Tank is elite, but I didnt research everything

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Beertruck #1 Posted Mar 26 2011 - 18:15

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 3821 battles
I had an ISU-152 fully researched, and at elite status prior to the introduction of the Object 704 (the next tier tank). Now it still says it is elite, despite my not researching the Object 704. This also means I cant apply free experience towards researching the Object 704.

Just pointing this out, since I assume you plan to keep introducing new tanks. It will be an issue any time a new tier tank comes into the game.

thundermg1 #2 Posted Mar 26 2011 - 18:18

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13327 battles

View PostBeertruck, on Mar 26 2011 - 18:15, said:

I had an ISU-152 fully researched, and at elite status prior to the introduction of the Object 704 (the next tier tank). Now it still says it is elite, despite my not researching the Object 704. This also means I cant apply free experience towards researching the Object 704.

Just pointing this out, since I assume you plan to keep introducing new tanks. It will be an issue any time a new tier tank comes into the game.
I had the same thing happen with the T-34. Prior to researching the T34-85 it said it was now elite status. It was just a glich, as I was never able to convert to free exp. until I researched the 34-85.

spambung #3 Posted Mar 26 2011 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16847 battles
  • [BUNG] BUNG
Happened with my SU-14 but you don't have to convert to free xp or use free xp to upgrade.  Get enough xp and it will go through.

vespid #4 Posted Mar 26 2011 - 20:18

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19054 battles
I don't know for sure if this applies in your situations, but it might. Some of your tanks used to be top tier with no further tanks to grind to, thus would have reached elite status previously without researching the next tank because it wasn't even there to research. After the next levels were added, something funky was done to account for this. I haven't put the time into figuring it all out, but there's something going on there...

Beertruck #5 Posted Mar 26 2011 - 20:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 3821 battles

View Postvespid, on Mar 26 2011 - 20:18, said:

I don't know for sure if this applies in your situations, but it might. Some of your tanks used to be top tier with no further tanks to grind to, thus would have reached elite status previously without researching the next tank because it wasn't even there to research. After the next levels were added, something funky was done to account for this. I haven't put the time into figuring it all out, but there's something going on there...

That is correct, and is what happened. You can still gain normal experience for the tank and upgrade it, but you cant apply any free experience towards that research, for that tank. Its a bummer when you have 100k free xp sitting around that you cant use. And when people are paying money for gold soon, it will become a bigger issue for some. You can, of course, use the free experience on other tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users