T14 beast mode

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Alpha1Niner #61 Posted Jan 15 2014 - 17:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25922 battles
  • [TIP] TIP
I found you are better off with standard rounds if you are crazy enough to fire on distant targets with the T14. Definitely not a sniper. lol

Angry_Gimp #62 Posted Jan 15 2014 - 20:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23972 battles
Grrrr had a great match in this last night where I finally got a Top Gun and Steel Wall (1st top gun in T14 for me) but we lost because my team was horrible. I rolled through the other teams T14, T1 and KV1, 2200ish dmg.  I had 3 of my team mates (all tier 4) guarding our cap with one of their team (Tier 4 scout that hadn't been seen or damaged yet) left while I headed to our cap. By the time I got there their 1 scout had killed my 3 team mates and was on cap before I was and since I was almost across the map and on a hill I had no way of making it back when he started killing them.

__SNIPER__74 #63 Posted Jan 16 2014 - 04:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25383 battles
  • [F--H] F--H

Im all about gold spam but OP used massive amounts of apcr and the only tank he shot that needed it was the kv1. 

Epic fail

Alpha1Niner #64 Posted Jan 18 2014 - 20:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25922 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

I love it when people complain about gold rounds. We tankers look for any way we can get an advantage over our opponents. Seriously, some have it down to a science. I see gold rounds as any other upgrade. No different than uprated guns, tracks etc. To think otherwise would be hypocritical IMO.

But then, maybe I am just one of the very few that will openly admit to gold spamming. Sorry, but I am an open & honest kinda person.

Edited by Alpha1Niner, Jan 18 2014 - 20:53.

ValveGod #65 Posted Jan 19 2014 - 00:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17458 battles
I've only had a few games in my t14 since I picked it up for this sale it's on.  Have only fired APCR a handful of times, tier 6 can be handled without it and I tend to switch to HE before I touch APCR since it isn't very impressive to begin with.  Sidescrape like a boss, keep people tracked, know weak spots and it sure is a fun tank.  Definitely a good $5 spent or whatever 750 gold would come out to.

__SNIPER__74 #66 Posted Jan 19 2014 - 20:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25383 battles
  • [F--H] F--H

View PostAlpha1Niner, on Jan 18 2014 - 20:52, said:

I love it when people complain about gold rounds. We tankers look for any way we can get an advantage over our opponents. Seriously, some have it down to a science. I see gold rounds as any other upgrade. No different than uprated guns, tracks etc. To think otherwise would be hypocritical IMO.

But then, maybe I am just one of the very few that will openly admit to gold spamming. Sorry, but I am an open & honest kinda person.

you're missing the point - I'll spam gold with the best of them 

But,  If you have a 90mm pen gun, and the target you are shooting has 50mm or 60mm  in armor, what the hell is the point in spamming 125mm pen APCR? I mean, you spammed APCR against Marders and Pz Is LMAO

It's useless, expensive, and makes you look like a rank noob. Which I guess  in this case  is appropriate. 

Alpha1Niner #67 Posted Jan 19 2014 - 22:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25922 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

View PostAntosha_, on Jan 19 2014 - 13:14, said:

you're missing the point - I'll spam gold with the best of them 

But,  If you have a 90mm pen gun, and the target you are shooting has 50mm or 60mm  in armor, what the hell is the point in spamming 125mm pen APCR? I mean, you spammed APCR against Marders and Pz Is LMAO

It's useless, expensive, and makes you look like a rank noob. Which I guess  in this case  is appropriate. 

Maybe, but as I stated in my post, I was the ONLY tank from my team at the bridge. It was 7 on 1. I did what I did to win. Like it or not, doesnt matter.

Edited by Alpha1Niner, Jan 19 2014 - 22:13.

Silavite #68 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 07:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3791 battles

What annoys me is when I've outplayed someone, especially someone with better stats than me, and only to be smacked in the face with gold.

Yesterday I was on abbey in a T1 Heavy, north spawn and I went west. I got to the southern corner on the small hill to see two purple platooned T14's. My T1 was angled around the corner, and I was thinking, "Aha! They can't pen my frontal-"

We're hit!!!

I was so shocked as to be dumbfounded and died within a few seconds of the APCR spam. They didn't even try HE, or shooting at the driver hatch, turret ring, or going around the hill. They just went straight for gold as unicums. That is what disgusts me.

Edited by Silavite, Jan 20 2014 - 07:16.

Seraphil #69 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 08:43

Major

• Players
  • 17680 battles

View PostSilavite, on Jan 19 2014 - 22:16, said:

What annoys me is when I've outplayed someone, especially someone with better stats than me, and only to be smacked in the face with gold.

Yesterday I was on abbey in a T1 Heavy, north spawn and I went west. I got to the southern corner on the small hill to see two purple platooned T14's. My T1 was angled around the corner, and I was thinking, "Aha! They can't pen my frontal-"

We're hit!!!

I was so shocked as to be dumbfounded and died within a few seconds of the APCR spam. They didn't even try HE, or shooting at the driver hatch, turret ring, or going around the hill. They just went straight for gold as unicums. That is what disgusts me.

The T14's gun is too unreliable with standard AP to try and nail the T1's frontal weakspot or turret ring due to it's pen being barely higher than the T1's front armor and the gun having mediocre accuracy.  I would have spammed APCR into your T1's frontal too.

In fact, I'd rather use my APCR on a T1 than a KV-1.  At least with the KV the weakspots are much easier to hit, there's more of them, and the base armor is low enough relative to the T14's AP round penetration to know I can pen on a regular basis.

Alpha1Niner #70 Posted Feb 04 2014 - 08:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25922 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

You hit the nail on the head with that one Seraphil. The T14 is one of my only tanks that I default to GR. Well, unless its a t3-t5 match. I have been platooning with a pretty good player lately and I have learned a lot. MY stats are climbing and my gold use is dropping significantly. 

The best thing you can do for a person is stop insulting, and start educating IMO. You may even make a friend along the way. Ray (platoon mate) and I are friends now, even if he is Canadian. ;)

JRos83 #71 Posted Feb 11 2014 - 04:29

Major

• Players
  • 7691 battles
  • [_RG_] _RG_
I love my T14 and will never get rid of it. Makes great money for me, deflects practically everything, great trainer for US heavy tank crewmen... Love it. LOVE IT.

rodzilla01mccloud #72 Posted May 15 2016 - 09:54

Private

• Players
  • 25322 battles
I've had a T14 for a few years now.  You can have a good game with it but not consistently.  The armor can bounce a lot of standard ammo that is fired at you but once the enemy changes to gold rds most heavies and mediums can pen you at will.  The traverse speed is awful allowing you to be easily flanked by light and medium tanks which experienced players are looking to do.  They know this tank can be tracked fairly easily as well.  When firing your gun with standard ammo vs most heavies you will bounce rd after rd due the poor accuracy and very low penetration of the gun.  If you have taken light damage and run into the O I, it can one shot you at that point and always two shot kill you. Almost any tier 6 tanks can out perform this tank with ease.   Your win rate will definitely go down with this tank.  While you get extra crew EXP due to the overall  poor performance of this tank I don't really believe its much better than playing your crew in the normal tank.  I would strongly recommend that you do not buy this tank and buy a tank that performs better than this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users