Minor League Discussion with RedPrince42

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

bijan #1 Posted Nov 18 2013 - 18:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 4095 battles
Greetings Tankers,

We recently interviewed RedPrince42. He has been a member of the Championship Series leagues since the beginning and he writes weekly updates on the Minor League. Here's what he had to say about the Minor League.

Feel free to discuss in this thread.

Aldaeus #2 Posted Nov 18 2013 - 22:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14039 battles
  • [-ZZ-] -ZZ-
I think the feedback is well thought out for the questions about the other teams, I'd like to point out though to RedPrince42 that he faced our team (Sharp Dressed Men) night 1, on what was our worst map until we got a significant amount of practice on it before it came up again in the rotation. I do agree we struggle against some of the top teams, but it really comes down to the play style of the team.

City maps aren't what we're best at, we're a team that excels on open maps like Steppes, Ruinberg, Cliff, and Prokhorovka. Primarily because we're a team consisting of players that are highly experienced with auto-loaders, thus we like our open maps where we can use the speed, and burst to our advantage where we can afford to move in many directions if needed without being confined to corridors of attack.

I agree that some times we get pigeon toed into a strategy and when it doesn't work we try to make it work... the thing is after having this pointed out we'll probably focus on fixing that in the off season along with other issues we need to resolve.

We have improved our game using the new team battle system with city maps recently and intend to keep to the same tournament times to run our weekly practice nights and to run through the maps until the next season starts, then they'll go to being after or before the tournament time.

I hope that KRT pulls itself up enough that it will remain in the minors, and that next season we face off again with a different map, because I'd look forward to the challenge they presented to us on Ensk, and would like to present the same kind of challenge to them on one of our better maps.

With regards, Aldaeus, Captain of team Sharp Dressed Men.

RedPrince42 #3 Posted Nov 18 2013 - 22:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31941 battles
  • [KRT] KRT
This is the kind of dedication I love to see (Team Battle Mode, and other training).

I do realize that we saw you very very early on. We'll do our best to get back in it for next season, because I'd love to accept your challenge. Good luck tonight against the Gentlemen, Aldaeus.

TurboT #4 Posted Nov 19 2013 - 00:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28220 battles
  • [BOSS] BOSS
Redprince42,

Thanks for showing the dedication to our league and spending the time you do on it.  I know most of us who've been active in the forums have appreciated your write ups, predictions and standings.

Kudo's to WG for giving you some website print time for your efforts, it can only help your chances of attracting positive attention to your clan and team.

Because this league isn't broadcast, things happen in these games that unless you experience it, you would never know.  I believe these things to be the wildcards you couldn't possibly predict.  I'm sure us @ BOSS Gaming are not alone in those strange happenings.  We don't like to make excuses so we don't air out stuff that happened internally (players not able to play certain matches, teamspeak crashes. etc)

I can't argue with your predictions. They are solid arguments, and the same would be used for any Vegas bookie setting odds to win.   We will do our best to prove you wrong!

Again. Excellent work to you all season.  It's too bad we likely won't be in the same league next year.

-TT

SILVER_FOX413 #5 Posted Nov 19 2013 - 00:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18565 battles
  • [53RD] 53RD
A great read.

fostakid #6 Posted Nov 19 2013 - 01:45

Corporal

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 13038 battles
Thanks for the dedication RedPrince, and I think special thanks are also in order for bijan and any other WGA employees who gave Red Prince this opportunity, it's a nice gesture to see on your part

BL4CK_SH33P #7 Posted Nov 19 2013 - 02:30

Captain

• Players
  • 15078 battles
Now who are they gonna interview for the open league? Possibly all the top 10 captains from open league?

GLM_ #8 Posted Nov 19 2013 - 02:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17972 battles
I don't know if they will interview the captains because red prince is in KRT as captain but he deserved to be interviewed because if you go through the minor league forums you will see what he does everyday and we people appreciate it.

RedPrince42 #9 Posted Nov 19 2013 - 02:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31941 battles
  • [KRT] KRT
To all of my worshipers . . . uh, I mean fans . . . errrr, supporters that is . . . it's been a lot of fun, and I'm glad I was able to make the season more enjoyable for everyone involved. Really felt like a league this time around, rather than just a bunch of teams fighting matches every few days. Thanks to all.

_Zesty_ #10 Posted Nov 19 2013 - 03:54

Major

• Players
  • 28070 battles
I think most of the rest of the teams who may be contenders for it. If I had to choose one of them I’d probably pick the 13SOS Space Dragons. But most of the rest of these guys are in a holding pattern. I think several of the other teams will move up in the league but not to the majors.
Lol sucks... Great job all the teams though, we had fun and goodluck next seasons!

Holy crap, I just remembered KRT was the team that I was being a douche to.
So sorry I will work on my sportsmanship.
Posted Image

Edited by zstsz, Nov 19 2013 - 05:39.

Slone #11 Posted Nov 20 2013 - 01:08

Captain

• Players
  • 20128 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postzstsz, on Nov 19 2013 - 03:54, said:

Holy crap, I just remembered KRT was the team that I was being a douche to.
So sorry I will work on my sportsmanship.

What complete and utter BS. Admit the truth, you were scared spitless by my MS-1 of Death and you saw your death before your eyes as I facehugged you and pushed you over half the map. The only thing that saved you was the fact that I ran out of gold ammo, 50 or 100 more premium shells and I'd have left you a smoking wreck. So hide behind your false humility all that you want, but those of us who were actually IN that battle know the TRUTH.

:tongue:

RedPrince42 #12 Posted Nov 20 2013 - 01:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31941 battles
  • [KRT] KRT

View PostSlone, on Nov 20 2013 - 01:08, said:

What complete and utter BS. Admit the truth, you were scared spitless by my MS-1 of Death and you saw your death before your eyes as I facehugged you and pushed you over half the map. The only thing that saved you was the fact that I ran out of gold ammo, 50 or 100 more premium shells and I'd have left you a smoking wreck. So hide behind your false humility all that you want, but those of us who were actually IN that battle know the TRUTH.

:tongue:

Uh . . . Slone . . . you do realize the MS-1 only carries 54 rounds, right?

tankhunter406 #13 Posted Nov 20 2013 - 01:22

Private

• Players
  • 10258 battles

View PostRedPrince42, on Nov 20 2013 - 01:16, said:

Uh . . . Slone . . . you do realize the MS-1 only carries 54 rounds, right?

Yes but the MS-1 has a hidden cache of super rounds that no one truly knows about.
:hiding:

bootyshackthedootiefIack #14 Posted Nov 23 2013 - 19:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17696 battles
Loved the read! Thank you for the kind words <3

War_Daddy33 #15 Posted Dec 02 2013 - 21:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57951 battles
  • [W_P] W_P
So, RedPrince, who is this statement referring too? That is an answer to one of the questions. After you answer then we will discuss further.

I know that one of the open league teams is a break away clan from ours. They haven’t been doing that great. But if we end up in the open league we’ll compete.

War_Daddy33 #16 Posted Dec 17 2013 - 02:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57951 battles
  • [W_P] W_P

RedPrince, You were given a chance to answer this topic, but you chose to hide. You had no reason, what so ever, to even mention anything about another clan. Why you chose to take a cheap shot at anyone just goes to your true character; as a leader and as a person.

You can kiss all the butt in this game and fool all these people all you want, but we were with you and know you. This little break away clan that you speak of is doing just fine despite yours and your "leaders" best efforts not to share information with us. We, instead, had to find out the information ourselves and even teach your "leaders" a thing or two.

So, while you say I was rude, I was not the one taking shots in an interview. So, take that for what it's worth!

RedPrince42 #17 Posted Dec 17 2013 - 02:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31941 battles
  • [KRT] KRT

thurty3, I'm sorry you took that to heart. All I said was that the team wasn't doing so well at the moment, which it wasn't. If you read the whole article, you'll notice I also talked about how the KRT team was not doing as well as I'd hoped. I was asked to do the interview to give a little insight into what things looked like in the Minor League from the inside. In fact, I had every reason to mention other clans and other teams. That's what the interview was about.

As to the other things your speaking about, I won't dignify it with a response. I'm sorry you don't like me. That's life.

-RedPrince42

War_Daddy33 #18 Posted Dec 17 2013 - 02:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57951 battles
  • [W_P] W_P
All you did was look at the record. That does not signify anything. You have no idea how we were doing as a group in our battles; especially ones we lost. You had no business even mentioning us. Had you asked one of us how were doing that's one thing. You spoke about something you had ZERO knowledge of.

bootyshackthedootiefIack #19 Posted Dec 18 2013 - 15:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17696 battles

View Postthurty3, on Dec 16 2013 - 20:55, said:

All you did was look at the record. That does not signify anything. You have no idea how we were doing as a group in our battles; especially ones we lost. You had no business even mentioning us. Had you asked one of us how were doing that's one thing. You spoke about something you had ZERO knowledge of.

With respect, the record does signify many things. RedPrince was not bashing, he simply stated the truth to the best of his ability from his perspective. Even the teams that "did not do well" this season were not disrespected in this piece. It sounds to me like the truth has you a little defensive and you're projecting your frustration onto the person writing this article because you did not like to see the truth is black and white. Your record signifies ability, quality of play, team cohesion and synergy, and many other things. It does not take a genius to look at the league standing and see who was putting out consistent success, and RedPrince had every right to point out that certain teams were not performing at an optimum level(which he even did in reference to his own). This is just a case of fair and balanced journalism, and speaking as co-founder of "Victorious secret" I found it was pretty accurate journalism. Now I'll say this, You can't always know exactly what to expect from a team in regards to their style of play. level of aggression, and flexibility on the map in question. I am in the habit of treating every team we played during the entirety of this past season like they are the WGLNA back to back Defending champions "Fulcrum Gaming". That's just the way I do things. I don't believe in looking at our upcoming matches and preparing less or not at all because a team is in the middle to lower half of the overall standings. That's how you accrue unnecessary losses. A lot of those teams are fighting very desperately to stay in the minors and want that so very badly that you can drop a game to that kind of character and resolve very easily. VS in fact lost several of its initial encounters with mid-ranking teams that we found surprisingly formidable, but were able to overcome and win out the match.  This is where I do not agree with you Thurty3. This piece of journalism was fair and honest, and whether or not a team is doing well is a matter of perspective. Now for you personally, perhaps your team did a lot of growing and you yourself are satisfied with their performance whatever that may have been (referring to overall record).

Bottom line is the numbers don't lie, and this is just the nature of journalism my friend. Not everyone is going to be happy.  Even with our stellar performance this season, there's nothing stopping redprince or anyone for that matter to pick us apart and talk about "Victorious Secret" having "Sloppy play" or getting into "lucky over-match situations" all the time; "They wont last long in the majors" etc.... even good teams can take that kind of negative coverage from their peers, which did not happen here for any of the teams. To look at a teams record and say they did not do very well because they are in the lower section of the standings or being relegated is a fair statement to make, because it's the truth. The truth just has a habit of stinging. My team had aspirations of skipping Major League(now Silver ) but we got knocked out in both of the Finals for both qualifiers 1 and 2 for wglna. For the most part people were supportive and praised us for that accomplishment in itself, but there are those who have said to "Stick with the lower leagues" and "you guys looked sloppy" for example.

People are going to have opinions, truths, and things to say that you are not going to like regardless of whether or not you Win or Lose.  There are those who would roll over and die as well as those who would aspire to persevere and overcome such attitudes to emerge victorious. Which would you like to be?

Edited by EDBOT, Dec 18 2013 - 15:41.

War_Daddy33 #20 Posted Dec 18 2013 - 16:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57951 battles
  • [W_P] W_P

View PostEDBOT, on Dec 18 2013 - 14:35, said:

With respect, the record does signify many things. RedPrince was not bashing, he simply stated the truth to the best of his ability from his perspective. Even the teams that "did not do well" this season were not disrespected in this piece. It sounds to me like the truth has you a little defensive and you're projecting your frustration onto the person writing this article because you did not like to see the truth is black and white. Your record signifies ability, quality of play, team cohesion and synergy, and many other things. It does not take a genius to look at the league standing and see who was putting out consistent success, and RedPrince had every right to point out that certain teams were not performing at an optimum level(which he even did in reference to his own). This is just a case of fair and balanced journalism, and speaking as co-founder of "Victorious secret" I found it was pretty accurate journalism. Now I'll say this, You can't always know exactly what to expect from a team in regards to their style of play. level of aggression, and flexibility on the map in question. I am in the habit of treating every team we played during the entirety of this past season like they are the WGLNA back to back Defending champions "Fulcrum Gaming". That's just the way I do things. I don't believe in looking at our upcoming matches and preparing less or not at all because a team is in the middle to lower half of the overall standings. That's how you accrue unnecessary losses. A lot of those teams are fighting very desperately to stay in the minors and want that so very badly that you can drop a game to that kind of character and resolve very easily. VS in fact lost several of its initial encounters with mid-ranking teams that we found surprisingly formidable, but were able to overcome and win out the match.  This is where I do not agree with you Thurty3. This piece of journalism was fair and honest, and whether or not a team is doing well is a matter of perspective. Now for you personally, perhaps your team did a lot of growing and you yourself are satisfied with their performance whatever that may have been (referring to overall record).

Bottom line is the numbers don't lie, and this is just the nature of journalism my friend. Not everyone is going to be happy.  Even with our stellar performance this season, there's nothing stopping redprince or anyone for that matter to pick us apart and talk about "Victorious Secret" having "Sloppy play" or getting into "lucky over-match situations" all the time; "They wont last long in the majors" etc.... even good teams can take that kind of negative coverage from their peers, which did not happen here for any of the teams. To look at a teams record and say they did not do very well because they are in the lower section of the standings or being relegated is a fair statement to make, because it's the truth. The truth just has a habit of stinging. My team had aspirations of skipping Major League(now Silver ) but we got knocked out in both of the Finals for both qualifiers 1 and 2 for wglna. For the most part people were supportive and praised us for that accomplishment in itself, but there are those who have said to "Stick with the lower leagues" and "you guys looked sloppy" for example.

People are going to have opinions, truths, and things to say that you are not going to like regardless of whether or not you Win or Lose.  There are those who would roll over and die as well as those who would aspire to persevere and overcome such attitudes to emerge victorious. Which would you like to be?

Sir, given the past history, it was out of bounds. It was a nasty split from that clan, and we took it as a cheap shot. You can still do very well in matches that you do lose. Wins and losses does not tell the whole story. Only places you into a standings for an end finish.

You talk to any of the teams we played I am sure they will tell you that we played very well. We did learn a lot from those teams as well.

Bottom line, RedPrince took this avenue to take a cheap shot at a group that left his clan because they would not bow down to his dictatorship leaders. That is a fact. The fact is, he did not have to mention anything about a "break away" clan at all. That singled out a group that had a disagreement with their style and left because of it. That is not good journalism; That is being vindictive.

So, while I respect your opinion, I do disagree with it.

We have played VS several times and have done pretty good. I think we may have even won a few.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users