Xbox 360 and Xbox One

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

JohnWar #1 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 16:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 8310 battles
  • [CTF] CTF
Hi

I am not sure about this topic but it is the only place I am able to post it.  I am thinking of getting a new computer specifically to play WoT.  I noted it can be played on Xbox 360, some computers seem to an Xbox 360 program.  Could I get any input on this and/or suggestions on gaming computers?  I am also considering Alien Ware.

annaconda #2 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 17:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14074 battles
first off the Xbox server is seperate and its own game second get a darn PC and third i thinck offtopic would be better for you on this topic

DaddyTin #3 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 17:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15468 battles
  • [GLION] GLION

View PostJohnWar, on Nov 27 2013 - 16:57, said:

Hi

I am not sure about this topic but it is the only place I am able to post it.  I am thinking of getting a new computer specifically to play WoT.  I noted it can be played on Xbox 360, some computers seem to an Xbox 360 program.  Could I get any input on this and/or suggestions on gaming computers?  I am also considering Alien Ware.

Besides getting a system from a vender to game on, you can check out the builds on various You Build It Sites for a budget gamer.

Maximum PC has some great articles and shows you step by step how to assemble the referenced build: Linky

hoosurdaddy13 #4 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 17:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10751 battles
Build one, but if you want to just buy a gaming rig already put together check out Doghouse Systems. I know a few friends that have them and say their pretty kick ass rigs. They are a bit more expensive though, but from what I've been told are worth it.

I also have a couple friends that have Alienware rigs and are really happy with them as well.

yoyoya2 #5 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 17:21

Captain

• Players
  • 15201 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3
don't get alienware you can get much better for cheaper maybe cyberpowerpc

1SLUGGO1 #6 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 17:31

Major

• Players
  • 18221 battles
  • [NPEEK] NPEEK

View PostJohnWar, on Nov 27 2013 - 16:57, said:

Hi

Xbox 360 game requires a subscription to play, so technically, it isn't free (although a great number of people who have the 360 with hypothetically have a sub anyway).  So in addition to getting an xbox, you would have to get a sub.  The playerbase is not shared from pc to xbox, totally different servers, graphics, and so on.  Basically, except for the name and play, it is a totally separate game.

As far as computers go, you will save several hundred bucks by doing some research and building a computer yourself.  You will also build the computer exactly how you want it, instead of simply getting whatever a vendor or third party builder uses.

One thing to note specifically, is you can recycle parts from your old computer if you build your own.  For example, using the old hard drive for your os, and using your faster hard drive for games and such.

That being said, if money is no issue, then go ahead and save yourself time and effort and pay someone to do it for you.  I would suggest visiting as many vendors and builders as you can, so you don't end up getting ripped or finding yourself with bad support if something goes wrong.

Kamahl1234 #7 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 11888 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ

View Posthoosurdaddy13, on Nov 27 2013 - 17:16, said:

Build one, but if you want to just buy a gaming rig already put together check out Doghouse Systems. I know a few friends that have them and say their pretty kick ass rigs. They are a bit more expensive though, but from what I've been told are worth it.

I also have a couple friends that have Alienware rigs and are really happy with them as well.
But... But... Alienware is the "Macs" of the gaming world.....

Seriously, 2000$ for a system that's only advantage over a 1500$ system is blinky LEDs....

Madtrap #8 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 18:11

Private

• Players
  • 1901 battles
Intellivision was the last console I bought ,still works but overheats after while ,LOL

Arachnicus #9 Posted Nov 27 2013 - 19:17

Captain

• Players
  • 9581 battles
  • [DARKS] DARKS
Wow, buy a PC just to play a game?  Hey, why not if you have that kind of disposable income.

Personally I wouldn't buy a desktop for one game especially with desktops and laptops tumbling toward extinction.  Yeah, I'm sure gaming PC's, parts, and developers will still make them if the demand stays where it is, but it's hard to tell with the speed of technology.

A lot of these developers are concentrating on console and mobile device versions of their games due to plummeting desktop sales.  

I would take some time and think about investing in something where the future of it is unknown and debatable.  You may also find that a console has more uses.