Only getting lag in the last 3-4 days...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

TazzMaRazz #1 Posted Mar 06 2011 - 04:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 25064 battles
  • [FCF] FCF
About 4 days ago I started getting lag issues when I did not have them for the duration of the time I have been playing. I have been playing since October with NO ISSUES. Prior to the lag issues, I would get 70-80 FPS and 20-30 ping. Now it seems to be the opposite and the FPS & Ping jump all over the place. Anyone else having this issue? I have done all of the normal fixes, defrag, disk clean-up and even downloading Gamebooster did not work. I have checked my connection speed and am getting almost 10Mb download and almost a 1Mb upload, so my connection to the internet is good. If I had the IP address of the server I could ping the server and see where if any packets I'm loosing.

Any help would be appreciated. PS: Wonder how the Russian server is doing with more players logged in.

Chrinik #2 Posted Mar 06 2011 - 14:13

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Same here.
While I do run a low-end system barely above the minimum specs, and I have a bad connection, I was always able to play rather consistently up until well...yesterday actually.
My guess is the patch did something, I dunno, but now it´s unplayable at times, I constantly freeze, up, get "teleported" when the lag stopps, I can´t shoot, I can´t move, I can´t do anything worthwhile. I just bought the Tiger to complete my "Iconic Tanks of the Wehrmacht" collection, and now I can´t play anymore<.<

It seems to happen the most when I am moving, when I´m standing still, it´s not so bad.

PS: I would love a 800x600 resolution setting...

TazzMaRazz #3 Posted Mar 06 2011 - 15:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 25064 battles
  • [FCF] FCF
Since the last patch was release, the issue of lag seems to be when explosions or other tanks move within close proximity to me. Never had this problem before and nothing on my system has changed. I have all updated drivers for processor and video card.

Nvidia GeForce 8600 gts

AMD Athlon II x2 245 (Times 2)

I also have 3 hard-drives for this system.
1) for normal business
2) exclusively for gaming
3) for recovery

I am not a computer genius by no means, but since the last patch is when these issues started to occur.

PLEASE HELP!!!!! I love this game

Aesgrim #4 Posted Mar 07 2011 - 19:20

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Same here. The lagspikes have been horrendous.
Just got kicked out of a game, twice, because of 999 ping. Tried streaming video just to try the connection and it worked flawlessly.

Chrinik #5 Posted Mar 08 2011 - 01:49

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have a theory...it might be serverpopulation, i.e., how many players are currently online. On the weekend, it was unplayable, today, around midnight, with "only" 10.000 Players online, worked pretty okay.

Cichy_ #6 Posted Mar 16 2011 - 21:09

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have the same problem. It all started at the beginning of march. Randomly I got lags in game. Tank is responding with 2-3 seconds delay, other tanks are teleporting and game is unplayable. I have tested my internet connection, temperatures of GPU and CPU, voltages and hardware. Reinstalled windows as well. All seems to be working well. Problem is, that this "lag" is starting in random moments and last from 30s to few minutes. I was playing daily since august with no problem at all.

CPU: Intel® Core2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz
Mainboard: MSI 7235
Graphic: GF 8600 GT
System: Win XP sp2

Any help will be much appreciated.

Pulento #7 Posted Mar 19 2011 - 16:53

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 13135 battles
Hello

I will quote "Cichy_" cause I have the exact same problem.

"It all started at the beginning of march. Randomly I got lags in game. Tank is responding with 2-3 seconds delay, other tanks are teleporting and game is unplayable. I have tested my internet connection, temperatures of GPU and CPU, voltages and hardware. All seems to be working well. Problem is, that this "lag" is starting in random moments and last from 30s to few minutes."

I'm a Beta Tester since June 2010 and I was playing almost daily with no problem at all.

My PC specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 940
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Sapphire HD 4870 1GB
G.Skill PI Black 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800
Corsair CMPSU-520HX 520W Modular

O.S.: Windows 7 Ultimate

I set the game graphics to Medium but did not make any difference.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cichy_ #8 Posted Mar 27 2011 - 16:57

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
It looks like two graphic options caused problem in my case - object LOD and draw distance. Lag is gone after I switched them to low.

Fusillade762 #9 Posted Mar 31 2011 - 00:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 1842 battles
I have this problem as well.  I don't think it's a server load issue, because I play almost exclusively late at night (11pm - 4am PST).  And it's all or nothing for me: either the whole round is unplayable or it's smooth as silk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users