T32 Nerf... straight from Overlord.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

Wrath_From_Above #21 Posted Mar 31 2011 - 21:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I would hate to see the American tree get another nerf. That would make the US tree almost unplayable.

SpectreHD #22 Posted Mar 31 2011 - 22:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16763 battles
  • [TT] TT

View Postbarroom, on Mar 31 2011 - 19:06, said:

I suspect soon enough they will have effectively killed off the North American server. If this is the intent, grats, you win. I'll burn through my preorder gold and pull the eject handle. Now I wish I had waited until April 11th before I pre-ordered.

Comrade, T-54 fine. Learn play!

Lol...good thing my Mastercard expired so I had to transfer funds from my bank account to my Paypal which took 6 days(transferred on the weekend) and so did not get the Heavy preorder yet. So I am waiting to see the full release notes before I buy. Bought Bad Company 2 in the mean time...

View PostWrath_From_Above, on Mar 31 2011 - 21:38, said:

I would hate to see the American tree get another nerf. That would make the US tree almost unplayable.

Not unplayable. Just mediocre and not fun.

Stieger #23 Posted Mar 31 2011 - 23:19

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 32700 battles
well so is the T54 gun I have early wrote in the forums about this so far nothing has been admitted to any changes or possible changes. The D54t 100mm gun that is on this tank was design for the T 55 and T62 tanks the Tank turret provides a cramp conditien restricting it depression, rounds that are currently figure to by the developers at 8.4 is incorrrect load out should be about 4 rounds a minute. Also the tank was never built that well it had fuel cells along the sides of the tank exposing itself to severe dmg. Frontal hull is NOT 120mm it is 99mm speed of this tank is not 56 but 50kph and yet they want to nerf all other tanks and make russian tanks better than what they really were. Why do I ask do they hide these fact about this tank and not adjust accordingly info on the web and book will indeed verify all that I have said.

141Haruna #24 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 01:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostStieger, on Mar 31 2011 - 23:19, said:

well so is the T54 gun I have early wrote in the forums about this so far nothing has been admitted to any changes or possible changes. The D54t 100mm gun that is on this tank was design for the T 55 and T62 tanks the Tank turret provides a cramp conditien restricting it depression, rounds that are currently figure to by the developers at 8.4 is incorrrect load out should be about 4 rounds a minute. Also the tank was never built that well it had fuel cells along the sides of the tank exposing itself to severe dmg. Frontal hull is NOT 120mm it is 99mm speed of this tank is not 56 but 50kph and yet they want to nerf all other tanks and make russian tanks better than what they really were. Why do I ask do they hide these fact about this tank and not adjust accordingly info on the web and book will indeed verify all that I have said.

Dude, you just don't get it.  Russian tanks are the best tanks ever made.  Russian tanks are so powerful that many countries still use the 40 year old models simply because a 40 year old Russian tank can easily outfight an Abrams.  Using Russian tanks guarantees your country's victory in war.  The only time a Russian tank will lose a fight is when the enemy attacks from the sky like the cowards they are.  Russian technology is so great that the Russians singlehandedly ended World War II.  The Japanese were so scared of having to fight the Russians that they surrendered just 6 days after Russia declared war.  They would have surrendered instantly, but the surrender documents got lost somewhere in Nagasaki.  They had to write up another copy, and that took 6 days because the calligraphers were so scared of being at war with Russia that their hands wouldn't stop shaking.  The Russian tanks are completely historically accurate in this game.  It is the information you got from your lying government that is inaccurate.  They've lied to you about Russia for 60 years because if you knew the truth about how powerful Russia really is you'd hide under your bed, wetting your pants in fear.

BarrooM #25 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 01:52

Major

• Players
  • 18618 battles

View Post141Haruna, on Apr 01 2011 - 01:39, said:

Dude, you just don't get it.  Russian tanks are the best tanks ever made.  Russian tanks are so powerful that many countries still use the 40 year old models simply because a 40 year old Russian tank can easily outfight an Abrams.  Using Russian tanks guarantees your country's victory in war.  The only time a Russian tank will lose a fight is when the enemy attacks from the sky like the cowards they are.  Russian technology is so great that the Russians singlehandedly ended World War II.  The Japanese were so scared of having to fight the Russians that they surrendered just 6 days after Russia declared war.  They would have surrendered instantly, but the surrender documents got lost somewhere in Nagasaki.  They had to write up another copy, and that took 6 days because the calligraphers were so scared of being at war with Russia that their hands wouldn't stop shaking.  The Russian tanks are completely historically accurate in this game.  It is the information you got from your lying government that is inaccurate.  They've lied to you about Russia for 60 years because if you knew the truth about how powerful Russia really is you'd hide under your bed, wetting your pants in fear.

I love you.

luwinkle #26 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 01:57

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostKillingMeSoftly, on Mar 31 2011 - 20:05, said:

Soviet tanks are the gold standard by which all other nation's tanks are judged.  If a different nation's tank performs better, they will be nerfed.  If another nation's tank performs worse, it will hopefully be buffed.  You will likely never seen any appreciable nerfs to Soviet tanks.  If this game was made by US developers, it would be US tanks that were the gold standard.  I think once more people discover this and come to terms with this, they'll be happier players.

If it were made by US Developers then German tanks would be the gold standard...look at Company of Heroes. ;)

Oh wait...that was made by Canadians...

Lumina #27 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 02:02

Major

• Players
  • 8202 battles

View PostKillingMeSoftly, on Mar 31 2011 - 20:05, said:

Soviet tanks are the gold standard by which all other nation's tanks are judged.  If a different nation's tank performs better, they will be nerfed.  If another nation's tank performs worse, it will hopefully be buffed.  You will likely never seen any appreciable nerfs to Soviet tanks.  If this game was made by US developers, it would be US tanks that were the gold standard.  I think once more people discover this and come to terms with this, they'll be happier players.
Not true actually, most US Gamers prefer German tanks, atleast from experiance.  Panzers are just cool... they will forever be cool in the eyes of the video gaming world.   They have an expensive look to them.   :lol:

We Americans have a Sherman or Pershing to look forward to and some lightly armored tank destroeyrs if you go for vehicles actually deployed, they are just no where near as cool as their German rivals.  I for example have almost zero appeal for Russian tanks in any way or form, I personally find most of them ugly.   :blink:

Ultramarine212 #28 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 02:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3598 battles
  • [-SG-] -SG-

View Postluwinkle, on Apr 01 2011 - 01:57, said:

If it were made by US Developers then German tanks would be the gold standard...look at Company of Heroes. ;)

Oh wait...that was made by Canadians...

Never played Red Orchestra huh? US Devs, Neither side has a pure blatant advantage over the other.

luwinkle #29 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 06:04

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostUltramarine212, on Apr 01 2011 - 02:02, said:

Never played Red Orchestra huh? US Devs, Neither side has a pure blatant advantage over the other.

That's also a FPS. :P

Froderick22 #30 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 07:26

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 28957 battles
  • [WETOD] WETOD
The more I see, the more I feel glad that I didn't pre-order. I won't lose any money if I finally get too pissed at the way it's going and leave.

Ultramarine212 #31 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 08:40

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3598 battles
  • [-SG-] -SG-

View Postluwinkle, on Apr 01 2011 - 06:04, said:

That's also a FPS. :P

So? You used an RTS to back up your example, how is using a FPS suddenly invalid?

HighFlyer15 #32 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 08:50

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostOverlord, on Mar 31 2011 - 20:53, said:

I wonder what you would say when you see full patch notes for v.0.6.4. There will be a much more substantial rebalancing.
Any changes to the KT and IS-3..? Except for buffs..?
If not, then I don't really care about the other rebalancing, 'cause the T32 is fine! It's the ONLY good US high tier heavy, don't take the only pride we have away from us!

panzerd #33 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 13:55

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14757 battles

I wonder what you would say when you see full patch notes for v.0.6.4. There will be a much more substantial rebalancing.

I really hope so.  I refuse to be forced to play a single national tech tree just to be competitive.

The T32 is great fun, the T34 on the other hand, is a PoS.  What were you guys thinking?  Honestly.

EDIT:  I refuse to play a single national tree to be competitive in the top tiers.  American standout tanks for me are Easy 8, T29 (rate of fire is a touch too slow though), and T32.  Interestingly, the T29 RoF was nerfed and the T32 is due to be nerfed.  Easy 8 next inline for a nerf?

Wrath_From_Above #34 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 14:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Is that sarcasm or humor cus I was laughing out loud. No 40 year old Russian tank can come close to the M1 A1.....but the dev's think so   :)

Ivin #35 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 14:18

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22667 battles

this made me laugh so hard my side hurt, but then started to cry when I realized that this is about how they are handling US tanks and thats all I will play when the game is released <_<

Baumer #36 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 18:56

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24187 battles

Overloard I know you're in a "no-win" situation and have a tough job to do. However if I may offer a suggestion, I'm not sure where the OP found your original statement (I don't know which thread) but sometimes less information is better for avoiding internet drama. I'm sure you're aware of this, it's just a friendly reminder is all. Perhaps next time just leave out the change part, and just mention that the stats show an imbalance that's being looked at (as well as others we don't know about).

And you should let us know if you prefer, Tums, Rollaids, or Prilosc for your stomach issues! :rolleyes:

141Haruna #37 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 19:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostIvin, on Apr 01 2011 - 14:18, said:

this made me laugh so hard my side hurt, but then started to cry when I realized that this is about how they are handling US tanks and thats all I will play when the game is released <_<

Why would you want to drive an American tank?  Free markets are incapable of making any sort of decent war machine.  The capitalist business models of profit at any cost means that the tank manufacturers will cut corners to make the tank cheaper to produce.  Sure, the design starts out being revolutionary, but then the economists and engineers strip out anything that looks expensive in the design to save on manufacturing costs.  By the time they're done, you have a tank armored with zinc that runs on a dirt-bike engine with a .177 caliber main gun.  They then sell the ruined design to the American government for 1000 times what it costs to make.  The Americans are then forced to accept the design because they entered into a contract with the company.  That is the way of the Capitalist, and that is why American arms are inferior.

The communist system is much better at making war machines.  Our arms manufacturers understand that profit is a great evil, and only by working together towards a common goal can humanity truly succeed.  If a tank manufacturer in Russia tried to cut corners in order to make money off the government, we'd take him out back and put a bullet through his head replace him with someone who knew that cutting corners costs lives.

Don't believe me?  The M4 Sherman is a perfect example of the Capitalist at work.  The American Government entered into a contract for a fleet of tanks that could take the fight to Hitler.  The Capitalists then delivered a tank that was so bad that it couldn't even outfight a Panzer II.  The Americans were stuck buying the tank, even though it couldn't properly do its job.  The Americans were so desperate to get rid of the things that they actually gave thousands of them to Russia just to be rid of them.  The Russians knew shoddy Capitalist workmanship when they saw it though, and kept using their reliable, quality T-34s.

Edit:  Seriously though, I'm sorry your favorite tanks keep getting nerfed.  Maybe some day the developers will figure out that their method of balancing is freaking stupid and will actually put some effort into balancing the tanks.

Sputter #38 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 20:37

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16467 battles

View Post141Haruna, on Apr 01 2011 - 19:02, said:

Why would you want to drive an American tank?  Free markets are incapable of making any sort of decent war machine.  The capitalist business models of profit at any cost means that the tank manufacturers will cut corners to make the tank cheaper to produce.  Sure, the design starts out being revolutionary, but then the economists and engineers strip out anything that looks expensive in the design to save on manufacturing costs.  By the time they're done, you have a tank armored with zinc that runs on a dirt-bike engine with a .177 caliber main gun.  They then sell the ruined design to the American government for 1000 times what it costs to make.  The Americans are then forced to accept the design because they entered into a contract with the company.  That is the way of the Capitalist, and that is why American arms are inferior.

The communist system is much better at making war machines.  Our arms manufacturers understand that profit is a great evil, and only by working together towards a common goal can humanity truly succeed.  If a tank manufacturer in Russia tried to cut corners in order to make money off the government, we'd take him out back and put a bullet through his head replace him with someone who knew that cutting corners costs lives.

Don't believe me?  The M4 Sherman is a perfect example of the Capitalist at work.  The American Government entered into a contract for a fleet of tanks that could take the fight to Hitler.  The Capitalists then delivered a tank that was so bad that it couldn't even outfight a Panzer II.  The Americans were stuck buying the tank, even though it couldn't properly do its job.  The Americans were so desperate to get rid of the things that they actually gave thousands of them to Russia just to be rid of them.  The Russians knew shoddy Capitalist workmanship when they saw it though, and kept using their reliable, quality T-34s.

Edit:  Seriously though, I'm sorry your favorite tanks keep getting nerfed.  Maybe some day the developers will figure out that their method of balancing is freaking stupid and will actually put some effort into balancing the tanks.

its amazing the stuff people make up and think that is so far from true lol, fyi the t-34 wasn't the war machine you think it is, need to learn a bit more about tank history instead of just believeing everything first off

Lapland #39 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 20:44

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8318 battles

View PostSputter, on Apr 01 2011 - 20:37, said:

its amazing the stuff people make up and think that is so far from true lol, fyi the t-34 wasn't the war machine you think it is, need to learn a bit more about tank history instead of just believeing everything first off

It's amazing the stuff that people make up about what other people think.

How do you become so delusional about other people's delusions?

Striker_002 #40 Posted Apr 01 2011 - 20:47

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 23182 battles
Some people seriously lack sarcasm detectors....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users