[0.9.4] |Update 3| Solo's Easy ModPack Installer w/ Mod and Sound Previews [11/18/14]

mod modpack installer mods wotmods wotmodpack solo jimbo infopanel modsforworldoftanks

• Please log in to reply
2169 replies to this topic

Poll: Update (798 members have cast votes)

Which Sound Mods You Use?

1. Julie (91 votes [11.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.40%

2. Minions (57 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Fox (33 votes [4.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.14%

4. Nukem (132 votes [16.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.54%

5. Gnomefather's Guns (140 votes [17.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.54%

6. Gnomefather's Engines (31 votes [3.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.88%

7. Kriegstreiber's Guns (53 votes [6.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.64%

8. Kriegstreiber's Engines (26 votes [3.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.26%

9. None! (235 votes [29.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

fu_bar_okie #381 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 16:46

Private

• Players
  • 22016 battles
  • [DA] DA

I have as of today 03/26/14 tried to download "Solo's ModPack for 0.8.11_v0.9.8 XVM-Latest.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer" and this is the error message that I got. I have even shutdown all firewalls, shut down all virus programs and it still will not let me download. what's up with this? I have enjoyed the previous mod pack and now I am spoiled. I tried to play WOT's and it is not the same, so, how can I overcome this problem or fix it if it is on my end or is it something in  your program? I am currently running Windows 7, 32 bit with plenty of memory. Could you look into this?

Fu_bar_okie

Chisum #382 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 17:58

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16737 battles
  • [-OST-] -OST-
That came up for me too, using Windows 8 I just selected more and it gave me an option to run anyway. Not sure if Windows 7 has a similar option.

Big_Benn_Klingon #383 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 23:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22859 battles

View PostChisum, on Mar 26 2014 - 14:28, said:

View PostBig_Benn_Klingon, on Mar 26 2014 - 08:22, said:

Everything works again yay! thanks for updating. 

not sure I like the new 3-row tank carousel. it's really cluttered. 2 was fine

Go to settings (in game) and at the very right is a "Mod" tab, there you can adjust the amount of rows among other things with the carousel mod. Just found that myself last night :)

awesome! thanks man :)

soloviyko #384 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 00:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8100 battles
  • [_ACR_] _ACR_

View PostxEppyx, on Mar 24 2014 - 00:01, said:

Ah, I do see that.. I glanced over that option. Thanks!

I would like to see XVM PNG Light's graphical icons (over tank markers) or similar HD icons in the pack.

I also like Vitiri's gold detector pack for icons in the hitlog.

You could even add more sub-options for the "I am Spotted" mod, 6.. 8... 10.. max? some people like it on.

Just throwing this out there, but seeing as you can make colored circles representing a players skill level, would it be possible to change the shapes according to skill base of each player? For instance, a skill system based off of shapes? circles = reds, triangles = yellow, square = green, pentagon = teal, etc .. which could represent a players skill in that particular tank, while the color inside is the typical win8 color scheme. That way instead of a two dot system, you could change it into a shape/dot system.. almost a badge-like system. Who has more corners? lol...  But that might impossible or too complicated.

I also like the PNG's icons, and I even experimented with adding the icons to solo's config, but over time I realized that it only clutters up the interface and also I like simplicity. What I might do about PNG is either create an enhanced version of solo's xvm or just use the config provided by PNG Light.

As for the Vitri's I took a look and it looks nice haven't tested it, once I get to it I'll see what can be done.

For the Spotted mod. I don't have the source code to change it show 6, 8 or 10 it's only coded for 5, but I can talk to the Dev about adding that feature.

I really do like your idea of the shapes and colors, I haven't checked if I can link colors with shapes and If XVM supports it. I'll try raising this question on XVM forums and maybe get some tips there. 

View PostTurtleDriver, on Mar 24 2014 - 00:05, said:

I tried to download and even disabled all virus programs like norton and even windows smartscreen and they still blocked it from  installing.

Do you have a screen shot of what exact error you get. 

View PostLempo, on Mar 24 2014 - 03:14, said:

Beautiful pack! I love the ability to get 1 simple mod pack, but still have easy adjustments.

I do have a couple questions/concerns though.

First, I have Solo's xvm, Jimbo's cross hairs, and Solo's tank details (when you are looking at an enemy), However, right in the middle of my aiming circle is a pink box, with the letters "PH" in dark writing. Any idea what adjustments I need to make to remove this?

Secondly, an issue I've had with XVM in general, do you know a possible way to show enemy player names above the tank, with out the alt key? This would greatly assist me when it comes to conversation for clan wars, tank company, and platoons.

Sorry, these are probably very noob comments, but I am horrible when it comes to computer knowledge.

Thank you for your help, and your beautiful modpack

Lempo

The "PH" thingy is a bug in Jimbo's Crosshair someone already asked it here check first few pages

View PostBleemus, on Mar 25 2014 - 16:31, said:

Seems like the Micropatch also did something weird to Dark Agent Icons .

Might not be the micro-patch actually looks like XVM's problem. what XVM config are you using?

View PostQualm, on Mar 25 2014 - 16:59, said:

After trying a lot of mods, I'm using yours now and I love it.  Especially your xvm config with the dots and bars.

I have one change I think I can make myself but don't know where/what to edit:

1. I'd like my hit damage on the target to be in yellow text and BIG instead of white text and small -- I find myself peering intently at the target after a shot trying to discern how effective I was. How would I change this myself?  Edit: I discovered the xvm online editor, going to try this myself.

I have one issue that I am struggling with:

2. Using Jimbo's crosshairs and possibly others, I haven't tested them, or maybe it's not crosshairs but something else -- I find that most of the time the tank I'm targetting fails to "highlight" even though the reticle is on it.  And/or the reticle itself does not light up. This is when *not* in sniper mode, sniper mode seems to be much better at highlighting.   Since I play mostly mobile mediums, I am out of sniper mode a lot and I'm finding this very tough.  Especially when trying to circle-strafe, I need the visual indication that my gun is on target.  What might be causing this?

I have one request for the info panel:

3. Is it possible to make the info panel fade away or disappear after a few seconds?  It just stays on the screen with the last tank I hovered over visible, which is a bit distracting at times.

Cheers for the good work! 

I don't use Jimbo and I don't have the problem with highlighting. I'll check if he updated it.

For infopanel yes you can  in res_mods\0.8.11\gui\scaleform\InfoPanel.xml using notepad++ change the 6 in everywhere to any time you want. 

View Postkctango, on Mar 26 2014 - 01:08, said:

did you notice a new res mod folder 0.9.0 common test

Use the new 9.8 installer.Old one doesn't have a break for xvm which now is in the 9.0 testing.

View Postheck1002, on Mar 26 2014 - 05:46, said:

Not sure if this idea will be a useful coin or what not, but someone had a modpack that added a lot of stuff, also has sound mods, hangar mods, etc, and see if you can somehow get some of those implemented into your solo mod pack, if whenever that'd be possible, that'd be great! modpack i am talking about is this: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/334086-0811-omc-modpack-installer-last-updated-21032014/ As some of the mods on there are pretty solid as well, sorry if posting a link like that breaks rules or something

I like simplicity. That pack has just too much IMHO. Tell me which "exact" mods or options you think I should add and I'll do my best.

View Postseabass65, on Mar 26 2014 - 06:47, said:

hi just downloaded the fix patch and now the solo xvm isn't working got some otherone..that I diodnt pick from ur list......I like to have the solo xvm again....I downloaded it twice its still the same.... thanks.....

Are you using 9.8 Installer?

FSELITE #385 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 00:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 8013 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Just want to say, THANKS!

orbeavhawk #386 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 01:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4959 battles

Someone here posted that in Game/Settings there is a NEW option Titled:  MODS.......I sure do NOT see it on mine????

CCooper99 #387 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 01:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 3167 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Does anyone know of any mods in this pack that would make artillery audio very quiet? 

I never had this issue until the mini-patch and now I am wondering if either Gnome's Gun sounds didn't install correctly or if there is some other issue with a mod or if it's a bug. But my artillery, the outgoing rounds, the incoming rounds on the enemy, the explosion, etc, is all very quiet. Takes away half the fun of being artillery. My M44 rounds sound like they are suppressed. 

_Filthy1990 #388 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 02:31

Private

• Players
  • 3341 battles
  • [JIMBO] JIMBO

i dont know if anyone requested this yet, my apology if someone already did, but would it be possible for you to include the aslain's hit log (the one that tells you how much damages you dealt to the enemy)? I really like your modpack but when i use it, i cant use aslain's hit log and vice versa. Once again, my apology if someone already asked you this question. 

shoot, i take it back! you included the damage dealt log now! you are awesome.

Edited by _Filthy1990, Mar 27 2014 - 02:48.

heck1002 #389 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 02:57

Private

• Players
  • 7093 battles
  • [GOON] GOON
In regards to my post, only a couple I'd like to see, the Duke Nukem voice mod, and the training camp hangar, which that's pretty much it as of right now, may think of some of the others at a later point in time, don't want to clutter your time up :)

Bleemus #390 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 13:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 14644 battles
  • [FYYFF] FYYFF

Solo,  The problem I saw with the Dark Agent icons seems to have fixed itself after running XVM updater. All is well and thank you so much for the best XVM mod out there!

ThunderHyde #391 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 17:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 19330 battles
  • [QC_A] QC_A

Any idea when this will be fixed??? I don't understand the reply.

Block Quote

Seems that sound files have been mixed up in 9.8.

When I install gun sounds, I get engine sounds...

Block Quote

Since WG's micro patch was for the April Fools' Day I decided to have one of my own.I will put everything Back to normal and you will get notification if you run that installer. I implemented the check for update feature. Have fun

soloviyko #392 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 17:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8100 battles
  • [_ACR_] _ACR_

View Postsoloviyko, on Mar 26 2014 - 05:14, said:

Since WG's micro patch was for the April Fools' Day I decided to have one of my own.:tongue:. I will put everything Back to normal and you will get notification if you run that installer. I implemented the check for update feature. Have fun 

Sound mods were mixed up on a server, Everything is fixed now. 

View Postfu_bar_okie, on Mar 26 2014 - 17:46, said:

I have as of today 03/26/14 tried to download "Solo's ModPack for 0.8.11_v0.9.8 XVM-Latest.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer" and this is the error message that I got. I have even shutdown all firewalls, shut down all virus programs and it still will not let me download. what's up with this? I have enjoyed the previous mod pack and now I am spoiled. I tried to play WOT's and it is not the same, so, how can I overcome this problem or fix it if it is on my end or is it something in  your program? I am currently running Windows 7, 32 bit with plenty of memory. Could you look into this?

Fu_bar_okie

View PostChisum, on Mar 26 2014 - 18:58, said:

That came up for me too, using Windows 8 I just selected more and it gave me an option to run anyway. Not sure if Windows 7 has a similar option.

Who still uses IE? Does still exists. Chrome FTW. :medal:

View Postorbeavhawk, on Mar 27 2014 - 02:24, said:

Someone here posted that in Game/Settings there is a NEW option Titled:  MODS.......I sure do NOT see it on mine????

Must have the latest version 9.8 

View PostCCooper99, on Mar 27 2014 - 02:26, said:

Does anyone know of any mods in this pack that would make artillery audio very quiet? 

I never had this issue until the mini-patch and now I am wondering if either Gnome's Gun sounds didn't install correctly or if there is some other issue with a mod or if it's a bug. But my artillery, the outgoing rounds, the incoming rounds on the enemy, the explosion, etc, is all very quiet. Takes away half the fun of being artillery. My M44 rounds sound like they are suppressed. 

If you installed your mods 3/25 between 9am -7pm EST you need to re-run the installer Sound mods were mixed up on a server, Everything is fixed now. 

View Postheck1002, on Mar 27 2014 - 03:57, said:

In regards to my post, only a couple I'd like to see, the Duke Nukem voice mod, and the training camp hangar, which that's pretty much it as of right now, may think of some of the others at a later point in time, don't want to clutter your time up :)

Sure I'll take a look at them. 

View PostBleemus, on Mar 27 2014 - 14:00, said:

Solo,  The problem I saw with the Dark Agent icons seems to have fixed itself after running XVM updater. All is well and thank you so much for the best XVM mod out there!

Worked fine for me when re-run the v9.8 

soloviyko #393 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 17:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8100 battles
  • [_ACR_] _ACR_

View PostThunderHyde, on Mar 27 2014 - 18:00, said:

Any idea when this will be fixed??? I don't understand the reply.

All fixed now. Sry for the hold up.  Sound mods were mixed up on the server.

1nSaNeAs1aN #394 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 21:32

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 4633 battles
Wow this is amazing, thanks!

Stankeye1 #395 Posted Mar 28 2014 - 02:06

Private

• Players
  • 2900 battles
For some reason I like XVM WOW colors.  I guess I just got used to that scheme.  If at all possible adding that would be great!  If not no problem, still use and love ModPack

Edited by Stankeye1, Mar 28 2014 - 02:12.

SKULLMASTER1980 #396 Posted Mar 28 2014 - 06:38

Private

• Players
  • 14734 battles

ok so i installed the mod but dont like it, how do i uninstall it?

orbeavhawk #397 Posted Mar 29 2014 - 01:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4959 battles

~~

Must have the latest version 9.8..........................BUT....................I AM running latest and GREATEST V. 9.8 ????

Tried to DONATE $5 to you.....PayPal returned my money and said you did not have an Account with them.  I have just tried again

in case you opened one with you e-mail address.  Hope so!

Edited by orbeavhawk, Mar 29 2014 - 21:06.

AristonSparta #398 Posted Mar 30 2014 - 22:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5531 battles
OMG Thank you!!! I was going crazy without that XVM mod, and was too lazy to find the correct updated configuration. I love it when others do all the work for me =) Thanks again for this AWESOME modpack Solo

Snaike #399 Posted Apr 03 2014 - 23:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11061 battles
  • [DROPD] DROPD

Hey guys, 400 messages to this one, so I'm not trolling all the way back to see if there is an easy answer to this....  I have picked out Solo's XVM config.. the only thing I DON'T like is the mirrored tank icons on the opfor.  Is there someway to turn this around so it actually can be read by normal humans in the correct text?

Thanks.

soloviyko #400 Posted Apr 04 2014 - 04:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8100 battles
  • [_ACR_] _ACR_

V.9.9 ------4/3/14

I'm back with few updates here!

P.S. Now if you try running an outdated installer (9.8 and above) you should get a message that a new version is available. To make sure that this feature is working correctly, can some of you just run your old 9.8 installer and get back to me in the comments if the "Version Checker" worked. Thanks!

-Fixed Solo's Config(was as single xc file now back in config folder broken into pieces)

- Added PNG kill and help icons as an extension to Solo Config

- Added Nukem Sounds

- Updated Jimbo's Crosshair 

- Fixed The Tech Tree mod

- Moved the check for new installer file to a new server

- Added Mirror Links to all DLC mods

- Added No Lag in Sniper mode mod

- Fixed MultiLined Carousel at 2 row as standard 

- Fixed Sound Mods on the server( were mixed up on the server)

Also tagged with mod, modpack, installer, mods, wotmods, wotmodpack, solo, jimbo, infopanel, modsforworldoftanks

415 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 415 guests, 0 anonymous users