Post Processing issue and question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Boots #1 Posted Mar 16 2011 - 23:04

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11700 battles
  • [HVK-X] HVK-X
Just a quick question for someone that can give a 100% correct answer. What exactly does Post Processing do in World of Tanks. I'm really just curious, but also because when I turn it on past low I get a blur/out of focus effect to much of the field of view, however Advanced Post Processing works great for me. I won't bother with my system specs but the issue effects my system equally if I have all video option turned to low or off or if I have all maxed out as I usually do.

ZombieFlanders #2 Posted Mar 16 2011 - 23:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12387 battles
pretty sure that regular post processing is essentially a bloom effect.  this make things look slightly reflective to light sources and glow, but it can make things fuzzy.  advanced PP is more of a HDR effect that does the same thing as bloom but more effectively.  things arent as blurry, but the game cant use normal AA when this is enabled (a limitation with the dx9 coding of the game i believe).  you can use edge detect AA. or force AA  in you graphics card control panel (forcing AA loses tank outlines for some though).

Boots #3 Posted Mar 16 2011 - 23:27

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11700 battles
  • [HVK-X] HVK-X
Thanks Flanders, that makes sense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users