Team Damage Penalties

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

McRib4Life #1 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 22:35

Private

• Players
  • 7544 battles

I understand the need for penalties for team damage, but arty seems to get boned hard here.  Just had a match were I was firing cross map in an M41.  Looking at about a >3s shell travel time.  Having a decent match so I'm looking forward to some decent credits/xp.  Take a shot and as it leaves the barrel a teammate suddenly discovers his "W" key, darts out from behind his rock, and comes barreling down a hill driving directly into the path of the shell.  End up hitting him for 350ish damage and set him on fire.  Ticks off about another 200 or so HP.  End up losing the game.  Get fined all of my credits (~23k) and receive just over 100xp.  

With all the RNG that artillery gets to enjoy, and the tough grinds associated with them, having everything taken away in a match from a single shot seems a bit harsh.  It wasn't as if I was trying to snake a kill out from the middle of 3 allies or something.

Is there any specific math WG uses to determine the amount of a fine in game for team damage?  Anyone point me in the right direction if this has been covered before somewhere else?

cmdr_riker #2 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 15222 battles
"target the enemy" I don't know why they changed it to "requesting fire", but whatever, it lets people know where you are looking. I rarely shot my own team when I was using arty.

Fahlorn #3 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 22:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 23717 battles
Need an idiot button for times like these. I always use my target button along with a prediction of time for the incoming shell, idiots just don't care or troll arty by trying to intercept the shells.

Coltaine47 #4 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 23:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2276 battles
had a few of those happen to me even just in my Churchill 7 and i get almost killed by my own teams arty (and killed once as well). i just started playing arty and communication i have learned  help prevent this from happening just hit T to say who you are targeting that way if those who pay attention to chat will be cautious  

madgiecool #5 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 23:01

Major

• Players
  • 34493 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

I'm waiting for the don't play arty post.

I believe the FF / TK penalties need to be revised.

(I think I just opened myself up for a "working as intended" post. 

Friends19 #6 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 23:02

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 18844 battles
  • [PRO_S] PRO_S

when arty targets something im near to I always try to track while attempting to keep myself from taking damage, but if that means being in my allies reticle, I accept the fact if I end up taking the shell instead of the enemy because allied arty targeted him and I stayed near him knowing allied arty will fire on him

madgiecool #7 Posted Dec 31 2013 - 23:16

Major

• Players
  • 34493 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

I've had a few arty games, and I'ld like to think most arty players will hold their shot if there is a chance of hitting a friendly.

Team damage sucks.  TK sucks.

I've also played a few games as a scout, pinned numerous artys and TD's.  I've been 99% safe from enemy fire, and I absolutely hate it why the arty is bored and wants to kill steel, shoots at me to take what I have risked my tank to get.

McRib4Life #8 Posted Jan 01 2014 - 00:34

Private

• Players
  • 7544 battles
I guess I'll spam "T" more often.  In this case I doubt it would have helped though.  I'll just count it as part of the grind.

PanzerSleeper7 #9 Posted Jan 01 2014 - 01:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 3557 battles

Arty is the only problem. I've been in tank duels next to teammate, who for some unknown reason, know exactly when I'm going to press the SHOT button, and step right in front of me. Yes, I've killed teammate doing that, and it just sucks because how the hell are you supposed to know if they won't be idiots?

I to think it take way to much from the players stats. How does the game "know" that you did it on purpose? It doesn't so it just penalizes. No recourse.

Now if someone is running around killing off teammates all over the map, I would understand the penalty. But one shot? Even if it kills a teammate, how does the system know it was on purpose? Does WOT understand collateral damage?

Also, did you know that you ONLY get %5 free experience from every game? That sure seems really low to me. I'm trying to get an 200,000 experience level tank, and it's taking forever. It's kind of like a penalty. Yes, I know I can exchange gold to transfer some of the game experience into free experience, but then you are on the $ gravy train.

james2ts #10 Posted Jan 01 2014 - 02:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 10599 battles
  • [RMADA] RMADA

All I can say is, I have lost many potential kills and / or damage because a team mate was near.  If there's even the slightest question, I hold off the shot.

Sucks to be arty, but there you go.

Not to say that this couldn't happen to me.... I feel for you bro.  But, when I hit the "T" on my target, then check that no one on my side can get hit, that's when I rain the thunder from above.  Not before.

MangyTiger #11 Posted Jan 07 2014 - 01:14

Private

• Players
  • 21639 battles

Ok, this looks like a good place to put my question, ie: why is there such a big discrepancy between the fine, and the credits received? last night in a game running my Tiger ll on Ensk, I was in a shooting match with an enemy tank, when I started the fight I was the only one over there, after trading several shots with the T34, I was down to 225 hp left, and I pulled out to take what I hoped would be the finishing shot on him, I got popped by a T30 that had rolled in behind me. "friendly fire" ( yea I know, watch the mini map) any way after battle report, I received 1,612 creditsfor the damage recieved, just out of curiosity, I sent the T30 driver a PM and asked him how much he was fined, he replied that he was fined 10,827 credits. WHY is WoT taking credits?? it was not their tank getting destroyed, it cost me over 25K for repairs..

Next time you get team damage, or cause it, try sending the other person a PM and see how much difference there is.. This is TOTAL BS, and it needs to change..

I was going to take screen shots of my battle report, and my conversation with the T30 driver, but before we were done chatting, the servers went down for maintenance..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users