[WOT *Asyr* - 12] T29 bugged turret and cannon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Asyranok #1 Posted Mar 22 2011 - 20:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30450 battles
Since the last update(beta v.0.6.3.x update), the T29's 105mm Gun T5E1 and T136 Turret have come to suffer some very odd and problematic bugs.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start World of Tanks Open Beta client
2. Select T29 tank with fully upgraded cannon and/or turret
3. Attempt to use cannon and turret in typical combat excersizes

Observed Result:
The cannon fires at the correct ROF but 1 out of every 3 shots fails to connect. The shot either "phases" through an enemy (literally just passing through the enemy as if they weren't there) or it connects but does no damage or deals no critical hit. I have used this tank a lot since the update and I can tell you with 100% precision that the cannon is bugged.

In addition to the previously stated problems, shots will also bounce at medium range about 80% of the time, regardless of the target tank. Four shots bounced off a Wespe artillery piece in a row from 100 meters away. Two were in the rear of the tank and two were in the front of the tank's armor. All four were as close to a 90 degree angle as possible. Two officially bounced (as my commander yelled out) and two connected but did no damage or dealt no critcal hits. This wespe managed to deal 90% damage to my T29 over several minutes while the two of use dueled at medium range. An IS rolled up next to me and shot the wespe once for the kill - saving my life as well.

Finally, the accuracy is 3x as low as this gun was before the last update. This is absolutely no exaggeration that bullets have literally come out of my T29 cannon and dropped straight to the ground in front of me, even when taking the time to aim at a target 50 meters away. The bug here is that bullets are failing WELL out of the aiming reticule's target zone. This wouldn't be a problem if these "dud" shots were coming out of a moving tank's cannon, but they occur more often when taking a stationary position and taking time to aim and fire.

Finally, the upgraded turret on the T29 is very bugged. The "ears" or parascopes on the sides are a major weakpoint. A tank should easily be able to disable them by shooting them, but the T29 should not be able to lose all 1000+ HP points from shots ONLY on this part of the turret. Not only this but the armor values on the upgraded turret are NOT the same as the standard stock turret. Shots penetrate MUCH more easily on the upgraded turret even though the values are supposed to be the same. While the standard turret will bounce 100% of the shots from, say, a 150 mm gun, the upgraded turret will only bounce half of those shots.

Expected Result:
The gun's shots do not drop to the ground, well out of the reticules aiming area. The shots do not "ghost" or "Phase" or pass through a tank as if the shell never existed. And the tank's upgraded turret has armor values accurately reflecting the numbers listed to represent it.

ZombieFlanders #2 Posted Mar 22 2011 - 21:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 12387 battles
i have noticed some if this behavior with other tanks so they arent T29 specific.  shots pass right through it seems some times.  however i have also noticed that sometimes i will get a hit but no audio confirmation form the crew.  i know this because i kept count manually as i played and i had the same (sometimes off by 1-2)  totals at the end of the match.  this has been happening since the 6.3 patch for me.  also i get a fair amount of shots that go completely outside the dispersion ring. this is especially frustrating because my favorite tanks are the germans with their very accurate guns.  nothing like driving one into the dirt right in front of my position while aiming hundreds of yards away.  both of these happen with all sorts of vehicles, most of which with 100% crews.  

as for the range finder blisters...it sucks that the tank has such a large weak spot but the T29 is pretty strong for its tier.  other tank have their weak spots, the T29s just happens to be large and highly conspicuous.

Asyranok #3 Posted Mar 22 2011 - 21:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30450 battles

View PostZombieFlanders, on Mar 22 2011 - 21:19, said:

i have noticed some if this behavior with other tanks so they arent T29 specific.  shots pass right through it seems some times.  however i have also noticed that sometimes i will get a hit but no audio confirmation form the crew.  i know this because i kept count manually as i played and i had the same (sometimes off by 1-2)  totals at the end of the match.  this has been happening since the 6.3 patch for me.  also i get a fair amount of shots that go completely outside the dispersion ring. this is especially frustrating because my favorite tanks are the germans with their very accurate guns.  nothing like driving one into the dirt right in front of my position while aiming hundreds of yards away.  both of these happen with all sorts of vehicles, most of which with 100% crews.  

as for the range finder blisters...it sucks that the tank has such a large weak spot but the T29 is pretty strong for its tier.  other tank have their weak spots, the T29s just happens to be large and highly conspicuous.

Regardless of whether or not this happens to other tanks, this happens in the T29 exponentially more than the other 20 or so tanks I have played in. In fact. I have never noticed these problems more than one shot in a match on another tank. In the T29, one out of every 3 shots ghosts through someone and is bugged. And 50% of the times I am shot in the turret it penetrates. Heck an M7 medium was penetrating the front of my turret in my T29 yesterday. Did 300 damage to me before I took him out. An M6 did the same but did 800 damage before I killed him. All of these shots were directly in the front of my turret...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users