Tank Inspector: Excellent Research Tool ...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

J_PinkMan #1 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

I just found an outstanding tool for researching tanks strengths/weaknesses, etc ... and compare quickly to similar tanks.

It's called "Tank Inspector" and is free to download and use.  

Their homepage is HERE:

http://ftr.wot-news....tor-going-live/

The download link is on that page, but I'll include it HERE:

http://tankinspector...p.com/download/

Simply unzip the rar file in a comvenient place, then open the folder where you unzipped the files, then find and double-click on the application file named:

SmellyRiver.TankInspector

No typical "install" is required.  The program opens and asks for your WoT email and a password of your choosing.  Then, Voila!  Yer good to go.

They ask that you NOT have the WoT client open (but I had mine open, and it worked fine ... although I may have missed some features for all I know).

HERE is the FAQ page:

http://tankinspector.sinaapp.com/faq/

Enjoy.

...Jesse

J_PinkMan #2 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Oops!  Forgot to Credit The Mighty Jingles for my find.  He was playing on QuickyBaby's live channel yesterday? and was telling QB about the new program ... and posted the link in the chat.

Thanks, Jingles!!!

...Jesse

Fastbrew #3 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2888 battles
Man - for some reason my spidey senses/alert bells went hot on this lol

Tank3rDude #4 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:25

Major

• Players
  • 9612 battles
  • [_TNK_] _TNK_
Yes I downloaded it from the FTR site. It is VERY helpful and very in depth. I would recommend anyone who is serious about this game to download it.

Fastbrew #5 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2888 battles
Compare stats "gathered by all secret intelligence"? 

J_PinkMan #6 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Here are a couple images from the program.  The first is and interactive Armor penetration page for the M3 Stuart.  Simply hover the cursor over any part of the tank, and the effective armor thinkness appears.

The second is the M3 Stuart and how it compares to the AMX 38 on a wide variety of issues.  You can adjust how diferent equipment, comsumables, ammo, etc impacts the tank.  By cliclking the tank at the upper right corner, you'll access the Tech Tree to select another tank of your choosing.   

http://i.imgur.com/WN6vMsJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/F5uz4pp.jpg

...Jesse

J_PinkMan #7 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

View PostTank3rDude, on Dec 27 2013 - 23:25, said:

Yes I downloaded it from the FTR site. It is VERY helpful and very in depth. I would recommend anyone who is serious about this game to download it.

Thanks, Tanks for the confirmation.  It's a VERY impressive, easy to use, interactive tool.  Best I've found so far.  Up and running in just a minute or two.

...Jesse

J_PinkMan #8 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 05:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Here is a thread from QuickyBaby's Forum site that I just found ... for those who's spidey-senses have failed them.

http://quickybaby.co...must-have-tool/

...Jesse

CallMeBoog #9 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 06:03

Major

• Players
  • 18257 battles
Sounds cool, thanks!

J_PinkMan #10 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 06:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Need more assurances that this is legit?  Here it from The Mighty Jingles hizself.  Just go his FaceBook ... Here:

https://www.facebook...415298048553149

Scroll down a bit till you see his entry about Tank Inspector.

BTW ... A quick search found this YouTube demo of Tank Inspector ... there are probably better versions ... but this should be helpfull to some:

...Jesse

J_PinkMan #11 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 07:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Here's another video demonstrating T.I. with a somewhat different emphasis.  It's also NOT the released version, so you don't see all of the functions that were included with the Official version.

It's worth a watch.

...Jesse

Tank3rDude #12 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 07:19

Major

• Players
  • 9612 battles
  • [_TNK_] _TNK_
I guess people just don't really truly honestly want to improve their tankin' skills?

J_PinkMan #13 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 07:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

View PostTank3rDude, on Dec 28 2013 - 01:19, said:

I guess people just don't really truly honestly want to improve their tankin' skills?

I hear ya, Tank3rdOOd!

And yet another vid ... this shows how to download, install, etc ... as well as some of the functionality.  It was uploaded just a day ago ... and this Official release occurred Dec 24th.

Good stuff.

Trust me ... THIS Tank Inspector is IMPRESSIVE stuff.

...Jesse

Edited by J_PinkMan, Dec 28 2013 - 07:29.

Nekony #14 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 15:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17861 battles
  • [DAFOX] DAFOX

I haven't used the program, but I was concerned by the OP's post "The program opens and asks for your WoT email and a password of your choosing"

So, from the FAQ on the program devs page  http://tankinspector.sinaapp.com/faq/  :

• Q: Do I need to use my WoT account to connect?
    A: DO NOT use your WoT account as your Tank Inspector account. Use another password, preferably another email address. Although it’s technically safe if you use your WoT account, we do not want Tank Inspector to bring any potential security risk to you.
  • Q: What if I accidently used by WoT account to sign in Tank Inspector?
    A: Be ease. Your password is stored in an irreversible encrypted form both locally and on our server. That is, even if this encrypted password is leaked, it is still practically impossible to retrieve your plain (real) password from it, thus no one could use it to access your WoT account. However, it is still recommended to use another password and email other than the one your WoT is using.

J_PinkMan #15 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 16:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

You guy are missing out on an AWESOME research tool if you haven't tried Tank Inspector yet.

Below is just the tip of the iceberg.  Here's a screen print I made of a comparison between two Tier III German Light Tank "Scouts" ... the T15 and the PzIC.

The stats shown are for the T15.  The coloured symbols (mostly triangles) indicate how the T15 compares directly to whatever tank I used as a "Reference Tank".  I chose the PzIC as the reference tank (see bottom right corner of the image).  The Reference tanks are fully Elited, and in this case, so is the T15.  I haven't added stuff like vents, camo, etc to the T15, so it's comparably equipped to the PzIC.

The Green Triangles indicate that the T15 has better perfornace than the Reference Tank, and Red is poorer.  The Equal Signs are self explanatory.

The Triangles that resemble Xmas Trees indicate a more significant difference between the tank you're researching (the T15 here) and the Reference tank.  To see the precise differences between the two tanks for ANY Stat with a coloured symbol, simply hover your cursor over the symbol next to the stat you're interested in and a small info window opens as seen in the next image.

In the second image I hovered over the Win Rate symbol, and you see the data window indicating that the T15 has averaged a 5.72% better Win Rate that the Benchmark/Reference Tank (the PzIC) over a specific period or number of battles).

Rinse and repeat with other stats.

IF the T15 offered a similar auto-loader gun to the one on the PzIC I could have equipped the T15 with that gun by clicking on the GUN Equipment image at the bottom left, then chosen the comparable gun.  That gun selection would INSTANTLY re-calculate ALL stats that would be impacted by the different gun selection.  Ditto with the other equipment, consumables, skills, etc available along the bottom of the screen.

Btw ... to choose a comparable Reference Tank?  At the Bottom Right, click on the Gold Circle and you will be provided a list of tanks to select from as your Reference tank (See the last image).

Don't be afraid to hover, click, etc.  There's a wealth of info available to the curious among us.  Experiment with the program... It is AWESOME!

...Jesse

J_PinkMan #16 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 16:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

View PostNekony, on Dec 28 2013 - 09:14, said:

I haven't used the program, but I was concerned by the OP's post "The program opens and asks for your WoT email and a password of your choosing"

So, from the FAQ on the program devs page  http://tankinspector.sinaapp.com/faq/  :

• Q: Do I need to use my WoT account to connect?
    A: DO NOT use your WoT account as your Tank Inspector account. Use another password, preferably another email address. Although it’s technically safe if you use your WoT account, we do not want Tank Inspector to bring any potential security risk to you.
  • Q: What if I accidently used by WoT account to sign in Tank Inspector?
    A: Be ease. Your password is stored in an irreversible encrypted form both locally and on our server. That is, even if this encrypted password is leaked, it is still practically impossible to retrieve your plain (real) password from it, thus no one could use it to access your WoT account. However, it is still recommended to use another password and email other than the one your WoT is using.

I understand your concerns.  My understanding is that you do NOT need to use your WoT email.

I admit that I took it on faith that Jingles and QB wouldn't be touting the program if there was a concern about security.  Who knows, that might turn out to have been a mistake at some point.

But ... with the level of effort that must have gone into creating the program, it would seem to be an overly elaborate ruse to get hold of our WoT emails.

...Jesse

J_PinkMan #17 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 16:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Geez!  Sorry about the MONSTER images.  I'll resize in the future.

...Dummie

Shrevnitz #18 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 17:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 8917 battles

This program is really informative!

I do like the Tier benchmark, as well as the effects of installed modules and crew skills influence on the tanks stats.

I was a little wary of the program myself, but Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security doesn't seem to think it's a problem.  It's also not doing anything in the registry.  Heck TeamSpeak 3 sets off more alarm bells since that Overwolf integration thing.

I may have to donate to the author, I'd love to see this stay in-step with any updates.

Volkscom #19 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 17:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40546 battles

Already know where on any tank my gun can pen (if only WOT program actually worked that is), by the reticle green or red color when aiming at the tank in question.

Also,already have pretty good idea when seeing the name/ type of tank above its red icon, even if not in LOS what is more and what is less dangerous target.

J_PinkMan #20 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 17:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

View PostVolkscom, on Dec 28 2013 - 11:13, said:

Already know where on any tank my gun can pen (if only WOT program actually worked that is), by the reticle green or red color when aiming at the tank in question.

Also,already have pretty good idea when seeing the name/ type of tank above its red icon, even if not in LOS what is more and what is less dangerous target.

I bet you didn't know that at 747 battles (like me).  And I'd wager my beloved left one that if you are pondering which tank to get next, this program would make yer ponderin' a LOT easier even for someone as experienced as you.

BTW .. This is the Newcomers Forum, so it seems appropriate to ASSume that some newbs might be interested in doing some research before embarrassing or disappointing themselves on the battlefield or in their tank selections.

Jus' sayin' ...

...Jesse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users