Jump to content


Clan Wars Map Exhibition: Hidden Village

MapExhibition

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

Quemapueblos #1 Posted Dec 25 2013 - 00:52

    Associate Producer

  • -Players-
  • 8703 battles
  • 703
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

Tankers!

We are introducing a new kind of tournament specifically focused on Clans and Clan Wars. The Clan Wars Map Exhibition is a series of tournaments that will allow Clans to experiment and learn how to adapt their strategies to newly reworked or completely new map in a Clan Wars setting. This exhibition's map will be Hidden Village: 1000x1000m large; a spring setting with a village in the valley

 

 

Round 1 will be Round Robin to narrow down the challengers to 40 for Round 2. During Round 2 you will have two battles against the same opponent at the same time! Which means you will need to field 2 teams of players for Round 2.

 

After Round 3 Quarter Finals, we will be streaming and commentating on live for everyone to see how these experienced Clans think of the fly and build strategies on completely new terrain.

 

Prizes:

1st – 50,000 Gold

2nd – 25,000 Gold

3rd/4th – 10,000 Gold

5-8th – 5,000 Gold

(Prize will be awarded to the winning Clan’s treasury)

 

Check out the Rules Page Here for the details.

 

If you have any questions about this new style of tournament ask here!

 

Spoiler

 

 

[REL_3]          
             
    [BADGR]      
             
[BADGR]            
        [HAVOK]    
[TYR]            
             
    [HAVOK]        
             
[HAVOK]            
            [HAVOK]
[OTTER]           Champion
             
    [-_-]        
             
[-_-]            
        [FORGE]    
[FORGE]            
             
    [FORGE]        
             
[REL-2]            


GrannyW #2 Posted Dec 25 2013 - 02:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 20060 battles
  • 5,724
  • [OTT-V] OTT-V
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
Sounds interesting.

Zazie #3 Posted Dec 25 2013 - 19:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17829 battles
  • 575
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    09-30-2010

The times are way, way too early.

Especially considering you're requiring two simultaneous battles at 7pm EST(which is earlier than the earliest time zone on the current map even).

 

I want to like this, but this is way, way too restrictive and is basically already limited to a small chunk of clans.

 

I mean, the idea is good but I disagree almost entirely with the execution.



Quemapueblos #4 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 18:39

    Associate Producer

  • -Players-
  • 8703 battles
  • 703
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012
Time were set a little earlier so battles don't last until the sun comes back up. The setup is designed to allow Clan Wars Clans, that usually can field two teams, to have some fun trying out brand new strategies. Also you only need to field two teams during Round 2

yelsneH #5 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 18:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20047 battles
  • 505
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostZazie, on Dec 25 2013 - 12:52, said:

The times are way, way too early.

Especially considering you're requiring two simultaneous battles at 7pm EST(which is earlier than the earliest time zone on the current map even).

 

I want to like this, but this is way, way too restrictive and is basically already limited to a small chunk of clans.

 

I mean, the idea is good but I disagree almost entirely with the execution.

 

 

It's only 4 entire nights of work (assuming you can win the whole thing) and you only have to split the top prize 28 ways for about 1500g each (assuming you can win the whole thing)

 

Worth!



Superspeed007 #6 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 18:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14009 battles
  • 3,326
  • [REL-V] REL-V
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View PostyelsneH, on Dec 26 2013 - 11:46, said:

 

 

It's only 4 entire nights of work (assuming you can win the whole thing) and you only have to split the top prize 28 ways for about 1500g each (assuming you can win the whole thing)

 

Worth!

you didn't read it right at all...

 

The prize is for the clan treasury, that 28 people is so that clans have atleast 28 members to compete.

 

The times still seem to be about an hour too early.



yelsneH #7 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 18:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20047 battles
  • 505
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostSuperspeed007, on Dec 26 2013 - 11:53, said:

you didn't read it right at all...

 

The prize is for the clan treasury, that 28 people is so that clans have atleast 28 members to compete.

 

The times still seem to be about an hour too early.

 

 

Right, 50k to the winner, having to field 2 teams at once means you need to split the prize 28 ways to be fair to all participants in your clan, assuming you will award your players the winnings.

 

Also here is the 28 split break down for the rest of the prizes per player assuming you award all 28 people who participate in your clan.

 

 

1st: 1785g

2nd: 892g

3rd/4th: 357g

5th-8th: 178g

 

 

It's nothing to shake a stick at... but you can decide if it'll be worth your time or not.

 

I literally can't even make it halfway home from my work commute when this would start and I doubt 28 people from my clan would be able to either.



aiaizsy #8 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 19:08

    Private

  • Players
  • 13829 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011
incredibly low prize

Superspeed007 #9 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 19:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14009 battles
  • 3,326
  • [REL-V] REL-V
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View PostyelsneH, on Dec 26 2013 - 11:58, said:

 

 

Right, 50k to the winner, having to field 2 teams at once means you need to split the prize 28 ways to be fair to all participants in your clan, assuming you will award your players the winnings.

 

Also here is the 28 split break down for the rest of the prizes per player assuming you award all 28 people who participate in your clan.

 

 

1st: 1785g

2nd: 892g

3rd/4th: 357g

5th-8th: 178g

 

 

It's nothing to shake a stick at... but you can decide if it'll be worth your time or not.

 

I literally can't even make it halfway home from my work commute when this would start and I doubt 28 people from my clan would be able to either.

I can -1 too... Yes the times are too early, the 50k gold is for your clan, what anyone does it with it is up to them, if you want to distribute evenly to those who participate your breakdowns would be it, what if you want to hold onto the 50k and use it to pay out people in a normal clan wars method? yes 50k is a bit low, but when we talked about it at the summit it was a for fun thing to give people experience on the new map and for wargaming to see if the map will be viable for the global map

 

Edit - To add on this is an exhibition not a full on tournament



Zazie #10 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 19:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17829 battles
  • 575
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    09-30-2010

View PostQuemapueblos, on Dec 26 2013 - 12:39, said:

Time were set a little earlier so battles don't last until the sun comes back up. The setup is designed to allow Clan Wars Clans, that usually can field two teams, to have some fun trying out brand new strategies. Also you only need to field two teams during Round 2

 

Yeah, except my clan usually operates in its prime time from 9pm EST to 1-2AM EST.

 

Players active before that time is much lower and incredibly inconsistent.

 

If you wanted to allow clan wars clans that usually field two teams to actually field two teams it should be set up during the time they normally do so, right?

 

I can already tell there's going to be an issue where it's going to be one team vs one team, and then only a partial team vs another partial team or a no-show. And at that point you're deciding it based simply on attendance, not on skill.

(Example, under this set up, a clan with one extremely good team but not enough to fill a second would lose to another clan with much worse teams, but with the ability to at least over-match the partial or no-show game and then draw out a game against the real team)



enjineer #11 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 20:04

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 45569 battles
  • 2,740
  • [-CMF-] -CMF-
  • Member since:
    12-07-2010
What day is regular CW starting back up?  Just wondering if this event would cause conflict.

Gyarados #12 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 20:23

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14368 battles
  • 11,504
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010
I'm noticing there is no maximum players per team, I know there's the minimum 28 players, but is there a max?

MntRunner #13 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 20:27

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 39420 battles
  • 435
  • [CPUSA] CPUSA
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011
Nice, another tournament that Western US players can't participate in.

Quemapueblos #14 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 20:29

    Associate Producer

  • -Players-
  • 8703 battles
  • 703
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

View PostGyarados, on Dec 26 2013 - 11:23, said:

I'm noticing there is no maximum players per team, I know there's the minimum 28 players, but is there a max?

It is limited to players in your clan so the max would be 100.



masteroffish #15 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 20:32

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25767 battles
  • 178
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012
Tier 10 .........meh. Unfortunately, not every clan will be able to participate.

ed_anger #16 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 20:39

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 14279 battles
  • 7,700
  • Member since:
    07-01-2010

View Postmasteroffish, on Dec 26 2013 - 14:32, said:

Tier 10 .........meh. Unfortunately, not every clan will be able to participate.

 

and your first clue was:

 

View PostQuemapueblos, on Dec 24 2013 - 18:52, said:

Tankers!

We are introducing a new kind of tournament specifically focused on Clans and Clan Wars. The Clan Wars Map Exhibition is a series of tournaments that will allow Clans to experiment and learn how to adapt their strategies to newly reworked or completely new map in a Clan Wars setting.



lamplight #17 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 20:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24553 battles
  • 1,874
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    10-24-2011

View Posted_anger, on Dec 26 2013 - 19:39, said:

 

Fixed that neg for you. Tier X or bust.



Sodapop42 #18 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 21:08

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23704 battles
  • 140
  • Member since:
    02-21-2012

This sounds great for the big clans :(

 



RocketRaccoon_ #19 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 21:16

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34932 battles
  • 829
  • Member since:
    06-13-2011
Im really hoping you guys missed a 0 on the prizes, like 50 = 500, because 50k gold for first place is pathetic.

Quemapueblos #20 Posted Dec 26 2013 - 21:20

    Associate Producer

  • -Players-
  • 8703 battles
  • 703
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

View Postnipp100, on Dec 26 2013 - 12:16, said:

Im really hoping you guys missed a 0 on the prizes, like 50 = 500, because 50k gold for first place is pathetic.

This exhibition isn't about the Gold reward. Its a chance to play Clan Wars on a completely new map that no one has had a chance to see in action. Plus getting livestreamed by us







Also tagged with MapExhibition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users