Clan Spotlight Special: NASA Edition

ClanSpotlight 8333 StandDownCivilian LongMeetings BehindTheDiplo alltehgoaldz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

deathTouch #161 Posted Dec 01 2013 - 20:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3852 battles
Below are the questions that I was asked by Hyp to respond to ages ago (sorry Hyp), but I haven't looked at their responses so I don't bias my answers:
What brought your clan into NASA in the first place?
Just to preface this, realize that MLP had a personal hard-on for IR at the time because the core founding MLP players were ex-IR who were harassed and kicked from IR because we had wanted to form our own "elite" division within IR. Much of our initial political strategy at the beginning of CWs was dedicated to the bringing about the downfall of IR.
In my opinion, MLP had gained recognition for two major things that it was able to accomplish during the pre-NASA times:
1) Organized, and from my perspective, lead to the events that resulted in the downfall of IR's holding of a huge amount of territory in the greater USSR region. The famous MLP drive to Moscow, in which a single team of MLP players continuously won battle after battle to charge, unsupported, straight into IR's heart and hold Moscow for close to a week gave MLP political leverage to sign a peace deal with IR in exchange for a large chunk of land for MLP and their allies south of IR's borders. I worked with the other leaders of MLP at the time to draft a written document that was electronically signed by the leader of IR.
The main political challenge that MLP and its allies faced in the months leading up to NASA was the alliance between AOD and IR. Combined, they had enough chips to hold the enormous amount of land that they both enjoyed for a long period of time. AOD was, in our opinion, the more skilled of the two allies and IR had enjoyed having their western flank buffered by a clan that no one wanted to go to war with at the time. Forcing IR into a peace agreement allowed us to assault the Goons to the western edge of AOD, who after a long and drawn out war actually decided to join us in our mission to bring down the bloated AOD-IR alliance. I thought that, by properly arranging alliances between our close allies (MLP, SSGS, BG, Trumsodo's clan whose tag escapes me, etc.) and our new friends, the Goons (who were positioned off the western edge of AOD), we could initiate a proxy war against AOD and force IR between a rock and a hard place: either they watched as our alliance assaulted AOD and overwhelmed them on multiple fronts, or they attacked one of our allies in defense of AOD, voiding a clause that I had written into the ceasefire agreement that prohibited them from attacking any of our current allies and allowing us and SSGS/Trumsodo to flood their southern border with our now-bolstered roster of players.
This created huge tension between AOD and IR, which eventually lead to the historic announcement that AOD no longer considered themselves an ally of IR. A few days previous to this announcement, IR had landed an expeditionary force on one of our landing zones to offset one of their unofficial allies from trying to take the LZ. I had screenshotted this attempt when I saw it happen, then used it as justification for IR breaking the cease-fire clause by launching an attack on one of our LZs. I don't remember if IR fielded a team or not, and it made no difference in my opinion or the opinion of the CW community. Immediately after AOD broke ties with IR, we declared the cease-fire between IR and MLP null and void, posted the cease-fire agreement for all to see specifically where IR was at fault, and proceeded to invade IR's southern flank. In the meantime, we had been talking behind closed doors with AOD and had convinced them that we would ceasefire on their western flank as long as they immediately declared war on their former ally, IR, as soon MLP voided the ceasefire. They agreed to the terms, and IR was wiped from the map within days, leaving a huge territory vacuum and an enormous alliance between MLP/SSGS/BG/Trumsodo, the Goons, and AOD. And this is when NASA officially began.
2) Had a reputation of maintaining 2-3 teams of highly skilled players who had a long history of winning almost every battle against teams that they played. People can say what they want about MLP in the final weeks/month when our organization was a fraction of what it was at our prime, but during the period of time we played most people would agree there were very few, if any teams that could face our 15 man A-team.  At our prime we had an extremely dedicated roster of people who were not only technically skilled at the game, but had an amazing attitude of doing whatever it took to get the job done. We didn't win every battle we had, but if we lost even one battle we spent hours going over what went wrong and drawing up new strategies/techniques to counter what we had seen. When there was a territory that our alliance needed to take at all costs it called on us to do it, and that's the type of clan we strove to be.
What was your favorite part about being in NASA?
Well, it was hard not to enjoy the gold. If I remember correctly, MLP alone was bringing in something on the order of 30,000 gold/day for an active roster of 75 people, not only an unprecedented amount of total gold brought in by any single clan across all three servers but, per capita, was more than any other clan will likely see in this game, ever, unless the CW game rules change. I really did enjoy allowing our members the freedom to play this game for free as well as have plenty of gold so that everyone on our roster could use gold items in clan matches, and even pub matches if they felt like trolling. For a small time after it was formed, the political stability was a breath of fresh air. Every day since beta was released we had been locked into some type of struggle, usually against clans that had many more chips than us, and every night we were forced to win every one of our battles since we were so overstretched on chips. Being able to sit back, take some nights off without fear of losing our LZ's or having one of our flanks collapse was sure nice.  The problem, though, and what I think leads to the next question, is after months of that stability, the CW game got mighty stale...
In your opinion, what was the main thing that led to the collapse of NASA?
A number of factors. Greed for gold, including MLP's desire to hold onto our absolutely ridiculous share. Personal conflict between members of NASA (Voth and Killer coming to mind, the drama behind RumNColt, Friction1957 and a number of people). WG changing the rules of CWs to directly counter NASA by making the LZ rule change and disallowing us to cover each others LZ's redundantly. But the single most important factor that lead to the downfall of NASA, in my opinion, was the stagnant nature of gameplay we created. The day NASA was created, someone said over TS "Well guys, we've won clan wars". And for the most part, that was entirely true. NASA had a complete monopoly on the most skilled clans in the game, and combined had something on the order of 80%+ of the total chips in play for NA at the time. The only aspect of the map that NASA didn't control was Africa, mostly because the return rate for holding that territory wasn't worth the chip investment. Every member of NASA had to defend the same LZ's over and over and over again, night after night, again and again and again, and usually against opponents who couldn't even field a full-tiered team, let alone challenge you on the same skill-level. And if for one evening you lost the LZ tournament game, for whatever reason, the offending clan would usually "death-blossom" your territory making for horrendous and tedious clean-up work over the course of the next week. Needing to play the same exact maps repeatedly for hundreds of days, in my opinion, is why NASA collapsed. People discovered that yeah, gold is a nice convenience, but it's completely irrelevant if you don't have a competent opponent to fight and your roster is dwindling through attrition of having to play the same map over and over again.
Do you think it’s possible for a NASA-like alliance to exist today, even in scaled down form?
I'm certainly not an expert on current CW mechanics as I haven't played in about 2 years, but I'm going to safely say no, it would be impossible to make an alliance of the scale that was created with NASA. And honestly, I don't know if you would want to re-create the alliance we had, for the reasons stated above.
If had to guess which Clans could make up the current-day NASA, who would be a part of it?
Deferring to Hyp and X on this, as I'm not aware of the current CW scene.
What your proudest achievement for your individual Clan during the NASA era?
I think if you ask almost any MLP member, gameplay-wise, it was when we drove to Moscow and held it for as long as we did to make a political statement. From my personal perspective, it was creating a clan that, for the first 5-6 months nearly everyone respected and wanted to be a part of. Many of the core members were like family, and I'm sure many of us spent more time with each other during those months than we did with our actual RL families...
What was the thing you hated the most about being in NASA?
The stagnant nature of the map and losing great players/friends who quit the game over lack of challenge.
What kind of reputation did your Clan build for itself during that time?
During the beginning months, we had a reputation of being a "special ops" type of clan that you could always count on to win any battle and get the job done. During the last month or so, due to a number of MLP leadership decisions, we became known for our money-grubbing reputation and inflexibility with regards to compromise in NASA.
The “Tiered Income Proposal” near the end of NASA was a very controversial topic… what was your Clan’s stance on it?
So during this period of time, I was personally very busy with med school, but the stance that the MLP leaders took was anything that decreased their gold by any amount was unfavorable for MLP and thus took an opposed stance. Personally, I would have been much more open to equalizing the income as I felt a number of my friends in other clans (mainly the goons and SSGS) were being strangled because our gold share was so enormously high at the time. It is a bit difficult though when my personal interests conflict with what was best for the members of our own clan at the time, and telling people they're getting their pay cut never makes them happy. Having already lost a number of our core members to attrition and having many new members who I felt were more gold-oriented than battle-oriented, this could have created a lot of internal conflict, so I do understand in part why MLP's leader's at the time took a firmer stance on the new tiered gold system.
What decisions do you think would have needed to be made to save the alliance?
Temporarily it could have been saved but AOD and MLP giving up a greater percentage of their share, but in the long-run I believe the alliance would have still fallen apart due to the stagnant nature NASA created.
What clan would you say were your closest allies/friends during NASA?
From what I remember: BG/SSGS/Goons
How much have you worked with other former members of NASA since the split?
After MLP imploded I tried for a little while to re-organize members of MLP into a clan, but considering half our members were in WAR and a bunch of others quit, as well as my own burnout and demoralization of being backstabbed by people I had considered friends, my heart just wasn't in it anymore. I am glad to see a number of my friends in clans that they are enjoying now though, and I still see ex-MLP or ex-NASA players in other games that I have since played, including ARMA 2 and GW2. Anyone is welcome to add me to steam @ deathTouchIG to stay in contact.
Where are a lot of your former leaders/members today?
From what I understand, most are in top-tier clans such as G.
What caused the disbanding of your Clan?
Long-term stagnancy lead to a number of our core players leaving the game/not playing as much, as well as losing sight of our original purpose: A clan that strove to have the best teams in the game, regardless of how much gold we were earning. I do also take part of the blame of the downfall of MLP, as I was not around as much as was needed. This lead to Pat and Voth feeling that the best course of action with MLP was to save what reputation it had left by working with certain members of MLP, behind my back, to organize WAR and then without notice disband MLP, leaving all the members who had not been selected to be a part of WAR immediately clanless. In my opinion it was about the worst possible way to go about doing what they wanted to do. Also, about the stolen gold...unfortunately WG had no way of tracking who took the gold, but we do know that Voth ended up selling his account shortly after the disbanding of MLP with much more gold than he would have even received legitimately from MLP payouts.
MLP was always considered the top clan in Clan Wars during that time, did that add a lot of extra pressure to perform well?
Of course it added pressure, as every single loss would be scrutinized by both enemy and ally and bring into question why the alliance was paying us 30,000 gold/day. The veterens of MLP though got used to leading and performing under pressure though, which is why you likely see most of those who still play in top-tier clans and NA tournaments.
What Clan(s) do you think this pressure applies to today?
Probably G, otherwise I'm not sure and defer to Hyp and X.
NOTEHyp feel free to correct me on any of those numbers that might be wrong above...from memory we were making 30k gold/day at our peak but you might have records on the exact numbers. I'll keep an eye on this topic for awhile, if anyone has any questions about the details of MLP feel free to ask away and I'll try to answer when I get a spare moment.
For me, one of the most exciting times of this game was the time leading up to the formation of NASA. The political game was incredibly challenging and fun, and it was great working with a bunch of people to fight for a common cause. I do hope that sense of objective-based politics is still in the game today.

Edited by deathTouch, Dec 01 2013 - 21:05.

lozarus #162 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 00:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 45867 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostXpedience, on Nov 18 2013 - 13:05, said:

It is always fun to watch Loz re-write the history of anything WoT related. Granted he had nothing to do with any of this in any way, but by god he sure can tell you everything that happened.
Most of what you said is an outright lie, the rest was written in such a way to imply things that weren't true. we did active LZ clears at least 5 nights a week. The rest of your assertions are simply too foolish to respond to.
next you will tell us how the English Army won the war.
Yeah MLP had ego problems.. nice to know you took the mantle after MLP was gone.
I didn't read this until today so i apologise for the late response.
Firstly, your Jimmies are rustled.
Secondly, without wanting to appear like my own are Xped, you were not involved with anything beyond being the No.1 (at the time) premium idiot on the forums and running your own Company of MLP, as opposed to myself who was he No.3 or 4 premium idiot on the forums and running my clan AND activly participating in everything that occoured in NASA from day 1 of it, there's really no comparison in who knows what.
MLP were RENOUNED for not participating in LZ clearances, same as SSGS to claim clearances 5 nights a week is proposterous, with the rare exception, litterally bollocks, so if you're going to call me a liar, i'll return that with a cherry on top.
AoD & Panzacs were BY FAR the most active in LZ clearances, then you had the Goons (MS-W & NDP), MLP (and SSGS) were flat bottom of contribution towards the mechanics of maintaining the NASA landholding status quo, and rightly earned the reputation that most (outside of MLP) would attest to.
Thirdly, i wish you would respond to whatever else you felt was "foolish" so i could rebut them because i'm seriously unsure that you could in any right mind come up with a counter argument to any other point that had any validity.
Panzacs Reserves, Forge & RedSky cut through MLP (and everyone else for that matter) when it was touted as impossible (incidentally from Deathtouch, who's presence was akin to your own on the forums, which basically put you all on such a high pedestal to fall from it was the best entertainment since OJ Simpson barreling through LA).
As for the Iron Raiders comment, i was there in closed BETA builidng my clan slow as i could with the 0 sum reputation that RELIC carried over from a worse game than this, watching Iron Raiders spam recruit (along with Iron Wolves) 300 pages in the recruitment thread, i watched as the map opened up on day 1, i watched a while later as IR were the biggest individual Clan ever created, and i watched them get sliced through by MLP's march to Moscow, then carved up and fall apart from the AoD, ROTA, Iron Wolves backstab.
Killing two birds with 1 stone, In refference to the British Army, and in comparison to the Iron Raiders vs. MLP situation, have you ever seen Zulu? - (not Zulu Dawn as it would ruin my point), the one with Michal Caine?
Yeah, MLP was a hundred Red Jacketed British and Imperial soldiers, IR was the Zulus... they had spears bro, and no idea what they were doing.

deathTouch #163 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 21:32

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3852 battles

View Postlozarus, on Dec 05 2013 - 00:52, said:

I didn't read this until today so i apologise for the late response.
Firstly, your Jimmies are rustled.
Secondly, without wanting to appear like my own are Xped, you were not involved with anything beyond being the No.1 (at the time) premium idiot on the forums and running your own Company of MLP, as opposed to myself who was he No.3 or 4 premium idiot on the forums and running my clan AND activly participating in everything that occoured in NASA from day 1 of it, there's really no comparison in who knows what.
MLP were RENOUNED for not participating in LZ clearances, same as SSGS to claim clearances 5 nights a week is proposterous, with the rare exception, litterally bollocks, so if you're going to call me a liar, i'll return that with a cherry on top.
AoD & Panzacs were BY FAR the most active in LZ clearances, then you had the Goons (MS-W & NDP), MLP (and SSGS) were flat bottom of contribution towards the mechanics of maintaining the NASA landholding status quo, and rightly earned the reputation that most (outside of MLP) would attest to.
Thirdly, i wish you would respond to whatever else you felt was "foolish" so i could rebut them because i'm seriously unsure that you could in any right mind come up with a counter argument to any other point that had any validity.
Panzacs Reserves, Forge & RedSky cut through MLP (and everyone else for that matter) when it was touted as impossible (incidentally from Deathtouch, who's presence was akin to your own on the forums, which basically put you all on such a high pedestal to fall from it was the best entertainment since OJ Simpson barreling through LA).
As for the Iron Raiders comment, i was there in closed BETA builidng my clan slow as i could with the 0 sum reputation that RELIC carried over from a worse game than this, watching Iron Raiders spam recruit (along with Iron Wolves) 300 pages in the recruitment thread, i watched as the map opened up on day 1, i watched a while later as IR were the biggest individual Clan ever created, and i watched them get sliced through by MLP's march to Moscow, then carved up and fall apart from the AoD, ROTA, Iron Wolves backstab.
Killing two birds with 1 stone, In refference to the British Army, and in comparison to the Iron Raiders vs. MLP situation, have you ever seen Zulu? - (not Zulu Dawn as it would ruin my point), the one with Michal Caine?
Yeah, MLP was a hundred Red Jacketed British and Imperial soldiers, IR was the Zulus... they had spears bro, and no idea what they were doing.

In eight years of competitive gaming I've never seen someone hold onto as much resentment for clan for as long as you have loz, and I've seen clans bend and break tournament rules to cheat other teams out of thousands of dollars of earnings, so congrats on that I guess.

I'm sorry RELIC wasn't invited for an interview. I'm sure it was a tough choice and if I'd guess RELIC was closely behind the Goons, PANZACS, PANZACS Reserves, and 503rd for most relevant NASA members.

scharnhorst310 #164 Posted Dec 06 2013 - 18:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles
Anyone else glad that even after all this time NASA still has an uncanny ability to divide people lol.

lozarus #165 Posted Dec 06 2013 - 19:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 45867 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostdeathTouch, on Dec 05 2013 - 21:32, said:

In eight years of competitive gaming I've never seen someone hold onto as much resentment for clan for as long as you have loz, and I've seen clans bend and break tournament rules to cheat other teams out of thousands of dollars of earnings, so congrats on that I guess.
I'm sorry RELIC wasn't invited for an interview. I'm sure it was a tough choice and if I'd guess RELIC was closely behind the Goons, PANZACS, PANZACS Reserves, and 503rd for most relevant NASA members.
Never in my "X" ammount of years grandstanding on forums have i ever seen anyone come back to said forums to harp about a game they've not played for years, or even managed a full year of in the first place, since Deathtouch.
We did our spotlight earlier in this thread dumbass, ours was Wednesday, yours was Friday.
You're significant in as much as you said MLP wouldn't get beaten, then proptly evaporated when they did, being led by a fake war hero, having the clan disband underneath you, having at most, 2 teams of the imaginary over 9,000 quoted to NASA, those rose coloured memmories... cherish, gg was close o7o7o7.
Posted Image
I dont' harbour hate towards MLP, i harbour ridicule for a good portion of the muppets that ran it (that's you, and entirely for your 0% activitiy within the functions of NASA or MLP as a fighting force in that time, but 100% of the forum grandstanding which was awesome and unfortunatley because of Xpedience, mostly trashcanned for crap content).

deathTouch #166 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 04:02

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3852 battles

View Postlozarus, on Dec 06 2013 - 19:38, said:

Never in my "X" ammount of years grandstanding on forums have i ever seen anyone come back to said forums to harp about a game they've not played for years, or even managed a full year of in the first place, since Deathtouch.
We did our spotlight earlier in this threaddumbass, ours was Wednesday, yours was Friday.
You're significant in as much as you said MLP wouldn't get beaten, then proptly evaporated when they did, being led by a fake war hero, having the clan disband underneath you, having at most, 2 teams of the imaginary over 9,000 quoted to NASA, those rose coloured memmories... cherish, gg was close o7o7o7.
I dont' harbour hate towards MLP, i harbour ridicule for a good portion of the muppets that ran it (that's you, and entirely for your 0% activitiy within the functions of NASA or MLP as a fighting force in that time, but 100% of the forum grandstanding which was awesome and unfortunatley because of Xpedience, mostly trashcanned for crap content).
You do realize I was personally asked to respond to interview questions by Hyp for this article, and that he contacted me via PM which notifies me via my personal email account, correct? I haven't had time to read the entire thread, I guess your interview got stuffed sometime in the middle of the week? I'm not sure who made the decision to interview RELIC over goons, since RELIC was primarily a puppet to goons in NASA more than anything else, but I suspect it was based more on current activity than actual relevance in NASA at the time. I suppose we'll see if anyone contacts you for interviews two years after you stop playing. My guess is people won't even remember how to spell your name. I know I didn't.
Regardless, the resentment that you apparently harbor toward me is completely disproportionate to anything that could have happened in this video game. In fact, I barely remember directly interacting with you at all at any point, likely because RELIC was a puppet during the period of time I did diplo. I'm also not sure why you feel like you need speak out for my personal involvement within the clan when I was playing, as I'm sure there's at least 100 people who have a much closer perspective to my general involvement with MLP than you.
What's really bizarre about all this is I was actually a major advocate for bringing Relic into NASA as full-member status because I personally thought they had proven themselves to be worthy of voting status. I suppose no good deed goes unpunished.
Most importantly, if you haven't considered the possibility that holding onto this degree of resentment for this long may not be normal behavior I would encourage you to do so at this point and seek professional help if an inability to properly process emotions is negatively affecting other areas of your life.

lozarus #167 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 07:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 45867 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Your first paragraph is made all the sweeter by your first line in the second paragraph, and i'm grateful that you can attack RELIC's relevancy, bump your own self importance and fire a shot at me, then hypocritically blather on about the (misdiagnosed on your part) aparent resentment that i'm supposed to harbour. - Its ridicule that i keep for special cases like yourself.
noun: ridicule
the subjection of someone or something to mockery and derision.
"he is held up as an object of ridicule"

verb: ridicule; 3rd person present: ridicules; past tense: ridiculed; past participle: ridiculed; gerund or present participle: ridiculing
subject to mockery and derision.
"his theory was ridiculed and dismissed"

You were contacted by a member of WG staff, who was a former member of MLP. - Congratulations on this prestigious achievement.
RELIC was in NASA from its first day, RELIC joined the "Southern Alliance", and by proxy automatically found itself in NASA when it was formed, which is probably what you're thinking of.
If you wern't so buttmad about being told of your own insignificance, you might come up with a better arguement than "no - you are".
Your highwater mark was the march to Moscow, whatever you think you put into NASA, you didn't ya' plumb, you're talking about the Southern Alliance...

Your comments about the Goons cut deep mind you, you spent a lot of time smoking sausage on their teamspeak being the butt of jokes from them in the approximate time of MLP's flatulent demise.
What can i say about our relationship though, when a clan with 15 guys with Tier 10's beat you 3 times in a row on maps you've been playing on for months, i guess its a good option to throw an arm around them.
Who'd have though that a year or two later, NDP 2.0 would kill itself a second time #yolo'ing itself against RELIC 2nd.
On a final note, the trite, and overused pseudo forum psychology application on me, from you really belongs in 2011/12, which is approximately where your influence within this game, left.
Maybe next time someone asks you for your cherished memmories, you wont' make it look like a desperate attempt to promote yourself a few weeks after people stopped reading or caring, i mean seriously guy... all that effort and more likely than not, the only people who read it was you, me and Sharnhorst.
Good effort, tryhard.

deathTouch #168 Posted Dec 12 2013 - 02:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3852 battles

View Postlozarus, on Dec 10 2013 - 07:42, said:

Your first paragraph is made all the sweeter by your first line in the second paragraph, and i'm grateful that you can attack RELIC's relevancy, bump your own self importance and fire a shot at me, then hypocritically blather on about the (misdiagnosed on your part) aparent resentment that i'm supposed to harbour. - Its ridicule that i keep for special cases like yourself.
noun: ridicule
the subjection of someone or something to mockery and derision.
"he is held up as an object of ridicule"

verb: ridicule; 3rd person present: ridicules; past tense: ridiculed; past participle: ridiculed; gerund or present participle: ridiculing
subject to mockery and derision.
"his theory was ridiculed and dismissed"

You were contacted by a member of WG staff, who was a former member of MLP. - Congratulations on this prestigious achievement.
RELIC was in NASA from its first day, RELIC joined the "Southern Alliance", and by proxy automatically found itself in NASA when it was formed, which is probably what you're thinking of.
If you wern't so buttmad about being told of your own insignificance, you might come up with a better arguement than "no - you are".
Your highwater mark was the march to Moscow, whatever you think you put into NASA, you didn't ya' plumb, you're talking about the Southern Alliance...
This is like watching a 2 year-old scream for attention. You were a puppet of the Goons until you were brought into NASA, largely through the decision-making power of those in charge at the time, which included myself.

Your comments about the Goons cut deep mind you, you spent a lot of time smoking sausage on their teamspeak being the butt of jokes from them in the approximate time of MLP's flatulent demise.
I played SWTOR and GW2 with MSW after we all decided to quit WoT and developed a number of friendships with he goons. They vaguely remember your name.

What can i say about our relationship though, when a clan with 15 guys with Tier 10's beat you 3 times in a row on maps you've been playing on for months, i guess its a good option to throw an arm around them.
My advocacy for RELIC for full member status happened before NASA was even formed, and we had never faced each other in battle.

Who'd have though that a year or two later, NDP 2.0 would kill itself a second time #yolo'ing itself against RELIC 2nd.
Yes, I'm sure they performed at the same level as they did in their prime after not playing for 1 year. Just how the final battles MLP played were of the same quality and roster as during our prime. It's like you think I give a flying fuck about something that happened in a clan a year after I quit.

On a final note, the trite, and overused pseudo forum psychology application on me, from you really belongs in 2011/12, which is approximately where your influence within this game, left.
Your behavior toward me is not normal, in particular considering we barely directly interacted.

Maybe next time someone asks you for your cherished memmories, you wont' make it look like a desperate attempt to promote yourself a few weeks after people stopped reading or caring, i mean seriously guy... all that effort and more likely than not, the only people who read it was you, me and Sharnhorst.
Good effort, tryhard.
Sorry I wasn't able to respond on time but I was balancing rotating in trauma surgery, in the midst of authoring and publishing a paper on adult congenital heart disease, residency applications, maintaining a relationship and dealing with a grandmother admitted in the hospital. All of which unfortunately took precedence over this thread.
It took me 3 minutes to respond to your post, which is 3 more minutes of my time than it deserved. I never cared what you had to say in this game, and still don't care. Your clan was mostly irrelevant in the formation of NASA except to guard landing zones, and you're jealous of other people who obtain more attention or credit than you. You've spent 2 years of your life trying to discredit anything and everything that MLP did in its time, either with me or with former members of the clan. I spent 2 years of my life not caring what people like you think. Get over yourself.

lozarus #169 Posted Dec 12 2013 - 21:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 45867 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

Look at this guy, he needs respect from me, so many words, so much win, too many lulz.

MLP's house fell over at the first gust of wind at the hands of the clans that you and yours considered beneath you, that is worth me pointing it out regularly, especially when i get a rise out of you & Xped when you're both doing the opposite and parading rose coloured MLP history, although Xped more often than not sees what i post for what it is, you'll literally drop important business, personal and leisure time to dissect my posts.

This should be the last time i need to say it, you're talking about a time when RELIC was accepted into the Southern Alliance, not NASA.

You'll find my memory is clearer on this than yours, since its my clan which still exists. It was actually Jern from SturmGrenadiers who actually approached RELIC about joining the Southern Alliance, this was after it was seen that we had - had some limited (albeit short lived) success against a couple of Iron Raiders divisions in the Baltic and we were (fortunately or otherwise) beating up on MS-W in Italy.

We had for our sins, beaten them 3 out of 3 and were knocking on Lazio so we agreed through Solysh, to stand down to give them and NDP time to move up and into Western Europe, and thus began our relationship, certainly not equal, certainly as a minor associate, and most definitely on the side of the Goons in all things, especially when it came to getting a rise out of elitist blowhards.

Bobfrommarketing took over consultancy duties for us when MS-W & NDP basically reversed position on the map, and eventually NASA was formed, we were in regardless of MLP, yourself, or anyone else for that matter, you i remember was not at a meeting for NASA, you might have had conversations regarding it, but the sole representatives for MLP were Pat & Voth, with one or both usually muted unless it concerned their gold.

Please now, tell us more about how you were a mover and shaker in an online organisation in a game that you neither represented yourself in or participated in the playing of.

MLP history is just that, it was there for all to see, hundreds of pages have been dedicated to "X", "Y" & "Z", we've heard how MLP's 4, 5, 6 teams™ were in fact, almost 2 when it mattered, internal issues from the top down and bottom up, unhealthy rivalry between companies resulting in a polarizing clan dismemberment and no less than 3 breakaway fetus', account selling, false war hero claims etc..etc..

You did real well against Iron Raiders that time in 2011, good job.

deathTouch #170 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 02:35

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3852 battles

View Postlozarus, on Dec 12 2013 - 21:57, said:

Look at this guy, he needs respect from me, so many words, so much win, too many lulz.

MLP's house fell over at the first gust of wind at the hands of the clans that you and yours considered beneath you, that is worth me pointing it out regularly, especially when i get a rise out of you & Xped when you're both doing the opposite and parading rose coloured MLP history, although Xped more often than not sees what i post for what it is, you'll literally drop important business, personal and leisure time to dissect my posts.

This should be the last time i need to say it, you're talking about a time when RELIC was accepted into the Southern Alliance, not NASA.

You'll find my memory is clearer on this than yours, since its my clan which still exists. It was actually Jern from SturmGrenadiers who actually approached RELIC about joining the Southern Alliance, this was after it was seen that we had - had some limited (albeit short lived) success against a couple of Iron Raiders divisions in the Baltic and we were (fortunately or otherwise) beating up on MS-W in Italy.

We had for our sins, beaten them 3 out of 3 and were knocking on Lazio so we agreed through Solysh, to stand down to give them and NDP time to move up and into Western Europe, and thus began our relationship, certainly not equal, certainly as a minor associate, and most definitely on the side of the Goons in all things, especially when it came to getting a rise out of elitist blowhards.

Bobfrommarketing took over consultancy duties for us when MS-W & NDP basically reversed position on the map, and eventually NASA was formed, we were in regardless of MLP, yourself, or anyone else for that matter, you i remember was not at a meeting for NASA, you might have had conversations regarding it, but the sole representatives for MLP were Pat & Voth, with one or both usually muted unless it concerned their gold.

Please now, tell us more about how you were a mover and shaker in an online organisation in a game that you neither represented yourself in or participated in the playing of.

MLP history is just that, it was there for all to see, hundreds of pages have been dedicated to "X", "Y" & "Z", we've heard how MLP's 4, 5, 6 teams™ were in fact, almost 2 when it mattered, internal issues from the top down and bottom up, unhealthy rivalry between companies resulting in a polarizing clan dismemberment and no less than 3 breakaway fetus', account selling, false war hero claims etc..etc..

You did real well against Iron Raiders that time in 2011, good job.

Same rehashed crap from two posts ago. Come up with new material and stop spewing volumes of verbal diarrhea that would put cholera patients on laxatives to shame.

We get it, you have your own, unique version of history. I'm sure RELIC players find it exciting and thoroughly enlightening. I doubt anyone else really cares. This was my version of events as witnessed and processed through my time as leader of MLP. Your recounting was back on Wednesday. I'm sure people interested in your recounting can page through and try to find it somewhere in the thread.

I seriously have no idea what your major issue is. It probably has something to do with never really interacting with me, as I think most people who played this game with me enjoyed the time that we spent together. You criticize people for their personality when here you stand trying to personally attack someone who you never knew, let alone played with or participated in the building of a clan. Let me make this very clear: I do not care what your version of history is, nor do I care in the slightest what you think of me. I barely know you and I intend for that to remain true. So keep harping on your great accomplishments as a puppet if it boosts your self-esteem, because no one else really cares.

I will end on this. MLP has been gone for a about 2 years and was the grand finale of a series on NASA. RELIC was stuffed in on a Wednesday. Regardless of what you or I think of our respective clan's participation, the fact remains that despite not existing for two years, MLP not only achieved an interview slot, but the series finale. That speaks to what people wanted out of this interview more than neither you nor I can attest.

Tuco22 #171 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 02:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10681 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS

Damn its hot watching you two go at it. 

Nipples are burning. 

lozarus #172 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 03:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 45867 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

For someone who doesn't care, they sure spent a whole lot of time dissecting posts and adding 3 more sentences to their last edit.

I'd call it an admission of failure on his part.

Series finale, shoehorned after the fact by a desperate Deathtouch, denying the legitimacy gods of CR\D, we take you seriously, don't make me get Drizzles in here to put you under the Panzac's Reserves cosh, because i will.

deathTouch #173 Posted Dec 17 2013 - 19:33

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 3852 battles

View Postlozarus, on Dec 16 2013 - 03:39, said:

For someone who doesn't care, they sure spent a whole lot of time dissecting posts and adding 3 more sentences to their last edit.

I'd call it an admission of failure on his part.

Series finale, shoehorned after the fact by a desperate Deathtouch, denying the legitimacy gods of CR\D, we take you seriously, don't make me get Drizzles in here to put you under the Panzac's Reserves cosh, because i will.

Thank God those verbal antidiarhheals are gaining traction, I was afraid we were going to run out of bedpans.

thandiflight #174 Posted Dec 20 2013 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 85236 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postlozarus, on Dec 05 2013 - 00:52, said:

Loz, with no disrespect to the point you were trying to make nor to your recounting NASA (both of which I agree with), Zulu (1964) was not an accurate representation of either the Battle of Isandlwana or Rourke's Drift. The truth is that if you visit the actual battlefield, inspect the terrain and review the historical record as to what happened, you will find that these guys with spears knew exactly what they were doing (certainly at Isandlwana) and gave the British Army and the colonials a terrible effing hiding. Rourke's Drift was an uncoordinated "mopping up" operation AFTER the main force had been comprehensively thrashed at Isandlwana. The bucket load of VC's (11) handed out to the defenders was an attempt to cover up what was a terrible and embarrassing loss for the British Army. Had the Zulu forces been coordinated in the manner that they had at the main battle there would have been no VCs awarded as in 1879 VCs were not awarded posthumously. I get your point I just think the example you chose was just a tad misguided.

lozarus #175 Posted Dec 20 2013 - 19:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 45867 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postthandiflight, on Dec 20 2013 - 00:51, said:

Loz, with no disrespect to the point you were trying to make nor to your recounting NASA (both of which I agree with), Zulu (1964) was not an accurate representation of either the Battle of Isandlwana or Rourke's Drift. The truth is that if you visit the actual battlefield, inspect the terrain and review the historical record as to what happened, you will find that these guys with spears knew exactly what they were doing (certainly at Isandlwana) and gave the British Army and the colonials a terrible effing hiding. Rourke's Drift was an uncoordinated "mopping up" operation AFTER the main force had been comprehensively thrashed at Isandlwana. The bucket load of VC's (11) handed out to the defenders was an attempt to cover up what was a terrible and embarrassing loss for the British Army. Had the Zulu forces been coordinated in the manner that they had at the main battle there would have been no VCs awarded as in 1879 VCs were not awarded posthumously. I get your point I just think the example you chose was just a tad misguided.

Yeah, i was trying to reference a reasonably well known event that had some parallels towards fighting an uneven fight regardless of the numbers the opponents could field. 

In the case of Isandlwana, there was no reason that the British should have lost due to the Martini-Henry rifle alone, acording to studies, the British could in effect, (assuming that a 6 volley per minute rate minimum could have been maintained) finished the Zulu's off in less than 20 minutes.

According to the same studies, several reasons were put to bed about the loss there, including over-conservative storesman not getting ammunition to the front in time, or the ability for infantry to get the boxes open upon arrival (the unit in question was veteran and archaeological studies of the area suggest that the British simply bludgeoned the ammo boxes open with their rifle buts), the overwhelming evidence supports the loss on the fact that the British cartridge in use at the time was propelled with black powder, in low light conditions, it basically meant that after the first minute or two, visibility would have been approaching nil, and thus... the Zulu's ran the British through at point blank with spears, cut of their escape on the flanks and finished off the stragglers at the river.

Roukes Drift on the other hand, was on the verge of being a loss, if it wasn't for the fact that the Zulu's had this concept of "honour", chances are that would have ended similarly, it was certainly within their destiny to decide.

__Worm__ #176 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 34328 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

I believe the 'first' major throwdown was the Ural Steel tourny.

Did having something of that caliber have an effect on "posturing" back then?

BarrooM #177 Posted Jan 07 2014 - 21:49

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles

View PostdeathTouch, on Dec 17 2013 - 12:33, said:

Thank God those verbal antidiarhheals are gaining traction, I was afraid we were going to run out of bedpans.

Staygo.

Also tagged with ClanSpotlight, 8333, StandDownCivilian, LongMeetings, BehindTheDiplo, alltehgoaldz

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users