Going from 1756 on fame alley to 3434 overnight awesome....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Notomo #21 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 15:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 16033 battles

View Posttefftorbes, on Dec 16 2013 - 15:53, said:

Were you even aware that many people were getting 30, 40, 50, 70k+ bonuses for their clans completing missions?

Yup I though the whole idea behind the campaign was to reward individual players skills not the top clans that can field 12 T62a's  or 12 is7's every game. I am more pissed at myself for thinking I actually had a chance than anything else, wargaming has screwed this stuff up every time they have done it why should I think this time would be anything different. Also getting rid of the victory point stealing after the first phase because the top clans were losing there places was a real shocker.... not. 

Roachy #22 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 15:59

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15103 battles

View Postvladvirus, on Dec 17 2013 - 00:58, said:

or like 95k :)

Awww, almost 20k more than we did.... I should go start a QQ thread about that :popcorn:

Edited by Roachy, Dec 16 2013 - 16:00.

SystemRename3894 #23 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32779 battles
I didn't participate in CW at all this season and got exactly what I expected: more time to work on other things and no WG related frustration! :medal:

ShootDontTalk #24 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:01

Private

• Players
  • 34113 battles
It's funny how ppl brag about being carried by their clan.

scorp11 #25 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35417 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View PostxGODLIKESKILLSx, on Dec 16 2013 - 09:43, said:

i was 1356 place last night and players only play one match get the tank it's wrong .....

at the end of the day its still "Clan Wars". so for members to benefit from missions is not wrong.

Monty_Droppings #26 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21149 battles

View PostShootDontTalk, on Dec 16 2013 - 10:01, said:

It's funny how scrubs complain about dropping 1800 spots. 

vladvirus #27 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:13

Major

• Players
  • 12295 battles

View PostShootDontTalk, on Dec 16 2013 - 15:01, said:

They have excellent teammates. And good commanders that actually know how to WIN MISSIONS.

They can brag all they want.

Trumps_ #28 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24627 battles

View PostTigermate, on Dec 16 2013 - 09:56, said:

I went from 2917 to 1158 - but then Volt had someone who could read - so he read the Campaign rules.

Grats Tiger!!! I went from 3037 - 1372... Like Tiger said man you have to read the rules..

Edited by rtrumps, Dec 16 2013 - 16:31.

WoodStar #29 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16639 battles

View PostCallMeBoog, on Dec 16 2013 - 08:38, said:

i brought popcorn, anybody want some? :popcorn:

me

elrond2002 #30 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15387 battles
great another give away to the top clans. Won some battles and lost some battles. With these numbers though you needed not play on the 1st abd 2nd phase of the campaign. Only thing you needed was a few lucky ones in the last on tier x's which are dominated by the top clans. I don't mind then their skill they are good players. I rather have thoug that cw wouldn't give me the impression that I had a shot. They should do what they did the 1st campaign abd just re ward the top clans. Then I would not have bothered playing the campaign. Feel free to check my stats.. I'm an'ok' player. Not great but neither crap either. This game thing was to promote individual achievement but that was not how it came out. Still clan based as you need to win the right clan battles. Give the top clan the 1000000 gold cool with that but the way this was formulated they got both the top gold and the tanks. Highly likely I'll stop playing at this point because I feel shafted. Not that WG-na will care even though I actually use dollars ing this game. Which I'm starting to think is completely misplaced. Big surprise there...

Havoc #31 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26279 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNotomo, on Dec 16 2013 - 14:59, said:

Yup I though the whole idea behind the campaign was to reward individual players skills not the top clans that can field 12 T62a's  or 12 is7's every game. I am more pissed at myself for thinking I actually had a chance than anything else, wargaming has screwed this stuff up every time they have done it why should I think this time would be anything different. Also getting rid of the victory point stealing after the first phase because the top clans were losing there places was a real shocker.... not. 

12 Is7's. Damn, how did you find our strats bro?

lostwingman #32 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22779 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNotomo, on Dec 16 2013 - 08:59, said:

Yup I though the whole idea behind the campaign was to reward individual players skills not the top clans that can field 12 T62a's  or 12 is7's every game.

Sorry that this was CLAN wars and not INDIVIDUAL wars.

Go back to pubs if you want individual glorification. That shit doesn't belong here and just creates toxic environments in clans were more than 20 of the members are capable players.

vladvirus #33 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 12295 battles

View Postelrond2002, on Dec 16 2013 - 15:31, said:

great another give away to the top clans. Won some battles and lost some battles. With these numbers though you needed not play on the 1st abd 2nd phase of the campaign. Only thing you needed was a few lucky ones in the last on tier x's which are dominated by the top clans. I don't mind then their skill they are good players. I rather have thoug that cw wouldn't give me the impression that I had a shot. They should do what they did the 1st campaign abd just re ward the top clans. Then I would not have bothered playing the campaign. Feel free to check my stats.. I'm an'ok' player. Not great but neither crap either. This game thing was to promote individual achievement but that was not how it came out. Still clan based as you need to win the right clan battles. Give the top clan the 1000000 gold cool with that but the way this was formulated they got both the top gold and the tanks. Highly likely I'll stop playing at this point because I feel shafted. Not that WG-na will care even though I actually use dollars ing this game. Which I'm starting to think is completely misplaced. Big surprise there...

Give Away?!? We've worked our butts off for this thing. We didn't go kicking srubbies off sandbox - we mapped ourselves to do missions, We've chaised trained, we've played against other best clams out there. How in the world is this a give away???

ed_anger #34 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14285 battles
ended up at 265, probably pretty pathetic for a G member, thanks Obama

sr360 #35 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:40

Major

• Players
  • 59119 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostNotomo, on Dec 16 2013 - 09:59, said:

You keep on believing that, cupcake.

Dianeces #36 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19983 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNotomo, on Dec 16 2013 - 04:59, said:

You've found out our secret for winning clam wars. It's bringing 12 tanks and not the full 15. 

Toxicstar010 #37 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9558 battles

Congrats to all 3000 people who won the tank.  There's a reason why top clans want top players--it's so they can win missions and Clan Wars (for prizes like tanks and gold).  It isn't right for people to be putting down the effort those clans put into the strategic abidance of the mission rules.  

Unfortunately, what was left in the smaller clans was a bunch of bickering over who was going to get in a battle, who didn't have enough points, who was getting too many battles, etc only to find that all that fighting was for nothing.  There are a lot of people that got pushed out for the Faillowe who had battled almost every night.  That sucks, yeah, but the rules are the rules.

It's kinda common sense that any competition like this where the top 3000 people win a free tier X, you can bet the top 3000 are going to be from the top clans.  The insults aren't worth it.  Yes, we know there are a lot of clans that worked hard doing battles and were pushed out place on the Faillowe, but we also know that the clans that got the tank worked hard, too, in order to ensure their guys were guaranteed the tank.

tefftorbes #38 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 16:56

Captain

• Players
  • 15004 battles

View Postelrond2002, on Dec 16 2013 - 10:31, said:

The top clans aren't just more skilled, they are more consistent, and far more organized.

It was clear to everyone involved that the mission fame points would be a major part of what you needed to do in order to win.

The victory points were actually oftentimes at odds with the fame point missions to boot - to pull off getting VPs while doing FP missions on top of dealing with regular battles is a feat of organization, skill, and dedication.

WG can do what they want to do to give everyone hope of winning the big prize, but the bottom line is that as long as everyone is competing for the big prize, the bigger clans are always going to dominate for the above reasons.  If they had a different set of smaller prizes (Say a tier 5 reward tank) for missions that had nothing to do with the main campaign, then the smaller clans would have a smaller sandbox to compete in.

That you didn't get a handout for your inferior performance is not a problem. You have nobody but yourself to blame.

In addition to this, there was a very good set of public predictions and discussion about FP needed. If you weren't aware of this, you probably weren't trying very hard.

Edited by tefftorbes, Dec 16 2013 - 17:05.

redhairdave #39 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 17:00

Major

• Players
  • 15875 battles
i love you guys, i was looking at a boring monday at work, now i have all this gold all over the forums to amuse me for days!  see you on the field...in my faillowe

SilkySmooth #40 Posted Dec 16 2013 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 30719 battles

View Posttefftorbes, on Dec 16 2013 - 15:56, said:

The top clans aren't just more skilled, they are more consistent, and far more organized.

It was clear to everyone involved that the mission fame points would be a major part of what you needed to do in order to win.

The victory points were actually oftentimes at odds with the fame point missions to boot - to pull off getting VPs while doing FP missions on top of dealing with regular battles is a feat of organization, skill, and dedication.

WG can do what they want to do to give everyone hope of winning the big prize, but the bottom line is that as long as everyone is competing for the big prize, the bigger clans are always going to dominate for the above reasons.  If they had a different set of smaller prizes (Say a tier 5 reward tank) for missions that had nothing to do with the main campaign, then the smaller clans would have a smaller sandbox to compete in.

That you didn't get a handout for your inferior performance is not a problem. You have nobody but yourself to blame.

and far more organized.

I do feel bad for those that thought they were going to get a faillowe last night only to wake-up and find they are not in the top 3000. But this is not a WG fault or a top clans fault. Look closer to home at your command structure. It wasn't hard to count the many missions and the fact that they were worth a lot of fame points for the WHOLE clan. Not just the 15 that happened to battle on any given night.  

I am sure some clans stayed away from these areas and just farmed gold. This was a wrong approach that again could have been avoided if they just took the time to read and figure out what is really took to get their members into the top 3000.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users