[0.9.4] XVM Config by Bones with OPTIONAL HP in Player Panels (5Nov14)

XVM WN8 Minimap DamageLog HP in Player Panel carousel tank carousel 9.4

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Bones #1 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:14

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19390 battles
  • [CB] CB
UPDATE 5 November: Updated to XVM ver. 5.4.1, build 3400

There should no longer be any problems with the carousel in this build!

Like many long-time XVM users, I've been taking bits and pieces of other configs and plugging them into my own custom config. Personally, I've never been a fan of the extra graphics (the contour mods and nifty icons), so this is a "barebones" mod. Other than the stock font, it only requires the Wingdings font (which comes standard with any Windows installation). Other than that, it's simple and to the point--all the info you need to maintain situational awareness on the virtual battlefield.

Current Version(s):

5Nov14 [WN8] - Updates to include full WN8 support, uses XVM 5.4.1 nightly build 3400

5Nov14 [WN8 & HP] - Version includes both full WN8 support as well as HP for both teams showing in Player Panels (see below)

5Nov14 [No Stat] - Version without stats

5Nov14 [WN8] - BAREBONES Config w/WN8 (no XVM mod/game files)

5Nov14 [WN8 & HP] - BAREBONES Config w/WN8 and HP in Player Panels

27Sept14 [No Stat] - BAREBONES Config without stats

Features:
- Player stats, including WN8 scores
- Dynamic colors based on WN6*, Win Rate & Battles Played
- Stock turret markers
- Minimap "situational awareness" additions, including:
    - Max Draw Range (1000m) square & Max Spotting Range (445m radius) circle
    - View range circle for all tanks in game (including ALL NEW 0.8.10 VEHICLES!)
    - Max gun range for low-tier guns & artillery (including ALL NEW 0.8.10 VEHICLES!)
    - TD traverse angles
    - View line, with marks every 200m (as well as 250, 300 & 350m to aid with determining spotting range with binos/optics/skills/etc.)

- Minimap will temporarily expand to full screen with the press of the ` key (the 'grave' key, co-located with the tilde key on US keyboards; this can be changed within the config)

- NOTE: Minimap view ranges are now automatically calculated based on crew skill, equipment mounted (optics, binos, vents), consumables and crew/module damage!
- Enemy "Spotted" markers without special font or images
- Customized colors for ease of viewing and expanded WN8 categories
- Detailed damage log
- Default support for clan icons (NOTE: you must install the Clan icons yourself if you want to see them)

- Multi-lined tank carousel (NOTE: if you are already running a different carousel, you will need to delete that mod)

- Single-line tank carousel is standard

- If you want a two- or three-line tank carousel, navigate to the /res_mods/xvm/configs/@Bones/ directory, delete carousel.xc and then rename either 'carousel-2-line.xc' or 'carousel-3-line.xc' to 'carousel.xc'

OPTIONAL HP Config Features:

- Bars showing HP for each friendly and enemy tank included in player panels

- Will only show accurate HP for tanks currently spotted by teammates within radio range

- For teammates out of radio range and enemies currently unspotted, the last known HP will be reflected in these bars

- For enemies that have never been spotted, the bar will show full HP (option 3, which also indicates current & max HP will show nothing but "---- / ----" in this case)

- Note: I've noticed that it may take a few seconds for XVM to "catch up" and show correct HP after a target is spotted or respotted

- Three different possible configurations to show HP in the player panels

- Option 1 displays a simple bar beneath the player name or tank name in both the "Medium" Player Panels. As tanks take damage, the bars shrink

- Option 2 displays a partially visible green (friendly) or red (enemy) bar behind the player name or tank name in both the "Medium" Player Panels

- Option 3 displays a green (friendly) or red (enemy) bar, including current HP and max HP for each tank, next to the player name/tank name in the "Medium" Player Panels

Click the spoiler button below to see screenshots as well as instructions on how to change between the options

Spoiler

Installation:

Spoiler

Development Log:

Spoiler

Note: Follow the instructions below if you want stats to load XVM: 

Spoiler

DOWNLOAD

Includes XVM 5.4.1, build 3400

Downloads for Advanced XVM Users
NONE of these archives includes the core XVM program files. These archives contain ONLY my configuration files. 
You can download new XVM builds and simply drop these "on top" of the new build after you install it.

Edited by Bones, Nov 06 2014 - 05:21.

Scorpiany #2 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:27

Major

• Players
  • 10386 battles
  • [FELIX] FELIX
This looks pretty nice, great work! :teethhappy:

Feadel #3 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 14:18

Private

• Players
  • 4581 battles
  • [SAF] SAF
Ok, total newb here.  This looks like a config I want, but I'm not sure how to do it. When I follow the link (with wn8, the top one) it shows a bunch of files.  I'm not sure which to download and there doesn't seem to be a single zip file.  I really really (really!) do not want to try modding the configs of xvm on my own.  Any guides or help will be appreciated.

Bones #4 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 17:23

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19390 battles
  • [CB] CB

View PostFeadel, on Dec 28 2013 - 07:18, said:

Ok, total newb here.  This looks like a config I want, but I'm not sure how to do it. When I follow the link (with wn8, the top one) it shows a bunch of files.  I'm not sure which to download and there doesn't seem to be a single zip file.  I really really (really!) do not want to try modding the configs of xvm on my own.  Any guides or help will be appreciated.

Unfortunately a problem with sharing this out by Google Drive.

Here's what you do:

Click on the link that you want. Once you get into the Google Drive directory, look for "File | Edit | View | Help" beneath the file name at the top left. Click on File then Download. From there, you'll get a normal file download.

Extract that into your WoT game directory (but be sure you've installed XVM already first). You'll be good to go from there!

Feadel #5 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 17:40

Private

• Players
  • 4581 battles
  • [SAF] SAF
T(h)ank you .  Downloaded and preparing to install. I know how much work these sort of things can be, so thanks for doing it, so others don't have to.

TilDeath #6 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 17:46

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29059 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
How are you showing WN8 stats with code?  I have not seen them add this to XVM as of yet.  Are you actually using code ie using {{ wn7 }} or {{ xwn7 }} or have you just color coded the names to reflect?

Edited by TilDeath, Dec 28 2013 - 17:47.

Bones #7 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 22:09

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19390 battles
  • [CB] CB

View PostTilDeath, on Dec 28 2013 - 10:46, said:

How are you showing WN8 stats with code?  I have not seen them add this to XVM as of yet.  Are you actually using code ie using {{ wn7 }} or {{ xwn7 }} or have you just color coded the names to reflect?

Right now, the XVM devs added provisional support for WN8.

If you use the {wn8} macro, it will display the WN8 score for the players. Unfortunately, support for color coding by WN8 is not yet built in to the build. So my config here is basing dynamic color by WN6 (using the {c-wn} macro). 

And as you'll see, XVM doesn't always show WN8 scores for everyone. I'm assuming that problem will go away as their servers "catch up."

Feadel #8 Posted Dec 29 2013 - 03:44

Private

• Players
  • 4581 battles
  • [SAF] SAF
It works great for me.  Does some funny things to my FPS.  With no mods I get about 25 fps.  With  the mod pack i was using it dropped a bit.  After I added your config, suddenly I would get 54 to 60 fps with drops to 10 or 11, then shoot back up to 20-30.  Thanks again for the work and the response.

Bones #9 Posted Dec 30 2013 - 20:11

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19390 battles
  • [CB] CB

View PostFeadel, on Dec 28 2013 - 20:44, said:

It works great for me.  Does some funny things to my FPS.  With no mods I get about 25 fps.  With  the mod pack i was using it dropped a bit.  After I added your config, suddenly I would get 54 to 60 fps with drops to 10 or 11, then shoot back up to 20-30.  Thanks again for the work and the response.

I find that strange, but here's a possibility - does the fps drop happen when a bunch of enemies are suddenly spotted (and show up on the minimap/player panel)? I could see that sucking up processor time enough to cause a frame lag (I know I "feel" that 1/4 or 1/2 second lag when a LOT of enemies need to be drawn all at once, depending on the machine I'm using). 

Advtank #10 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 00:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 4531 battles
  • [T-G-A] T-G-A
This might be a dumb question on my part... but if my recent WN8 is orange... why is it red in game? Does it use the overall? (Sorry for noob question:mellow:)

shugninx #11 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 03:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 16347 battles
Can you tell me if this includes the battle stat counter mod.The one that adds up all your battle stats after each battle.

Bones #12 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 04:20

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19390 battles
  • [CB] CB

View PostAdvtank, on Dec 30 2013 - 17:02, said:

This might be a dumb question on my part... but if my recent WN8 is orange... why is it red in game? Does it use the overall? (Sorry for noob question:mellow:)

No prob.

You are correct in that it uses OVERALL stats per player.

Alas, XVM does not keep track of recent stats (such as 60 day or last 1000 battles) - to do so would likely increase their server storage requirements by magnitudes. 

Hitting the left alt button does bring up the player's stats in that particular tank, though (well, number of battles and win rate at least). 

On the bright side - you are trending up. Give it time, and until then let everyone underestimate you!

Bones #13 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 04:23

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19390 battles
  • [CB] CB

View Postshugninx, on Dec 30 2013 - 20:37, said:

Can you tell me if this includes the battle stat counter mod.The one that adds up all your battle stats after each battle.

It does not.

Try these two, though - I think these are what you're looking for (I personally use the first one, Locastan's Color Messages and Session Stats):

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/177899-0810-color-messages-and-session-stats/

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/209229-0810-yasenkrasen-coloured-messages-session-statistics-eng/

shugninx #14 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 06:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 16347 battles
Awesome! Works good,thanks!

LordCanti #15 Posted Jan 02 2014 - 11:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 10513 battles
  • [10SBP] 10SBP
AWESOMETASTIC :D without bells and whistles. Only necessary things

Bones #16 Posted Jan 04 2014 - 18:53

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19390 battles
  • [CB] CB

Update to the OP: changed the instructions and links to allow for a direct download (no more dealing with Google Drive's interface for download)!

sushimaster #17 Posted Jan 06 2014 - 18:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9917 battles

i followed the instruction but only the six sense icon that work. Plz help

Bones #18 Posted Jan 06 2014 - 20:56

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19390 battles
  • [CB] CB

If the Sixth Sense icon works, then the whole config should work. It's not like parts and pieces can work unless you installed another mod over the top of XVM.

Can you give me a screenshot so I know what you're talking about?

Tman450 #19 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 02:06

Captain

• Players
  • 15101 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
Best xvm config i have used. kudos man! great work!

Bones #20 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 23:18

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19390 battles
  • [CB] CB

UPDATE:

WN8 Config has been updated to include XVM 5.0.2-Test 3 build (build 3179).

The config has also been updated to use the new wn8 macro.

Note: at least for me, the WN8 scores often do not load for entire teams, so the dynamic colors that are displayed for the WN rating and the player's name are based on WN6 scores. As soon as XVM reliably loads WN8 scores for players, I will update the config to use nothing but WN8.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users