Beta Opens for Wargaming Developer Partner Program

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted Dec 23 2013 - 18:49

Wargaming America

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
If you want to develop a Wargaming-oriented product, join the DPP Beta!

Full news text

AreWe #2 Posted Dec 23 2013 - 19:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 20673 battles
Good job..

dra6o0n #3 Posted Dec 23 2013 - 20:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4660 battles

Will we ever get suggestions and have such developers look into the possibility of it?

Because in a way, WoT has a nice environment to setup a MOBA styled arcade battle with 5v5 tank battles, but also with AI tanks and abilities and such.

Spoiler

Edited by dra6o0n, Dec 23 2013 - 20:43.

JBTheGreat #4 Posted Dec 24 2013 - 04:30

Private

• Players
  • 27710 battles

Yeah I was all fired up to commence the Beta then saw this ....

' The Company’s right to use the items and information covers the right to use them worldwide in any possible way from the moment they are made publicly available or provided to the Company, including the right to publicize, distribute, modify, adapt and re-work, publish, create derivative works, all without the obligation to reference to the author. '

Seems like one could expend a lot of time and effort only to get it taken away without consideration.

GunTurret #5 Posted Dec 24 2013 - 05:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 6610 battles
  • [NCO] NCO

View PostJBTheGreat, on Dec 23 2013 - 22:30, said:

Seems like one could expend a lot of time and effort only to get it taken away without consideration.

Absolutely . . but I think that if you are creating a piece of work, people in the community would know who was responsible for its creation, there would be a level of credit to you, that is unless you make it in private or under some privacy agreement, in which case your work could be taken. I am a part of the online 3D community and we all are aware of each others work. Its hard to explain but we all share info and knowledge and technique so construction of property is made aware within the community of peers. I would assume this would happen here as well., To make the story short, they may take your property, but we'd all know who built it. . .
I will give you an example, about 8 years ago I had an idea of doing a project of a domed city, and I ran into this image on CG Society by a modeler named Alexander Preuss, whom I chatted with on Sci-Fi Meshes, he had made this image in 2006

http://www.graphicpr...andom/torus.jpg

Then along came the movie "Elysium", I saw no mention of Alexander in the credits at all . . . but I know where the concept came from. Not to say that the Torus is a new concept i am just saying that Alex came up with a hard visual concept of this design.
Don't get discouraged JB,  just wait a bit and lets see how this shapes up

Edited by GunTurret, Dec 24 2013 - 05:48.

Decrypted #6 Posted Dec 24 2013 - 08:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11261 battles

View PostJBTheGreat, on Dec 23 2013 - 22:30, said:

' The Company’s right to use the items and information covers the right to use them worldwide in any possible way from the moment they are made publicly available or provided to the Company, including the right to publicize, distribute, modify, adapt and re-work, publish, create derivative works, all without the obligation to reference to the author. '

You hit the nail on the head. Just another attempt by WalletGaming to.. you know what, get more money. :)

TlGERACE #7 Posted Dec 24 2013 - 08:36

Captain

• Players
  • 31836 battles
  • [-S-A] -S-A
I will help , I will do my best

Neverwish #8 Posted Dec 24 2013 - 16:24

Captain

• Players
  • 7027 battles
  • [LABS] LABS

View PostJBTheGreat, on Dec 24 2013 - 04:30, said:

It's not like they couldn't do it already. Now they just have a place to write it down.

If they own the information (as they always have), they can create whatever they want, regardless of prior work, and have no legal obligation to give credit to anyone.

TwixOps #9 Posted Dec 24 2013 - 18:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24002 battles
  • [BUNEH] BUNEH

View PostJBTheGreat, on Dec 24 2013 - 04:30, said:

THat is standard TOS legalese, you will find that or something like ot in every user agreement ever... even the one for your WoT account.  

Grogdor #10 Posted Dec 25 2013 - 10:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19549 battles

Your offering of documentation for an API that was figured out years ago isn't that exciting, but could this mean that you'll finally stop breaking its functionality so often, at least on purpose? Not sure this is really worthy of the fanfare, considering that you're giving up nothing new, and gaining quite a bit of control by assigning unique appid's. I'm looking forward to meaningful cooperation with 3rd party web/mod/app developers someday.

Brizent #11 Posted Dec 25 2013 - 23:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8949 battles
Next step should be releasing a map editor. 

ChumCreature #12 Posted Dec 27 2013 - 14:48

Major

• Players
  • 8002 battles
  • [MS1] MS1

View PostBrizent, on Dec 25 2013 - 17:23, said:

Next step should be releasing a map editor. 

I totally agree. When I first joined I heard something about map editing. I thought that meant we could make our own maps. Never found out how and I've discovered it's impossible. T_T

Only way I can think of to make a map is draw a birds-eye view of your new map, send it to WG, and some tanks views of the different sectors.

Tytoo #13 Posted Dec 27 2013 - 22:31

First lieutenant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 17361 battles
  • [MYTH_] MYTH_
Is there any API program section in the forum, if so i can't find it. I found it in RU and EU forum through

akoaih #14 Posted Dec 29 2013 - 17:31

Captain

• Players
  • 23056 battles
Maybe I've missed something but from the description on the portal this all has to do with building apps outside of WoT, and nothing to do with an in-game API for writing GUI mods.  Am I correct?

venomjoe #15 Posted Jan 03 2014 - 15:01

Major

• Players
  • 6894 battles
  • [XBBX] XBBX
I WILL MAKE A GAMING CONSOLE THAT RUNS OFF OF NOTHING BUT A POTATO

SeanPwnery #16 Posted Jan 08 2014 - 23:17

Major

• Veteran Testers
  • 25751 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

I'm not really "Developer" material... however just a quick browse in the old CoaF and Suggestions forums will show I've been quite the idea "think-tank" with countless archived threads.

As for development... I'm going to go ahead and say what you're all thinking anyway - WG - hire those guys who did the WoT Winter Mod and have them make a Spring and Autumn mod as well, and ROTATE the seasons with the REAL seasons so each map has 4 different "feels" throughout the year. Furthermore, do not confuse this with also adding 4 different times of day and 7 or 8 different weather conditions on top of the seasonal changes. ( Note : I didn't mention summer because most of the current map rotation has visual conditions similar to summer weather .. exceptions obviously on polar-type maps)

Nothing would please me more than to log in one day on an Autumn evening to see the changing of the leaves and terrain resistance changes when the temperatures begin to drop.