First thing is first, if you are here to post that World of Warplanes sucks, you can GTFO right now. This thread is made to compare the match making system between World of Tanks and World of Warplanes. Nothing more, nothing less.
Objective: Bring the MM from World of Warplanes to World of Tanks.
Keep the following in mind:
World of Tanks and World of Warplanes are made by the same company Wargaming.net.
World of Tanks and World of Warplanes are developed by different studios/companies.
- The World of Tanks project was launched by Minsk‑based studio Game Stream.
- World of Warplanes is being developed at Persha Studia—the Kiev-based developmental center of Wargaming.
World of Tanks was released on April 12, 2011 for North America. Russia release was August 12, 2010.
World of Warplanes was released on November 13, 2013 for North America. Russia release was November 12, 2013.
I didn't notice this until an hour ago. The match making system seems to work really well in World of Warplanes. So I wondered why is it that the company that released the same game cannot apply the same standards across the boards? Seriously. I understand the fundamental reason to have different developing companies for each of the games, but why can't they use the same blue print?
Ok, so now let's talk business. First we will compare the two games:
World of Tanks:
- Population: ~40,000
- Number of different classes: 5
- Light Tank
- Medium Tank
- Heavy Tank
- Tank Destroyer
- Queue time: ~3 - 60 seconds
World of Warplanes:
- Population: ~1,800
- Number of different classes: 3
- Heavy Figher
- Ground Attack
- Queue time: ~3 - 40 seconds
So here are my questions to the developers:
- Why is the wait time consistently lower in World of Warplanes compared to World of Tanks?
- Why is the match maker more accurate on picking players/planes in terms of classes in World of Warplanes compared to World of Tanks?
- Why is the tier spread more accurate in World of Warplanes compared to World of Tanks?
- Why do I not get high tier battles in a stock plane in World of Warplanes compared to stock tank in World of Tanks?
I will be updating and bumping this thread every day to get answers. I will also post pictures of MM from World of Warplanes to prove that you did something right with World of Warplanes, that needs to be fixed in World of Tanks.
Edited by Styo, Dec 21 2013 - 20:42.