Tank Inspector: Excellent Research Tool ...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poinciana #41 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 20:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26566 battles
How do you install it after you download it? I download it, right click and pressed Open, but don't know where to go from there. I don't know anything about computer software and would appreciate some step by step instructions if you have the time. Thank you.

Red_Raven_168 #42 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 20:29

Major

• Players
  • 11041 battles

View PostPoinciana, on Jan 05 2014 - 12:17, said:

How do you install it after you download it? I download it, right click and pressed Open, but don't know where to go from there. I don't know anything about computer software and would appreciate some step by step instructions if you have the time. Thank you.

I downloaded it, unpacked it with 7 zip

then gave the executable a margarita and started using it.

Squid_Gunner #43 Posted Jan 06 2014 - 18:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9614 battles
I installed this program about a week ago.  One of the really cool aspects of it is to see how crew training affects tank performance.  Adjust your crew to a 75% level then to a 100% level and note the difference in damage per minute, reload time, rate of fire and accuracy.  You will never settle for a 75% crew again.  You can also see the difference that various modules and equipment make.  I consider this program an essential tool for the game.

Merauder777 #44 Posted Jan 08 2014 - 02:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13730 battles

View PostJ_PinkMan, on Jan 05 2014 - 09:45, said:

I'm sorry to hear that some have had some difficulty getting started.  I can't directly help except to detail what worked for me.  

1.  Go to the Download page ... Here:

http://tankinspector...p.com/download/

2.  On that page, click on the "Systems Requirements" link to verify that your PC will run the application.

3.  Click on ">>> Click here to download <<<" to download the application.

4.  UNZIP the downloaded file named "sti.1.0.0.4" (I used WinZip, but others will work too).  I unzipped into a new folder on my desktop.

5.  Go to where you unzipped the application and Double-click on the "sti.1.0.0.4" Folder to open that folder.

6.  Find the Application File named "Smellyriver.Tank.Inspector" and Double click on the file.   That Launches the application and the initial Login process).  HERE is what the file folder looks like with the file you need to double click highlighted in Grey:

7.  The application opens/launches in a pop-up window with simple initial prompts to setup your account online access (Login).  From memory, it asks for a valid email account (it does NOT need to be your WoT email), and a unique password of your choice.  Then it asks for the location/path of the WoT application on your PC.  My path to WoT is: C:\Games\World of Tanks

Find your path by clicking the Green? button.  Again, this is from memory since I've already installed and can't view the install prompts any longer.  Confirm your WoT path, and the full online program launches and you can immediately begin using it.

That same "Smellyriver.Tank.Inspector" file will launch Tank Inspector every time you double click on it.  I created a shortcut for it and dragged the shortcut to my desktop for easy access.

Watch The Mighty Jingles YouTube video above (post number #26 on this thread) since he explains the download and setup procedure (and SHOWS a key part of the setup)  beginning at about the 8:15 mark in the video. HERE is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=sihu_tlrBpk

For further Support, go the page linked in #1 above and click on the "Support" drop-down menu at the top of the page.

Hope this helps.

...Jesse

Step 7 is where I am having problems, its asking for me to locate the game client for it but regardless of the folder I go to (games, world of tanks, or any location within the world of tanks folder) it says that the path is invalid. I am not very tech savvy so its entirely possible I missed something, any ideas?

tinslate #45 Posted Jan 21 2014 - 19:00

Private

• Players
  • 4530 battles
but how do you install if using a Mac and wineskin

Sabot_AntiTank #46 Posted Feb 22 2014 - 02:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 11477 battles
  • [WDN] WDN
I keep getting the error "Tank Inspector has stopped working" whenever I try and start the program. Any ideas as to what may be causing the issue?

Nukelavee45 #47 Posted Feb 22 2014 - 03:14

Major

• Players
  • 18800 battles
Pinkman, you're scaring me. 

Legiondude #48 Posted Feb 22 2014 - 03:18

Major

• Players
  • 20896 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostSabot_AntiTank, on Feb 21 2014 - 19:36, said:

I keep getting the error "Tank Inspector has stopped working" whenever I try and start the program. Any ideas as to what may be causing the issue?

You sure you have everything listed under Dependencies?

J_PinkMan #49 Posted Feb 22 2014 - 06:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Nuke 'em ... I'm just "starting" to scare you?  LOL ... I've had faulty wirin' for YEARS!!!  I'm widely reknowned for NOT bein' wrapped too tight.

As for problems with people being unable to access Tank Inspector?  I'm NOT a Techie ... so I don't have a clue.  Besides LegionDude's suggestion to check your dependencies, all I could suggest would be to be sure to shutdown the WoT Server when you attempt to access or install Tank Inspector.  While I have found that I CAN use T.I. with WoT running in the background (and vice versa), I've heard that it's a problem for others.

BTW ... Tonight I saw that when I tried to access Tank Inspector I was OFFERED the chance to upgrade to a new beta version.  Until I research the beta, I won't Opt In.  However, THAT may be part of you problem as well?

All I can say is that I, Me, MINE have found T.I. to be TREMENDOUS Resource for those into researching and comparing tanks.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

...Jesse

Edited by J_PinkMan, Feb 22 2014 - 06:33.

GhostlyShark #50 Posted Dec 16 2016 - 00:23

Private

• Players
  • 12640 battles
Tank inspector keeps giving me "Selected game path is invalid". My path is "D:\MyGames\WoT", which I guess might be confusing TI because it is non-standard? I have .net 4 and since WoT runs, I obviously have direct x. It is a windows 8.1 system.

Nick_Mikado #51 Posted Dec 16 2016 - 03:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7548 battles

Help! I down loaded Tank Inspector and when it runs it asks for the Directory for my Client.  It then rejects as invalid the World of tanks directory.  Help!

I had i running under 9.16 but it started failing when I upgraded to 9.17.

oldewolfe #52 Posted Dec 16 2016 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 31574 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

FYI, though Tank Inspector is a Very Valuable Tool, it is NOT meant for all Rigs...     My Desktops had no Issues with it, but my Older Laptop finds it Harder to Cope with than WoT, and that chokes it at 2 Fps (even Artillery won't Play there)....

I Like it alot though, and once I get back Online, will certainly be Reinstalling it.....          

Edited by oldewolfe, Dec 16 2016 - 21:45.

agentlazer1 #53 Posted Dec 17 2016 - 22:01

Private

• Players
  • 13522 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
Yeah, Tank inspector isn't working for me either. Keeps saying "Selected game path is invalid." It was working fine until 9.17 but now it won't load up. Seems their website is having issues too but it may just be maintenance. If anyone has a fix please let us know.

Prometheis_2 #54 Posted Dec 28 2016 - 22:31

Private

• Players
  • 25360 battles

Same here, stopped working and can't figure out what changed....  Like to get it back.  Wonder how accurate the zones are.

It seems to have been reverse engineered from the game model, something the Chinese do fairly well, but the last WOT update euchred it ...

oldewolfe #55 Posted Dec 29 2016 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 31574 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Guess when they stopped Updating it, it's no longer Recognized...     Similar to when WoT Updates, Replays become Obsolete as well....

Derned shame too, I liked it when it was Working....      Need a Programmer to pick up the reigns on this thing one day....      

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users