Free XP note from 8.10: Can someone translate?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

AbramsSmakr #1 Posted Dec 06 2013 - 00:37

Major

• Players
  • 5815 battles
In another thread on the lost right now, I saw this note in a post and its supposed to be an 8.10 patch note dealing with free XP. It reads:

*From 8.10 patch notes:
"Experience is now converted to Free XP according to the vehicle list order"

When you click the "convert experience" button, you get a top down list of your tanks, or tanks you used to own that have convert-able experience. I dont know how they come up with the order of these tanks, but there they are. I always assumed that when you choose how much XP you want to convert to the so called 'free experience', they simply started with the tank at the top of the list that has its box checked, and  they work their way down the list of tanks with checked boxes until the designated amount of experience has been met. In other words, if I needed 10,000 XP converted, and my list had a BT-2 at the top followed by a T18, a Pzr II and a Marder II, and each tank had exactly 3,000 XP, the system would remove 3,000 from the BT-2 1st, followed by 3,000 from the T18, 3,000 from the Pzr II, and 1,000 from the Marder II.

That note from the 8.10 patch seems to describe the above paragraph, but wasnt that already the case?

Kamahl1234 #2 Posted Dec 06 2013 - 01:20

Major

• Players
  • 18395 battles

View PostAbramsSmakr, on Dec 06 2013 - 00:37, said:

In another thread on the lost right now, I saw this note in a post and its supposed to be an 8.10 patch note dealing with free XP. It reads:

*From 8.10 patch notes:
"Experience is now converted to Free XP according to the vehicle list order"

When you click the "convert experience" button, you get a top down list of your tanks, or tanks you used to own that have convert-able experience. I dont know how they come up with the order of these tanks, but there they are. I always assumed that when you choose how much XP you want to convert to the so called 'free experience', they simply started with the tank at the top of the list that has its box checked, and  they work their way down the list of tanks with checked boxes until the designated amount of experience has been met. In other words, if I needed 10,000 XP converted, and my list had a BT-2 at the top followed by a T18, a Pzr II and a Marder II, and each tank had exactly 3,000 XP, the system would remove 3,000 from the BT-2 1st, followed by 3,000 from the T18, 3,000 from the Pzr II, and 1,000 from the Marder II.

That note from the 8.10 patch seems to describe the above paragraph, but wasnt that already the case?
It may have been, but the list sorting was probably improved (read: most exp on top of list) and it may have only taken exp from tanks with a perfect 25+ exp, so low exp tanks, such as my own Marder II with 1 exp, wouldn't get converted.

Just a guess.

bumpkin #3 Posted Dec 06 2013 - 19:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 56403 battles
  • [DHO2] DHO2

View PostKamahl1234, on Dec 06 2013 - 01:20, said:

It may have been, but the list sorting was probably improved (read: most exp on top of list) and it may have only taken exp from tanks with a perfect 25+ exp, so low exp tanks, such as my own Marder II with 1 exp, wouldn't get converted.

Just a guess.
I believe the way they are currently displayed is the tank with most convertible xp is always at the top of the list.  I think what this is saying tanks will be displayed in the same order they appear in your tank carousel at the bottom of the screen.

This appears to be change catering those who rushing up the trees or those who free XP to whatever new Tier X tank is added.  They are spending hundreds of dollars to convert XP so they can have the new top tier tanks hours after release.  So I guess it is only fitting WG throws them a bone.  You the saying, Money talks, BS walks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users