Jump to content


IS-6 Mission Support Group: You can do it, we can help!

IS-6 Mission Life is Tanks Tankers helping Tankers

  • Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

Brontoscorpio #821 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 08:55

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13871 battles
  • 802
  • [KURO] KURO
  • Member since:
    03-31-2011

Day 25

 

USSR           100k/100k
Germany        100k/100k
USA            100k/100k
Britain        88k/100k
France         100k/100k
China          100k/100k
Japan          66k/100k

654k/700k

 

 

Chi-to has been almost fully cursed

In the last 20 games it has had a whopping one win

 

 



LAV25OG #822 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 09:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 90320 battles
  • 253
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-
  • Member since:
    01-21-2013

I got mine a couple days ago, and it is awesome. stick with it and enjoy the result as much as me. the grind was painful, but I stuck with it andfinished pretty quick.

btw, top gun first game in it. no shit.


Edited by LAV25OG, Jan 13 2014 - 09:13.


teh_chris #823 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 12:15

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10996 battles
  • 360
  • [BURDY] BURDY
  • Member since:
    09-16-2010

Day 27 Sad Grind Update:

Day 27: Uni starts today. loljk, I don't have classes on Mondays. +21.6k
 
Tank:                                           Progress:          Daily Δ:
Russia: KV-1S                            100k/100k         DONE
Germany:  VK 3001M, Jadg 4   100k/100k          DONE
Britain: Cromwell                       100k/100k          DONE
America: Hellcat                         74.9k/100k       +8.1k
China:  Type 58                          100k/100k          DONE
France: ARL 44                          100k/100k          DONE
Japan: Chi-To                             85.8k/100k         +13.5k
 
Total: 669.6k/700k                                                 +21.6k
Minimum Per Day XP:         30.4k left -- appox 10.1k assuming 3 days


Full poast here.
 

It's looking like one more good day of grinding and I'll be done. We'll see about that, though. It will most likely be done before dailies reset on Wednesday, and I'm fine with that if it has to be that way.

 

 

View PostBrontoscorpio, on Jan 12 2014 - 21:55, said:

Chi-to has been almost fully cursed

In the last 20 games it has had a whopping one win


Ugh. Chi-Tomobile worst mobile. Thankfully, I'm almost done with it.



Allied_General #824 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 12:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33715 battles
  • 1,010
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013

Well, since the server restarted, checking in with you guys. Japs is over 90% done, when the server is back up I think I'll have it 100% done sometime soon this morning.

This leaves me with just French and UK to finish off. UK will be the tuff one, I'm not liking this AT-8 one bit... but this is a good lesson to master its weaknesses which should help me in the future.

 

I got rid of the top gun on the ARL, and going back to the derp... My performance has been total crap with the much higher tier gun.



Valan #825 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 13:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 34661 battles
  • 2,059
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostBrontoscorpio, on Jan 13 2014 - 08:55, said:

Chi-to has been almost fully cursed

In the last 20 games it has had a whopping one win

 

 

 

The Chi-To been so problematic for myself... I ended up downloading watching 15 different top scoring Chi-To matches, to figure out what I was doing wrong, if anything.  Noticed in a few load out commonalities:

 

  • average gun reload times varies from 3.1 to 3.3 second a shell (Vents or BIA plus Rammer plus "Food");
  • tank camo paint;
  • Vision superiority: Binoculars; or Food+Optics+Vents+BIA and or both Commander and Radio Operator's view skills were picked
  • Crew Camo Skills appeared to be popular
  • Zoom mod with settings up to 30x to 45x to 55.4x  | Every single top Chi-To scorer had a Zoom mod with a higher setting greater than 8x.
  • Ammunition load outs varied widely, a more than a few carried zero premium AP shells, some only APCR, some a mixture of AP & HE, and still others roughly equal amounts of each of the three shell types.

 

Generally most of the top scoring matches I watched the Chi-To in question was the top tank, whereas a large number of my Chi-To 100+ matches have varied from Battle Tier 7 to 9.   Chuckles, yes platooning with SU-152 was a bad idea, when the driver and friend in the SU-152 has a win rate above +70%. SU-152 is a tier 7 tank destroyer, which bought my Chi-To frequently up tier, to battle tier 9.  I do not suggest platooning with any tank that has a higher battle tier range, while in Chi-To.  Also best not to platoon with 70% w/r players either, if one is seeking relatively better matchmaking status.

 

Separately, in terms of camo values and functionality, I have a strong suspicion the Chi-To is similar to the Valentine AT.  The Valentine AT stinks to high heavens without crew wide camo skills, yet with crew wide camo skills one could argue the Valentine AT quite strong overall.  My own Chi-To lacks crew wide camo skills, so my win rate is similar to my old Valentine AT crews before they trained camo.  What to do, if one lacks camo?

 

Possibility re-tool your Chi-To's load out to the following:

  • Modules = Rammer + Vents + Optics
  • Consumables = "Food" + Repair kit (small or large) + First Aid kit (small or large)  |  Note "Food" presently costs slightly less than three premium ammunition shells: 10k.  Consumables will **double in price** after the IS-6 mission ends, as the 50% off sale will end then.
  • Get tank camo paint.

 

Why do this?

Increase your Chi-To's 'margin of relative safety', by seeking to min-max both vision & damage per minute abilities.  The greater the bubble between when you spot your opponents versus they do you, the greater your chances are to tilting a fight to your advantage.  A greater D.P.M ability allows one to better leverage one's vision bubble of relative safety, and also to more likely to survive a knife fight if necessary.

 

 

Chi-To base view range Two Crew vision skills Vents Optics Food B.I.A.

View Range

 

(Max view range is 445, any values above this can pierce enemy camo values better.)

What % of 1000 meters map can you spot?
 

360

0.05

0.05

0.1 0.1 0.05 486* 62%  
360 0.05 0.05 0.1 0.1 0 468* 62%  
360 0.05 0.05 0.1 0 0.05 450* 62%  
360

0.05

0.05 0.1 0 0 432 59%  
360 0 0.05 0.1

0

0 414 54%  
360 0.05 0.05 0 0 0 396 49%  
360 0.05 0

0

0 0 378 45%  
360 0 0 0 0 0 360 41%  

 

Chi-To feels like a far different tank once one moves its view range from 396 meters out to 468* meters, I know firsthand.  Becomes slightly more like a slower bastard hybrid offspring of an Easy 8, 30.02(M) and a T40.  General goal of this build is not to get hit by the enemy in the first place, yet be able to spot & damage opponents quickly.

 

Thoughts?



hardicon #826 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 15:42

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 54352 battles
  • 5,595
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    07-03-2010
Got mine Saturday night.  Now I take a break from tier sixes for a good long while.

DaddyTin #827 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 15:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27923 battles
  • 775
  • [GLION] GLION
  • Member since:
    08-17-2013

View PostSector7G, on Jan 12 2014 - 22:56, said:

I was hoping I could use a program to see what my performance was using all the t6 tanks during the last month.

 

I though wotstatistics might do it, but I have not been running it, and Im not sure Id know how to do it.

 

Sector, I changed the Session Period in WoT Statistics to start Dec 16 and then looked at the tanks by tier.  I manually did the math on average damage and experience as you get totals only for the period.



PeterGibbons316 #828 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 15:57

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21778 battles
  • 1,212
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012

Updating OP with new finishers now......

 

Congrats all!!!



paradat #829 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 17:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 34758 battles
  • 8,731
  • [TBW] TBW
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011

Uh oh took a break may have waited to long! So What day are we on 28?... Still need about 100k to finish. I blame Star trek online for my longer than expected absence lol....

 

So 87,439 on the French, 61,372 on China, and 54,115 on Japan. Will need to knuckle down over the last few days.

 

If I can just resist warping to sector space I should be able to finish and get the full gold value for the IS-6



Shrike58 #830 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 18:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 69381 battles
  • 8,701
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013

View PostValan, on Jan 13 2014 - 07:59, said:

 

The Chi-To been so problematic for myself... I ended up downloading watching 15 different top scoring Chi-To matches, to figure out what I was doing wrong, if anything.  Noticed in a few load out commonalities:

 

  • average gun reload times varies from 3.1 to 3.3 second a shell (Vents or BIA plus Rammer plus "Food");
  • tank camo paint;
  • Vision superiority: Binoculars; or Food+Optics+Vents+BIA and or both Commander and Radio Operator's view skills were picked
  • Crew Camo Skills appeared to be popular
  • Zoom mod with settings up to 30x to 45x to 55.4x  | Every single top Chi-To scorer had a Zoom mod with a higher setting greater than 8x.
  • Ammunition load outs varied widely, a more than a few carried zero premium AP shells, some only APCR, some a mixture of AP & HE, and still others roughly equal amounts of each of the three shell types.

 

Generally most of the top scoring matches I watched the Chi-To in question was the top tank, whereas a large number of my Chi-To 100+ matches have varied from Battle Tier 7 to 9.   Chuckles, yes platooning with SU-152 was a bad idea, when the driver and friend in the SU-152 has a win rate above +70%. SU-152 is a tier 7 tank destroyer, which bought my Chi-To frequently up tier, to battle tier 9.  I do not suggest platooning with any tank that has a higher battle tier range, while in Chi-To.  Also best not to platoon with 70% w/r players either, if one is seeking relatively better matchmaking status.

 

Separately, in terms of camo values and functionality, I have a strong suspicion the Chi-To is similar to the Valentine AT.  The Valentine AT stinks to high heavens without crew wide camo skills, yet with crew wide camo skills one could argue the Valentine AT quite strong overall.  My own Chi-To lacks crew wide camo skills, so my win rate is similar to my old Valentine AT crews before they trained camo.  What to do, if one lacks camo?

 

Possibility re-tool your Chi-To's load out to the following:

  • Modules = Rammer + Vents + Optics
  • Consumables = "Food" + Repair kit (small or large) + First Aid kit (small or large)  |  Note "Food" presently costs slightly less than three premium ammunition shells: 10k.  Consumables will **double in price** after the IS-6 mission ends, as the 50% off sale will end then.
  • Get tank camo paint.

 

Why do this?

Increase your Chi-To's 'margin of relative safety', by seeking to min-max both vision & damage per minute abilities.  The greater the bubble between when you spot your opponents versus they do you, the greater your chances are to tilting a fight to your advantage.  A greater D.P.M ability allows one to better leverage one's vision bubble of relative safety, and also to more likely to survive a knife fight if necessary.

 

 

Chi-To base view range Two Crew vision skills Vents Optics Food B.I.A.

View Range

 

(Max view range is 445, any values above this can pierce enemy camo values better.)

What % of 1000 meters map can you spot?
 

360

0.05

0.05

0.1 0.1 0.05 486* 62%  
360 0.05 0.05 0.1 0.1 0 468* 62%  
360 0.05 0.05 0.1 0 0.05 450* 62%  
360

0.05

0.05 0.1 0 0 432 59%  
360 0 0.05 0.1

0

0 414 54%  
360 0.05 0.05 0 0 0 396 49%  
360 0.05 0

0

0 0 378 45%  
360 0 0 0 0 0 360 41%  

 

Chi-To feels like a far different tank once one moves its view range from 396 meters out to 468* meters, I know firsthand.  Becomes slightly more like a slower bastard hybrid offspring of an Easy 8, 30.02(M) and a T40.  General goal of this build is not to get hit by the enemy in the first place, yet be able to spot & damage opponents quickly.

 

Thoughts?

 

I have no thoughts but I am taking notes; I certainly run my Chi-Nu (really just started) more like an M10 than anything else.  I invested in permanent cammo and always carry binocs & a camo net.



brdhntr #831 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 18:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 21925 battles
  • 2,948
  • Member since:
    06-27-2011

View PostValan, on Jan 13 2014 - 13:59, said:

 General goal of this build is not to get hit by the enemy in the first place, yet be able to spot & damage opponents quickly.

 

Thoughts?

Exactly how I play it.  100 games, 65% winrate.  Almost a shame to sell it. 



FluffTheBarbarian #832 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 21:49

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21140 battles
  • 236
  • Member since:
    01-12-2013

Only took 128 battles but I finally did it!

 

Victory!
Sand River    1/13/2014 12:34:32 PM
 Type 4 Chi-To
Recived:2,119 xp  47,254  credits
  Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

 

Worst part about it is that I was one bounced shot off the side of a 4 hp chi-to that would have got me a radley-walters, but I guess you can't have it all.

 

Any ways, I got another 10k xp to finish, so between tonight and tomorrow, I should be done!



GidIrons #833 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 22:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 45663 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
all done finished it last night... Now my is-6 has a special place in my garage.... and bye bye M4ae8 , bye bye at-8 , bye bye type 58, and bye bye forever. Arl39 your next once i finish grinding you out.

DaddyTin #834 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 03:14

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27923 battles
  • 775
  • [GLION] GLION
  • Member since:
    08-17-2013
Found PeterGib (OP author) in a match and gave him a shout.  He then graciously platooned with me in his shiny IS6.  I drove my already-owned one.  We had several battles that were rather stellar for a pair not on comms and using Platoon ingame chat only.  Thanks, PG, for the battles!  See you on soon.

VariaVespasa #835 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 03:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 75706 battles
  • 2,708
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View Postparadat, on Jan 13 2014 - 17:37, said:

Uh oh took a break may have waited to long! So What day are we on 28?... Still need about 100k to finish. I blame Star trek online for my longer than expected absence lol....

 

So 87,439 on the French, 61,372 on China, and 54,115 on Japan. Will need to knuckle down over the last few days.

 

If I can just resist warping to sector space I should be able to finish and get the full gold value for the IS-6

From the time of my reply to you here you have 56 hours and 13 minutes to finish the mission, and to be safe you really want at least a 10 minute safety margin. Plan accordingly and good luck.


Edited by VariaVespasa, Jan 14 2014 - 03:51.


Agnotology #836 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 04:09

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34703 battles
  • 583
  • Member since:
    05-26-2011
finished in 12 days, 3 hours a day, waited for all x5, x2 every game to pass to really feel it out. was pretty easy.

Agnotology #837 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 04:54

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34703 battles
  • 583
  • Member since:
    05-26-2011

View PostValan, on Jan 13 2014 - 13:59, said:

 

The Chi-To been so problematic for myself... I ended up downloading watching 15 different top scoring Chi-To matches, to figure out what I was doing wrong, if anything.  Noticed in a few load out commonalities:

 

  • average gun reload times varies from 3.1 to 3.3 second a shell (Vents or BIA plus Rammer plus "Food");
  • tank camo paint;
  • Vision superiority: Binoculars; or Food+Optics+Vents+BIA and or both Commander and Radio Operator's view skills were picked
  • Crew Camo Skills appeared to be popular
  • Zoom mod with settings up to 30x to 45x to 55.4x  | Every single top Chi-To scorer had a Zoom mod with a higher setting greater than 8x.
  • Ammunition load outs varied widely, a more than a few carried zero premium AP shells, some only APCR, some a mixture of AP & HE, and still others roughly equal amounts of each of the three shell types.

 

Generally most of the top scoring matches I watched the Chi-To in question was the top tank, whereas a large number of my Chi-To 100+ matches have varied from Battle Tier 7 to 9.   Chuckles, yes platooning with SU-152 was a bad idea, when the driver and friend in the SU-152 has a win rate above +70%. SU-152 is a tier 7 tank destroyer, which bought my Chi-To frequently up tier, to battle tier 9.  I do not suggest platooning with any tank that has a higher battle tier range, while in Chi-To.  Also best not to platoon with 70% w/r players either, if one is seeking relatively better matchmaking status.

 

Separately, in terms of camo values and functionality, I have a strong suspicion the Chi-To is similar to the Valentine AT.  The Valentine AT stinks to high heavens without crew wide camo skills, yet with crew wide camo skills one could argue the Valentine AT quite strong overall.  My own Chi-To lacks crew wide camo skills, so my win rate is similar to my old Valentine AT crews before they trained camo.  What to do, if one lacks camo?

 

Possibility re-tool your Chi-To's load out to the following:

  • Modules = Rammer + Vents + Optics
  • Consumables = "Food" + Repair kit (small or large) + First Aid kit (small or large)  |  Note "Food" presently costs slightly less than three premium ammunition shells: 10k.  Consumables will **double in price** after the IS-6 mission ends, as the 50% off sale will end then.
  • Get tank camo paint.

 

Why do this?

Increase your Chi-To's 'margin of relative safety', by seeking to min-max both vision & damage per minute abilities.  The greater the bubble between when you spot your opponents versus they do you, the greater your chances are to tilting a fight to your advantage.  A greater D.P.M ability allows one to better leverage one's vision bubble of relative safety, and also to more likely to survive a knife fight if necessary.

 

 

Chi-To base view range Two Crew vision skills Vents Optics Food B.I.A.

View Range

 

(Max view range is 445, any values above this can pierce enemy camo values better.)

What % of 1000 meters map can you spot?
 

360

0.05

0.05

0.1 0.1 0.05 486* 62%  
360 0.05 0.05 0.1 0.1 0 468* 62%  
360 0.05 0.05 0.1 0 0.05 450* 62%  
360

0.05

0.05 0.1 0 0 432 59%  
360 0 0.05 0.1

0

0 414 54%  
360 0.05 0.05 0 0 0 396 49%  
360 0.05 0

0

0 0 378 45%  
360 0 0 0 0 0 360 41%  

 

Chi-To feels like a far different tank once one moves its view range from 396 meters out to 468* meters, I know firsthand.  Becomes slightly more like a slower bastard hybrid offspring of an Easy 8, 30.02(M) and a T40.  General goal of this build is not to get hit by the enemy in the first place, yet be able to spot & damage opponents quickly.

 

Thoughts?

 

there are a few major flaws here.

 

vents, BIA, and prem consumables provide a 5% or 10% bonus to crew skills respectively. This is DOES NOT mean a 5% or a 10% bonus due to diminishing returns. vents and bia are generally considered a 2% boost, and prem consumables 4%. Secondly, spotting is hard capped at 450 meters. You can not spot anything past 450 meters, but you can see what someone else is spotting. When your calculated view range exceeds 450 meters, you will actually start to take away from the camo rating of the tanks within 450 meters, making them easier to spot.

 

However, your thoughts on the build are sound. I would change optics for binocs, as the on the move accuracy of the gun makes it painful to attempt being an active medium, not to mention the sluggish speed, massive profile, horrendous camo rating and below average armor. 

 

I personally ran rammer, camo net, and binocs as a second line sniper.


Edited by BigNick, Jan 14 2014 - 04:57.


KiwiMark67 #838 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 06:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 51125 battles
  • 5,060
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
  • Member since:
    08-24-2011

View PostValan, on Jan 14 2014 - 00:59, said:

Thoughts?

 

Like BigNick I favour binocs - 25% bonus directly to view range is a MUCH better bonus.

 

I am not a fan of food generally, that is a 10k (20k when not on special) expense every battle - quite a hit to the finances.

 

Camo paint - why would you not?  To me this isn't even something to think about except for whether you will keep the tank and want to spend gold, but 7 days of paint is pretty cheap for a tier 6.

 

I believe I'm using Vents, Rammer & Binocs.

I started with a 100% crew and after 71 battles they are at 91% on their first additional skill - the commander is working towards 6th sense (so I'm getting no benefit right now, if I didn't mind the cost I could have started him on camo and retrained him later) but the other 4 crew are all on camo skill.
I never bother with HE on small calibre guns, I carry 50 AP and 15 premium AP with 0 HE.

I don't have food but do have large repair, large health and auto extinguisher.

 

Overall I'm getting decent results with my setup.



KiwiMark67 #839 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 06:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 51125 battles
  • 5,060
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
  • Member since:
    08-24-2011

I can't help but think that this mission would be super easy to finish if all my battles went like this one:

 

And yes, that is a tier 8 battle that I kicked serious butt in!

China will be easy to finish now!



earthman34 #840 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 06:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 49481 battles
  • 3,235
  • Member since:
    07-17-2013

View PostMarkopoaso, on Jan 13 2014 - 01:48, said:

What are your reviews on chi-to guys?, im about to start whit it to end whit the mission.

Everything complete exept china and japan: 500K exp

China is around 60k and whit japan i have the tier 5 whit 4k exp fully upgraded exept for radios.

 

The Chi To is better than the Type 58, much better gun. Be prepared for some pain with the Chinese line. Type 58 is definitely more mobile, though.


Edited by earthman34, Jan 14 2014 - 08:41.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users