• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Ehre #1 Posted Mar 24 2011 - 19:54

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

Vallter said:

Dear Players,

Due to the introduction of an automated system of violations tracking  (teamdamage, teamkill), the administration draws your attention to the following information - with the introduction of this system, users’ complaints about the above mentioned violations will not be considered.

From now on all punishments for teamdamage and teamkill will be executed automatically without support service workers' interference. The system has been customized, tested multiple times and currently works stably. We also draw your attention to the fact that a multitude of all possible circumstances accompanying different violations (including extenuating and aggravating ones) has been taken into consideration.

All requests relating to ban cancellation or minimizing the punishment period, laid by the system, will be ignored.

Additional information on the automated system of teamkillers and bot users tracking you will find on this page:
http://forum.worldof...ill-autosystem/

The content below is now no longer valid.
Spoiler                     

Jaigenarc #2 Posted Mar 24 2011 - 20:03

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles
I thought it was just PRTSCR? Without ctrl?

Anyway, thanks for putting this up. Definitely a very good, informative post :)

GeorgePatton #3 Posted Mar 24 2011 - 20:37

First lieutenant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 6426 battles
I've FF'ed people more than once in my Stug when they kept popping out right as I fired, so, maybe you shouldn't put about people "deliberately shooting you while you are distracted."

You get people thinking that people do that commonly.

Cheers!
Glenn

Edit: Oh, yeah, it is only Prt Scrn.

Kerzin #4 Posted Mar 24 2011 - 21:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30530 battles
  • [RUSTY] RUSTY
Good guide, a few thing to remember though.

Friendly fire is part of the game mechanics and will happen so not every team hit or TK is intentional, so if someone damages/TK’s you it may be an accident just something to keep in mind, also if you happen to TK someone on your team say sorry in chat it’s the least you can do and be prepared for some abuse that will likely happen to.

I can tell you that if you play this game long enough sooner or later you will inadvertently damage and/or kill someone one your team, so be polite say you’re sorry and try to aim better next time.

Jaigenarc #5 Posted Mar 24 2011 - 23:13

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 1528 battles

View PostKerzin, on Mar 24 2011 - 21:21, said:

Good guide, a few thing to remember though.

Friendly fire is part of the game mechanics and will happen so not every team hit or TK is intentional, so if someone damages/TK’s you it may be an accident just something to keep in mind, also if you happen to TK someone on your team say sorry in chat it’s the least you can do and be prepared for some abuse that will likely happen to.

I can tell you that if you play this game long enough sooner or later you will inadvertently damage and/or kill someone one your team, so be polite say you’re sorry and try to aim better next time.

You can usually tell when it's an accident, you've kinda just gotta use your good judgement :P

And definitely make sure to apologize, even if all you did was accidentally bump into someone. Not apologizing tends to lead to something we all know as ROAD RAGE.
I actually saw a situation like this. One guy accidentally rammed a KV with a derp gun, broke both of their trax. His trax got fixed, he backed up, and went on his way. Without warning the KV one shots the other guy, yelling about the other guy breakin his trax. Then someone else thinks that the KV is a TKer and tries to take him out before he kills anyone else. As you can imagine, the KV now has -2. This then all led to chat spam lasting the WHOLE match of people yelling at each other. The match really wasn't at all that fun. I (unfortunately) let myself get pulled into the argument, joining the side against the KV (which was now dead) and he gets even more pissed than before and gives away my position to the other team (this was on Camplovoka which meant instant doom for me :P)

Moral of the story: don't get involved in TKing, no matter what side you're on.

Ehre #6 Posted Mar 27 2011 - 10:20

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostJaigenarc, on Mar 24 2011 - 20:03, said:

I thought it was just PRTSCR? Without ctrl?

Anyway, thanks for putting this up. Definitely a very good, informative post :)

some players have reported that just PRTSCR doesn't work for them. officially it is CTRL + PRTSCR, just hit F1 in-game and you can see the command to get a screen shot listed there.

View PostGeorgePatton, on Mar 24 2011 - 20:37, said:

I've FF'ed people more than once in my Stug when they kept popping out right as I fired, so, maybe you shouldn't put about people "deliberately shooting you while you are distracted."

You get people thinking that people do that commonly.

Cheers!
Glenn

Edit: Oh, yeah, it is only Prt Scrn.

i know, as i have pointed out, in most cases it is just friendly fire (FF). but you have to be aware that some sneaky griefers take advantage of situations to shoot you in the back while pretending it's friendly fire. one must be aware at all times because some sick people are out there doing this.

as Kerzin and Jaigenarc have rightly pointed out, if he apologizes at once it is most likely unintentional friendly fire. you have to be observant and use your judgment, ie: did you run in front of your team mate while he was in position and taking a shot? were you blindly charging in front of your team? in most situations friendly fire happens when you do something silly.

but you have griefers who shoot you and then they quickly apologize too. now if there are no enemies around it would seem really suspicious, but in the midst of battle he's counting on you not to notice anything. and if you do notice, he's hoping you'd disregard it as friendly fire while sitting there laughing at you. it's hard to catch these people so you have to be situationaly aware and use your judgment.

believe me there are people out there getting their kicks from this. imo these people are worse than your regular griefers and team killers, as they are using psychology and the mechanics of the game to cloak their malicious actions and get away with it.

if enough people catch them and report them, one less griefer around.

steve07 #7 Posted Mar 27 2011 - 19:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6603 battles
Thanks for the guide Ehre. I'm glad somebody took the time to cover this. Last night, some guy killed 3 of out team (including me). I reported it, but did it incorrectly. Next time I'll get the screenshot. The guy took out 2 tanks on my left. When I went to plug the gap (didn't know what he did), he pulled back and tagged from the rear, and then laughed about it.  :angry:

Ehre #8 Posted Mar 27 2011 - 21:47

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Poststeve07, on Mar 27 2011 - 19:38, said:

Thanks for the guide Ehre. I'm glad somebody took the time to cover this. Last night, some guy killed 3 of out team (including me). I reported it, but did it incorrectly. Next time I'll get the screenshot. The guy took out 2 tanks on my left. When I went to plug the gap (didn't know what he did), he pulled back and tagged from the rear, and then laughed about it.  :angry:

glad you found this helpful. remember to screen shot and do it quick. in this way you will always have evidence, and also you will get the name of the culprit. some of them have weird names to make it hard to remember.

if you had the pics and reported the killer he'd have been banned pretty quickly. if all 3 of you who were killed reported, he'd have been banned so quickly he wouldn't know what hit him, and would also get further penalized.

remember, every griefer or killer who gets away lives again to make life miserable for another innocent victim. it's up to us to be vigilant and make sure these sick people get reported and dealt with appropriately.

Start2 #9 Posted May 09 2011 - 14:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 67617 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Yes, very hard to hold back shooting back.........

Another note, if you are attacked in Tier 1, remember they may not know any better... I had a MS-1 and was attacked by a LTTractor out to the gate. I believe he did not know we were on the same side (he only saw a Russian and he was a German)

be aware that "newbies" are needed to forward the game (we always need new targets ;)

pekiti #10 Posted May 09 2011 - 14:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3669 battles
Screen shots are your friend. If you've never taken one, try it out immediately in the next match you are in. The screen shots are stored in your main game folder (for me, using Windows 7, its in C:/games/Worldoftanks). They will be called SS001, SS002, etc.

It's always nice to check the thread for Violations and Punishments and see the name of your TKer/botter/jerk listed as having been banned (sometimes permanently). This confirms you didn't waste your time reporting the bad guy, and you know they do make an effort to police the game. I saw two on today's list, and it warmed my heart.

Viper69 #11 Posted May 09 2011 - 14:36

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
Great guide I have to say, but I would like to add a small comments to the Devs.

There really needs to be an in game report system. The system as you mentioned is so clunky and archaic. It should work as follows. /report soandso a micro screenshot is taken and sent with the report. Or better yet, right click on their name and report that way.

Kaeldian #12 Posted May 09 2011 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 19203 battles
Eh, it's hard not to retaliate.  Had some fucktard who hated SPG's team damage me delibertly.  Fearing he was going to do the same to the other SPG's on the team, I went ahead and put a shell into his back and took him out of the game.  If I get banned for it, it'll be the Devs loss, not mine - I'd much rather take the -1 for the team and get banned than let this asshatery continue.  There honestly needs to be a much better system in place than there is to deal with this.

Luckily, such occurances have been rare.

Punisher_1 #13 Posted May 09 2011 - 17:06

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3484 battles
  • [TB] TB
Nice +1 and this should be pinned for all the new guys to see, cant tell ya how many posts are trashed in the forums on this subject. In addition to that question being asked in general chat 100s of times a day,

SentinelTiberius #14 Posted May 09 2011 - 23:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 2923 battles
The only time I have actually TK'd someone was in an arty.  There were 4 of us and we were raining steady fire down on a disabled KV.  He was surviving it pretty well when all of a sudden one of our light scouts decides to ram the KV just after I had fired.  My shot landed and ended up taking them both out.  I apologized and the scout of course raged the rest of the match trying to call me an intentional TK'er and trying to goad others of our team into taking me out.  My only response was that if an enemy is receiving steady fire from 4 different artillery pieces maybe it isn't such a hot idea to ram said target.  Contrary to popular belief, arty doesn't have laser like pinpoint accuracy.  The only thing I can say about this is that it can and does happen on accident.  Just apologize and move on, there is nothing else you can do.

Victoranith #15 Posted May 10 2011 - 01:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 18956 battles
  • [-I-I-] -I-I-
there's game rules about how you can play the game?

althou it's a nice rule, it sounds kind of absurd. why dont they just implemend a kick-system for people that do intentionally TK? sentient minds can judge a intentional FF alot better than a scrn shot can provide as evidence, and like we all know, there's gonna be people who will simply claim that the accidental FF was intentional, for the same reason people do TK.

i've saw multiple reasons of TK, including "mistaking the match to be free-for-all", "he's blocking my line of fire, i told him to move but he didnt so i shot him up", and also one time when a medium tank kept himself right behind a heavy peaking down a cliff, the medium always stuck up blocking his retreat until the heavy got shot into a pile of junk.

the main reason why i dont like this rule is that, i've encountered "professional" TKers in more than just one game, and i've been victims to them more than once as well. they're easily recognized, and most of the time someone will kill them before they deal more dmg to the team. the rule says that you cant return fire? then the other team's obviously gonna win, cause some random guy is just going to TK your entire team and you wont be able to do anything about it? thats just absurd! the rules should be modified so that if the TKers is obviously intentional then you CAN kill them, until the developers implement a kick system.

Ike69 #16 Posted May 10 2011 - 07:06

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14899 battles
I've TK'd someone when they drove in front of me as I was firing. Sometimes mistakes happen. Luckily I appologized and he understood. I also see accidental TK's by arty every so often. As was said earlier their shots take a few seconds to travels so you have to be careful getting close to enemy. I think a kick system sounds great but how will it know if kill was accident or not?

Anyways it's sad some people have such pathetic lives that they think that TK'ing others is fun.

Novacube #17 Posted May 10 2011 - 07:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16395 battles
While it's nice to have auto kick, you must think of it under other cirucmstances. There have always been accidents (I've fired at a heavy just to accidentally have an ally pass in front, my own mistake in part for not checking radar but I was in sniper mode). People make mistakes and it wouldbe a bit frustrating to be kicked for a simple error. I'm sure the more open minded players will understand the situation and just let it go. Fortunately the person I accidentally TK'd was nice. Also, if the auto kick was in effect, griefers will deliberately get in your way to get you kicked. Likewise for the auto report function. Idiots will abuse it. In every community there are idiots who abuse things and make it hard for other people to use simple tools.

That being said, I like this thread. Often people lose their cool when they get TK'd, and first reaction is to retaliate.

DV_Currie_VC #18 Posted May 12 2011 - 05:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 58530 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostEhre, on Mar 24 2011 - 19:54, said:

lately, the incidence of team killing and griefing is on the rise. it is quite common in low tier matches but have been occurring in higher level matches lately too. if you have been lucky and not encountered this situation, believe me you will definitely encounter it one of these days. the purpose of this little guide is to warn you of what you may encounter, and what you should do when it happens.

i know it is difficult to refrain from shooting back and defending yourself, but do not succumb to the temptation of lowering yourself to the same level as the team killer.

instead, what you must remember to do is, take a screenshot as fast as you can, in which there should be a in game message or visual of the player doing damage to your tank.

if he continues to shoot at you, continue to take screen shots of him doing so. all your screen shots are going to be used as evidence when you make a report. when you have clear supporting evidence, you will be able to have him banned almost immediately.

if he stops shooting and does not kill you, calmly continue with your match as best as possible. if he does kill you, make sure you have a screen shot of the killing blow. it should show the name of the player who killed you. this is the most important screen shot you should have.

I had an interesting griefing incident today by a platoon of arty. They decided to attack me after I defended the base from an attack by 2 KV's, and a couple of light tanks as well. I went over to kill the 2nd light tank, and one of them (SU-18) decided to shoot me. I didn't have time to capture the screen shot, so I went on (minimal damage anyway in my SU-85).  Another of their platoon shot me again as we got the last enemy, and the hit got recorded (red damage indicator) but the name didn't come up.

I'm glad that I didn't shoot them back. Waste of time. I do have their names, however, if any dev's want them. I'm not submitting it right now, as I have no actual screen shot proof of one of their names attached to a hit on my vehicle. Pisses me off though..........

Upside #19 Posted May 13 2011 - 09:41

Private

• Players
  • 1854 battles
Misunderstood---- sorry delete this

Removed Attachment - Author's request. ~svcheats_0

Victoranith #20 Posted May 13 2011 - 23:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 18956 battles
  • [-I-I-] -I-I-
kick system, including votes.

i.e. a player can press a designated button and a list of players will come up, each with a assigned number. press the number assigned to the player you wish to kick. then a list of reasons will appear similar to the player list. it will include TKing, insults, abusing minimap clicky thingy... etc. a notice will appear on a corner/side of screen to all ally players. it will say something like-

PLAYER_NAME1
VEHICLE & TIER
KILLS_2
TEAM_KILLS_1
DMG_DONE_TO_ENEMY_523
DMG_DONE_TO_ALLY_65

KICK DEMANDED BY PLAYER_NAME2
REASONS: TEAM_KILLING

[f2]to kick    [f3]for against

the info abouve will help players decide whether or not to keep the player or not, whether it was intentional or accidental. every player will then have 15-20 seconds to vote. people who does not vote will not be taken into account.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users