013 - 13:21, said:

wtf?
Now Havok created NASA?
lulz
RumNColt created HAVOK for mad goaldz, which was to come entirely from the remaining NASA divisions, which was supposed to be at parity with MLP (26k at the time).
Needless to say, only HAVOK voted for that one, and was shot down instantly, and RumNColt had the obligatory RL emergency and disappeared, Forge went back to being Forge, MLP remained uncontested and AoD nuttgrabbed with their 16 teams (what?).
History revisionism 101.
This Spotlight needs CoL from Goons and Genarfa from Panzacs, nothing less.
Actually Hyp, you can catch Genarfa on the SEA server, i got his TS info if you wanted to ask him (or i'll ask), because between Panzacs, Forge & RedSky... the final chapter of the NASA book can't be written.

rossmum #145 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 11:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23177 battles
  • [NDP] NDP
It's just not the same without Moltar.

Hoping for a Pt.2 soon.

CzechMonster #146 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 15:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20174 battles

View PostBarrooM, on Nov 13 2013 - 07:24, said:

Yes, because quite franky, you didn't have 6 teams as was touted by your leadership. Just like AOD didn't have "14 teams". That's two clans with 20 teams... lol?
And we found out just how much of a paper tiger MLP was pretty quickly.
Not Bar. They only reason MLP lost was due to foot soldiers being pissed off at what the "Holy Triumvirate" has done and not giving a shit anymore. I speak for Bravo, we weren't self proclaimed best clan as you put it, we were the best and nothing could touch us until egos started flying. I was in few clans and the prep and planning that went to getting ready for a battle has yet to be matched, not Forge, not RS,not G have the structure and commitment DT put in place. I will leave at that.

Edited by CzechMonster, Nov 16 2013 - 16:23.

TlGERACE #147 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 15:59

Major

• Players
  • 34502 battles
  • [-S-A] -S-A
Good luck to all my fellow tankers

Xpedience #148 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 18:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46374 battles
  • [RANT_] RANT_
The game has changed a lot since then Czech.

It is like trying to compare cars of today, to cars that were out before new regulations on gasoline.  You can't really compare them.

fatfreddy01 #149 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 19:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5996 battles
What happened with the stolen gold? For MLP?

ed_anger #150 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 20:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14279 battles

View Postfatfreddy01, on Nov 16 2013 - 19:35, said:

What happened with the stolen gold? For MLP?

ask Pat, Voth and Josey

CzechMonster #151 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 22:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20174 battles

View PostXpedience, on Nov 16 2013 - 18:32, said:

The game has changed a lot since then Czech.

It is like trying to compare cars of today, to cars that were out before new regulations on gasoline.  You can't really compare them.

I disagree. The structure/logistics MLP had in place was like nothing I have seen before nor after.

Xpedience #152 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 22:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46374 battles
  • [RANT_] RANT_

View PostCzechMonster, on Nov 16 2013 - 22:04, said:

I disagree. The structure/logistics MLP had in place was like nothing I have seen before nor after.
On that we can agree. The company structure we had was still the best I have seen in WoT.

Arthwys #153 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 22:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 11158 battles
  • [AOD] AOD
Interesting flashbacks...  curious as to what happened with the Part II (AOD) of the story as I get a 404 error for the link, and only that part... I wonder why?

anyone have any idea where I can read the AOD portion?

lozarus #154 Posted Nov 17 2013 - 03:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 45851 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostCzechMonster, on Nov 16 2013 - 15:55, said:

Not Bar. They only reason MLP lost was due to foot soldiers being pissed off at what the "Holy Triumvirate" has done and not giving a shit anymore. I speak for Bravo, we weren't self proclaimed best clan as you put it, we were the best and nothing could touch us until egos started flying. I was in few clans and the prep and planning that went to getting ready for a battle has yet to be matched, not Forge, not RS,not G have the structure and commitment DT put in place. I will leave at that.
Beating Iron Raiders 4 months prior didn't make MLP the best clan on the server.
The (one) time that MLP was tested after that (since you guys didn't participate in LZ clearances and lost in the practice scrims on Sicily 3 times in the first round 3 times in a row), was when Panzac Reserves & Forge knocked on your door, and the clan subsequently lost, and fell apart.
100 guys with loads of T10's, that had a few good callers, and a good amount of decent players in 2011, with no competition, or way in which to express that self proclaimed "best" tag, doesn't make a "best clan", it just emphasised that there was a very concentrated number of ego's in one place that were rightly or wrongly given respect\fear by everyone else (except for Forge because BarrooM & Black_choc certainly didn't a.) respect orb.) fear MLP at any stage).
Its like someone in Iron Raiders earlier in this thread, claiming that IR were the best thing since sliced bread, i mean really... IR were a thing for 5 minutes, they were more alive in Closed Beta spamming the recruitment thread, they held a swathe of the map for 2-3 months, then died, same as MLP, pretty sure the same people were scared of IR until they fought them (we did) and found out they were just about as average as the next clan on a bad day.
"You'll never break through the bottleneck" - breaks through the bottleneck.

scharnhorst310 #155 Posted Nov 17 2013 - 06:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles
Hey now lol, I did fight ssgs, bpn, and iron wolves just to have a crack at mlp... We did, and won. The next day they collapsed. From what I have been told that mlp had really kind of broken apart before that so the team we fought was not the real deal...

Xpedience #156 Posted Nov 18 2013 - 13:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46374 battles
  • [RANT_] RANT_

View Postlozarus, on Nov 17 2013 - 03:57, said:

Beating Iron Raiders 4 months prior didn't make MLP the best clan on the server.
The (one) time that MLP was tested after that (since you guys didn't participate in LZ clearances and lost in the practice scrims on Sicily 3 times in the first round 3 times in a row), was when Panzac Reserves & Forge knocked on your door, and the clan subsequently lost, and fell apart.
100 guys with loads of T10's, that had a few good callers, and a good amount of decent players in 2011, with no competition, or way in which to express that self proclaimed "best" tag, doesn't make a "best clan", it just emphasised that there was a very concentrated number of ego's in one place that were rightly or wrongly given respect\fear by everyone else (except for Forge because BarrooM & Black_choc certainly didn't a.) respect or b.) fear MLP at any stage).
Its like someone in Iron Raiders earlier in this thread, claiming that IR were the best thing since sliced bread, i mean really... IR were a thing for 5 minutes, they were more alive in Closed Beta spamming the recruitment thread, they held a swathe of the map for 2-3 months, then died, same as MLP, pretty sure the same people were scared of IR until they fought them (we did) and found out they were just about as average as the next clan on a bad day.
It is always fun to watch Loz re-write the history of anything WoT related. Granted he had nothing to do with any of this in any way, but by god he sure can tell you everything that happened.
Most of what you said is an outright lie, the rest was written in such a way to imply things that weren't true. we did active LZ clears at least 5 nights a week. The rest of your assertions are simply too foolish to respond to.
next you will tell us how the English Army won the war.
Yeah MLP had ego problems.. nice to know you took the mantle after MLP was gone.

IamJohnGalt #157 Posted Nov 19 2013 - 03:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16789 battles
  • [FYYFF] FYYFF

View PostTiggerTank, on Nov 13 2013 - 19:24, said:

I just want to say that I was a proud soldier of IR4 back in the day under Ed_Anger. I really enjoyed my time with that group. I felt strongly we were one of the best compared to the other IR groups, but that is just my opinion. We were a strong cohesive group. I find it sad with all the politics and other nonsense(being polite here) that went on among the leadership of IR that caused it to implode and thus led to the grand alliance, yes the whole alliance not just AOD, to steamroll IR. Ed would come back from the IR meetings frustrated at times. I did not blame him from eventually stepping down. Glad to see you are still playing Ed!
I joined IR4 while it was still forming up.....Snakeguy was the boss then.  I later was DC of IR4.....dont remember Ed Anger.....but that was a couple years ago now.....I cant remember yesterday half the time.
I do agree, we were very tight nit......shame IR command decided to break us up and roll us into other IR units.....I argued against it, but was overruled.  I do dare to say that if IR4 wasnt broken up, it would still be here today.
For all you old IR4 members....
"oh lord, please dont let me fuck up"

Edited by IamJohnGalt, Nov 19 2013 - 03:45.

RedParadize #158 Posted Nov 23 2013 - 22:10

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 25277 battles

View PostCzechMonster, on Nov 16 2013 - 22:04, said:

A structure is judged by its ability to deliver good result. Can you provide any exemple where MLP structure directly correlate with its structure ?
From a outsider perspectuve, MLP structure was lacking flexibility, never truely fonctional and proved to be verry divisive.

ionviol2 #159 Posted Nov 26 2013 - 13:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18641 battles
  • [RTRD] RTRD

View Postlozarus, on Nov 17 2013 - 03:57, said:

100 guys with loads of T10's, that had a few good callers, and a good amount of decent players in 2011, with no competition, or way in which to express that self proclaimed "best" tag, doesn't make a "best clan", it just emphasised that there was a very concentrated number of ego's in one place that were rightly or wrongly given respect\fear by everyone else (except for Forge because BarrooM & Black_choc certainly didn't a.) respect or b.) fear MLP at any stage).

Heavy is the torch of entitlement. There is no need to take it over from MLP, really...

Every thread and map from the yore days contradict everything you say.

deathTouch #160 Posted Dec 01 2013 - 19:40

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3852 battles
I know this is a bit late, but I'll respond to this topic later tonight. I've gotten absolutely swamped with work this last month. I also didn't find out about some memory that had gone bad before it corrupted everything everywhere. Hopefully I can fill in some of the blanks...mind you it's been a long time so I'm really going to have to strain my memory for the details.

Edited by deathTouch, Dec 01 2013 - 19:44.

Also tagged with ClanSpotlight, 8333, StandDownCivilian, LongMeetings, BehindTheDiplo, alltehgoaldz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users