Tips on load out and crew skill On Waffentrager E-100

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

_TreeHugger_ #1 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 20:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7766 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK
Hey guys, I recently unlocked and purchased a waffentrager e-100.

I guess after 3 games yesterday I think I definitely need to change my crew skills around.

Seems like camo is worthless in the waffle house e100.
What would you guys recommend to re skill the e100? With a 3 1/2 skilled crew.

Right now for equipment I'm running
super heavy spalliner
camo net (change to something else?)
GLD

anyone got any experience or inputs?

Porkchop_Coming_Down_OnU #2 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 20:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 68 battles
Forget trying to farm good crews on that TD.  Currently, TDS are the most OP vehicles in the game with the downfall of arty, and I am sure they will be nerfed hard very very soon.

With arty nerfed into the dumbster, I am sure that TD's will soon have the same fate.  Play a real tank, such as a heavy, TDs are simply just to OP, and arty is in desperate need of a damage buff.

KingBlueDevil #3 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 26657 battles
  • [P5YCH] P5YCH
Even on a TD I can't live without a full repair crew. Also, obviously 6th. Maybe Deadeye, or is that worthless?

KingBlueDevil #4 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 26657 battles
  • [P5YCH] P5YCH

View PostPorkchop_Coming_Down_OnU, on Dec 10 2013 - 20:12, said:

Forget trying to farm good crews on that TD.  Currently, TDS are the most OP vehicles in the game with the downfall of arty, and I am sure they will be nerfed hard very very soon.

With arty nerfed into the dumbster, I am sure that TD's will soon have the same fate.  Play a real tank, such as a heavy, TDs are simply just to OP, and arty is in desperate need of a damage buff.
Get out.

Aquavolt #5 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 20:16

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 12454 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostPorkchop_Coming_Down_OnU, on Dec 10 2013 - 20:12, said:

Forget trying to farm good crews on that TD. Currently, TDS are the most OP vehicles in the game with the downfall of arty, and I am sure they will be nerfed hard very very soon.
With arty nerfed into the dumbster, I am sure that TD's will soon have the same fate. Play a real tank, such as a heavy, TDs are simply just to OP, and arty is in desperate need of a damage buff.
You're an idiot.
To the OP: Replace camo net with optics. Camo net is worthless as the base camo of the waffle is very very bad. Camo is the lowest priority skill to get, stick with the standard BiA, smooth ride, clutch braking, safe stowage, repairs etc etc.
Also, depending on how much you're willing to spend per game, you could also run double repair + chocolate. It's rare for the crew to get injured (spall liner) and module damage is more common than crew injuries. Also, since hull shots are rare unless you get hit by arty or if you overextend, running fire extinguisher isn't much of a viable option since everybody just aims at the gigantic turret.

a_stray_shot_ #6 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 20:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17153 battles
  • [LIMBO] LIMBO
For the WT E100 you definitely need 6th sense. Get BIA, as every second counts when reloading.
In replays, I see a lot of ppl using chocolate for the 10% boost. I don't run a spall liner as I've heard it doesn't help.
Your advantage is view range, so max that out with binocs and/or coated optics.

_TreeHugger_ #7 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7766 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK

View PostAquavolt, on Dec 10 2013 - 20:16, said:

You're an idiot.To the OP: Replace camo net with optics. Camo net is worthless as the base camo of the waffle is very very bad. Camo is the lowest priority skill to get, stick with the standard BiA, smooth ride, clutch braking, safe stowage, repairs etc etc.

this helps ty bro

Awestryker #8 Posted Dec 10 2013 - 20:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10397 battles
I was just looking at camo on TDs earlier today and I saw the Waffle is:
Stationary: 0.4
Moving: 0.23
Firing: 0.08
That is really bad camo...
-
By comparison, the German heavy tank E-100 has:
Stationary: 3.14
Moving: 1.57
Firing: 0.42
-
So I guess you could look at it like, putting camo on the waffle is like putting camo on an E-100, worse even   ;)
-
For further comparison the German E-25 TD has Stationary camo of 27.14.
-
So I would say the Waffle is "not" a "bush camper".
The E-25 is a "bush camper". Personally I don't play the E-25 like a true "bush camper" due to its high speed, I dart around from bush to bush, but hopefully you get my point...which is that the waffle isn't going to gain much thru camo.
-
I am working my way up the line for the tier 10 waffle, and I am thinking I will play it more like a Ferdi, in that I think I will play it a bit like a sniping heavy. Meaning never in the front lines, but near enough to peek-a-boo a ton of lead on someone who gets tracked and then ducking back into cover with other tanks around me to keep me from getting flanked. But, I won't let it take a shot like a might the Ferdi or similar well armored TDs.

Edited by Awestryker, Dec 10 2013 - 20:50.

_TreeHugger_ #9 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 16:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7766 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK
Re skilled my crew to repair from camo and I handles much better.

Plunky #10 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 19:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39769 battles
Two things that are most essential for the WTF100 are view range, and camo, IMHO. You need all of that which you can get, especially since the camo value is so bad. I mean, come on, it has the camo value of a fat person at a buffet bar. Very rare does the situation arise where you can safely be aggressive in a WTF and survive. You need to stay hidden, and see things to inflict damage without getting spotted. Having team mates spot things for you , and you staying out of enemy view range is essential to staying alive longer and doing well in it.
Given your 3.5 skill/perk limit, here is what I would use:
<p>
Commander:
Skill 1 - 6th sense
Skill 2 - Camo
Skill 3 - BIA
Skill 4 - Jack of all Trades (when you get hit, someone will die, this helps when that happens)
<p>
Gunner:
Skill 1 - Armorer (almost every time you are shot, gun is damaged)
Skill 2 - Camo
Skill 3 - BIA
Skill 4 - Repairs
<p>
Driver:
Skill 1 - Off Road Driving
Skill 2 - Camo
Skill 3 - BIA
Skill 4 - Repairs
<p>
Radio Operator:
Skill 1 - Situational Awareness
Skill 2 - Camo
Skill 3 - BIA
Skill 4 - Repairs
<p>
Loader:
Skill 1 - Adrenaline Rush (takes clip reload to 51s down from 56s if you are at 10% or less health)
Skill 2 - Camo
Skill 3 - BIA
Skill 4 - Repairs
<p>
Loader:
Skill 1 - Repairs
Skill 2 - Camo
Skill 3 - BIA
Skill 4 - Safe Stowage
<p>
Equipment loadout:
Camo Net
Optics
Binocs
<p>
Consumables:
Standard First Aid Kit
Standard Repair Kit
Automatic Fire Extinguisher (yes, this thing will catch fire, from my experience anyway)
<p>
Also, spend the money to put painted camo on the thing. Every little bit helps. Why are repairs not as important to me on this thing given your limitations, you may ask... Simple really, if you are getting spotted and shot frequently, you need to re-evaluate how to play the thing IMHO. Once you are spotted, you will be focus fired upon and die fast. A crew with full repairs will rarely save you in the WTF, but can on occasion, I know this first hand. Everyone will want a peice of you, and will get it if they can. They will go after you like going after a Sheriff for gold...
<p>
For what it is worth, I am running a 5 skill crew on mine, and I'm about to start the 6th.

_TreeHugger_ #11 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 20:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7766 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK
That's some really good suggestions man. Thanks for the input. I'm not sure why but does camo really make a big difference? I mean seems like I'm spotted all the time. And you know what leads to that is getting focus fired. And artied.

Mikoto #12 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 20:42

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 1 battle
  • [GOOP] GOOP
Super heavy spall liner is useless, it does absolutely nothing to help the 20mm of armor, HE will still do full damage, and crew deaths don't seem to occur nearly half as much as people purport it to have.
I run Binocs/Camo Net/GLD, as there is literally nothing less you can run (Unless you feel like running optics, but with the range at which it engages normally... eh...)
The thing about camo net is that it increases camo by a FLAT 15%. With camo paint, this means you have ~19% camo when stationary. When combined with bushes and proper positioning, this thing becomes pretty hard to spot if played correctly.
However camo skills are uesless because it multiplies the base camo (.5%) by a multiplier of up to 1.8 before the flat camo paint and camo net bonus is applied.

There are really only 2 skills that are 'mandatory' for the WTE, sixth sense and armorer (and to a lesser extent BIA), for reasons I shouldn't need to explain.

The_Millard #13 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 23059 battles

View PostDeadstarrfish, on Dec 10 2013 - 20:10, said:

Hey guys, I recently unlocked and purchased a waffentrager e-100.
I guess after 3 games yesterday I think I definitely need to change my crew skills around.
Seems like camo is worthless in the waffle house e100.
What would you guys recommend to re skill the e100? With a 3 1/2 skilled crew.
Right now for equipment I'm running
super heavy spalliner
camo net (change to something else?)
GLD
anyone got any experience or inputs?
Sixth/Camo/Situational-Recon
Snapshot/Camo/Broken Gun
Clutch/Smooth/Camao
Adrenaaline/Safe/Camo

Edited by The_Millard, Dec 11 2013 - 22:49.

The_Millard #14 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 22:57

Major

• Players
  • 23059 battles
Oh good grief, those modules!

Try: Camo net, Optics, Binocs.

Hurk #15 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 22:59

Major

• Players
  • 23200 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostAquavolt, on Dec 10 2013 - 20:16, said:

You're an idiot.
To the OP: Replace camo net with optics. Camo net is worthless as the base camo of the waffle is very very bad. Camo is the lowest priority skill to get, stick with the standard BiA, smooth ride, clutch braking, safe stowage, repairs etc etc.
Also, depending on how much you're willing to spend per game, you could also run double repair + chocolate. It's rare for the crew to get injured (spall liner) and module damage is more common than crew injuries. Also, since hull shots are rare unless you get hit by arty or if you overextend, running fire extinguisher isn't much of a viable option since everybody just aims at the gigantic turret.
camo nets no longer work that way.

a camo net is probably the most valueble thing you can put on the WT since they give TDs something like 20% camo value.

RodneyDangerfield #16 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 23:08

Major

• Players
  • 50503 battles
Camo is never a bad thing.  One of the biggest benifit a from the camo skill is "blinking" out quicker.  But if you want to be lit easier and stay lit for longer by all means ignore the camo skill.

Lifelessgamer #17 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 23:11

Captain

• Players
  • 20021 battles
  • [HCGWD] HCGWD
My $0.02
Equipment: Camo net/Binocs/Vent err optics
Skills
Commander: BIA/6th sense/Camo/Situational awareness
Gunner: BIA/camo/Armorer/snapshot
Driver: BIA/camo/offroad driving/clutch breaking
Loader: BIA/camo/repair/whatever
Loader: BIA/camo/repair/whatever

Edited by Lifelessgamer, Dec 11 2013 - 23:13.

The_Millard #18 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 23:15

Major

• Players
  • 23059 battles

View PostRodneyDangerfield, on Dec 11 2013 - 23:08, said:

Camo is never a bad thing.  One of the biggest benifit a from the camo skill is "blinking" out quicker.  But if you want to be lit easier and stay lit for longer by all means ignore the camo skill.

Camo does not effect how long you are lit, merely, when you will be lit.

RodneyDangerfield #19 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 50503 battles

View PostThe_Millard, on Dec 11 2013 - 22:57, said:

Oh good grief, those modules!Try: Camo net, Optics, Binocs.

Superspall,WAR, co2 to mitigate the crappy armor

Aquavolt #20 Posted Dec 11 2013 - 23:19

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 12454 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostHurk, on Dec 11 2013 - 22:59, said:

camo nets no longer work that way.

a camo net is probably the most valueble thing you can put on the WT since they give TDs something like 20% camo value.

You're right, sorry for sounding so arrogant. I'll tell my friends to put camo on all their barn sized tanks because you said so.

Can you teach me how to play my waffle in a PM please?