Replay Mod Question

Replay mod

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

Kosaro #1 Posted Nov 28 2013 - 05:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 5646 battles
  • [B13TH] B13TH
Right now, the replay options are very limited. It would appear that adding a mod that improves it (watching from perspectives of different players, free roam, rewinding a couple seconds, etc.) wouldn't be particularly difficult. After all the replays are independent of the server, so there shouldn't any difficulties there. However, a quick search brought up nothing of the sort, only mods which organize replays.

This is hardly an original idea, so I was surprised when I didn't find anything. Am I missing something big, or has nobody taken the time to make one?

AMartin223 #2 Posted Nov 28 2013 - 05:32

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 12239 battles
  • [T1C] T1C

View PostKosaro, on Nov 28 2013 - 05:27, said:

Right now, the replay options are very limited. It would appear that adding a mod that improves it (watching from perspectives of different players, free roam, rewinding a couple seconds, etc.) wouldn't be particularly difficult. After all the replays are independent of the server, so there shouldn't any difficulties there. However, a quick search brought up nothing of the sort, only mods which organize replays.

This is hardly an original idea, so I was surprised when I didn't find anything. Am I missing something big, or has nobody taken the time to make one?

Watching from the perspectives of different players is actually impossible; the replay file only records the perspective of the original viewing.  There is a free cam mod, and your left arrow key allows you to skip back 10? (maybe 30) seconds.  

Re the free cam mod, it's illegal during regular matches, so it's hard to come by.  Most casters have a copy, so if you really want one you could probably hit one of them up for it.