Top 15 Observations on Noobishness

Noob gameplay beginner rant arty scout skills potato newbie flame

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

Scotty_SE #41 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 04:43

Captain

• Players
  • 12022 battles
Hey dmckay, didn't we team up today somewhere?

Anyways, I say we ban all newbs from the WoT. Before they shut the servers down though because beginners aren't buying gold I just want to know how some of you in this thread were able to jump into the game without making mistakes and already being expert tanksters.

Odins_Eye #42 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 05:01

Captain

• Players
  • 2956 battles

View PostSULOMON, on Dec 04 2013 - 18:29, said:

I shoot my gun at the beginning of the match so I have something to do.

Really? 'Something to do.'?
Attention span issues?

AudieBoy #43 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [MAR4L] MAR4L
Why is it that folks with 10,000 battles or better come into this forum and ask questions to which no noob really has the answer?

I appreciate experienced players giving guidance and tips to new players, but it appears to me that this post is more about a veteran player complaining about new players not understanding the game play rather than a Veteran player who has come to help new players grow.

Caskie1_Actual #44 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View Postdmckay, on Dec 05 2013 - 03:41, said:

This is just an EGO run amok post.  Good Lord.   The hubris in this.  I just re-read the whole pile of self- serving (i know best for others) pile of dung.  Pls.....Caskie....pls aquire a life.  Why a man of your intellect would waste all this on a shot em up tank game.  Geeze.  But....you seem to fancy yourself as the "go to " expert on noobnishness.. you are a drag.  Seriously.  Grow up.  Pls...how in the heck could you take all that time to define all the flaws of noobisism.  Come on....you appear to be an adult...what a waste of intellect.
And if you you see this as a put-down you are seeing it correctly.  I am becoming "freaked" by the obsession of some in this "game".  Weird.  And I do mean weird.  It is begining to put me off to this video "game"....weird street for some who play this.
I noticed you've commented several times about not liking the OP, that topics like this are tedious, boring, adolescent, etc... and yet you've come several times to comment.  Maybe you're learning something?  It seems weird to me that you return again and again to make negative comments, when the VAST majority have been positive, and some even instructive.  Sooo.... I look forward to move constructive criticism from you DMCkay.
I don't see how it was an EGO post, nowhere did I say how good I was, nor did I post any tips on being better than anyone else, nor did I flame anyone (unlike you).  I have taken the time to post something I think will help improve game play.  If you don't like it, that's OK too.  And apparently I didn't define all the flaws, as some other people added a few after me.  Also, you may not have noticed, but there are a lot of folks who write way more than I ever have, being that this was my 3rd post ever.  If you're freaked, maybe you should take a break?  As I stated, I have made many of those mistakes myself and sometimes still do so.  I also said that I have a lot of time for new players, but how is my desire to see game performance improve Hubris?  I'm no expert, I still learn something every day on here.
Anyway, sorry you didn't like the post.  Best of luck in your game play!

Edited by Caskie1_Actual, Dec 05 2013 - 06:32.

Caskie1_Actual #45 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View Postarabesque, on Dec 05 2013 - 06:02, said:

Why is it that folks with 10,000 battles or better come into this forum and ask questions to which no noob really has the answer?

I appreciate experienced players giving guidance and tips to new players, but it appears to me that this post is more about a veteran player complaining about new players not understanding the game play rather than a Veteran player who has come to help new players grow.

I didn't ask questions other than rhetorical ones, and provided answers and tips on how to not be considered a Noob.  I also suggest and offer some really good links to articles that can help new players improve.  Were any of my suggestions not easily implemented?  Did I say to do anything really hard?  In all seriousness, the title of the article should have given you a pretty accurate idea of what I was going to write about.  If you are surprised by what you read, I'm sorry for that.  I didn't curse, I didn't moan, and I didn't just complain.  I actually offered corrective advice.  So could you use that to help yourself grow?  I did.  As I said, I made/make a lot of those mistakes.

AudieBoy #46 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [MAR4L] MAR4L

View PostCaskie1_Actual, on Dec 05 2013 - 06:11, said:

I didn't ask questions other than rhetorical ones, and provided answers and tips on how to not be considered a Noob.  I also suggest and offer some really good links to articles that can help new players improve.  Were any of my suggestions not easily implemented?  Did I say to do anything really hard?  In all seriousness, the title of the article should have given you a pretty accurate idea of what I was going to write about.  If you are surprised by what you read, I'm sorry for that.  I didn't curse, I didn't moan, and I didn't just complain.  I actually offered corrective advice.  So could you use that to help yourself grow?  I did.  As I said, I made/make a lot of those mistakes.
Perhaps your approach might need to improve to teaching versus complaining.
I am a noob...new player...whatever you want to call me. I am interested in improving and not in being insulted or deridded by more experienced players.
I come here to learn. If you don't know how to teach, please ask for help, because as far as I am concerned...you are a noob...and don't know how to teach what you have learned to other players with dignity and respect.

Edited by arabesque, Dec 05 2013 - 06:26.

BlackwaterXe #47 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:15

Major

• Players
  • 24850 battles
If you'd like to conduct more research on the social and behavioral patterns of these fascinating, yet poorly understood creatures known as "noobs", or more derisively as "46%ers", you could try an immersive experience in Training Rooms, which appears to be a central hub or breeding grounds for these "noobs". There is no real need to lurk; the chances of being ousted as a pro are typically low so long as you bring a low or similarly tiered tank as the rest of the room since "noobs" don't appear to run XVM or know how to look up stats. From the outset, it would appear that "noobs" are at least somewhat cognizant of the fact that they perform poorly under standard battle circumstances and thus find refuge in TRs where they develop strange new game modes with obscure combat objectives such as "Wolf Life", "King of the Castle", and "Cops and Civies" among others. At least some of these player-driven game modes present amusing mini-games such as "Zombies", "NASCAR", and "Arty Dodge", but for continual play in "Zombies", one would begin to wonder where these "noobs" find the creds to afford all the ammo they expend in TR.

Caution: If you end up in a "shooting authorized" TR with "noobs", you'll find it quite easy to defeat any number of "noobs" in a 1v1 while driving a lower tiered tank, or even 1v3 in a similar or lower tier tank. Prevailing under these circumstances will often blow your cover and lead to "noobs" unintentionally offering you one of the greatest compliments a pro can receive; i.e., unable to comprehend how a single opponent in a lesser tiered tank outperformed them, they will accuse you of being a "cheater" or "hacker".

Caskie1_Actual #48 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD
and BTW, how's this?
15. Why do Noobs never stop to think that a player on their team might be relatively new, and thus not know any better when doing something wrong. Stop. Don’t rage. Help. If your stats are under 48%, you have no room to talk smack. Get better and then pay it forward.

panzershreck65 #49 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12710 battles
the first one i do sometimes and it annoys me because i don't mean to do it.

i have a laptop, and it has the little finger-pad thingy (not sure what i should call it... a D-pad maybe?) i have big hands. so my thumb will sometimes tap the touchy thing and accidentally fire off a shell. never actually hit anyone doing this because i like sticking my tank's gun in the air before the game starts.

AudieBoy #50 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [MAR4L] MAR4L
Wow! I thought better of this forum.

Caskie1_Actual #51 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View Postarabesque, on Dec 05 2013 - 06:14, said:

Perhaps your approach might need to improve to teaching versus complaining.
I am a noob...new player...whatever you want to call me. I am interested in improving and not in being insulted or deridded by more experienced players.
I come here to learn. If you don't know how to teach, please ask for help, because as far as I am concerned...you are a noob...and don't know how to teach what you have learned to other players with dignity and respect.

Hey Arabesque, I hear you about teaching.  The point of the article was to give examples of bad play, and then give a reason why it shouldn't be done.  I further went on to say I have a lot of time for new players.  If you are here seeking to gain insight into how to become better, I am all in support and happy to take time, point you to good videos, work in training rooms and not be a jerk when playing together.  As I say, those 15 points were about things I've seen and why you shouldn't do them.  If you don't do them (and some I still do), new player or old, Rock On!  If you do them, reconsider rather than getting mad.

Anyway, I'd be happy to work with anyone, so long as they want to learn.

Theodrim #52 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 06:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1306 battles

View Postarabesque, on Dec 05 2013 - 06:02, said:

...I appreciate experienced players giving guidance and tips to new players, but it appears to me that this post is more about a veteran player complaining about new players not understanding the game play rather than a Veteran player who has come to help new players grow.
Has it occurred to you that, tenor aside, part of complaints such as that of the OP have more to do with experienced, but poor anyways, players rather than the new? Bad habits are extremely hard to break, and very easy to make, in a game such as this with a steep learning curve and very little margin for error in lower-tier play. And indeed, the behavior the OP brought up is endemic among extremely experienced players as well as new, ruling it out as simply growing pains learning the game.

Raising these issues in a newcomers' forum is precisely the place to do it, in order to keep new players from developing these bad habits in the first place. It's unfortunate more people don't read the forums, but those who do are those likely to be most-interested in discussing the game in detail and improving their play; of course, for that they're less-likely to develop bad habits but that does not strictly preclude them. What the OP brought up are examples of bad play, and bad manners, to be avoided lest they become habitual. Like it or not, bad players who have thousands of games under their belt are unlikely to improve; were they to improve, they'd have already done so and sought the tools and knowledge to do it.

AudieBoy #53 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 07:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [MAR4L] MAR4L

Has it occurred to you that, tenor aside, part of complaints such as that of the OP have more to do with experienced, but poor anyways, players rather than the new? Bad habits are extremely hard to break, and very easy to make, in a game such as this with a steep learning curve and very little margin for error in lower-tier play. And indeed, the behavior the OP brought up is endemic among extremely experienced players as well as new, ruling it out as simply growing pains learning the game.
Raising these issues in a newcomers' forum is precisely the place to do it, in order to keep new players from developing these bad habits in the first place. It's unfortunate more people don't read the forums, but those who do are those likely to be most-interested in discussing the game in detail and improving their play; of course, for that they're less-likely to develop bad habits but that does not strictly preclude them. What the OP brought up are examples of bad play, and bad manners, to be avoided lest they become habitual. Like it or not, bad players who have thousands of games under their belt are unlikely to improve; were they to improve, they'd have already done so and sought the tools and knowledge to do it.
Yes...I've considered this and I disagree that a newcomers forum is the place to fleshout experienced players issues.
The intention of the OP was lost upon me with the use of "noob" in a derisive manner;  I'm very open to learning...teach me...don't insult, or deride me.
If you don't know how to teach, but are an experienced player willing to impart knowledge to new players, then you should consider yourself as being a "noob" teacher. HINT: Being an experienced high scoring player does not immediately qualify you as a teacher.

Edited by arabesque, Dec 05 2013 - 07:39.

shuvool #54 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 08:15

Major

• Players
  • 14281 battles

View PostCaskie1_Actual, on Dec 04 2013 - 18:23, said:

I don't often post, but after a particularly unrewarding weekend where I started ranting at people in the game, I decided I better step back a bit and re-learn to play as the player I WANT to be. A little self analysis later, I realized I needed to get off my chest what really irks me about the game in public matches.

Thank you to all of the players who have taken the time to post thoughtful/helpful articles in WoT or on the internet that I have listed at the bottom of this article. I have read them and agree (mostly) with their content. Props and credits for the authors.

*caveat - I am guilty of all of the below from time to time, except #1-ever.
1. Why do Noobs shoot randomly when starting out from their own cap? Stop. It’s stupid, wastes YOUR money and you often hit people on your own team.
I honestly don't know why I see people do this- firing randomly at the start. I understand if someone is trying to destroy the shack in the base, but 99% of these guys are just pointing their guy in (hopefully) a direction away from teammates and wasting ammo

2. Why is it always a clusterfluck for Noobs to leave their own cap at the start of a game? Stop. Pay attention. Watch where you’re going.

I'm pretty sure this is just 15 different people that don't know where the others are going and end up in a bit of chaos

3. Why do Noobs always run out and die? Stop. EVERY tank can make a contribution. Rushing to get to a safe spot before the enemy gets set up is fine, but suicide scouting is not.
I can think of a few reasons that seem legitimate to me. Here are some of mine from today- I think I'll peek around this corner in the city in my t32. Crap, that e25 tracked me. Crap I just took 3 more rounds from a jagdpanther ii, and obj 704, and a jagdtiger and now my tank is letting the magic black smoke that makes it work out the top of the tank. Also- Hey daddy, look at what I just drew. Oh that's pretty sweetie. What is it? It's a house *boom*

4. Why do Noobs always ask stupid questions in the middle of a game or start a flame war with other players? Stop. PLAY THE 'EFFING GAME. If you’re dead, be helpful and watch the map.
depends on the stupid question. Since we're noobs, we don't know what we should do in a  given situation. If we don't ask and do the wrong thing, we get flamed for being idiots. Hopefully if we ask what to do and get a good answer, we can positively contribute. But yeah, questions about whether Big Bang Theory is funny or not are probably better for the off topic section of a forum than the middle of a firefight

5. Why do Noobs run way out in front of everyone, and then scream for help? Stop. Wait for your team to catch up, or don’t run off in the first place. No heavy tank can keep up with your light butt.
Not really sure why I see this. I mean, I see heavies and TDs take off toward undefended flanks and I'm pretty sure their SOS is so they aren't solo defending a flank, but the M5 Stuart that zips over to a rock on the other side of which lies a Tiger wasn't a well thought out plan

6. Why do Noobs only look at the map at the start and spam everyone with all of the known choke points and then forget about the map the rest of the game? Stop. We ALL KNOW THE MAPS. Pay attention to it during the battle. Situational awareness will keep you alive.
Better than them not looking at the map at all I suppose but yeah, the places clicked generally need no indication unless it's for the benefit of the sub 1000 game players in the match. In my Stuart and Chaffee I do like to click to indicate where I plan on going so the rest of the team knows I can see threats in that area and they can set up to take advantage of that

7. Why do Noobs always ask if a tank is good as the game starts? Stop. Go to youtube or wikitank and research them there. You honestly don’t want my opinion, even though I have 10+K games, I play differently and I might like tanks you don't.
no substitute for personal experience, and since I haven't got any the next best available thing at the moment is that of someone else in the match. I've read the wiki on every tank I am about to research and watch the youtube vids on those tanks, but still those last few matches before I buy it I ask what people like about that tank, just to get an idea of playstyle, strengths, and weaknesses from someone that is using the tank. The more info I have, the more comfortable I feel

8. Why do Noobs tell everyone else to reset a cap? Stop. If you see your base being capped, go back and stop it yourself. Do not rely on anyone else. If you have a very slow tank, that’s acceptable to not try to stop cap, but otherwise, try.
My T32 200m from the enemy cap is not going to make it back to my cap unless it's Erlenberg (which I dislike, but I digress). Hopefully in the next week when I buy the M103 I'll have the ability to do things like that, but for now, I holler RTB and swing my slow tank toward my cap hoping that someone can at least delay the cap long enough for me to get there

9. When in arty or near arty, why do Noobs always knock down trees and other objects? Stop. If I am enemy arty, I WILL SHOOT YOU. Knocking down bushes when rolling through the woods tells the whole world where you are.
yeah, although I've been guilty of knocking over trees in my arty not noticing where they are when they go clear, TD's and people that want to be snipers aggravate me when they settle in next to me and knock over 2 or 3 trees. Luckily I've mostly played against conservitive arty that don't believe in blind shots (which have earned me some awesome kills)

10. If arty targets an enemy (and you’ll know he has when the icon over the enemy tank lights up and you get a message), DO NOT FACEHUG the target. Arty is going to fire, or the shell might already be on the way. Stop. Any damage you take is your own fault.
yeah, why do we have to pay for the damages when we announce we're hitting the target and 5 to 7 seconds later a red and green tank explode

11. Why do Noobs get pissed when as Arty, I cannot Fedex a shell the moment they call for one? Stop. I have the whole map to cover, and may be engaging someone else. Disengage and I will service your target when I am free. Arty is at max only 25% of the team.
yeah, I only play US arty, and although they have the largest horizontal arc (My M44 covers over 2/3 of the map without having to turn the tank) it still takes time to move the gun and then sight in. Cal for a shot, and if I acknowledge with those little chevrons popping up above his turret, just keep him pinned down where he is. I promise if I have no shot I'll say so

12. Why do Noobs always bitch about kill stealing? Damage and survival are the key to winning. If there is a damaged tank in my sights, I will take the shot. If you did 75% of the damage, you’ll get most of the experience. The ONLY time it is NOT acceptable to kill steal is when someone calls for a target because they are about to get top gun or a medal for the series of kills in a game (like Radley Walters Medal). Let them have it. Never steal a “called” kill.

I think it was either in one of Lert's guides or in that list of tank commandments, but I am of the belief that kills are not owned by anyone until the shot lands. Now, if you're at 5 kills and I don't ahve to wait and risk getting blown up so you can kill that last guy, sure I'll hold off on pulling the trigger. I might even scare him a little to keep him where he is by putting a shell into the ground right next to him. But if he's coming at me and I have less health that what it would take him to kill with 2 shots, you have my condolences on teh loss of your medal. I'll make it up by platooning with you if you want and let you have all the killing shots on my targets

13. Why do Noobs complain about people using gold ammo? You can buy gold with credits, and in many cases, it’s an efficient way to deal damage to a higher tier tank. Stop. I ALWAYS carry gold in my Chaffee for example, because the MM is very difficult.
When I was active duty, we had a saying: a bitching sailor is a happy sailor. I think some folks just want something to complain about. I'm usually pretty stoked when someone hits me with gold ammo, especially when I'm in my chaffee or hellcat because they absolutely didn't need it and lost out on a bunch of credits for using it

14. Why do Noobs always complain in the opening seconds of a match about the MM? Stop. Go read the forums about the mechanics of MM. Short of being in a bad platoon because you or your platoon mates chose the wrong tanks to pair, MM ALWAYS works the same way. Read about it at the link provided helpfully below.
I like to make quips about the mm being drunk when I land on a team with 92% xvm chance to win and my wr is the lowest of the entire team while the highest on the other team is like 46%, but I don't seriously believe that there is any ulterior motive behind the way the mm arranges battles. AFAIK it's just X heavies+TDs, Y Meds, Z Scouts, and * arty, with no more than 1 more of a specific tank on one side than the other (not counting platoons). I think there's something about tier in there too, but I've seen lopsided tier matches

15. Why do Noobs never stop to think that a player on their team might be relatively new, and thus not know any better when doing something wrong. Stop. Don’t rage. Help. If your stats are under 48%, you have no room to talk smack. Get better and then pay it forward.
So much this. I appreciate all the help I can get. I don't know if I'm truly noob any more, I've got the basics down pretty well but if I start heading for a spot that I've done well in the past in and you know from experience that I would be better utilized elsewhere, speak up. As long as you don't insult me, I'm pretty amicable to turning my tank around and going the other way. Unicums- I would love to be as skilled as you one day. Probably not going to happen, but making the difference between my level of play and yours shrink would be awesome

shuvool #55 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 08:19

Major

• Players
  • 14281 battles

View Postarabesque, on Dec 05 2013 - 07:04, said:

Yes...I've considered this and I disagree that a newcomers forum is the place to fleshout experienced players issues.
The intention of the OP was lost upon me with the use of "noob" in a derisive manner;  I'm very open to learning...teach me...don't insult, or deride me.
If you don't know how to teach, but are an experienced player willing to impart knowledge to new players, then you should consider yourself as being a "noob" teacher. HINT: Being an experienced high scoring player does not immediately qualify you as a teacher.

There is a difference (that may not be used here in WOT) between a Newb (short for newbie) who is a new person and a Noob who has had the exposure to be experienced but for whatever reason just doesn't do well. Back in my WoW days, we had the noob tanks that were geared (before ezmode raiding) in heroic raid gear with stuff like beastslaying enchants, spirit gems, couldn't walk out of the fire that appeared at their feet, etc. Those were the ones we called noobs. They couldn't tank their way out of a paper bag, but through the persistence of their guild/raiding group they managed to get geared up

Caskie1_Actual #56 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 08:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View Postarabesque, on Dec 05 2013 - 07:04, said:

Arabesque, again, I'm not sure why you're taking offense.  Here's the answer as to why I'm not complaining about guys like you posted way back on page 2:

OK, I think you misunderstand the term Noob as I use it here.  Newbie would be what you're referring to, a new player.  A Noob is someone who isn't new (we all know idiots in X tier tanks), a Noob is an idiot player.  And I CLEARLY stated that I have been guilty of doing ALL those things listed except number 1.   I would say that my list pertains more to people with lots of games under their belts, more so than new players.  But when I have people in tier 5+ doing all those things listed, they should know better.   Also, I think I wouldn't use the term "experienced" just because someone has thousands of games.  Experienced is someone who, through their playing, work hard to get better, study, practice and learn.  Noobs just keep doing the same old thing.  Newbies I have a lot of time and patience for.  I'm teaching my 8YO to play, and he's a newbie, but not a Noob, because he's learning the basics and not doing the stupid stuff "Noobs" do.

I've read your other threads and posts, and you ask legitimate questions.  If you AREN'T doing those things I listed, then you're OK, and shouldn't have been insulted by the term Noob, because you're a Newbie.  Frankly, they're my observations, and other posters to this thread have come up with some pretty reasonable explanations for why they do some of what they do, and regardless of whether I agree with them or not, they at least have a reason for doing it.  If you don't have a reason for shooting your gun off, or ramming a team mate at the start, then it's a Noob behavior, for example.  Either way, taking what I said to heart, as well as those comments by other thoughtful commentors here without intended insult would be what I hope for.

Caskie1_Actual #57 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 08:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16212 battles
  • [MCLD] MCLD

View Postshuvool, on Dec 05 2013 - 08:19, said:

There is a difference (that may not be used here in WOT) between a Newb (short for newbie) who is a new person and a Noob who has had the exposure to be experienced but for whatever reason just doesn't do well. Back in my WoW days, we had the noob tanks that were geared (before ezmode raiding) in heroic raid gear with stuff like beastslaying enchants, spirit gems, couldn't walk out of the fire that appeared at their feet, etc. Those were the ones we called noobs. They couldn't tank their way out of a paper bag, but through the persistence of their guild/raiding group they managed to get geared up

Well said.  Google "noob" and "newbie" and you'll find different definitions for different types of people, as an earlier gentleman did.

AudieBoy #58 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 08:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [MAR4L] MAR4L

My issue is with the attitude that more experienced folks take within this forum. I think they forget what it was like to have only ,1,000 fights under their belts, and when some their 10,000 battle status think that they can teach....it is here I have issues.

AudieBoy #59 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 09:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17157 battles
  • [MAR4L] MAR4L

I've read your other threads and posts, and you ask legitimate questions.

My vocalization about this post is not about me, nor about the substance of your post, but rather the delivery method you chose in a forum dedicated  to new players. New players do not know the difference between Newbie,, and noob...heck!...I'm not sure I know it either from this thread.

What I ask is that when experienced players post in this forum, they post with respect and dignity to players who may only have played for a single day.

Teach me...don't overwhelm me with your victories and ego.

If you teach me, I will learn...

If you post in this forum...learn to teach.

BlackwaterXe #60 Posted Dec 05 2013 - 09:29

Major

• Players
  • 24850 battles

View Postarabesque, on Dec 05 2013 - 09:04, said:

My vocalization about this post is not about me, nor about the substance of your post, but rather the delivery method you chose in a forum dedicated  to new players. New players do not know the difference between Newbie,, and noob...heck!...I'm not sure I know it either from this thread.

What I ask is that when experienced players post in this forum, they post with respect and dignity to players who may only have played for a single day.

Teach me...don't overwhelm me with your victories and ego.

If you teach me, I will learn...

If you post in this forum...learn to teach.

Dude, this is like a push and shove battle that's not likely to change; newbies as well as scrubs are typically disrespectful towards experienced players, thus experienced players are unlikely to treat newbies or scrubs with any measure of dignity. When newbies become stuck as scrubs with 40k battles, 42% W/R, and WN7 under 900, their inability to compete or outperform the pros causes them frustration that leads to a reciprocation of resentment. But for those lucky few newbies who quietly improve and then re-emerge as one of the pros, they have a sense of achievement because their stats were hard earned such that they have the privilege to no longer be the target of noob insults; it's as if they've earned the privilege to call out scrubs for being scrubs. It's all circular.

Also tagged with Noob, gameplay, beginner, rant, arty, scout, skills, potato, newbie, flame

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users