Tank Inspector: Excellent Research Tool ...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

J_PinkMan #21 Posted Dec 28 2013 - 18:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Here's a different example ... MY real-world example of how this program can help.

I have 27 battles in my first Tier Three tank ... a PzIC.  I've been faced with DOZENS of new maps AND Tanks from Tiers III, IV, and V.  This program won't help me gain map knowledge, but it WILL greatly assist in recognizing tanks on the battlefield and which I have a chance to damage when the situation is right.

By simply going through the Armor penetration function, with the shell type that I intend to use (in my 7,92 mm Muaser), I can quickly identify (tank by tank) which ones I have a chance to damage, and which I have ZERO chance to hurt.  I've tried the trial and error route, and I die a LOT that way ... and THAT doesn't help my TEAM or my pride.

Via the stats page, I can also bone-up on which tanks are likely to have a better view range than mine, and take that into account on the battlefield.  Ditto with bonin'-up on reload times, rate of fire for different tanks with different guns, etc.  A long reload time just MAY give me time to get around a Red guy and kick him in the nuts, and scurry away.  

All of this, and much, MUCH more is gonna make me more competitive.  Learnin' by dyin' ain't cuttin' it.

I'll never be a strong WoTer ... my mental and physical agility just ain't what they used to be.  But, I can try to outsmart some of the competition.  Not doin' stOOpid stuff is worth it's weight in GOLD.

Without having played a single battle since getting Tank Inspector, I KNOW that I'm already a better PzIC tanker than I was 24 hours ago.  There's still miles and miles to go before I and MY PzIC can consistently be an asset to my teams, but I ENJOY the journey.

Edited to add:  Since I'm unfamiliar with so many of the new tanks, I am using Photo-Realistic 3-D Tank for Armor pen research rather than the Crayon Coloured version.  The Crayon version is too cartoon-ish to help me identify the real thang on the battlefield.

...Jesse

Edited by J_PinkMan, Dec 28 2013 - 19:08.

Chairborne #22 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 06:12

Captain

• Players
  • 8523 battles
Thanks for info Jesse! I finally got around to downloading it and it is tremendous.

J_PinkMan #23 Posted Jan 01 2014 - 01:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

View PostChairborne, on Dec 31 2013 - 00:12, said:

Thanks for info Jesse! I finally got around to downloading it and it is tremendous.

Glad ya liked it, Chairborne!

It looks like the Tank Inspector is paying off for moi.

Prior to T.I. I had 27 battles in my only Tier III tank ... the PzIC ... with a 37% Win Rate.  After several days without playing at all, I did some research today with T.I. to see which Tier III, IV &V tanks I could kill, just mildly damage or harrass/track, or had to stay out of range of.

My first time out since I installed T.I. was today.  I adjusted my play style based on my T.I. research and, except in a couple of Tier III battles, I was far less aggressive with my trigger finger and relied on simply spotting and letting our big kids do the damage.

The result?  A better than 57% Win Rate for my 14 battles ... much better than the previous 37%.

Of course, my Win8 and other stats suffered because spotting doesn't count for much.  But ... I'm CONVINCED that in most matches I was an ASSet ... NOT a liability.  In other words, I played a useful role.

I was active both in defending our base (harassing those approaching our base, or resetting cap, then running away), and Capping momentarily to draw the enemy back to base then, again, running away while my teammates shot the enemy in the rump as they turned to protect their base.

You won't be sorry if you spend some time with this GREAT Application.

...Jesse

rokinamerica #24 Posted Jan 01 2014 - 02:03

Major

• Players
  • 5124 battles

Thanks for the info. Once I get back from holiday I will check it out. I really have a hard time deciding which tank to get next and it is not always the easiest to compare in the tech tree. Going to the forum also gets a split opinion and wiki is not always up to date. 

I love watching QB's vids and jingles is always entertaining. 

Dirty_Bullet #25 Posted Jan 01 2014 - 02:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29974 battles

Kudos for OP!

You may have few battles under your belt but you surely show a desire to learn and improve your game. And that means a lot!

If only I had the fortune to find all these hidden gems a long time ago, maybe my stats would be a different color to what they are today.

I will take a thorough look into this tool and try to put it to work.

Thanks for the info and links.

J_PinkMan #26 Posted Jan 02 2014 - 09:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

For skeptics and those with malfunctioning spidey-sensors, HERE is a video review of Tank Inspector from none other than The Mighty Jingles hiz own seff:

...Jesse

ummmmmmmmmmmm #27 Posted Jan 02 2014 - 20:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 5318 battles
  • [79PRF] 79PRF
HELP!!!! i cant get the thing open!!!!!i downloaded it but when i click it it just closes itself and shut down!!!!! heeeellllp me! plz!!!!

Hyperformer #28 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 02:06

Private

• Players
  • 6561 battles
is the file name supposed to be that --> STI.1.0.0.4.7z <-- because I feel that it might not be

J_PinkMan #29 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 03:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Double click the folder "sti.1.0.0.4"

Then, Scroll down the list of folders and files till you see the Application file named "Smellyriver.TankInspector" (file size is 12,166 KB) and Double Click on it.  BTW ... the application file has the WoT icon to the left of the file name.

Follow the prompts and you'll be up and running in less than two minutes.

...Jesse

ummmmmmmmmmmm #30 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 05:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 5318 battles
  • [79PRF] 79PRF

Hey Jesse, i did that but it just closes itself down like it did it but it doesn't show on-screen and the Icon fades

Chairborne #31 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 05:25

Captain

• Players
  • 8523 battles
Ummm, double check your system meets the requirements and if so I would suggest dump it and re-install. Mine didn't take the first time either.

Edited by Chairborne, Jan 05 2014 - 05:25.

rokinamerica #32 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 05:33

Major

• Players
  • 5124 battles
You need something like winzip to extract the files and place them into the WOT folder.

rokinamerica #33 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 05:35

Major

• Players
  • 5124 battles
And I downloaded it today, nice piece of work. I was able to do very easily comparisons of guns, depression with different mantles and compare tanks. I will get a lot of use from this. Plus 1 Jesse.

Chairborne #34 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 05:35

Captain

• Players
  • 8523 battles

View PostRokinamerica, on Jan 05 2014 - 05:33, said:

You need something like winzip to extract the files and place them into the WOT folder.

I think that was what happened to me. Something went awry with the unzipping.

rokinamerica #35 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 5124 battles
I just checked and I put mine in the games folder, so it doesn't need to be in the WOT folder, but it does need to be unzipped, The extension ~~.7z is for 7zip, which I use, but it should unzip with most any windows zip file program.

J_PinkMan #36 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 15:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

I'm sorry to hear that some have had some difficulty getting started.  I can't directly help except to detail what worked for me.  

1.  Go to the Download page ... Here:

http://tankinspector...p.com/download/

2.  On that page, click on the "Systems Requirements" link to verify that your PC will run the application.

3.  Click on ">>> Click here to download <<<" to download the application.

4.  UNZIP the downloaded file named "sti.1.0.0.4" (I used WinZip, but others will work too).  I unzipped into a new folder on my desktop.

5.  Go to where you unzipped the application and Double-click on the "sti.1.0.0.4" Folder to open that folder.

6.  Find the Application File named "Smellyriver.Tank.Inspector" and Double click on the file.   That Launches the application and the initial Login process).  HERE is what the file folder looks like with the file you need to double click highlighted in Grey:

7.  The application opens/launches in a pop-up window with simple initial prompts to setup your account online access (Login).  From memory, it asks for a valid email account (it does NOT need to be your WoT email), and a unique password of your choice.  Then it asks for the location/path of the WoT application on your PC.  My path to WoT is: C:\Games\World of Tanks

Find your path by clicking the Green? button.  Again, this is from memory since I've already installed and can't view the install prompts any longer.  Confirm your WoT path, and the full online program launches and you can immediately begin using it.

That same "Smellyriver.Tank.Inspector" file will launch Tank Inspector every time you double click on it.  I created a shortcut for it and dragged the shortcut to my desktop for easy access.

Watch The Mighty Jingles YouTube video above (post number #26 on this thread) since he explains the download and setup procedure (and SHOWS a key part of the setup)  beginning at about the 8:15 mark in the video. HERE is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=sihu_tlrBpk

For further Support, go the page linked in #1 above and click on the "Support" drop-down menu at the top of the page.

Hope this helps.

...Jesse

J_PinkMan #37 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 16:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

The developers Support area (mentioned above) has a page detailing some "Known Issues" which MAY explain why some have difficulty with setting up T.I..  HERE is that page:

http://tankinspector...app.com/issues/

...Jesse

Tazilon #38 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 16:52

Major

• Players
  • 94130 battles
  • [-40-] -40-
Be aware there is a bug with stats affected by your CO skill.  They used the wrong number.  I wrote them and they agree it is a bug and will be fixed next iteration.  The error is small so you will still get a close ballpark figure but some values will change when they update the prog.

Edited by Tazilon, Jan 05 2014 - 16:52.

Skuttles1 #39 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 17:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 649 battles
When an online program requies that I point to a folder on my computer ,I run and say no BLEEPIN WAY and Chinese at that ,D'oh

Edited by Skuttles1, Jan 05 2014 - 17:27.

J_PinkMan #40 Posted Jan 05 2014 - 19:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1790 battles

Thanks Tazilon.  Your site is one of the main Books of my WoT Bible ... especially since snaggin' a PzIC.  Great stuff!

Good of you to not only identify the Smelly River error, but also to inform them of the error. 

BTW ... what is "CO skill"?

Also ... does "pointing" to the WoT folder on you PC concern you?  Should it concern US?  

...Jesse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users