No Signal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Valiancy #1 Posted Mar 28 2011 - 00:50

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 47 battles
Hello.

Firstly, I'm not sure if this is a bug with the game or just my computer. I'm not very computer savvy.

So, it seems that whenever I begin to load up the map, the game freezes, then goes to a black screen. A little box pops up that says: NO SIGNAL and then the computer restarts. I'm running the latest version and all.

I'm not really sure what is going on.

spambung #2 Posted Mar 28 2011 - 00:59

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16847 battles
  • [BUNG] BUNG
No signal is a message from your monitor.  Try updating your drivers, starting with video drivers.  If that doesn't work, chances are its a hardware conflict or defective hardware.  Try removing some things you don't need like card readers or dvd players.  If one of those works, then that is your problem or your power supply is the problem.  If now, it may be your graphics card or power supply.

Just a few things to try.  Let us know if any of it works.

Valiancy #3 Posted Mar 28 2011 - 01:01

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 47 battles
Ok also, a tad bit of information I probably should of informed you about before.

It had never done this until my computer had a virus attack. It got ahold of a Trojan that said McAfee is a virus and stuff like that.
So maybe the virus messed up some of my computers settings?

spambung #4 Posted Mar 28 2011 - 01:03

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16847 battles
  • [BUNG] BUNG
In that case you might have a corrupted OS and a reinstall is in order.  What OS are you running?

Valiancy #5 Posted Mar 28 2011 - 01:09

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 47 battles
If you mean Operating System;

Windows XP Professional.

spambung #6 Posted Mar 28 2011 - 01:15

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16847 battles
  • [BUNG] BUNG
Very likely that it is corrupted.  Reinstall XP if those other things don't work.  Be sure to only back up what you need.  The virus may still be in some folders and copying everything to backup will just give you problems again in the future.

I loved XP, but did have to reinstall about every 6 months due to errors.  Partitioning the hard drive save me a ton of time both in the reformatting and not having to copy everything I wanted to keep to a backup medium.

boybland #7 Posted Mar 28 2011 - 01:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles
Yep what Spambug said,
Drivers or OS files are most likely corrupted, probably video drivers as that is the main thing WOT will use that the computer generally won't.
So
Update video drivers, by downloading from manufacturer (Nvidia or ATI/AMD most likely, possibly Intel on low end machine)... fairly high chance of success in my opinion.
If problem persists, backup personal data etc... and then reinstall Windows XP over the top of current install (repair option during install might do it).
If problem persists, make sure you have ABSOLUTELY backed up everything you need, then format hard drive (THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING ON HDD) and reinstall Windows XP and then Video Drivers. .
If problem persists, possibly hardware has been damaged somehow...

Spambug feel free to continue :)

Valiancy #8 Posted Mar 28 2011 - 01:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 47 battles
Ok, thank you, both of you.

I just re-installed my Drivers and updated them. So, I hope they work.

And yea, XP does seem to have many problems.

I love ol' betty, but she is just a hassle :P

SavageWhiteDude #9 Posted Apr 15 2011 - 04:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 5935 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15
I'm having the same issue.  Only with this game, it's not my drivers, corrupted OS files, or spyware.  It's either a bug or a compatibility issue on their end as I'm not having it with any other game/program.

Never had the problem till the release day patch.  I can load the game, then a few seconds in it cuts in and out till I lose signal completely.  Sometimes it comes back after 20-30 seconds, sometimes it doesn't.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users