Jump to content


[0.9.18] XVM Config by Bones (3May17)

XVM WN8 Minimap DamageLog HP in Player Panel carousel tank carousel Battle Results zoom 0.9.18

  • Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

Griphos #41 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 01:32

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12650 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    02-22-2013

It's very strange.  I have no problem without xvm installed.  And I just reinstalled it and ran a battle, and although there was a pause at the black screen, it loaded back into the garage at least.  I've got to run some tournament battles, so I'll see how it goes with those.  I'm running an i5 with a nVidia card, but I'm not sure how that would make a diff.  I may try a different xvm config if the problem continues just to see if it's a general problem with xvm.  

 

The only change I made was that after starting to modify the markers.xc file like I did last time, changing the font sizes and a couple of other things, I noticed that there were no differences in those files except for the changes I'd made, so I just backed up the one in your 9,0 pack and installed the 8.11 file.  Could that cause a problem?  I don't think there is any difference in those files.


Edited by Griphos, Apr 19 2014 - 01:33.


Bones #42 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 03:22

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 32147 battles
  • 288
  • [CB] CB
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

The only files that I changed this time (plus those that will typically change for each new patch) are:

 

xvm.xc to account for the new file structure

minimapCircles.xc, to add new vehicles and view ranges

vehicleNames.xc, to add new vehicles

 

Everything else stayed the same, so you can go ahead and drop the old markers.xc file with your font adjustments into the configs directory without a problem.

 

That's the nice thing about the way the devs updated the file structure a few changes ago. You really never have to change your config files or even move them any longer.

 



Griphos #43 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 03:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12650 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    02-22-2013

Yeah, I like that a lot. 

 

Well, it kept happening, so I'll try a different one, just for diagnosis purposes.   Thanks for the help.  Like I said, I really like this config, so I'm hoping I can figure out the issue.

 

 



lloydio #44 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 16:40

    Private

  • Players
  • 12098 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012
i love your config but this version it seems that if im in the match when it ends it goes to a black screen and wont go back to a garage which is fairly annoying but im hoping you can fix this cause i love your config. just as a side note i used jimbos config while waiting for you to update yours and it never did this so it is your config.

Bones #45 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 19:13

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 32147 battles
  • 288
  • [CB] CB
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

View Postlloydio, on Apr 19 2014 - 10:40, said:

i love your config but this version it seems that if im in the match when it ends it goes to a black screen and wont go back to a garage which is fairly annoying but im hoping you can fix this cause i love your config. just as a side note i used jimbos config while waiting for you to update yours and it never did this so it is your config.

 

Hmm... now *that* is interesting. 

 

Seems like I plugged in an unstable beta version of XVM. I'll work on that right now.



Bones #46 Posted Apr 19 2014 - 20:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 32147 battles
  • 288
  • [CB] CB
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

Okay, I've updated the OP with a new build, along with a few extra options.

 

The current XVM build included is XVM 5.2.1-Test 2 build 3382. 

 

I've also included a No-Stat version that doesn't require anyone to register with the XVM devs (and d/l a new token every two weeks).

 

Finally, I now have "Bare" zip files that contain ONLY the config files (and none of the XVM program/mod files). This is for anyone who wants to download a new version of XVM and still be able to use my config (or to drop my config into someone else's mod pack). I'll leave it up to you all to figure out how to do that (but it's pretty simple!).

 

@Iloydio - try the new build files. If that still doesn't work, you can download the "Bare" zip and drop those files over the top of Jimbo's. I downloaded Jimbo's mod in an attempt to figure out which XVM build he was using but couldn't quite figure it out.

 

 



Bones #47 Posted Apr 20 2014 - 05:18

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 32147 battles
  • 288
  • [CB] CB
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

View Postlloydio, on Apr 19 2014 - 10:40, said:

i love your config but this version it seems that if im in the match when it ends it goes to a black screen and wont go back to a garage which is fairly annoying but im hoping you can fix this cause i love your config. just as a side note i used jimbos config while waiting for you to update yours and it never did this so it is your config.

 

I did a little searching around, and you're not the only one with that problem. There's a hotfix for this that others have indicated works for them. Here's the details I just posted on the EU boards:

 

(btw - what kind of video card do you have? The few people that have directly reported the problem to me all have Nvidia cards. I'm running a Radeon with no problems.)

 

 

Quote

Others are having this problem as well. Just did a little searching on the Koreanrandom forums and found this possible fix:

 

Try this temporary fix

 

It'll take you to a forum discussion on [the EU] boards with a .7z download. Try that out.

 

(I found it in this discussion on the official XVM boards.)

 

Good luck!

 


Edited by Bones, Apr 20 2014 - 05:20.


MainAccountOnEU #48 Posted Apr 20 2014 - 07:12

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    05-01-2013

View PostBones, on Apr 19 2014 - 04:22, said:

The only files that I changed this time (plus those that will typically change for each new patch) are:

 

xvm.xc to account for the new file structure

minimapCircles.xc, to add new vehicles and view ranges

vehicleNames.xc, to add new vehicles

 

Everything else stayed the same, so you can go ahead and drop the old markers.xc file with your font adjustments into the configs directory without a problem.

 

That's the nice thing about the way the devs updated the file structure a few changes ago. You really never have to change your config files or even move them any longer.

 

 

It is indeed, also nice that you're sticking to this format I've been using it for a while now and I do like a couple of tweaks to some of the things but left the majority untouched. In the past I kinda tried to fix an xvm config by tweaking default to my liking and then one day I stumbled into this. It was pretty much what my original aim was (but never got it anywhere near as tidy) and I'm not really a big fan of modifying configuration files every patch for what is supposed to be relaxing gameplay. So thanks for making this config, with those few small changes due to personal preferences it was perfect!

 

View PostGriphos, on Apr 19 2014 - 02:32, said:

It's very strange.  I have no problem without xvm installed.  And I just reinstalled it and ran a battle, and although there was a pause at the black screen, it loaded back into the garage at least.  I've got to run some tournament battles, so I'll see how it goes with those.  I'm running an i5 with a nVidia card, but I'm not sure how that would make a diff.  I may try a different xvm config if the problem continues just to see if it's a general problem with xvm.  

 

The only change I made was that after starting to modify the markers.xc file like I did last time, changing the font sizes and a couple of other things, I noticed that there were no differences in those files except for the changes I'd made, so I just backed up the one in your 9,0 pack and installed the 8.11 file.  Could that cause a problem?  I don't think there is any difference in those files.

 

I did the same and only noticed a couple of changes to the exact files he listed in the post below yours (and quoted above in this reply), if files you did modify ever end up changing in a new patch I found the following tool to be of good use on windows: notepad++ with compare plugin. That way you should be able to keep the manual changes you made to it easily without too much staring at all the data entries.

 

http://sourceforge.n...ts/npp-compare/
It generates a diff (unix tool for comparing text files and showing the differences) part like side by side with the ability to edit both of them as you go and highlights on the changed/extra/missing lines in colour formatting on the side.

 

https://imgur.com/a/bLaO7 (example, although I now noticed that the sourceforge page has some good examples too)



FlanFlanScarlet495 #49 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 06:41

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21613 battles
  • 215
  • [NEKO] NEKO
  • Member since:
    03-24-2012
Great config. It is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

wartzay #50 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 14:06

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14498 battles
  • 540
  • [GCA] GCA
  • Member since:
    11-16-2012
This is the best config out there. Simple, clean, has the basics but doesn't crap a bunch of crap all over your screen.

Edited by wartzay, Apr 22 2014 - 14:07.


Bones #51 Posted Apr 22 2014 - 23:01

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 32147 battles
  • 288
  • [CB] CB
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

Updated to XVM 5.2.1-test2 #2, build 3415

 

Additionally, the stat configs are now updated to use the new macro styles (if you were running a newer version of XVM and your stat displays were screwed up, it is because the XVM devs made changes to how the stat macros are used).

 

I have tested these builds with a machine that was previously crashing to desktop and crashing to black screen and have played a number of battles without problem. It also looks like the slow loading has disappeared. It looks stable to me, but I've only worked from two machines so far. So if anyone still has problems, post them and I'll take a look at it.

 

Good luck!



Bones #52 Posted Jun 13 2014 - 21:18

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 32147 battles
  • 288
  • [CB] CB
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

Updated to Wot 0.9.1, now using XVM 5.3.1 build 3002.

 

I've run a few battles on the EU server and watched a couple more replays and it looks good to me. Obviously most of us won't see 9.1 for a few more days, so I'll do far more extensive testing then.

 

(And btw - the soccer mode is actually kinda fun. Didn't think I'd enjoy it, but I did!)

 

Good tanking!



brko21 #53 Posted Jun 16 2014 - 21:19

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014
can you tell me exactly what to change/where to change/witch file to add to get the little green/ orange bubbles for enemies (if they were or weren't spotted)
or the process i have to do to get them into another modpack i use?

thanks in advance

Bones #54 Posted Jun 17 2014 - 00:10

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 32147 battles
  • 288
  • [CB] CB
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

I can. ;-)

 

 

Look in \xvm\configs\@Bones for playersPanel.xc

 

The Enemy Spotted Markers are located in there.

 

(In fact, you can just drop this file over the top of any other XVM config if you want, and just the panels will be changed.)

 



brko21 #55 Posted Jun 17 2014 - 05:47

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014
thank you sooooo much have some +1 since i only made this acc to ask you this :P

edit: after extensve testing i still cant get it to work :S

Edited by brko21, Jun 17 2014 - 06:54.


DaRaikage #56 Posted Jun 17 2014 - 18:14

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13591 battles
  • 160
  • [R0B0T] R0B0T
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
I can't get it to work either. When I download it, it gives me 0.9.0 as well. Any ideas why?

Blindman081 #57 Posted Jun 17 2014 - 21:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16281 battles
  • 732
  • Member since:
    09-18-2011

View PostDaRaikage, on Jun 17 2014 - 13:14, said:

I can't get it to work either. When I download it, it gives me 0.9.0 as well. Any ideas why?

Same thing. I cant even load the game. I reinstall the no stats version and it works but I want xvm.



T23E3IsLoveT23E3IsLife #58 Posted Jun 18 2014 - 00:22

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20873 battles
  • 1,844
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
  • Member since:
    03-07-2011

View PostBones, on Jun 17 2014 - 00:10, said:

I can. ;-)

 

 

Look in \xvm\configs\@Bones for playersPanel.xc

 

The Enemy Spotted Markers are located in there.

 

(In fact, you can just drop this file over the top of any other XVM config if you want, and just the panels will be changed.)

 

 

xvm with stats just gives us the 0.9.0 xvm. fix?



Bones #59 Posted Jun 18 2014 - 05:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 32147 battles
  • 288
  • [CB] CB
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

Whoops!

 

I thought the links were correct, but unfortunately still referred back to the 9.0 version.

 

I just updated the links and DLed them. All should be good now.

 

Sorry for the problems all!

 



TamaleroPk #60 Posted Jun 18 2014 - 06:28

    Private

  • Players
  • 5959 battles
  • 1
  • [R0B0T] R0B0T
  • Member since:
    07-11-2013

View PostBones, on Jun 18 2014 - 06:53, said:

Whoops!

 

I thought the links were correct, but unfortunately still referred back to the 9.0 version.

 

I just updated the links and DLed them. All should be good now.

 

Sorry for the problems all!

 

thanks!

 

edit:

First link with stats doesnt work i get some 403 error "We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page." , the second link without stats does work


Edited by TamaleroPk, Jun 18 2014 - 06:33.





4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users