Client Crash on Start up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

theot13 #1 Posted Mar 14 2011 - 18:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 6767 battles
So from the beginning of this process I've had a bunch of problems trying to get this game going. I 1st ran into problems trying to get the client installed like everyone else. After clicking the WoT_beta_0.6.3.8_com_setup to start the install, nothing would happen. So I opened up Task manager to see if anything was actually going on. Turns out that the installation was a process so at least I knew it was trying to load or already loaded and not showing. So After giving it a min or two it finally popped up. So I proceeded with my install. After finally getting everything squared away I tried to launch the client. Now this is where the real trouble begins. The client crashes every time before anything even shows. I just keep getting an error message from my pc telling me it crashed. I don't even get to see the client. So I went to the support section and followed everything here https://support.worl...e&kbarticleid=2 but still no help.

So I re-installed the client and now I'm getting a completely different error message:

c:\games\World_of_Tanks_closed_beta\WOTLauncher.exe

This service cannot accept control messages at this time.

So can anyone help?

Thanks

Lert #2 Posted Mar 14 2011 - 19:02

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44684 battles
Are you running it as administrator?

theot13 #3 Posted Mar 14 2011 - 19:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 6767 battles

View PostLert, on Mar 14 2011 - 19:02, said:

Are you running it as administrator?

Well the last error messages has gone away after a restart and I'm back to just having a client crash. To answer your questions, yes, I right clicked and tried run as administrator and the same client crash error message pops up.

theot13 #4 Posted Mar 14 2011 - 22:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 6767 battles
http://img859.images...i/woterror.jpg/

Here's a screen shot of the error if it helps any.

Also I have Windows Vista 32 bit

theot13 #5 Posted Mar 14 2011 - 23:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 6767 battles
Problem solved. Apperently the WOTLauncher that was placed on my desktop isnt the correct application for starting the client. So I used the WorldofTanks application in the Wot folder instead and it started up just fine. This is all thanks to my little bro who pointed this out to me hahaha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users