Tier 2 Light Mk. VIC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

Flametz #1 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 7117 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
http://gamemodels3d....s/vehicles/b214
armor models (lol what armor?) can be found on the left side under "Models"
in case the link is removed by a certain mod... :
Light Mk. VIC:
Tier 2-3 MM
15mm BESA MG
150 Health
What armor? (similar to tetrarch)
40 traverse speed
52.5 km/h speed limit
88 HP engine
5-ton tank.
300 view range
dunno if another gift tank, but listed as 750 gold as its price.
Sounds interesting, though I'm going to stay away from it seeing that it's practically a clone of the T7 combat car, stuffed in the British line.
I only got to experience the BESA once, oh lawl so fun, but the reload kills it.

Edited by Flametz, Nov 14 2013 - 23:41.

nineshotwonder #2 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 14488 battles
  • [KURO] KURO
Maybe this will be the Christmas/ New Years gift tank this year.

SULOMON #3 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 6209 battles

View Postnineshotwonder, on Nov 14 2013 - 23:44, said:

Most likely.

Ogopogo #4 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 23:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19235 battles
  • [NTR] NTR

View PostFlametz, on Nov 14 2013 - 23:36, said:

Sounds interesting, though I'm going to stay away from it seeing that it's practically a clone of the T7 combat car, stuffed in the British line.
I only got to experience the BESA once, oh lawl so fun, but the reload kills it.

I think the Light Mk. VIC will manage to be better than the T7 combat car, looking at its stats on gamemodels.

mongoosejake #5 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 17630 battles
  • [S-F] S-F
One big thing this would have as an advantage over the T7 is decent speed. 52kph is quite a bit better than 38kph. Still, as a premium with a limited penetration gun I'd expect them to fix its MM at tier 2 only, be surprising if they left it with tier 2 & 3.

With that bad of armor, I can't wait for them to be introduced... My T7 will love them (as will my H35, lol).

Super_Noodle #6 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 04:38

Captain

• Wiki Staff
  • 10584 battles

View Postnineshotwonder, on Nov 14 2013 - 23:44, said:

I kinda hope they don't.  They really should use this tank to start a new branch in the British tree with the Tet and Harry Hopkins.

View Postmongoosejake, on Nov 16 2013 - 18:12, said:

One big thing this would have as an advantage over the T7 is decent speed. 52kph is quite a bit better than 38kph. Still, as a premium with a limited penetration gun I'd expect them to fix its MM at tier 2 only, be surprising if they left it with tier 2 & 3.

With that bad of armor, I can't wait for them to be introduced... My T7 will love them (as will my H35, lol).

It wouldn't be faster if WG used the T7's historically accurate top speed...

mongoosejake #7 Posted Nov 29 2013 - 03:06

Major

• Players
  • 17630 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostSuper_Noodle, on Nov 27 2013 - 04:38, said:

It wouldn't be faster if WG used the T7's historically accurate top speed...

Understood, I was among the early ones to question why they weren't using the historical speed. It was capable of over 50kph on tracks, and around 80 on its wheels. The 38 kph is a figure that the Chieftan stated was for "proper handling, as the vehicle became unstable past that point in offroad driving". So would most all tracked vehicles unless the terrain was very smooth.

Try driving anything that's tracked at a decent speed, it's rough.

Super_Noodle #8 Posted Dec 01 2013 - 23:48

Captain

• Wiki Staff
  • 10584 battles

View Postmongoosejake, on Nov 29 2013 - 03:06, said:

Understood, I was among the early ones to question why they weren't using the historical speed. It was capable of over 50kph on tracks, and around 80 on its wheels. The 38 kph is a figure that the Chieftan stated was for "proper handling, as the vehicle became unstable past that point in offroad driving". So would most all tracked vehicles unless the terrain was very smooth.

Try driving anything that's tracked at a decent speed, it's rough.

Why then is it ok then for the Panzer 1C (or the numerous other thanks that can go that fast)?  I understand tanks become unstable when driven that quickly, but that's part of the challenge of driving light tanks - knowing when you can barrel at something at full speed and when you can't.

mongoosejake #9 Posted Dec 03 2013 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 17630 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostSuper_Noodle, on Dec 01 2013 - 23:48, said:

Why then is it ok then for the Panzer 1C (or the numerous other thanks that can go that fast)?  I understand tanks become unstable when driven that quickly, but that's part of the challenge of driving light tanks - knowing when you can barrel at something at full speed and when you can't.

I don't disagree with you at all. My feeling is that if the developers want to quote "historical accuracy" for most top speeds, they should stick to that for all. The T7 and Hellcat get their speeds lowered for no other reason aside from "that's the speed they were stable at offroad" while others get to keep the top speed they were capable of.

My post above was me simply re-stating the reason the Chieftan gave for the T7's limited speed. I personally feel that they didn't want to give us another extremely effective tank (aka the Tetrarch), as the T7 combining its machine gun with its historical high top speed would be quite deadly in tier 2.

My statement of driving tracked vehicles off road comes from firsthand experience, but I wasn't disagreeing that he T7 shouldn't have gotten its actual 56kph (on tracks) speed, but rather that any basic tracked vehicle is rough at speed on rough terrain. I think that the same rule should apply to all tanks in the game, just give them their historical top speed, period.

Does make me look forward to this little British tank though, as I love my little T7.

CM_Kruger #10 Posted Dec 15 2013 - 12:59

Captain

• Players
  • 10889 battles
A post on the EU portal just went up confirming that the Mk VIC is the gift tank we're getting this year.

havoc313 #11 Posted Dec 15 2013 - 17:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9946 battles
yeah a crew trainer for my british light tanks

Irsh #12 Posted Dec 15 2013 - 23:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 10553 battles
  • [FYYFF] FYYFF
I'm not sure why WG demands historical values for some stats but not others. This is not a sim. just balance the vehicles and move on.

Sir_Texas_Sir #13 Posted Dec 17 2013 - 03:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 17126 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View Posthavoc313, on Dec 15 2013 - 10:59, said:

yeah a crew trainer for my british light tanks

I'm just glad its a british tank....I have way to many Russian Light tanks and now starting to be the same with the US line for light Prem.

doonglerules #14 Posted Dec 17 2013 - 03:44

Major

• Players
  • 5631 battles
The BESA is the brit's answer to the 50. cal on the T7 Car. Just with 2mm more pen (give or take) and an ounce more damage

Clash_12 #15 Posted Dec 20 2013 - 10:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10780 battles
  • [NZ-T] NZ-T

View PostIrsh, on Dec 15 2013 - 23:29, said:

I'm not sure why WG demands historical values for some stats but not others. This is not a sim. just balance the vehicles and move on.

They need to compete with Wartunder, if they do have any historical value then this i'snt a WWI to Korean war arcade tank game. its just a made up game that no one will spend money on

_Dreadnaught_ #16 Posted Dec 20 2013 - 11:12

Major

• Players
  • 32990 battles
  • [WANTD] WANTD

View Postnineshotwonder, on Nov 14 2013 - 17:44, said:

It is.

_Dreadnaught_ #17 Posted Dec 20 2013 - 11:14

Major

• Players
  • 32990 battles
  • [WANTD] WANTD

New Year's Tank: December 25 - January 16

Log in to World of Tanks between December 25  and January 16 to receive your New Year's gift: the Light Mk. VIC!

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/holiday-specials-2013/

IceOtter #18 Posted Dec 22 2013 - 08:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31098 battles
  • [-LOS-] -LOS-

View Postmongoosejake, on Dec 03 2013 - 16:06, said:

Why then is it ok then for the Panzer 1C (or the numerous other thanks that can go that fast)? I understand tanks become unstable when driven that quickly, but that's part of the challenge of driving light tanks - knowing when you can barrel at something at full speed and when you can't.

I don't disagree with you at all. My feeling is that if the developers want to quote "historical accuracy" for most top speeds, they should stick to that for all. The T7 and Hellcat get their speeds lowered for no other reason aside from "that's the speed they were stable at offroad" while others get to keep the top speed they were capable of.
My post above was me simply re-stating the reason the Chieftan gave for the T7's limited speed. I personally feel that they didn't want to give us another extremely effective tank (aka the Tetrarch), as the T7 combining its machine gun with its historical high top speed would be quite deadly in tier 2.
My statement of driving tracked vehicles off road comes from firsthand experience, but I wasn't disagreeing that he T7 shouldn't have gotten its actual 56kph (on tracks) speed, but rather that any basic tracked vehicle is rough at speed on rough terrain. I think that the same rule should apply to all tanks in the game, just give them their historical top speed, period.
Does make me look forward to this little British tank though, as I love my little T7.

I think you are right on when you say the designers had ulterior motives on the speed of the T7.  The fact that this vehicle can't pen the T18 from anywhere except a very specific point at the rear and that the T7 isn't fast/maneuverable enough to get behind any decent T18 driver is proof they wanted a fail-safe mechanism. Look no further than the fact that the T7 was played like mad for about a week before T18's and Pz II's (and even M2's) started trolling that tier hard. After that the T7 was like a dinosaur born one week before the asteroid struck - living on borrowed time. Don't get me wrong - I thought the T7 was funner than hell, and I'd never sell it, but I hated going up against tanks that I couldn't pen from the side, or even rear, at point blank range and being totally reliant on the rest of the team to clear these vehicles. I play solo pubs 99% of the time and at that tier you have a lot of players learning to tie their shoes. I have not played that tank in some time now - ever since I got my Ace Tanker badge. I'd like to think I'll come back to it at some point but I have a feeling new tanks with similar characteristics and fewer weaknesses will garner my attention. The Light MK. VIC sounds like just such a tank. 

gemyniraptor86 #19 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 08:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 3244 battles
  • [BORA] BORA

Playing the T7 and playing the Vickers Light VIC I found the Vickers a superior tank. It isn't there for killing directly, but its speed, camo rating and view range make it a fine spotter for the T@ line. Its decent speed makes all the difference in the comparison. Combine with the fact that the T7 had an abominable view range, the thing couldn't even scout/snipe. The VIc can spot just fine. I slapped a camo net and some paint on it and it seems to hide really well. I bush hop with it, sprinting from concealment to concealment and spot for the arty and TDs. So far I like it much better than the T7. Its real achillies heel IMO is not the gun or armor, but its slow acceleration and poor offroad. Sure in a dead sprint over decent ground this thing out runs everything, but get it anywhere near mud and it slows right the hell down. As a WWII British historical fan, I was waiting for them to make this tank, unfortunately I'm long since through the Brit Light line. The gun can hurt T18 in a different way, it breaks mods really well, Sprint up to a T18 that isnt focused on you and spam it, and you'll track it for sure. you can hurt it 50% of the time from the side or really low on the front plate, but you dont want to sit there for long. KNow when to reload that gun. If you are hiding from fire for a bit, reload that mag back to full, because you do NOT want to getcaught reloading any other time.

gemyniraptor86 #20 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 08:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 3244 battles
  • [BORA] BORA

I will say though one other Achilles heel Ive found is the engine is in a prime spot to get hit a lot. invest in fire extinguishers if you plan on using this baby a lot.