Noob gameplay beginner rant arty scout skills potato newbie flame

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

Caskie1_Actual #21 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 19:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD
for those who don't know about Lert's articles, here's the link.  Learn them, Live them, Love them....

http://forum.worldof...tion-of-guides/

Lert #22 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 19:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44684 battles

View PostCaskie1_Actual, on Dec 04 2013 - 19:23, said:

..... this should be a team game (operative word - should), and if a team mate is close to getting an achievement, I'd like him to get it.  <snip> I'm not sure it's a question of position so much as being a good sport.
Should, yes. Most people still play this as an inidividual game, though. Yeah, you give someone his RW if you feel he deserves it, so do I, but that doesn't mean that you should fault players for not doing so. They're also trying to get kills, they're also trying to get damage out, they're also playing this game.
A TG or RW that I fully deserved by getting all the kills myself without being handed them by my team feels so much better anyways. I don't get a sense of accomplishment from holding out my hand and being handed something, and I don't expect people to do so.
There is no rule about them having to give you your last kill. Most of the time they don't even realize that you're that close to your meaingless, silly, fake internet pixel medal in the first place. I can't demand random pubbies to look at their entire team's roster to see who has how many kills, and where they are on the map, before every time they shoot to kill; I'd rather just have that enemy tank gone, instead.

GuySenseiRocks #23 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 19:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11579 battles

View PostSULOMON, on Dec 04 2013 - 18:29, said:

I shoot my gun at the beginning of the match so I have something to do.

And that is why I have a 39% hit ratio. coupled with pz i c and arty that is.

Darkbee2Bee #24 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 33198 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
All true facts.  Well done!  +1
You could probably go for a top 30:
Why do noobs peek slightly out of a bush rather than sitting 15m behind it?
Why do noobs defend or attack a base one at a time and die, one-by-one in the process?
Why do noobs exhibit no other response stimuli other than when being shot at?
Why do noobs not know of the existence of the mini-map (see above)?
etc etc.

porpendejooo #25 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 21:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9438 battles
  • [TOMI] TOMI

View PostSilkySmooth, on Dec 04 2013 - 19:00, said:

Answer: "When the battle begins, please for the love of god START SHOOTING RANDOMLY. So many forget to do this. It gets the barrel warmed up, gets rid of those few useless shells weighing down the tank, lets your team know you mean business and most importantly puts them on a nice healthy edge so they are used to being shot at." - Buddy_Deeds

I wish I had a link to that Buddy_Deeds post. It was so damn funny.
this shit cracked me up

Red_Raven_168 #26 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 11041 battles

View PostCaskie1_Actual, on Dec 04 2013 - 18:23, said:

*caveat - I am guilty of all of the below from time to time, except #1-ever.
2. Why is it always a clusterfluck for Noobs to leave their own cap at the start of a game? Stop. Pay attention. Watch where you’re going. explain opening game ramming by tier 6+
3. Why do Noobs always run out and die? Stop. EVERY tank can make a contribution. Rushing to get to a safe spot before the enemy gets set up is fine, but suicide scouting is not. Name the highest tier you  have seen this .... note it'll likely be above 5 unless you haven't played above 5
4. Why do Noobs always ask stupid questions in the middle of a game or start a flame war with other players? Stop. PLAY THE 'EFFING GAME. If you’re dead, be helpful and watch the map. they often do this while alive too - more chat . . . less play
5. Why do Noobs run way out in front of everyone, and then scream for help? Stop. Wait for your team to catch up, or don’t run off in the first place. No heavy tank can keep up with your light butt. Why do noobs yell for help when they are the last ones alive - after ignoring the pleas to defend cap
6. . . .
7. Why do Noobs always ask if a tank is good as the game starts? Stop. Go to youtube or wikitank and research them there. You honestly don’t want my opinion, even though I have 10+K games, I play differently and I might like tanks you don't. Then chat forever ignoring the game - until they get killed
8. Why do Noobs tell everyone else to reset a cap? Stop. If you see your base being capped, go back and stop it yourself. Do not rely on anyone else. If you have a very slow tank, that’s acceptable to not try to stop cap, but otherwise, try. Or curse out arty for not resetting cap for them - alone
9. When in arty or near arty, why do Noobs always knock down trees and other objects? Stop. If I am enemy arty, I WILL SHOOT YOU. Knocking down bushes when rolling through the woods tells the whole world where you are. Or are so thoughtful to go in front of arty so they can knock down trees then run away
10. . . .
11. . . .
12. . . .
13. Why do Noobs complain about people using gold ammo? You can buy gold with credits, and in many cases, it’s an efficient way to deal damage to a higher tier tank. Stop. I ALWAYS carry gold in my Chaffee for example, because the MM is very difficult. Gold ammo is such fun . . . like using 4 rounds to kill arty or an open top TD, or that pesky tank 2 tiers below you

J_PinkMan #27 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 22:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1781 battles
I admit that I HAVE fired shots immediately after spawn.  Why?  Because I forgot which gun I had mounted.  Duh!  I've since gone to a routine of checking my inventory ... guns, ammo, camo, binocs, repair kits etc BEFORE hittin' the Battle button.  Nuthin' more embarASSin' that showin' up for a tank battle with no ammo.

...Jesse

dmckay #28 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 12984 battles
Some players fire their gun on roll-out because they are overexcited and their trigger finger twitches.  Is it ok to fire your gun in celebration when you are on the cap and and the meter turns green and you have won.....or is that punk behavior?

Caskie1_Actual #29 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 22:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View PostJ_PinkMan, on Dec 04 2013 - 22:06, said:

I admit that I HAVE fired shots immediately after spawn.  Why?  Because I forgot which gun I had mounted.  Duh!  I've since gone to a routine of checking my inventory ... guns, ammo, camo, binocs, repair kits etc BEFORE hittin' the Battle button.  Nuthin' more embarASSin' that showin' up for a tank battle with no ammo.

...Jesse
I've seen people show up with no ammo for their guns before.  Pro-tip, click the resupply automatically box in your service window, same with repair.

Caskie1_Actual #30 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 22:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View Postdmckay, on Dec 04 2013 - 22:08, said:

Some players fire their gun on roll-out because they are overexcited and their trigger finger twitches.  Is it ok to fire your gun in celebration when you are on the cap and and the meter turns green and you have won.....or is that punk behavior?

pretty much punk behavior, but whatever, to each his own.  So long as you HAVE won, and you aren't shooting in the direction of your team, I don't see a problem.  But why waste ammo? it costs....

Caskie1_Actual #31 Posted Dec 04 2013 - 23:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View Postsimnut, on Dec 04 2013 - 23:07, said:

Ok, ONE thing wrong with your post.  It's about NOOBS!!!! And why do we call them NOOBS?  Because they're NOOBS...aka  NEW to the game! Not ONE NOOB will do everything you have listed, you may see what you have listed from numerous NOOBS....so actually...give them a break!  They gotta learn yet!!!

Oh, and by the way....I've seen 10k + battle people do EXACTLY what you've listed....so it's not exclusive to NOOBS.

Actually, i believe that it's the "experienced" players that complain more about MM than the NOOBS.  NOOBS don't have as much knowledge about the different tanks and how they "stack" up to others......

Well then, that player wouldn't be considered a NOOB then, right?  The other player (who might be relatively new) would be the NOOB.

Give 'em a break.......

OK, I think you misunderstand the term Noob as I use it here.  Newbie would be what you're referring to, a new player.  A Noob is someone who isn't new (we all know idiots in X tier tanks), a Noob is an idiot player.  And I CLEARLY stated that I have been guilty of doing ALL those things listed except number 1.   I would say that my list pertains more to people with lots of games under their belts, more so than new players.  But when I have people in tier 5+ doing all those things listed, they should know better.   Also, I think I wouldn't use the term "experienced" just because someone has thousands of games.  Experienced is someone who, through their playing, work hard to get better, study, practice and learn.  Noobs just keep doing the same old thing.  Newbies I have a lot of time and patience for.  I'm teaching my 8YO to play, and he's a newbie, but not a Noob, because he's learning the basics and not doing the stupid stuff "Noobs" do.

Fastbrew #32 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 00:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2888 battles

View PostCaskie1_Actual, on Dec 04 2013 - 19:23, said:

Hey LERT!!!  First, let me say thanks!  Your Collection of Guides I read first, and it is probably the most helpful series of articles on this whole site.  (fanboy blush)  I should have listed you first in my links section.  So my bad, but props here.   Next, while I understand your point about kills, I will say that since this should be a team game (operative word - should), and if a team mate is close to getting an achievement, I'd like him to get it.  So many times we get frustrated because of bad players, when someone IS cool and helps we get an achievement, it makes me want to return the favor.  I'm not sure it's a question of position so much as being a good sport.
Great post - OP. And Lert - I agree 100 percent. I don't want the bauble if I didn't earn it or if someone "gave" it to me.  I remember on one top gun it was me and a teammate against another TD with low health and low level.  Although my teammate was closer, he stopped and waited for me to go in for the kill.  I remember being pissed off.  We didn't talk about it - I went in and killed the tank.  My teammate had low health so I think there were numerous factors at play (repair bill/stats/etc).  I point it out because I wanted to underline the fact that I think it's about your mindset.  I am not a person that likes things handed to me in a competition - doesn't feel right.
I respect the opposite side that it should be a "team" effort. But - the best way to honor the team is to kill the other team/win when you can in the right moment - not to worry about an after battle award.

Edited by Fastbrew, Dec 05 2013 - 00:41.

dmckay #33 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 01:59

Major

• Players
  • 12984 battles
Every few weeks I see a book...like this, which the poster feels is the utimate definition of a noob.  Gets tedious.  EGO run amok.  Boring.  Silly.  And really.....who gives a dam?   WHO?...It's a dam video game.  I am increasingly seeing....there are noobs and seasonsed players who take this wayyyyyy too seriously.  Getting freaky after 3,000 games. I guess there are nerds locked in their parents basement....and this is IT.  Their life....o wow.

der_Eisen_Jager #34 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 03:01

Captain

• Players
  • 10807 battles

View PostCaskie1_Actual, on Dec 04 2013 - 18:23, said:

10. If arty targets an enemy (and you’ll know he has when the icon over the enemy tank lights up and you get a message), DO NOT FACEHUG the target. Arty is going to fire, or the shell might already be on the way. Stop. Any damage you take is your own fault.

12. Why do Noobs always bitch about kill stealing? Damage and survival are the key to winning. If there is a damaged tank in my sights, I will take the shot. If you did 75% of the damage, you’ll get most of the experience. The ONLY time it is NOT acceptable to kill steal is when someone calls for a target because they are about to get top gun or a medal for the series of kills in a game (like Radley Walters Medal). Let them have it. Never steal a “called” kill.

Although this is great rant, I have to disagree with the above 2 -

10. As a tanker, I have no idea where you're aiming Mr. Arty, so if I face hug another tank, then you shoot the both of us, I will be pissed. How about when you see a green facehugging a red, you hold your shot? If/when that green tank dies, then you shoot.

12. First of all, there is no such thing as a Kill steal. And who calls for a kill? really? Medals are for tankers who EARN their kills, not CALL FOR ONE. If someone calls for a kill I am attempting, their plea will be ignored no matter what medal they're up for. Want the kill? Get there first! But that would meaning actually earning it.

I have even had a situation where someone tried to offer me a kill. Let Blang get the last one so he can get top gun. My reply? "Kill the F'er!"

der_Eisen_Jager #35 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 03:03

Captain

• Players
  • 10807 battles
...and when it comes to rants about noobs.... let's not forget there are many children who play this game. My 7 year old nephew plays at times, so give these noobs a break eh? They are part of the game, deal with them.

Caskie1_Actual #36 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 03:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View Postblangston625, on Dec 05 2013 - 03:01, said:

Although this is great rant, I have to disagree with the above 2 -

10. As a tanker, I have no idea where you're aiming Mr. Arty, so if I face hug another tank, then you shoot the both of us, I will be pissed. How about when you see a green facehugging a red, you hold your shot? If/when that green tank dies, then you shoot.

12. First of all, there is no such thing as a Kill steal. And who calls for a kill? really? Medals are for tankers who EARN their kills, not CALL FOR ONE. If someone calls for a kill I am attempting, their plea will be ignored no matter what medal they're up for. Want the kill? Get there first! But that would meaning actually earning it.

I have even had a situation where someone tried to offer me a kill. Let Blang get the last one so he can get top gun. My reply? "Kill the F'er!"

First, I HEAR you about the arty shots.  Let me clarify, If you're NOT in his face already, and you see arty targeting him, don't rush in.  By all means, if you are already hugging (and by doing so I assume you know you can kill him without dying yourself), then I would never shoot.  But if I call it, and then you rush in and hug, your problem, not mine.  If you are already there I will wait for the shot.

Second, and I see this #12 has been an issue for several people...  What I mean is when someone has absolutely earned the opportunity for a medal, don't go in and steal the chance.  If they have done the bulk of the effort, gotten 5 or 7 kills and they are working on that last guy, don't go in and swipe it IF YOU DIDN'T DO THE WORK.

Does that make more sense?

Caskie1_Actual #37 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 03:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View Postblangston625, on Dec 05 2013 - 03:03, said:

...and when it comes to rants about noobs.... let's not forget there are many children who play this game. My 7 year old nephew plays at times, so give these noobs a break eh? They are part of the game, deal with them.

As I said before, Newbies (Good), Noobs (Bad).  I mention that I am teaching my 8YO to play, but to play the right way.  If you are teaching your nephew to play, I hope you're passing along pointers, mentoring and teaching him good techniques.

doonglerules #38 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 03:20

Major

• Players
  • 5631 battles
A KV-2 shoved me out of cover for "bossing him around"; Told him to stop wasting shells, after he shot 14 152mm shells in thin air. A-holes will be a-holes i guess.

dmckay #39 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 03:41

Major

• Players
  • 12984 battles
This is just an EGO run amok post.  Good Lord.   The hubris in this.  I just re-read the whole pile of self- serving (i know best for others) pile of dung.  Pls.....Caskie....pls aquire a life.  Why a man of your intellect would waste all this on a shot em up tank game.  Geeze.  But....you seem to fancy yourself as the "go to " expert on noobnishness.. you are a drag.  Seriously.  Grow up.  Pls...how in the heck could you take all that time to define all the flaws of noobisism.  Come on....you appear to be an adult...what a waste of intellect.
And if you you see this as a put-down you are seeing it correctly.  I am becoming "freaked" by the obsession of some in this "game".  Weird.  And I do mean weird.  It is begining to put me off to this video "game"....weird street for some who play this.

Edited by dmckay, Dec 05 2013 - 03:48.

dmckay #40 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 04:16

Major

• Players
  • 12984 battles

View Posttmeierle, on Dec 04 2013 - 18:33, said:

Thanks for telling me what a noob is.

Ya.....he knows.  EGO....run amok, as I said. As a rule I try and be polite and get along....but this???   Whew.  Brat crap.  Adolescent.

Also tagged with Noob, gameplay, beginner, rant, arty, scout, skills, potato, newbie, flame

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users